As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Before I invest the time, one can collect the components again to build another Liberty for exotic component fodder right?

I don't know on this. I was in a streamers chat yesterday and someone had taken apart their chatterbox and couldn't then get the pieces back. I would avoid breaking it down.

Ugh, does that leave me with trying to farm the DZ exotic LMG for components?

Well you could always farm hyena's for a merciless or outcasts for a lullaby. Or wait for ubisoft to pull their head out of their ass and put more exotics in the game and have them drop better...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm nearly 500 gear level and I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing with myself. I was knocking out required missions to reopen the capitol building again, and getting some green drops along the way, but I have no idea what I should actually be doing with my gear since I've pretty much spent levels 1 to WT5 constantly replacing items (I did have a friend jump in early on, dropping item upgrades).

I started with demolitionist since I like the SMG and LMG, plus the bit explosions from the grenade launcher (when I actually have ammo). Was a bit disappointed on how much micro management the artillery turret seems to need, but maybe I wasn't using it properly.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    After 500 gear level is just grinding for gear to make builds you want work. i.e. get the right talents, numbers, red/blue/orange pips on each item. There's also a lot of secrets/collectibles you can hunt around for on the map. The gear dyes, phone recordings, Hunter masks, just being a few of them.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I'm nearly 500 gear level and I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing with myself. I was knocking out required missions to reopen the capitol building again, and getting some green drops along the way, but I have no idea what I should actually be doing with my gear since I've pretty much spent levels 1 to WT5 constantly replacing items (I did have a friend jump in early on, dropping item upgrades).

I started with demolitionist since I like the SMG and LMG, plus the bit explosions from the grenade launcher (when I actually have ammo). Was a bit disappointed on how much micro management the artillery turret seems to need, but maybe I wasn't using it properly.

Nah the artillery turret is kind of in a weird spot in that it has to be micro'd and like it sometimes just doesn't seem to fire when you want it to. I imagine it'll get the sniper turret treatment soon enough and have an auto mode like it should have from the start.

Marco is right for a lot of skills that need to be "aimed" why spend time doing that when you can just shoot the enemies and save the skill for things that provide an easier to use and utilize benefit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... does anyone have a hunter mask guide that matches or exceeds the simplicity of information found in this Reddit post?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    No that's the best hunter guide I've seen.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    only way i could think to improve it is to write out the text steps for specter and ghost, like this:

SPECTER
    1. go to the division of agriculture building (contaminated zone south of metro ruins control point in East Mall)
    2. stand on top of the big truck in front of the steps to the entrance
    3. shoot out the windows to the south from left to right, bottom to top -- technically you only need to shoot the ones that have the shutters drawn. if you miss a bullet, relog :(. if you accidentally shoot a window twice, relog :(
    4. hunter spawns to the southwest of you, kill it

GHOST (first seven instructions same as incorrect guide)
    1. Have control of Washington Monument. If not, take it over.
    2. Go down to the supply room.
    3. Hit the blue button that's below the TV.
    4. Go to the 3 areas indicated by the TV and look for marked graves.
    5. At each grave, face the monument and emote 'Salute'. You will see a slight UI distortion when successful.
    6. Go back to the supply room and hit the button again.
    7. You will see a Division Circle on the TV screen. This is a check point. Any time you fail to kill the hunter, you have to come back here the next night and hit the button again.
    8. go outside and kill the ghost

Dehumanized on
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Nah the artillery turret is kind of in a weird spot in that it has to be micro'd and like it sometimes just doesn't seem to fire when you want it to. I imagine it'll get the sniper turret treatment soon enough and have an auto mode like it should have from the start.

Marco is right for a lot of skills that need to be "aimed" why spend time doing that when you can just shoot the enemies and save the skill for things that provide an easier to use and utilize benefit.

It wouldn't feel quite as bad if the prescience of the enemies didn't seem to allow them to know instantly when you had targeted their position and they move out of it. Same thing with how they "know" when you are aiming at them behind cover and they sit there for an inordinate amount of time without popping up.

I know that a lot of these things are just little AI shortcuts to make the enemies more difficult to deal with but due to the nature of the game they feel really cheesy. Other examples : enemies moving at light speed between cover, knowing exactly where you are behind cover at all times (and then being able to chuck a grenade 200 yards with pinpoint accuracy) etc etc.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    squall99x wrote: »

It wouldn't feel quite as bad if the prescience of the enemies didn't seem to allow them to know instantly when you had targeted their position and they move out of it. Same thing with how they "know" when you are aiming at them behind cover and they sit there for an inordinate amount of time without popping up.

