As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Deathless Minotaur, single death Phoenix.

Still can't take that fire blast he does, but I just avoid it and hit him with Bane. Then run around.

Essentially that's how I take out all bosses: Bane, totem, run, bane, totem, run. The DOT does all the work for me!

jungleroomx on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2484587

new event league around may 10, 3.7 with melee rework is june 4th

J3qcnBP.png
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Hehe
    We'll go into more detail about its exact contents when we announce it, but can confirm that there is a significant balance focus on Melee and a League of a simpler scope than the last few. Our internal playtest version of the new league is much further along than leagues normally are at this point in the development cycle. We're hoping it'll be a new fan-favourite.

Translation:
    Jesus Christ ok we heard you already, fucking shit

Rius on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Oye, we're only a month in from the start of Synthesis? Feels like forever already, but I suppose that's mostly from bouncing off in the first week.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I just hope they don't nerf any of the new chaos skills. Or at least, not much.

Chaos is finally viable as an endgame build without 100 ex in gear, or as a stat boost to physical/elemental, or saddled with lame ass poison skills. It's always been my favorite damage type and I am so happy to knock down the Shapers door using a self cast Chaos ES witch, especially since the new skills feel so damn good to use (no more clunky Essence Drain/Contagion).

Now if I could only manage a chaos/cold Occultist CI bowman with Death's Oath and some kind of cDoT arrow skill, I'd be 100%.

jungleroomx on
    edited April 2019
    Also, if we get a chaos melee skill that isn't fucking Viper Strike, that will be my first build.

jungleroomx on
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2484587

new event league around may 10, 3.7 with melee rework is june 4th

Moar Demis.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Huh I guess my Ranger got wiped at some point. I think I was trying to go for a perma granite flask or something silly like that. Time for some napkin math.
    Without going all the way up to witchland to grab Alchemist, tree benefits (plus Pathfinder ascendancy @ 6 points) seem to be:

+60% increased charges gained
    +20% "Flask Recovery rate" (I'm assuming this works like Perpetual and is multiplicative with increased charges gained)
    15% reduced charges used
    +28% duration
    +20% duration (quality (multiplicative))

Passive Charge Generation: ((3*1.6)*1.20) = 5.76 per 3s or 1.92 per 1s

Reduced charges are far and away the better option for this pot because it's so expensive. PoE wiki says that Chemist can have 25% reduced charge used, and an "of Sipping" belt reduces costs by another 20%, so that takes reduced costs to 60% total.

Granite Flask:
    Duration: ((4*1.28)*1.2)= 6.144s
    Charge cost: 30 - 60% = 12 on use
    Passive Charge Generation over Duration (Full Segments): 5.76 * 2 = 11.52
    Passive Charge Generation over Duration (Partial Segements): 1.92* 6.144 = 11.79
    Shortfall: 0.48 (full)/ 0.21 (partial)

If I do go up to Witch, I can grab another 10% duration, but that's a long hike. Also, it's been a LONG time: would the crafting bench duration mod stack with already existing prefixes?

If both true, duration goes up to 7.344, or 14.1 total charges generated over duration. With a 2.1 partial overflow, it takes six cycles to fully pay for another use, topping the flask back off.

At least, I think that would be how it would work.

Or I could be an absolute maverick and actually count on killing something at some point in the ~13 minutes it would take to run a flask dry but what fun is that.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that Flask Recovery Rate refers to mana and life flask recovery rate and not charge gain

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that Flask Recovery Rate refers to mana and life flask recovery rate and not charge gain

Yeah, you're correct, that's a misread.

So it isn't quite perma... but considering that 25% of the time I get a pot for free, it basically is.

Now I just need to find a reason to ever go that far for a flask build.

If there was some sort of unique to set enemies on fire while on consecrated ground I'd be tempted to go for Bottled Faith.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    people jakcing my ancient soulthirst memes how rude

obF2Wuw.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    although that does remind me of a soulthirst kitavas thirst lightning warp build i did, it was thirst themed items

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XofS_iK1GIo

sadly i didnt ever record anything once i got the 30second flask up and running but such is lyfe

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think I've asked before, but besides the profane bloom vortex character, is there something else that's super low input, just run around fast and stuff dies? Most RF builds I've seen replace pushing skill buttons with flask buttons.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Queen's Escape vaal summon skeletons/zombies with Phase Run was the most braindead build I ever played and it handled maps up to T15 literally carefree and Red Elder while I was alt-tabbed

Rius wrote: »
    Queen's Escape vaal summon skeletons/zombies with Phase Run was the most braindead build I ever played and it handled maps up to T15 literally carefree and Red Elder while I was alt-tabbed

Just minion nodes on the passive tree, and then Vaal Skeleton and Zombies plus w/e mitigation/auras?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited April 2019
    Brody wrote: »

Just minion nodes on the passive tree, and then Vaal Skeleton and Zombies plus w/e mitigation/auras?

