As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I've seen people talk about putting the HQ dreadnought Bjorn into a drop pod but my drop pod rules don't say they can put a dread in them. Is there a rule I'm missing?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Not the happiest thing to bring up in this thread I know, but I am looking to start selling off my 40k collection to free up shelf space and pick up some spare cash. Any recommendations on how and where to best sell them? I was thinking ebay.

Also, any recommendations on how to ship them without them becoming damaged or breaking the bank? I have a lot of assembled large models like Imperial Knights or Tervigons.

The answer depends on where you are from.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I've seen people talk about putting the HQ dreadnought Bjorn into a drop pod but my drop pod rules don't say they can put a dread in them. Is there a rule I'm missing?

You used to be able to put Dreadnoughts in drop pods back in 7th Edition. There is a Dreadnought specific Drop Pod (the Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod) but it is a Forge World model that is no longer available (apparently someone dropped the mold and broke it).

A while back they mentioned that they were working on a new mold for the model, so we'll see if that ever happens. The Lucius Pattern is a bit bigger than a normal drop pod, but if your opponent doesn't balk you could always just proxy it with a standard one. The rules for it are in the Imperial Armor: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes book sold by Forge World.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

You used to be able to put Dreadnoughts in drop pods back in 7th Edition. There is a Dreadnought specific Drop Pod (the Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod) but it is a Forge World model that is no longer available (apparently someone dropped the mold and broke it).

A while back they mentioned that they were working on a new mold for the model, so we'll see if that ever happens. The Lucius Pattern is a bit bigger than a normal drop pod, but if your opponent doesn't balk you could always just proxy it with a standard one. The rules for it are in the Imperial Armor: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes book sold by Forge World.

The new Dreadnought Drop Pod was revealed and was for sale at the recent Forgeworld Weekender, so it did ever happen. It's just not up for sale on the website yet.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Not the happiest thing to bring up in this thread I know, but I am looking to start selling off my 40k collection to free up shelf space and pick up some spare cash. Any recommendations on how and where to best sell them? I was thinking ebay.

Also, any recommendations on how to ship them without them becoming damaged or breaking the bank? I have a lot of assembled large models like Imperial Knights or Tervigons.

Good point, Los Angeles California if getting that specific helps

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »

Good point, Los Angeles California if getting that specific helps

Buyer pays for shipping. If you want nice models to survive shipping, you pay the price for stuff to be wrapped and padded.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Hm, the 40k rulebook FAQ seems to be down. New FAQ incoming?

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    They need to hurry the hell up and finish copy-pasting the vanguard marine rules from 40k to Kill Team so I can care about painting mine.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I want to see:

1. Castellan nerfs
    2. Deathwatch getting the vanguard marines so I can care about them
    3. Obliterators having proper points
    4. Guard nerfs (but are actually buffs because GW doesn't really get guard)

u7stthr17eud.png
    They need to hurry the hell up and finish copy-pasting the vanguard marine rules from 40k to Kill Team so I can care about painting mine.

I thought they were adding the vanguard marine rules to the new elite expansion for KT.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

Mazzyx wrote: »
    I want to see:

1. Castellan nerfs

I'm not even expecting most of these. I'm guessing the big highlights will be the beta bolter rule being made official, and maybe some kind of tweak to command points.

Burnage wrote: »
    I want to see:

1. Castellan nerfs

I'm not even expecting most of these. I'm guessing the big highlights will be the beta bolter rule being made official, and maybe some kind of tweak to command points.

In Chapter Tactics about two weeks ago Jeff Robinson said they were nerfing the Castellan but said he couldn't say how.

He both does live streams for GW and is one of the major play testers.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    if the castellan gets nerfed but ynnari doesn't I'm gonna be real fucking angry

also GSC infinite wounds and ork loota bomb

PiptheFair wrote: »

Ynnari are getting a brand new mini-dex in white dwarf. Everyone figures they are kaput. The other two well, not sure on either of those.

u7stthr17eud.png

Ynnari are getting a brand new mini-dex in white dwarf. Everyone figures they are kaput. The other two well, not sure on either of those.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the White Dwarf stuff isn't just going to be a reprint of their Index rules now that they're out of print.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Sisters had similar but weaker "act twice" powers and they were nerfed hard in the CA beta codex, it'd definitely be a prime opportunity to do the same.

I'm still not entirely convinced that the White Dwarf stuff isn't just going to be a reprint of their Index rules now that they're out of print.

The understanding is it will be more like Index Assassins/Index Crimson Fist that were published earlier this year.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

The understanding is it will be more like Index Assassins/Index Crimson Fist that were published earlier this year.

So a straight massive improvement.

Ok cool cool cool.

Norgoth wrote: »

Ok cool cool cool.

To be fair, the Ynnari need the buff. There are a couple of factions in the game that they actually lose to.

Norgoth wrote: »

Ok cool cool cool.

To be fair, the Ynnari need the buff. There are a couple of factions in the game that they actually lose to.

Only angery reacts

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So when is the White Dwarf out with their rules?

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I got a message saying my subscription was going to be 2-3 weeks late, and that GW was very sorry about that and promises it won't happen again.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    I got a message saying my subscription was going to be 2-3 weeks late, and that GW was very sorry about that and promises it won't happen again.