I know that a lot of these things are just little AI shortcuts to make the enemies more difficult to deal with but due to the nature of the game they feel really cheesy. Other examples : enemies moving at light speed between cover, knowing exactly where you are behind cover at all times (and then being able to chuck a grenade 200 yards with pinpoint accuracy) etc etc.

Yeah I really find it hard as fuck to hit enemies with any aoe ability. Like the best time to throw a grenade is before enemies are aware of you, or if you suppressed them. And its super annoying like on air and space museum when you are in the planetarium and there are like the snipers up top? Sometimes you'll be down to just one guy who won't put his head up because everyone is aiming at them and you can't get them to fucking pop up!

State of the game was kind of lame today. Plenty of "yes this is a bug, yes this shouldn't be happening, yes we're looking into this" but not a lot of "and its being fixed tomorrow". I swear massive seems to have like five people doing bug fixes/balancing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I mean the game has been out less than a month.

At least from my pretty slow playing perspective, it seems they've been updating it pretty regularly.

SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean the game has been out less than a month.

At least from my pretty slow playing perspective, it seems they've been updating it pretty regularly.

Updating regularly leaving things busted regularly. Like signature ammo is not getting fixed tomorrow after they broke it on friday. Enemies rushing on challenging something that's been present since release still not getting fixed. Skill power being useless? Not fixed, "being looked into". There is a lot of thing they've had since release they haven't moved on, and its frankly tiring.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the signature ammo thing has me just not playing instead. hope they fix it soon.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited April 2019
    Hunter info will go into the OP as follows, unless there's something I missed. Don't think it's really a spoiler-spoiler?
    Hunters
    1pu9agz38fph.png

Hunters are hidden bosses in the The Division games whose only known objective is to kill agents and collect their watches. Whether or not this is because you want to kill them and wear their faces remains to be seen. As optional bosses, they can be tough depending on your gear vs World Tier. While some say you can fight them during the day, they are generally only available at night (1900 - 0500) in-game. You can check to see what time it is by going into photo mode. It's in the right side of the UI. If you fail to kill them or meet a trigger condition for the Hunter, you have to wait until the next night in-game. Hunters can only be triggered after you first encounter one in a sub-mission... you'll know it when it happens.

These videos were created a reddit user and more info can be found here, along with step by step directions. If you want to find out how to trigger the hunters on your own, you must find the graffiti cypher puzzles hidden in the game, solve them, then figure out what they want you to do... Otherwise, you can just look at these videos. The numbers correspond to the video that contains how to acquire them.

1 Demon Mask
    2 Crimson Mask
    3 Ghoul Mask
    4 Wraith Mask
    5 Ghost, Specter Masks
    6 Midas and Revenant Masks
    7 Phantom, Death, Cross, and Diamond Phantom Masks (These will not despawn if you don't take them all out, but will chase you... even to just outside safe houses)

tastydonuts on
    I mean starting from div 1 and its loot of multiple useful sets, exotic armor and weapons that were actually you know exotic, and multiple way to get exotic gear to what we have in the division 2 is mega disappointing. And the current "we're looking into it, we're going to fix this soon not next week but soon maybe a month" just is grating.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Practical advice for the Phantom, Death, Cross, and Diamond Hunters:
    They do not despawn if you die so feel free to graveyard zerg them from the nearest respawn point

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    They do not despawn if you die so feel free to graveyard zerg them from the nearest respawn point

Or just use a slightly upgraded grenade launcher to one shot them (maybe 2 shot on WT 5) :P

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    What sucked is at some point they would respawn. I remember when I was trying to get my last mask they literally death chased me to a safe house where I'd get one and then they would death rush zerg me back.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    As far as I can tell, they actively come after you if you die. This led to what I can only describe as "three hunters griefing me at the safe house" when I was only able to kill 1 before dying.

edited April 2019
    I mean starting from div 1 and its loot of multiple useful sets, exotic armor and weapons that were actually you know exotic, and multiple way to get exotic gear to what we have in the division 2 is mega disappointing. And the current "we're looking into it, we're going to fix this soon not next week but soon maybe a month" just is grating.

