As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread: Dame Ascending to Final Form

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Why did we think Magic would be better than any other gm/president anyway?

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

It was probably Dirk's last home game tonight, so of course he drops 30 and does this.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Why did we think Magic would be better than any other gm/president anyway?

We didn't.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

Kyle Korver did a very good piece for the Players' Tribune that everyone needs to read

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    ph blake wrote: »

It was probably Dirk's last home game tonight, so of course he drops 30 and does this.

Here is the complete retirement ceremony. Man, that was intense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4-oqJc_Q_A

Dirk really is one of the all-time greats, not just the best German player ever. He is the same age as me - shows me what I could have done if I'd grown 7 feet :).

EDIT: Just read that Korver article - great piece.

TheBigEasy on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yup... Dirk made me cry.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    He also pulled my favorite and third favorite players of all time on the court.

Kemp and Schrempf

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Yeah, he had an absolutely incredible career. 21 years, up their among all the greats in terms of numbers and I think he was a totally unique forward. I am really, really happy he was able to win that title back in '11 so that he doesn't have to go ring chasing now. And it says something that he stuck with Dallas through everything over 21 years. Doesn't that make him the player who played the longest for one team?

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Looks like that.
    What is interesting is that the top 5 on that list are all all-time greats:
    Nowitski, Bryant, Stockton, Miller, Duncan

I guess only that category of player goes untraded and are still on the court at 35+

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    Not only did he stick with Dallas, he continually took less money so the team could be in a better position to compete every year.

I need a video of all-time Cavs great Dwyane Wade doing cool Cleveland Cavs things

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The Pistons have made the playoffs. Time for an improbable run from the eighth seed.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Magic coach eliminates his old team

must have been nice

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    That was some crazy movement in standings all the way up until the final day.

Final brackets.

iyfyauhv3ihb.png

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Damn, I really wanted the HOU/OKC first round matchup.

Oh well, all of those look like fun matchups at least. At least in the west, I don't know shit about the East so, uh, no comment.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    With the exception of GSW, I honestly have no idea who is going to win any of the first round series in the Western Conference...

Warriors/Thunder

Bucks/Magic

because chaos

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Damn, I really wanted the HOU/OKC first round matchup.

Oh well, all of those look like fun matchups at least. At least in the west, I don't know shit about the East so, uh, no comment.

The only ones in the East that might be good is Celtics/Pacers. and possibly Sixers/Nets. I feel like Bucks and Raptors are going to mow through the opposing teams. The Magic have had some big upsets this season but I don't see it over a seven game series.

Houston/Utah might be good depending on how healed up Utah are by the time it starts.

The media has been salivating over a potential Warriors/OKC for weeks now so they got what they wanted. I'm not sure where Curry's ankle is at and if he'll play. Paul George was still having nagging shoulder issues but I assume will be in.

You know it’s been happening basically all year but

The Pacers man

I can barely name one healthy dude on that team off the top of my head

so Jeanie Buss and LeBron are beefing apparently

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular

The Pacers man

Bogdanovic has been a beast since the day they got him, and Myles Turner and Sabonis should be finalists for DPY and six man of the year respectively. No doubt they lack star power without Oladipo but they are a talented group of stout defenders that mesh well.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited April 2019
    Xehalus wrote: »
    so Jeanie Buss and LeBron are beefing apparently

Trade Love and Sexton for Lebron and Ball

I know it’s a bad trade but these guys all deserve this
    Butters wrote: »

The Pacers man

Bogdanovic has been a beast since the day they got him, and Myles Turner and Sabonis should be finalists for DPY and six man of the year respectively. No doubt they lack star power without Oladipo but they are a talented group of stout defenders that mesh well.

Oh yeah I know these guys and what they can do after I take a moment to look at the roster, but other than when Oladipo went down and that deadspin article on Bogdanovich’s low key awesomeness, I haven’t heard a single thing about them this season.

Also the Lou Williams and a bunch of “who?”s Clippers are about to have the average amount of playoff success as the Paul/Griffin/Jordan version.

Captain Inertia on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i'm gsw, houston, portland, san antonio, and bucks, pacers, nets, raptors.

i have no faith in the sixers to beat the nets in a seven game series. the wheels came off this team in the last 2 weeks of the season and the nets are basically how i would construct an ok team to beat them.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    The Nets should make it tough but it would take a pretty big meltdown for them to actually beat Philly.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    It would be pretty amazing for both Boston and Philly to get dumped in Rd 1

Boston is going to have to dig deep and get production from sources they haven't been getting it the latter half of this season. I don't see Kyrie beating this Pacers team single handed. They're too good of defenders to get beat by one guy.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    The Nets should make it tough but it would take a pretty big meltdown for them to actually beat Philly.

pretty big meltdown has been the 2019 sixers story.

embiid is still suffering from tendinitis, and they still haven't figured out how to defense without covington. guards slice them to pieces every night.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Who the fuck would even want to coach for this organization?

Wait

The team that massively outperformed expectations and the coach who appears to be rapidly and successfully developing all their young players?

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was scratching my head there, too. Divac also got a 4-year extension.

Just when the Kings were turning the corner

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Wait

The team that massively outperformed expectations and the coach who appears to be rapidly and successfully developing all their young players?

The beatingsfirings will continue until morale improves

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    The Kings, in announcing Divac's new four-year deal, praised the GM for helping in the team's rebuild.

"Vlade has been vital to what we are building here," owner Vivek Ranadive said in a statement. "Throughout his entire career, Vlade is someone who has always made those around him better, both on and off the court

He was so good at rebuilding we've decided to re-re-build!

Brilliant!

God dammit. The Kings have too many Kentucky alum to keep fucking shit up.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, people around here basically did a complete 180 from being happy about the GM's extension to being livid at the coach decision.

Ugh. Such a train wreck.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Apparently the players really dislike Joerger, though? If you don't have the locker room and you conflict with the front office then your time is probably up...

I don't follow the Kings, though, so this is all based on random internet commentary.

Apparently the players really dislike Joerger, though? If you don't have the locker room and you conflict with the front office then your time is probably up...

I don't follow the Kings, though, so this is all based on random internet commentary.

They didn't play like a team that gave up on their coach and the front office is Vlade Divac so...

Grizzlies fired Bickerstaff

because GMs need scapegoats

Luke Walton out in LA

Ty Lue the current favorite to replace him.

This discussion has been closed.