This is the build I followed back at the time; it's not really all that updated for recent leagues but neither are there any significant changes to it

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2114607 - this is physical skellies/zombies with some Hype Ape spectres

These are other similar guides I was looking at a couple weeks ago when I was thinking of making a necromancer alt.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253282 - same guy as above build, but this one's a Skeletons/Soulwrest build
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2017232 - zombies with a tankier focus
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2167692 - another look at skellies/zombies

It's a pain to link four guides, I know, but they all make decent points and minion builds are gem link starved enough that it's good to know what you want to do before/as you're leveling

Edit: note that the problem I had with that first build 3 leagues ago was it couldn't do Shaper (or by association, Uber Elder, though I wasn't trying him then) for shit because the skeletons would melt and the zombies would too. You probably have to do Mon'tregul's Grasp and a shield with The Baron and STR stacking to take Zombies to Shaper/Uber Elder, but then you're not playing Queen's Escape.

If all you want is the easiest map clearing build ever with afk bossing before Guardians, then Queen's Escape skellies/zombies is your jam

Rius on

This is the build I followed back at the time; it's not really all that updated for recent leagues but neither are there any significant changes to it

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2114607 - this is physical skellies/zombies with some Hype Ape spectres

These are other similar guides I was looking at a couple weeks ago when I was thinking of making a necromancer alt.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253282 - same guy as above build, but this one's a Skeletons/Soulwrest build
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2017232 - zombies with a tankier focus
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2167692 - another look at skellies/zombies

It's a pain to link four guides, I know, but they all make decent points and minion builds are gem link starved enough that it's good to know what you want to do before/as you're leveling

Edit: note that the problem I had with that first build 3 leagues ago was it couldn't do Shaper (or by association, Uber Elder, though I wasn't trying him then) for shit because the skeletons would melt and the zombies would too. You probably have to do Mon'tregul's Grasp and a shield with The Baron and STR stacking to take Zombies to Shaper/Uber Elder, but then you're not playing Queen's Escape.

If all you want is the easiest map clearing build ever with afk bossing before Guardians, then Queen's Escape skellies/zombies is your jam

Yeah, I've got DI if I really feel like pushing forward with content, but I kind of want a build that I can just run maps/delves and pick up all the loot without really trying.

edited April 2019
    Swapped out 2 hander staffs for a rare Void Sceptre and permanent Onslaught with Ahn's Heritage.

Man that 20% cast speed bump with DI is just nasty. Put Arcane Surge on there (level 10 until I 6L) instead of Added Lightning and I'm clearing tier 8-9 maps like it ain't no thing.

Got Clarity up and going with Wrath in an Essence Work, cracked 3.8k life and I still have 3 life nodes by the Duelist (Near the no speed reduction from Armor node), 5 nodes from the Scion life area, 4 Mana nodes, and 3 jewel sockets left (Probably flat added phys and lightning with hp on abyssals). 5k armor, shield charge/fortify, 12% phys reduction during channel, and my Pantheon damage reductions.

And still running a 5S.

Shits about to get cray.

jungleroomx on

Yeah, I've got DI if I really feel like pushing forward with content, but I kind of want a build that I can just run maps/delves and pick up all the loot without really trying.

The best part about skellies/zombies is they'll continue clearing while you pick up loot, and minions + phase run is probably amazing at delving

with Queen's Escape your Vaal Skeletons will last a decade and you'll have 50+ allies to distract bosses with

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I think I've asked before, but besides the profane bloom vortex character, is there something else that's super low input, just run around fast and stuff dies? Most RF builds I've seen replace pushing skill buttons with flask buttons.

sounds like winter orb to me

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »

sounds like winter orb to me

Winter orb you have to hold a button tho

Skeleton/zombie Summoners you don’t really

fuck gendered marketing
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Minion AI is really bad though. Getting them to kill stuff requires a lot of babysitting.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Soulwrest builds are fun. Don't require links other than 4l for your generosity etc setups. Can run with other minions or just srs or even by itself. I run just the phantasms and it got me to shaper last league pretty easy. Most expensive items will be jewels. You max those on tree. Or the devouring diadem or summoner chest if you go there. But don't need 5l or 6l on it so not as bad. Bubonic trail keeps phantasms up so all you really need to do is cast offerings. If you go summoner chest don't need that either really as the offerings from that or the consumption from the diadem both replenish your phantasms as well.