While in the end we can always say, "they should have learned" do keep in mind that the majority of those things you listed took easily more than a year in Division 1 before they were implemented. I would also argue that most of the exotics (formerly named high end weapons and armor) were actually pretty bland/not useful outside of really specific niche builds. I feel like the exotics that they have in Div 2 are far, far more exotic in regards to the different things they do and potential buffs they grant.

The problem with the exotics (and with the gear sets and with skills) is that they tuned everything super, super low for fear of making something OP that they would have to rework, probably more than once. Hell, I think Reclaimer was changed like 3 times (anyone remember when one of the set bonuses was your consumable used applied to the whole group?), BLIND became Banshee's Shadow because they never got it to work right, they nerfed Alpha-bridge to not be usable with exotics and the D3FNC set had the ability to have all of the shield mods active changed to having no shield mods available. They obviously didn't want to go through that again (and let alone the potential wonkiness that comes along with it in PvP) so they swung the pendulum too far in the other direction.

Edit- Hilarious example of patch changes for D3FNC

-In Update 1.5, the SMG can not land critical hits.
    However, using Precision talent and the Pulse skill can allow SMGs to land critical hits

-In Update 1.5, players cannot use their sidearm with the gear set.
    With Update 1.6, the player will switch to their sidearm when the SMG runs out of ammo.

-In Update 1.6, the D3-FNC 4 piece talent has been changed to disable the buffs from the skill mods, while allowing the SMGs to have the critical hit chance.

-In Update 1.8, the 4 piece talent now has the ability to increase the health of the shield for every 3,000 points of stamina.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
    They are more exotic, but like that doesn't make them better, and there are less of them and the method of getting them is either do a drop quest that isn't really apparent, or just farm specific faction bosses. And its a sequel, so for me I have less patience with like the destiny 1 to destiny 2 type stuff of "Why did you change this system and make it worse". Like Div 1 skills to Div 2 skills, or how exotics in div 1 could drop from any enemy/cache, and this one they narrow it down to specific types and scenarios.

And the three sets they just put out are all kinds of meh, and in one case one is flat out broken (true patriots 2 set bonus doesn't work, TBA when it'll be fixed). It's a sequel and yet they made mistakes they fixed in the first game and then went back and made them again.

Like great they are adding a test server, for pc only and it won't include the raid so who knows how broken that will be when it releases.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    They are more exotic, but like that doesn't make them better, and there are less of them and the method of getting them is either do a drop quest that isn't really apparent, or just farm specific faction bosses. And its a sequel, so for me I have less patience with like the destiny 1 to destiny 2 type stuff of "Why did you change this system and make it worse". Like Div 1 skills to Div 2 skills, or how exotics in div 1 could drop from any enemy/cache, and this one they narrow it down to specific types and scenarios.

And the three sets they just put out are all kinds of meh, and in one case one is flat out broken (true patriots 2 set bonus doesn't work, TBA when it'll be fixed). It's a sequel and yet they made mistakes they fixed in the first game and then went back and made them again.

Like great they are adding a test server, for pc only and it won't include the raid so who knows how broken that will be when it releases.

As I said, in general most everything is undertuned. Probably out of fear of repeating some of those mistakes from the first game. Exotic acquiring methods are a matter of personal taste - but the first game didn't have very many when it launched (back when they were just fancy high end weapons and gear with a name) so I didn't expect them to have a treasure trove of them ready to be acquired. Especially since outside of a few outliers, in the first game they obviously put the emphasis on using high end weapons and exotics were just this funky thing to make a goofy build around. 90% of the time they weren't The House. Hell I think at the end of Div1 there was only like 30 some odd exotics in the game (including the mostly useless armor).

We are a few weeks in and are about to be up 6 (probably more including the raid) and they are actually interesting (albeit underpowered) compared to what they were working with in Div1 with no real exotics at launch and their forerunners that did nothing.

I understand not wanting to get burned and deal with the "fix it as you go" situation that live service type games have suffered from - but I feel they have been decently expedient (not as instant as we would all like) but I think that the speed you want them to move at in regards to adding things and getting things patched up is probably just going to leave you upset.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

Yeah I really find it hard as fuck to hit enemies with any aoe ability. Like the best time to throw a grenade is before enemies are aware of you, or if you suppressed them. And its super annoying like on air and space museum when you are in the planetarium and there are like the snipers up top? Sometimes you'll be down to just one guy who won't put his head up because everyone is aiming at them and you can't get them to fucking pop up!

