As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Tasker and Theo
    Drop weight increased from 75 to 100
    ?

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Short answer: It's now equally common with other gloves.

Longer answer:
    "Weight" is a value up to 100 that determines rarity, based on the total weight and number of items in the category.

So if there are 3 gloves all with a weight of 100, then they are equally common and each have a 33% drop rate (100/300).

2 gloves at 100 and 1 at 50 would be 40% for two (100/250) and 20% for the other (50/250), and so on.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    100% on Reaper's Wraps is a nice change. If you're willing to sacrifice the damage / utility of different wrists, you may as well ensure there's no resource shortage now.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Carnevil
    The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do.
    Huh, this was the original design, wasn't it? Or, maybe it was even "All the fetishes shoot a dart"?

Oh, wait, I've looked it up and they decreased the number of darts but increased the damage per shot, so the net effect on damage was neutral.

• Options
    Short answer: It's now equally common with other gloves.

Longer answer:
    "Weight" is a value up to 100 that determines rarity, based on the total weight and number of items in the category.

So if there are 3 gloves all with a weight of 100, then they are equally common and each have a 33% drop rate (100/300).

2 gloves at 100 and 1 at 50 would be 40% for two (100/250) and 20% for the other (50/250), and so on.
    How can people playing on the PTR tell this? Is it in the game files?

• Options
    Ah, datamining most likely, people have tools that run diffs on the game files

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Tasker and Theo change is nice if true.

Reapers will never stay that way. 100% is waaaay too efficient. Wrist slot for necros is already their most flexible slot, that reapers change would make it, while not mandatory, at least undesirable to have anything else in there.

It'd also make for some disgusting DH speed builds if you were willing to give up some damage, you'd have unlimited hatred for vaulting if you used the xbows to change vault cost to hatred.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    Ah, datamining most likely, people have tools that run diffs on the game files
    It's interesting that information is on the client.

• Options
    It occurred to me that the Season 17 bonus is probably going to be the least-accessible one yet.

The double-bounty bonus was maybe the most accessible one, because you are in full control over when you get the benefit (since running a bounty is a player-initiated endeavor), and running bounties is something that everyone has to do anyway, and they have to do a lot of it. Everyone benefits, the bonus is easy to get, and you get it on demand.

The current "free RROG effect" bonus is also pretty accessible, because almost everyone gravitates towards sets (since they're so disproportionately powerful), and you get at least one set for free from the Season Journey. Again, everyone benefits, the bonus is fairly easy to get, and you're pretty much always gonna be benefiting from it.

The double treasure goblins bonus was kinda... whatever. The goblins are very RNG, but they're also just a nice loot pinata boost, they're not a critical or planned-for part of your D3 life. Everyone benefits, the bonus isn't very easy to get, but also who cares.

The LoN bonus for season 17 gives you a bonus for wearing Ancients while not wearing a set. So... it has negative synergy with Haedrig's Gift, you don't get free ancients the way you get free sets, and it takes way more time and work to get a full complement of ancient items (that work for the build you want) than it is to get a set + a few helper legendaries for a build. The only silver lining is that it's not an all-or-nothing bonus; every ancient you wear gets you another little boost.

Still, though, it'd be nice if there were a better path towards getting an ancient than just "pray for RNG" and "keep re-rolling an item in the cube... and pray for RNG".

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Well the only thing that makes seasons easier these days is the set bonus buffing. This season will be longer since the Conquests are more painful and grindy than the last ones. The season bonus is more for people to play with different builds than to push for completing the season faster (as you already pointed out).

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    It seems to me that the LoN bonus may actually breathe life into a stage of D3's seasonal gameplay cycle where a lot of people tend to lose interest. That point where you have your set builds together, they are pretty powerful, you are pushing GRs. You've probably completed the season quest line if that is a thing you are into. You're maybe 700-1000 paragon. Other than grinding augments and pushing higher and higher GRs, or perhaps working on Alts, there isn't much left to do.

With the LoN bonus, it is only really at this stage of seasonal progress where you could realistically pull off a powerful LoN build. Typing this out actually kinda makes me excited for the idea of it, when up until now I have given almost zero fucks.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    OK, fair enough; that's a good point that hadn't occurred to me.

