As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Swelling In The Space Gym

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Swelling In The Space Gym

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fucking lol

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I've been calling it Dragon Balls for as long as I can remember, so this comic is art made for me

• Options
    vanner11vanner11 Registered User regular
  • Options
    paladinsamapaladinsama Registered User new member
    If I recall correctly, Son Goku already made that joke in the first volume of the manga in 1984. Ha ha.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    If I recall correctly, Son Goku already made that joke in the first volume of the manga in 1984. Ha ha.

The balls are gone!

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Gabe got the reference. It's already too late for him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Djiem wrote: »

The balls are gone!

I was thinking it happened even before that. When Bulma sees the 4 star dragon ball in Goku's house she takes out the two she had on her backpack and tells Goku those were Dragon Balls, and he replies something like "I haven't even thought that dragons would have them"... Or maybe it was Oolong who says that later... I would have to read Volume 1 again to be sure.

• Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular

The balls are gone!

The balls are inert!

• Options
    I don't remember a joke about balls in the manga, except for the "balls are gone" one. I read the French version though, maybe there is one in English.

I know that when the balls turn to stone for one year the first time, Oolong does say something like "What are we gonna call this manga then?"

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I don't remember a joke about balls in the manga, except for the "balls are gone" one. I read the French version though, maybe there is one in English.

I know that when the balls turn to stone for one year the first time, Oolong does say something like "What are we gonna call this manga then?"

It is in the English version where I read it. What Goku says is "You mean, some poor dragon..." he didn't finish the sentence but clearly he was thinking that a poor dragon lost his balls. The other phrase was said by Oolong later in chapter 9.

Edit:

So I got curious to see what was really said so I looked for the original...

https://imgur.com/a/uxrwlaw

I seems Bulma and Goku says:

ドラゴンボール つていうのよね
    ドラゴン⋮ボール?

Which the translator tells it means...

Dragon Ball, I guess
    Dragon... Ball?

The extra ellipsis that splits the word Dragon from the word Ball could indeed mean that Goku was wondering if those were actually the balls of a Dragon.

paladinsama on
  • Options
    There are 7 Dragon Balls though, which means...

• Options
    JacpaxJacpax AlaskaRegistered User new member
    I get it. The insurmountable difficulty of a game, one you thought was nigh impossible, so you play something that just obliterates your reflexes...

Ninja Gaiden 1, 2 & 3 was my Darksiders3
    Airwolf & Top Gun was my Sekiro.

• Options
    FishFreddyFishFreddy Registered User regular
    I don’t draw comics, but I would love to learn because of you. The drawing is so cool!