As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

19495969798100»

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Its hard to say if our CPUs are a direct apples to apples comparison even though they are 7700k's. I have mine overclocked to 5.0 Ghz at some voltage I forget. (edit: not to mention the delidding I performed, which at stock clocks and voltage, dropped my temps by literally 20-25c)

I, possibly out of stubbornness, haven't tried turning off the overclock though....

Maybe I will do that. Just feels wrong though. Have had zero issues for running on two years now!

Al_wat on
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I don't think that is happening with me. I have a corsair AIO cpu cooler and use Corsair Link to manage it. I have radiator fan speed linked to coolant temperature, as well as a display of pump rpm. pump rpm never seems to drop. Coolant temperature seems gets into a fairly high range while playing div 2 compared to its normal behavior. This coolant behavior is consistent with my CPU maintaining high temperatures and not just sometimes spiking to a high value.

It doesn't help that I am running a notoriously hot cpu, an i7 7700k. However I did delid it and during OCing / stress testing never saw temps higher than 85c. Div 2 at 4k 60fps gets me into the 90s easy. 45fps keeps me in the 80s which I consider okay.

I've considered buying a new cpu cooler and seeing if that helps. When I play other games though... I have no issues...

Yeah, I'm running a Corsair H80i v2 or whatever the current incarnation of the H80i is. The main difference is that I'm not running Corsair Link. That said, I'm only using an i7-8700k (that went through the Silicon Lottery delid process) with a very modest OC (only 4.7GHz with multiplier tweaking).

Still, I'm a little alarmed at Div2 usurping my AIO cooler's pump and fan settings. I wasn't even thinking it'd be the cooler until I happened to glance inside my case and noticed the H80i's water block was red instead of the usual white. That's when I opened my motherboard application and started poking around the fan/pump monitors.

EDIT - oh, and I should say 'spiking up to 80-85C' when it's mostly hovering in the mid/upper-70s (which isn't all that normal...I'm used to seeing it in the mid-60s, tops).

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    You know, I wish they’d let you equip different types of the same skill. If I want a heal drone and a shooty drone, or an assault turret and a flame turret, why not let me?

I would love to be able to equip a chem launcher for my first skill slot, my second skill slot, my grenade slot, my sidearm slot...

Just let me akimbo chem launchers cycling through different flavors.

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    So, just to be clear, is the only thing the skill stat is used for is to equip mods on items? Not skill damage, healing, anything?

akirasig.jpg
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    That is presently correct.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Speaking of messing with your settings, annoyingly, there is no way in game to set game audio to come out of a particular sound device if you have multiple. So I have to use the windows application sound settings to do so.

Which would be fine if the last patch hadn't somehow broken that. Every time I launch the game i have to reapply the setting. It shows that the setting is still active, but doesn't work until I flip it back and forth.

steam_sig.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Have 3 pieces of the Hard Wired Set built so far, I have 5 pieces of the True Patriot set, and a complete set of Ongoing Directive.

Took that for a spin and it pretty cool. Your killing with your primary weapon puts a few special rounds into your secondary weapon. Kills with the secondary put rounds into your sidearm, side arm kills put special rounds into your primary. I had about 17 points into support on the set and my gear skill was in the 3000s so easily enough to put whatever mods you want into your skills.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Woo, through a whirlwind run of stuff I managed to progress from WT3, through 4, and right on in to 5 and sitting at gear level 487. Of course I'm just wearing whatever, but I guess things are going well enough so far. So I guess at this point I just run around hitting objectives, finishing up side missions, and replaying strongholds on harder difficulties?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Chatterbox worked well for my demo spec. They're more close range, I had to train myself to flip over when
    Speaking of messing with your settings, annoyingly, there is no way in game to set game audio to come out of a particular sound device if you have multiple. So I have to use the windows application sound settings to do so.

Which would be fine if the last patch hadn't somehow broken that. Every time I launch the game i have to reapply the setting. It shows that the setting is still active, but doesn't work until I flip it back and forth.

Odd, I always use the windows tray icon for sound to swap between my headphones and speakers if i'm playing with people. The swap continues to work fine for me for what it's worth.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Is there a source of exotic components other than deconstructing junk exotics (which I currently lack in any quantity)? I would like to upgrade my Liberty up to 500.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Is there a source of exotic components other than deconstructing junk exotics (which I currently lack in any quantity)? I would like to upgrade my Liberty up to 500.