I think my initial statement still stands, though: more people could benefit from the season bonus effect, and benefit from it earlier and/or for a longer time, from previous seasons than from Season 17. I don't have as much time to play these days as I'd like, so I'm not sure that I'll actually be able to play deep enough into Season 17 to benefit from the season bonus much.

• Options
    Yeah you're not wrong, it is definitely less accessible. It isn't a bonus you can really take advantage of quickly.

• Options
    I still would prefer a more deterministic path towards getting ancients (and maybe primals, even?). Like, I don't know, maybe disenchanting an ancient give you an Ancient Soul, and you can toss 100 Ancient Souls and a regular legendary into the cube to upgrade it into an ancient version of that item. I get that on a long enough time scale, the RNG evens out and you can get the items you want eventually, but I sadly don't have as much time to run on the grinding treadmill anymore, and would really appreciate having this time scale trimmed a bit. Or even just knowing that there's a definite endpoint in sight. Like the reason I love the Season Journey is because I have a very specific set of goals, and I know that once I hit them I'll get a reward I can plan for and fantasize about. Things like getting ancient drops of the items you want, or finding a Ramaladni's Gift, there's no way I can pencil that into my schedule.

(As you can imagine, I think Caldesann's Despair is a very good addition to the game.)

• Options
    In my view there is a path towards getting ancients, gifts, etc, and increasing your amount of primal drops (although you can never plan on getting a specific primal). This is by having a speed build and running 2-3min of the highest GR you can handle. Maximize time spent running GRs and minimize wasted time. Play with the maximum efficiency you possibly can.

Like what I do is once I have my speed build setup, I will run successive GRs very quickly. I won't even check my loot until my inventory is full or my blood shards need spending. Sometimes I will scrap unidentified pieces of loot that I know I will never use no matter how well they roll.

Usually this ends up being me running 3-4 GRs in a row, then dealing with loot very quickly. Any loot that looks interesting I may not even incorporate into a build yet, just dump into my stash to look at later. Then get back to running GRs.

Do this and you will have a huge surplus of Ramaladni's Gifts, all the ancients you need, and if you are lucky some usable primals.

• Options
    Or the best way is to have someone else play with you and they give you all the good Ancients and Primals.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Well the only thing that makes seasons easier these days is the set bonus buffing. This season will be longer since the Conquests are more painful and grindy than the last ones. The season bonus is more for people to play with different builds than to push for completing the season faster (as you already pointed out).

Apparently it's Sprinter, Avarice, The Thrill, Years of War, and Masters of the Universe, so ya that's a little slower.

The Thrill is funny- given the theme it should be incredibly easy. That leaves Avarice and probably Years of War, using fake-LoN to get 2+ sets on an alt.

• Options
    Yeah. Years of War and Masters of the Universe suck.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Tasker and Theo
    ?

I fucking knew the drop rate on those were fucked!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Tasker and Theo
    ?

I fucking knew the drop rate on those were fucked!

Oh ya, and pre-2.6.1 it was 25!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Some updates on 2.6.5:

New
    • PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9.
    • PS4/XB1/Switch: 140 additional stash spaces are now available All players will be able to purchase 70 additional stash spaces with gold upon login.
    • Note: All tabs are available immediately upon login on PTR for testing purposes only.
    • New reward at Guardian: Galactic Wings for Season 17.
    Now confirmed:
    • Carnevil - The 5 10 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do.
    And now debunked (these will not go live):
    • Reaper's Wraps - Health globes restore 25-30% 100% of your primary resource.
    • Tasker and Theo - Drop weight increased from 75 to 100
    • The Shadow’s Mantle - (6) Impale deals an additional 75000% 60000% weapon damage to the first enemy hit.