State of the game was kind of lame today. Plenty of "yes this is a bug, yes this shouldn't be happening, yes we're looking into this" but not a lot of "and its being fixed tomorrow". I swear massive seems to have like five people doing bug fixes/balancing.

I find the artillery turret is most useful for shooting behind cover to kill turtling enemies. If you can get the slightly wonky aiming to work. It's range is generally much farther than the aiming bubble will go, and the aim thing has trouble dropping onto the surface of things significantly above your elevation. But if you reposition yourself you can get it to shoot pretty much anywhere.

I found it necessary on invaded Roosevelt when the named sniper just hid on elevated cover, with no accessible path, nor even a way to flank due to the arena border. So i just dropped a couple mortars into the wall behind her.

steam_sig.png
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I play with captions on and have a habit of reading them out loud when they pop up at odd times.
    My wife has a tendency to not realize I'm doing this and instead react as if I'm talking to her.
    So long story short, for lunch all this week I'm having yogurt with granola and honey.

• RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Okay, so for Pax Arcadia (Xbox) it's Obi and Siri.

For Pax Arcadia (PS4) it's rndm and squall...

and Pax Arcadia (PC) just has "Beret Color Coordinators?" Got it. :P Is there still a PAX 2 or were you (PC) guys still using the other clan whose name I forgot.

Anyone with Agent rank can also invite people, Lieutenants can edit clan banner and kick people though.

I think I'm still a trainee or recruit ;)

Madpoet wrote: »
    I play with captions on and have a habit of reading them out loud when they pop up at odd times.
    My wife has a tendency to not realize I'm doing this and instead react as if I'm talking to her.
    So long story short, for lunch all this week I'm having yogurt with granola and honey.

At least she isn't giving you a bunch of meds for your back. :P

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Added my name to the signup sheet. thegreatcow99 is my playername so whenever a spot opens up I'd love to hop on.

• Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I kind of like that the exotics in div2 have little puzzles around them. There are a bunch of things like that that make it interesting. Now people have figured out the masks and the keys, and it's just a waiting game for the exotic sniper rifle, hopefully they move on to figuring out the old war bunker and any possible connection it has to the Underground faction. The devs haven't said anything, so I assume the quest does go somewhere and isn't bugged out.

What does annoy me is the way they made certain blueprints gated to weeklies but also randomized them. There's a mod for shotguns thats+20% reload speed, the exact one I need, and I have zero ways of getting it other than hoping that it drops next week. And if it doesn't, I have to keep waiting because once you do all the control point blueprints they stop dropping because that's a separate pool for some reason. Some poor sap out there got the shotgun mod and is cursing the devs because all he wants is that +20 rounds mod and I'll get that but we've no way to trade. It's dumb.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So far I have very few complaints about Division 2, yea we could use more exotics but I like how they are being handled. If exotics were just straight up the best then there would be no need to use anything else. They are nice to have (like chatterbox being a lynchpin for many current meta builds) they aren't the end all be all. I do think none of the exotics should be gated inside the darkzone but that is just me. I like the assembly process for the few we have seen so far, drop rate for the shotgun and rifle could be much higher of course but the game hasn't even been out a month yet.

While I am at 500 and have all the gear sets and pretty much have done all the collecting you can do atm (still need to run the hunters) I am not going to cry foul that there isn't enough content. I've just had an excess of free time and if I wasn't laid out and was doing my normal 9-5 plus sport stuff in the evening i'd likely still be back in WT1 or lower. I would say the time I have to play the game is completely unreasonable metric to judge a game on, for content.

Likely going to try out a pistol build and keep working on maxing out the current specializations. Maybe try to get some better rolls on some of the set pieces I have (made the Hard Wired set and some of those I crafted were just a smidge over 455. That was a pain, but I have been having better luck getting the letter components dropping.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    While I am at 500 and have all the gear sets and pretty much have done all the collecting you can do atm (still need to run the hunters) I am not going to cry foul that there isn't enough content. I've just had an excess of free time and if I wasn't laid out and was doing my normal 9-5 plus sport stuff in the evening i'd likely still be back in WT1 or lower. I would say the time I have to play the game is completely unreasonable metric to judge a game on, for content.
    Yeah, that's me. I've been super busy this week with work and haven't had time to even try to log in for my one hour a day. I'm sitting at level 30 with 2/3 of the strongholds done and I'm -hoping- to have time this weekend to hit the third one to unlock WT1. (We have an all-day gaming party on Saturday and I'd really like to get back on my racing bike at least a a little this weekend before the weather gets too cold and rainy.)

