As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What cards does PAX take?

midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I (for obvious reasons) want to make sure my card will be taken when purchasing my tickets and hotel. Currently, my plan is to use my Discover card (points!) for the entire shabang - hotel and tickets. I tried to see if PAX takes Discover (as it's not a usual credit card), but I'm not getting any hard answers. Does anyone know if PAX takes Discover for both the tickets and the hotel booking?

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

• ArtDragonArtDragon Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    For the last many years, PAX has sold their tickets through Showclix. I just went to their website and it looks like they do take Discover Card as a form of payment. If PAX does use Showclix again this year, I would say that answer is most likely.

I do not know the details about booking a hotel. Onpeak, which PAX West traditionally uses has a phone number: (866) 220-9473. You can call and ask to see if they do take Discover Cards through their system and will most likely get a solid answer.

Hope this helps.

ArtDragon on
  • midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    ArtDragon wrote: »
    For the last many years, PAX has sold their tickets through Showclix. I just went to their website and it looks like they do take Discover Card as a form of payment. If PAX does use Showclix again this year, I would say that answer is most likely.

I do not know the details about booking a hotel. Onpeak, which PAX West traditionally uses has a phone number: (866) 220-9473. You can call and ask to see if they do take Discover Cards through their system and will most likely get a solid answer.

Hope this helps.

Good ideas! I'll give OnPeak a call. Thank you!

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2019
    PAX stopped using OnPeak as of 2019. The new company is passkey/ConnectionsHousing. While things could always change again, I would expect they are using ConnectionsHousing for West as well.

zerzhul on
  • midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    PAX stopped using OnPeak as of 2019. The new company is passkey/ConnectionsHousing. While things could always change again, I would expect they are using ConnectionsHousing for West as well.

Thank you! I'll see if I can get in touch with them.

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png