Jubal77 on
    the true braindead soulwrest strat is soulwrest + automated corpse gen (bunch of ways to do this - one method is using heartbound loop and a low level desecrate cwdt setup w/ queen's hunger and/or devouring diadem)

from that you get 2 different corpse consumption triggers to both gain huge hp and mana passively, constant 5% regen, 21 automated ghosties who will frag everything, and u literally just run around with brain off as corpses get spawned, consumed, shitting ghosts, no mercy only zuul

obF2Wuw.png
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I wrote a build guide for the Occultist support I mained this league: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485710

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Queen's Escape bonuses are all global bonuses, right? I don't need to start with a 4/5L to stuff my skeleton gem in?

Yeah everything on there is global except for the item strength requirement

The dumb part of queens escape is now you're trying to get two six links but surprise surprise minions will totally shitstomp on just a double 5l (or even a double 4l, really)

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    First Xoph this league drops Amulet and Blessing. Perfect strength, 39 out of 40 fire res. Yusss.

edited April 2019
    Yeah everything on there is global except for the item strength requirement

The dumb part of queens escape is now you're trying to get two six links but surprise surprise minions will totally shitstomp on just a double 5l (or even a double 4l, really)

This game, people bitch about things being "meta" and getting attention and this and that.

But man, stun and summon have been legit, lowkey super fucking OP for leagues now.

jungleroomx on
    Absalon wrote: »
    First Xoph this league drops Amulet and Blessing. Perfect strength, 39 out of 40 fire res. Yusss.

My first Tul dropped an amulet and blessing, super janky rolls (Still worth over 5 ex, so no complaining here)

everything is op except the thing that is not op i decided it was time to impart my cosmic wisdom to u all

obF2Wuw.png
    everything is op except the thing that is not op i decided it was time to impart my cosmic wisdom to u all

Explosive Arrow?

It sucks because I find stun and summon horribly boring and cannot do them.

I just think it's worth thinking about the next time RF doesn't get nerfed and half the comments on GGG's site are "looks like another RF league."

edited April 2019
    So, DI build using Tempest Shield as the trigger pull

https://youtu.be/9sJQE4DKf0c

It's still very much a WiP (Need Command of the Pit so I can take Arcane Surge off my chest and put on something else, a 6L blue STR chest, Watcher's Eye, only level 79) but it works like this:

Shield Charge/Orb of Storms/DI and hold for those sweet channeling defensive bonuses, tap Tempest Shield (W key in this case) to fire without ever losing your damage reduction.

It's a hell of a lot of fun so far. I've got my Watcher's Eye and a few Abyssal jewels with flat added life, physical, and lightning (100% conversion from phys to lightning) and with Stormfire and Beacon of Ruin, just elemental death for all involved. I hope.

Here's the finished tree, level 94

jungleroomx on
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Dropped my fifth (!!!!!!????) Putrid cloister of the league last night

not quite an ex but a good 55-60c usually

i poofed a really well rolled 28 quality nebuloch last night =[

i will get a fortify on hit one!

J3qcnBP.png
    if u any arcane surge take minion damage circle between witch and templar and 4 points to get +1 spectre then run bitterbind point with souls wick

free arcane surge 200% spell crit a veiled mod and the damage nodes are not even a bad investment and it makes u rly cool

obF2Wuw.png
    I'm tempted to make this flaskfinder into a magma orb thrower just for the mtx that turns the orbs into flasks and just toss beers at people

Either that or try to work out some bullshit with https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Umbilicus_Immortalis and make an undead kegger

New unique, Drunken Master's Best Friend. Max charges are equal to charges required to drink. Every time you drink you get a buff that lowers accuracy but increases unarmed damage. Buff can stack. Each stack on you increases the number of charges required to drink by 50%. get krunked

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    (She/Her)
    Cyclone cwc bladefall might be interesting.