26904.png
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Does the tactician drones spotting count as a pulse spot?

I have a very important talent if so.....

I'm also loot capped ala @darkmayo due to life giving me giant playtime window that is closing. I agree tons of content here...... no regrets. Im down to trying to find the odd talent or 2 I need..... Boomerang you will be mine one day.....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Community Update was posted. Spoiler'd for people who can't get to it.
    We will have an additional patch next week, Patch 2.1 which will include the following changes:

Crafting Bench
    • We have a fix for the bench not upgrading to World Tier 5 in the works.

Characters getting stuck
    • We are trying to reproduce this internally. If you have more information on the topic, please share it with us (e.g. if you’re experiencing high latency).
    • We have one fix for players getting stuck in the revive animation.

Revive Hive
    • Made first improvements with TU2.
    • Another fix incoming to reduce more occurrences in 2.1.
    • We'll apply more fixes in the future as needed.

True Patriot
    • Fix coming to address the two piece gear set bonus of True Patriot not working.

Scarce Specialization ammo:
    • We have deployed a fix for this issue during today's maintenance.

T-Poses
    • We’re working on a fix for this, both for the bounty screen as well as the NPC's remaining in this position when you kill them, occurring more often since TU2.

Gear dropping below 500 gear score:
    • This was intentional but after hearing player feedback, we will look into potential changes in the future.
    • We understand that this concept is not working for everyone, and that the expectation is to always get max level gear score.
    • We know there are some things that are especially disappointing (e.g. crafted exotics or brand items).

Underperforming Gear Sets:
    • We appreciate the feedback on the green gear sets, but we want to give everyone more time to play with their rolls and discuss build opportunities.
    • If the trend towards not using them continues, we can make changes to them.
    • We do like the idea of gear-set-less builds to allow more build variety.

Underperforming Exotic Weapons:
    • We want exotic weapons to feel strong and powerful, and we feel that some non-exotic weapons overshadow them. That being said, we would also like to hear more feedback about the exotic weapons:
    • Which exotics feel weak / not as powerful?
    • Why do they feel weak? (shooting, damage, etc)
    • Are there specific activities they feel weak in? (co-op, open world, pvp, missions)

Talents:
    • We want to give you a heads up that we're looking at the performance of talents and have identified some that are too strong and some that are not popular because they are too weak. We will provide nerfs and buffs to talents in an upcoming patch. The goal here is also to allow you to choose the talents you want to play, without heavily increasing your time to kill. The changes to NPCs we're talking about below will help with this, too.

Game difficulty:
    • There’s currently a bug with enemy AI being too aggressive, due to them not acknowledging player hit points correctly. We are currently investigating this as a top priority issue.
    • We’re looking into balancing armor and survivability a bit. Expect these tweaks to be included in the PTS testing, starting next week.
    • We want to increase protection for players sprinting and going cover to cover so they take less damage in a future patch. Here, the goal is to make re-positioning a viable tactical option.
    • We agree that hard, challenging and heroic mission NPCs can feel too spongy. We want to improve this and decrease the time to kill. We want to test this on the PTS next week, but are still talking about the exact changes.
    • We agree that Control Points on higher levels can feel too hard and that the NPCs can also feel too spongy. We're talking about possible changes right now and will have more news on that soon.

PvP Balance:
    • We’ll have Red Storm on State of the Game next week to discuss PvP balance and upcoming changes.
    • Some of these changes can be tested on the PTS next week.

Inventory management:
    • We know it’s currently very difficult to keep track of all your items and want to add more filtering options in the future.
    • We want to allow you to recalibrate items from your stash.
    • We don’t think that salvaging talents will actually improve the situation, but rather move some of the pain points to other parts of the UI.

Blueprints:
    • We want to make them account-wide in the future.

Reset Timers:
    • We plan to consolidate everything to one timer, unless there are specific reasons otherwise.

Projects that require high-end items and not providing high-end rewards:
    • We’re looking into this and agree that it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Character appearance:
    • We will be working on an improvement for the barber (perhaps a different NPC) that will allow you to customize your character further. While we do want to talk about this we also want to let you know that this is further out and is not something coming to the game anytime soon!
    • Will allow you to change your Agent’s sex.
    • Bald hairstyle is planned.
    • Red hair color is planned.