So did most of my club members.

White Dwarf takes the slow boat via China to get to the States.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2019
    Working on an cracked ice base for my primaris Ragnar conversion I'm gonna be working on.

The terrain on top still needs to be painted but the base itself is done.
    3folvtk.jpg?1
    pukJhqP.jpg
    met6MYY.jpg

Finished the base.

u4nJ7JC.jpg
    2rgq0x2.jpg

Stragint on

Do regular space marine torso parts fit to intercessors? I don't have any unbuilt intercessors so I can't test it.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I dont think they would. The torso and legs of the Primaris marines basically fit together in one pose. The torso isn't cut in two at the waist like on the old marines.

It basically means even the multi part kits are monopose.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    edited April 2019
    I dont think they would. The torso and legs of the Primaris marines basically fit together in one pose. The torso isn't cut in two at the waist like on the old marines.

It basically means even the multi part kits are monopose.

Oh, I forgot about that.

I want to use the cloak from Krom on this primaris Ragnar I'm working on since I'm already using bits. Feels like a waste to not use it.

Edit: I'm suddenly losing a lot of steam on this project. I want to try and make green stuff bracers that match the ones the original Ragnar has and the diamond pattern with the wolf head on the left shoulder with green stuff. I tried using the wolf head half of a power axe from they grey hunters sprue but it's not big enough or at least doesn't feel big enough. Pretty sure the wolf side of a terminator thunder hammer will work but I only have 1 so I don't want to mess up. I'm also hoping the pose will look good. I'm trading one of my already built intercessors to a friend with unbuilt intercessors.

I'm also trying to use as much of krom as I can because I dropped $30 on that HQ and now I'm using him for parts.

Stragint on

Man. I'm still jiggling around a mono-codex, mono-detachment Harlequin list and all it's doing is reinforcing in my mind that most of the book is drastically overcosted. Like, there's no way that a Shadowseer should be more expensive than a Farseer, and Neuro Disruptors are hilariously weak considering that they cost 10 points each.

You could cut the cost of everything except Skyweavers by 10-20% and they'd begin to look reasonable.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Too bad Skyweavers are one of the stupidest units in the game and completely poison all sympathy for Harlequin faction woes :P

When will it be out? I still would like the Crimson Fist one for various reasons so are they going to reprint that in a chapter approved?

Man. I'm still jiggling around a mono-codex, mono-detachment Harlequin list and all it's doing is reinforcing in my mind that most of the book is drastically overcosted. Like, there's no way that a Shadowseer should be more expensive than a Farseer, and Neuro Disruptors are hilariously weak considering that they cost 10 points each.

You could cut the cost of everything except Skyweavers by 10-20% and they'd begin to look reasonable.

I kind of want to build/paint a harlequin force as the masque of the veiled path but I kind of want them to be a side force for the various flavors of aeldari I have

Brainleech wrote: »

When will it be out? I still would like the Crimson Fist one for various reasons so are they going to reprint that in a chapter approved?

My understanding they will reprint these in Chapter Approved in December. Ynnari are this month or next month's White Dwarf. I can't remember which.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2019
    How do the Space Wolves markings work on the right shoulder?

For grey hunters the right shoulder is red with black markings but how do I determine what marking to put?

I also see in the old codex that some of the grey hunter pack marks are red on blue.

Stragint on

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    You don’t ‘determine’ it, you make up something that looks cool. The whole point is there is no set ‘codex’ pattern - the pack leader determines his own pack’s markings and can/will change them between campaigns or even battles to confuse the enemy (and coincidentally most allies) over who is where.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    You don’t ‘determine’ it, you make up something that looks cool. The whole point is there is no set ‘codex’ pattern - the pack leader determines his own pack’s markings and can/will change them between campaigns or even battles to confuse the enemy (and coincidentally most allies) over who is where.

That makes this a lot easier. I was kind of stressing over all the different options the old and new codex were presenting and trying to figure out if each one meant something or not. I'll just pick one I like and do each grouping of units with that pack marking.

Thank you

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Looks like Sororitas are getting a complete line of new MK1 Deimos Rhino bas vehicles instead of using upgrade prues for the current MK2 plastic kit.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

I like they are going all out for Sisters. Army deserves it even if I have no interest in them.

Now just do the Eldar range with similar upgrades.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I like they are going all out for Sisters. Army deserves it even if I have no interest in them.

An Eldar update honestly can't be that far away, they're the very obvious next candidates after Sisters and Chaos. I'd guess we'll see stuff for them in either 2020 or 2021, maybe earlier depending on what happens with the Ynnari.

Just... do something with Howling Banshees, for the love of God. They used to be one of the iconic Eldar units and I haven't seen them on the tabletop for years.

An Eldar update honestly can't be that far away, they're the very obvious next candidates after Sisters and Chaos. I'd guess we'll see stuff for them in either 2020 or 2021, maybe earlier depending on what happens with the Ynnari.

Just... do something with Howling Banshees, for the love of God. They used to be one of the iconic Eldar units and I haven't seen them on the tabletop for years.

Striking Scorpions still look like they are out of the Rogue Trader era.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.