Noggin on
  • Options
    Some updates on 2.6.5:

New
    • PC: 5 additional stash tabs are now available The cap for earning additional stash tabs through the Season Journey has been raised from 4 to 9.
    :(

• Options
    Ooooh, more stash tabs to push for!!! Wish they just gave it to those who have maxed out a while ago, but I'm good for more season grinding! Is there a photo of the galactic wings yet? I'm hoping they look like the cosmic ones from the Rainbow Land.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    They seem to have a similar effect, while still looking different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmOy5MLDj00

• Options
    Some updates on 2.6.5:

New
    :(
    Yeah, that's... pretty disappointing.

• Options
    I was checking out some PTR videos and oh man, no, the chantodo waves are just waaay too fast when based on all the attack speed from archon stacks.

Not that I used Chantodo much at all anyway, but that’s a big NOPE from me. I prefer eyesight.

• Options
    That actually sounds really awesome!

Chantodo has been pretty irrelevant at t13+ for a while now

• Options
    Well it’s definitely powerful (gr127, 1700p), just overly flashy for my taste.

https://youtu.be/9Ocp_ZZ-FAk

• Options
    Wow, that is interesting to say the least. I agree that Chantodo has just been salvage fodder. This might make me try it out once at least.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Isn't that plevel 2852?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    what's replaced chantodo in the wizard meta then

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Meteor Tals.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Isn't that plevel 2852?

His title means “effective paragon of about 1700”, most likely by leaving around 1150 points unused. A lot of times I’ll see people specifically say, “this is at 800, with lvl90 gems/augs”.

Knowing that info gives a better idea of where a build will perform, and in this case, shows that you don’t need to be 2852.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Anyone done Curses! with a WD on the Switch? All I need is to complete/master a set dungeon, augment, and get a 3rd conquest to finish the season. Wondering if it's worth fishing for the bounty now, or if I should level up a gem of ease to make a demon hunter.

I could also throw together something to try for Boss Mode, but I've only ever done that with a shadow DH, and it was kind of aggravating on the Switch last season.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Hey, if anyone plays this on hardcore for PC, hit me up. I just got back into the game and have a witch doctor with full Jade and Helltooth. I'm playing around in T10/GR45 and have T8 on solid farm. Trying to work my way up. Would love to make a few friends and do split bounties, rifts, and grifts together.

P.S - how is D3 on Switch? I liked it for Xbox but feel it's much better on PC. Anything special about the Switch version?

Chubby Bunny on
    Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    The Switch version comes with Ganondorf (sp?) armor cosmetic. Other than that, just the ability to play D3 in a box, on a fox...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Well, and also there’s an amiibo that gives you a Vault portal every day.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Russad wrote: »
    Anyone done Curses! with a WD on the Switch? All I need is to complete/master a set dungeon, augment, and get a 3rd conquest to finish the season. Wondering if it's worth fishing for the bounty now, or if I should level up a gem of ease to make a demon hunter.

I could also throw together something to try for Boss Mode, but I've only ever done that with a shadow DH, and it was kind of aggravating on the Switch last season.
    Keep remaking games until you have the A5 bounty called Cursed Peat. I know it's easy to solo but I know nothing about Witch Doctors so if they're an exception I have no clue.

Edit - I am bad at reading and I don't think I gave you any useful information

Jookie on
    butts
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Another PTR update:
    • They dialed back the Akkhan's Leniency buff, now 30-35% up from 15-20%.
    • Chantodo's wave of destruction ticks damage now scales with attack speed.
    • Inarius 6p buffed from 3750% to 10000%.
    • Sin Seekers (free-channel Rapid Fire Quiver) now adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire.
    • Wojahnni Assaulter ( ramp up damage Xbow ) used to stack 4 times for 60-75% each, and now 30 times for 75-100% each.

Noggin on
  • Options
    Another PTR update:
    • They dialed back the Akkhan's Leniency buff, now 30-35% up from 15-20%.
    • Chantodo's wave of destruction ticks damage now scales with attack speed.
    • Inarius 6p buffed from 3750% to 10000%.
    • Sin Seekers (free-channel Rapid Fire Quiver) now adds 250-300% damage to Rapid Fire.
    • Wojahnni Assaulter ( ramp up damage Xbow ) used to stack 4 times for 60-75% each, and now 30 times for 75-100% each.

Will be nice leveling with Sin Seekers now.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.