Unable to leave Dark Zone:
    • This seems to be happening if you join a DZ session of a player that has not finished the DZ intro mission.
    • We had a fix for this go live with Invasion: Battle for D.C., which helped in some occurrences.
    • We’re working on another fix that should resolve this problem.

PC Performance:
    • We’re having difficulties reproducing some of the issues players are reporting so please send us more information:
    • Always send us DXdiag of your system.
    • Be precise with details when the performance issue is appearing.
    • NVIDIA will be providing new drivers that should help with the DX12 crashes.

Lastly, we want to address some balancing concerns from the community with insight from the development team:

Skill builds are underwhelming and require too much of an investment into Skill Power:
    A: Skills innately scale with level and world tier to always be relevant. Boosts to skills from skill power come in the form of mods, where the player can pick their own improvements to the skills. We recently revamped the skill mods so that high end and purple mods have reasonable requirements for mid-level to all-in skill power builds.

What we will provide in the next patch is ways to craft blue skill mods to provide options for low Skill Power level builds. Further, the recent re-balance was somewhat conservative in terms of power level of the mods, and we recognize that currently, they don’t represent enough impact for the sacrifice made in other stats. We will be enhancing the effects of mods across the board in this next update. Our hope is that these further adjustments will make both full on and hybrid skill power builds more viable.

Tank builds do not feel viable as armor and health don't seem to provide enough benefit and sustain:
    A: We agree. It’s a complex issue to solve, but in the interest of transparency, here’s our thought process. The way to take the least damage in the game is to kill everything that could do damage to you. So the players damage output ends up also mitigating a lot of incoming damage in that indirect way. Further, the faster you burst an enemy down, the less time you have to spend popped up from cover. Added to that, we didn’t want to scale enemy health as much as their damage in harder content always to avoid as much of the “bullet sponge” syndrome as we could, and so damage output again gets another advantage over defensive stats when moving up in difficulty.

In the upcoming patch we will overhaul a large amount of talents. Further, we plan to increase the scale of defensive stats when they roll on gear, making each picked defensive roll much more impactful. Finally, we are looking at balancing, especially in higher difficulties across the board to adjust both lethality and TTK on the enemies for a better experience with more viable build options. The changes to defensive stats and the further adjustment to skill mods, we hope, will also contribute to healing being a more valuable and efficient thing to do for your team.

Thank you,
    /The Division Team

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Signature ammo appears to be fixed, at least for Sharpshooter, woo

Patience is definitely getting a nerf from the sounds of it, I can see why, but forcing you to use a skill slot for a heal doesn't sound much better in terms of build flexibility than one gear talent being excellent.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Holy crap...so I think I just got introduced to the Hunters last night?
    I got some suspicious "side mission" pop up on my map near a control point, and they said they were a division agent in need of assistance retaking a lost control point? I then enter a building getting closer to their distress pack only for a cutscene to kick in and suddenly my screen starts tearing and aliasing all over the place. Then the whole place explodes with fire everywhere and this tankiest of motherfuckers just hops in and starts emp'ing the crap out of me as we're fighting around this small office. I managed to do a decent amount of damage to him before he shot and stunned me with electro-rounds and sort of stood there gesturing at me? (I couldn't really tell with the screen garbling and electric effects) and then just leaves the building leaving me with the corpse of that division agent. Holy crap, are all hunter fights like that? Was I even supposed to be able to kill him? I'm level 14 by the way.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Decoy wrote: »
    Community Update was posted. Spoiler'd for people who can't get to it.
    We will have an additional patch next week, Patch 2.1 which will include the following changes:

Crafting Bench
    • We have a fix for the bench not upgrading to World Tier 5 in the works.

Characters getting stuck
    • We are trying to reproduce this internally. If you have more information on the topic, please share it with us (e.g. if you’re experiencing high latency).
    • We have one fix for players getting stuck in the revive animation.

Revive Hive
    • Made first improvements with TU2.
    • Another fix incoming to reduce more occurrences in 2.1.
    • We'll apply more fixes in the future as needed.

True Patriot
    • Fix coming to address the two piece gear set bonus of True Patriot not working.

Scarce Specialization ammo:
    • We have deployed a fix for this issue during today's maintenance.

T-Poses
    • We’re working on a fix for this, both for the bounty screen as well as the NPC's remaining in this position when you kill them, occurring more often since TU2.