Not currently. And I'm hella hesitant to deconstruct any exotic I don't have two of after my Thompson fiasco in div 1.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I found 2 Pestilences in the DZ yesterday, one at 498 and another at 500.

Dismantled the 498 one and got 2 exotic components, spent one to upgrade Liberty.

Sadly Pestilence seems kinda ass both for PvE (it does pitiful damage) and PvP. (Needs to hit with way too many bullets before the effect procs)

I did kill a couple of Rogues with it but I probably could have done that easier with my Military M60.

Sirialis on
    working on a new thread, not sure if Roe still plays/wants to maintain.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Dismantled the 498 one and got 2 exotic components, spent one to upgrade Liberty.

Sadly Pestilence seems kinda ass both for PvE and PvP.

It's an enormous disappointment and I am immensely sad regarding it.

Random unrelated question, though. Did you have to extract them or did you get lucky and they were uncontaminated?

I had to extract mine.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).

Sadly Pestilence seems kinda ass both for PvE (it does pitiful damage) and PvP. (Needs to hit with way too many bullets before the effect procs)

I need to run around the dz to get one of dem pestilences. But I'm so hestiant because of the bored nature people are in end game right now I imagine fucking with people just trying to do some pve is high.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2019
    man, I'd be pissed if I lost one of those because it's extract only.

ediT: yea, I got ganked in the middle of clearing a Challenge Landmark for the first time last night.

tastydonuts on
    edited April 2019
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Sadly Pestilence seems kinda ass both for PvE and PvP.

It's an enormous disappointment and I am immensely sad regarding it.

Random unrelated question, though. Did you have to extract them or did you get lucky and they were uncontaminated?

I had to extract mine.

I had to extract both.

I left Pestilence on the ground and was still attacked by Rogues literally where it dropped, evaded them and actually killed the same 2 guys with Pestilence later.

Called a few friends and asked them to help me, then one of them also got a Pestilence (that also had to be extracted) and I got a 2nd one to drop.

Sirialis on
    I guess if it drops often enough losing it to a jack hole wouldn't be that bad, I mean it would suck just to lose something for completion sake, but eh I'd only want it for the completion.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2019
    It doesnt seem to drop that often, afaik.

We’ve been clearing Landmarks in the DZ for days before the first one dropped.

Sirialis on
    It doesnt drop that often, afaik.

We’ve been clearing Landmarks in the DZ for days before the first one dropped.

shiiiii

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Well I guess the obvious solution is to wait for someone to start booking it to an extraction and them merc them for it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2019
    If you are in a group and extract it, it can be traded within the group.

Not sure if you could do that with extracted items in Division 1.

I wasnt doing DZ specifically for Pestilence though, DZ is probably the best place to gear up, especially at rank 50.

No luck with Merciless yet though.

Sirialis on
    If you are in a group and extract it, it can be traded within the group.

Not sure if you could do that with extracted items in Division 1.

You could, all earned loot in a group was shareable for an hour. I can't remember if that was day one or an added patch.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited April 2019
    There were still some items you couldnt trade, I think in D1 it was extracted items and items out of leveling caches IIRC.

Sirialis on
    There were still some items you couldnt trade, I think in D1 it was extracted items and items out of leveling caches IIRC.

I could have sworn items in leveling caches if you were in a group were shareable. Or they had the shareable icon. Like I remember if I popped a level in a mission all of the items I got had the shareable icon.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    If you dinged a cache you could share it. Underground and Last Stand cache content/rewards were also shareable.

Survival caches weren't.

Sharing from caches seems a little weird right now. My friend opened 2 proficiency caches and some items were sharable and some were not, with no discernable rhyme or reason.

steam_sig.png
    Nosf wrote: »

Odd, I always use the windows tray icon for sound to swap between my headphones and speakers if i'm playing with people. The swap continues to work fine for me for what it's worth.

Doesn't that one just change your default output device system wide? I don't want to do that as sometimes I'm playing music or a show through my speakers.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2019
    I put up the new thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/225367/tom-clancys-the-division-hey-its-that-agent/

who are the officers in the PC/PS4 clans?

tastydonuts on