Gear dropping below 500 gear score:
    • This was intentional but after hearing player feedback, we will look into potential changes in the future.
    • We understand that this concept is not working for everyone, and that the expectation is to always get max level gear score.
    • We know there are some things that are especially disappointing (e.g. crafted exotics or brand items).

Underperforming Gear Sets:
    • We appreciate the feedback on the green gear sets, but we want to give everyone more time to play with their rolls and discuss build opportunities.
    • If the trend towards not using them continues, we can make changes to them.
    • We do like the idea of gear-set-less builds to allow more build variety.

Underperforming Exotic Weapons:
    • We want exotic weapons to feel strong and powerful, and we feel that some non-exotic weapons overshadow them. That being said, we would also like to hear more feedback about the exotic weapons:
    • Which exotics feel weak / not as powerful?
    • Why do they feel weak? (shooting, damage, etc)
    • Are there specific activities they feel weak in? (co-op, open world, pvp, missions)

Talents:
    • We want to give you a heads up that we're looking at the performance of talents and have identified some that are too strong and some that are not popular because they are too weak. We will provide nerfs and buffs to talents in an upcoming patch. The goal here is also to allow you to choose the talents you want to play, without heavily increasing your time to kill. The changes to NPCs we're talking about below will help with this, too.

Game difficulty:
    • There’s currently a bug with enemy AI being too aggressive, due to them not acknowledging player hit points correctly. We are currently investigating this as a top priority issue.
    • We’re looking into balancing armor and survivability a bit. Expect these tweaks to be included in the PTS testing, starting next week.
    • We want to increase protection for players sprinting and going cover to cover so they take less damage in a future patch. Here, the goal is to make re-positioning a viable tactical option.
    • We agree that hard, challenging and heroic mission NPCs can feel too spongy. We want to improve this and decrease the time to kill. We want to test this on the PTS next week, but are still talking about the exact changes.
    • We agree that Control Points on higher levels can feel too hard and that the NPCs can also feel too spongy. We're talking about possible changes right now and will have more news on that soon.

PvP Balance:
    • We’ll have Red Storm on State of the Game next week to discuss PvP balance and upcoming changes.
    • Some of these changes can be tested on the PTS next week.

Inventory management:
    • We know it’s currently very difficult to keep track of all your items and want to add more filtering options in the future.
    • We want to allow you to recalibrate items from your stash.
    • We don’t think that salvaging talents will actually improve the situation, but rather move some of the pain points to other parts of the UI.

Blueprints:
    • We want to make them account-wide in the future.

Reset Timers:
    • We plan to consolidate everything to one timer, unless there are specific reasons otherwise.

Projects that require high-end items and not providing high-end rewards:
    • We’re looking into this and agree that it doesn't seem to be working correctly.

Character appearance:
    • We will be working on an improvement for the barber (perhaps a different NPC) that will allow you to customize your character further. While we do want to talk about this we also want to let you know that this is further out and is not something coming to the game anytime soon!
    • Will allow you to change your Agent’s sex.
    • Bald hairstyle is planned.
    • Red hair color is planned.

Unable to leave Dark Zone:
    • This seems to be happening if you join a DZ session of a player that has not finished the DZ intro mission.
    • We had a fix for this go live with Invasion: Battle for D.C., which helped in some occurrences.
    • We’re working on another fix that should resolve this problem.

PC Performance:
    • We’re having difficulties reproducing some of the issues players are reporting so please send us more information:
    • Always send us DXdiag of your system.
    • Be precise with details when the performance issue is appearing.
    • NVIDIA will be providing new drivers that should help with the DX12 crashes.

Lastly, we want to address some balancing concerns from the community with insight from the development team:

Skill builds are underwhelming and require too much of an investment into Skill Power:
    A: Skills innately scale with level and world tier to always be relevant. Boosts to skills from skill power come in the form of mods, where the player can pick their own improvements to the skills. We recently revamped the skill mods so that high end and purple mods have reasonable requirements for mid-level to all-in skill power builds.

What we will provide in the next patch is ways to craft blue skill mods to provide options for low Skill Power level builds. Further, the recent re-balance was somewhat conservative in terms of power level of the mods, and we recognize that currently, they don’t represent enough impact for the sacrifice made in other stats. We will be enhancing the effects of mods across the board in this next update. Our hope is that these further adjustments will make both full on and hybrid skill power builds more viable.

Tank builds do not feel viable as armor and health don't seem to provide enough benefit and sustain:
    A: We agree. It’s a complex issue to solve, but in the interest of transparency, here’s our thought process. The way to take the least damage in the game is to kill everything that could do damage to you. So the players damage output ends up also mitigating a lot of incoming damage in that indirect way. Further, the faster you burst an enemy down, the less time you have to spend popped up from cover. Added to that, we didn’t want to scale enemy health as much as their damage in harder content always to avoid as much of the “bullet sponge” syndrome as we could, and so damage output again gets another advantage over defensive stats when moving up in difficulty.

In the upcoming patch we will overhaul a large amount of talents. Further, we plan to increase the scale of defensive stats when they roll on gear, making each picked defensive roll much more impactful. Finally, we are looking at balancing, especially in higher difficulties across the board to adjust both lethality and TTK on the enemies for a better experience with more viable build options. The changes to defensive stats and the further adjustment to skill mods, we hope, will also contribute to healing being a more valuable and efficient thing to do for your team.

Thank you,
    /The Division Team

If they nerf Patience after i finally got a 480 piece I could move it to last night after like 10 days....

Also, signature ammo is not fixed for demo. I saw literally 1 drop last night, across 1 bounty, about 5 activities, 1 L3 control point, 2 missions (1 hard, 1 normal).

Edit, wait was that maintenance today? Maybe it'll be fixed when i get home.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Holy crap...so I think I just got introduced to the Hunters last night?
    I got some suspicious "side mission" pop up on my map near a control point, and they said they were a division agent in need of assistance retaking a lost control point? I then enter a building getting closer to their distress pack only for a cutscene to kick in and suddenly my screen starts tearing and aliasing all over the place. Then the whole place explodes with fire everywhere and this tankiest of motherfuckers just hops in and starts emp'ing the crap out of me as we're fighting around this small office. I managed to do a decent amount of damage to him before he shot and stunned me with electro-rounds and sort of stood there gesturing at me? (I couldn't really tell with the screen garbling and electric effects) and then just leaves the building leaving me with the corpse of that division agent. Holy crap, are all hunter fights like that? Was I even supposed to be able to kill him? I'm level 14 by the way.
    yep -- that's a hunter. In this fight, it's scripted to end with him stunning you and leaving. It's possible to kill him there but only if the mission bugs out

Dehumanized on
    edited April 2019
    Did you play after the maintenance (0330 EST irc), Tofy?

On the one hand, the special ammo drop rates being low was kinda meh. On the other, a single grenade or sniper shot pulps just about everything if you're not playing on Challenging difficulty? So... IDK.

I don't agree with "I am at max so all my drops should be at max," though. Crafted exotic items should be at max (or your current gearscore) because you're spending resources to get them. Items rewarded via harder activities (weeklies, etc) sure. But all the things? Nah.

edit: crafted items should be at your gearscore, not just exotics.

tastydonuts on
    Demo signature ammo was fixed this morning. And it should drop reasonably, especially since there's no way to "bank" it. So if I run a whole mission and never get a drop of signature ammo what's the point of a signature weapon? And yeah it does pulp enemies that's the point, to get your sig weapon to max damage you have to spend like 50 points of specialization? It should be a game changer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i got my first piece with patience on it in world tier 3 and it was so nice being able to poke up and shoot without constantly having to worry about armor kits.

maybe nerf patience a little, but i'd like some way to get sustain in combat without using a skill on it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Demo signature ammo was fixed this morning. And it should drop reasonably, especially since there's no way to "bank" it. So if I run a whole mission and never get a drop of signature ammo what's the point of a signature weapon? And yeah it does pulp enemies that's the point, to get your sig weapon to max damage you have to spend like 50 points of specialization? It should be a game changer.

well, yeah it's been feast or famine. hopefully it's at that reasonable midpoint now.

Also think they should bring back optimization over drops going to equal or better now. I prefer more determinacy in getting max score things, I guess.

Yeah I'd prefer to be able to do both optimize and recalibrate. Because as it stand right now you can either boost a gear thing by changing one of its stats, or swap a useful trait on their versus a poorer one.

I am kind of underwhelmed by their response about skill mods and sets. The idea that people just haven't tested the skill mods properly is like "Are you joking?" Spending 2000 skill power to get increased 30% increased radius on a chem launcher round is a hilarious waste of actually good stats.

And their comment on the exotics is similar. I dunno it seems like the devs don't play their game. And I'm kind of hesitant with the PTS being PC only since already one PC specific change has fucked console players (the chem launcher change).

pleasepaypreacher.net