As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Will You choose hellgate mirror number 3 or the surprise!?

The paintjob on the Masque seems very inconsistent. The straps on her body , her face and the mask seem pretty rough.

honovere on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    fyreslayers is the next updated army for some reason

they're fine right now honestly, unless they plan to introduce new units

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    No new units (unfortunately) just 'endless spells' (or prayers, whatever) and the obligatory terrain piece in the form of a big forge thing.
    I suspect we'll see updates of all those early AoS 1.0 tomes rolling down the pipe with updates for 2.0. (The little video for Gloomspite vs Sylvaneth suggests that the Sylvaneth might be next, like Carrion Court, perhaps.) I'm not opposed to this, Fyreslayers could do with some slightly more exciting rules imo, though ideally what they really need is another core kit or two.

But yooo, that KoS is incredible, I was dreading that they'd just go the Forge World route and make a big sexy lady, but this thing really threads the needle.

• Options
    so I'm reading the fec army book finally

and what the fuck are these summoning rules

this book is outrageous!

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    You should read the Skaven one next, it's bonkers, I've still yet to beat a decent Skaven list with the new tome, and that's using DoK, who are notoriously busted!

• Options
    You should read the Skaven one next, it's bonkers, I've still yet to beat a decent Skaven list with the new tome, and that's using DoK, who are notoriously busted!

https://aosshorts.com/useful-resources/age-of-sigmar-tournament-list-archive/

fec and the rattos have both had good showings so far

it's not clear if it's that they're as busted as nagash and dok, or it's new codex syndrome

but having read both, they're real goddamn strong

• Options
    For my money FEC seem pretty similar to DoK in terms of being pretty much solely combat-based glass-cannons, but FEC are a little less flexible in terms of moving their buffs around but compensate with their very good summoning, they have similar weaknesses and strengths to DoK I think.

Skaven, I dunno, that book can do basically everything and do it well, against a decent player/list I'm having trouble thinking up how to counter the rats with DoK, which perhaps doesn't bode well for the books that tend to perform worse than DoK, or more likely I'm just not very good at tactical thinking... I feel there could probably be a few point bump ups on some of the Skaven stuff and no one would get too mad about it.

• Options
    For my money FEC seem pretty similar to DoK in terms of being pretty much solely combat-based glass-cannons, but FEC are a little less flexible in terms of moving their buffs around but compensate with their very good summoning, they have similar weaknesses and strengths to DoK I think.

Skaven, I dunno, that book can do basically everything and do it well, against a decent player/list I'm having trouble thinking up how to counter the rats with DoK, which perhaps doesn't bode well for the books that tend to perform worse than DoK, or more likely I'm just not very good at tactical thinking... I feel there could probably be a few point bump ups on some of the Skaven stuff and no one would get too mad about it.

you got witch aelves don't @ me

• Options
    Plague Monks get, like, twice as many attacks as Witch Aelves! (Sometimes...)

• Options
    Plague Monks get, like, twice as many attacks as Witch Aelves! (Sometimes...)

skaven's big drawback is that sometimes they just fucking blow themselves up

which is as it should be

• Options
    also looking at the tournie results is wild because theres stuff like order mixed and stormcast and slayers all placing

as busted as dok, nagash and eels are: sigmar is still in a pretty good place

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Because Sigmar has an answer for everything. And that answer is T H E B U T T O N.
    PUSH IT:

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Works every time.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Did they fold in the plague monks into the skaven book?

My brother doesnt feel they are busted but lament of the lack of a real army book for what was the high elves and wood elves

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Did they fold in the plague monks into the skaven book?

My brother doesnt feel they are busted but lament of the lack of a real army book for what was the high elves and wood elves

Skaven stuff is all back together in the one book, yes. You can run each of the clans separately if you want (Though to my eye Pestilens is the only one where that's really going to be an all-comers pick) or you can mix the various clan units together, it's very flexible.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Hmm, was the Disciples of Tzeentch armybook ever released in hardcover?

• Options
    If I remember correctly, and it was a few years back so I very well may not be, the original printing was hardcover, but now it's only available in softback I think?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    If I remember correctly, and it was a few years back so I very well may not be, the original printing was hardcover, but now it's only available in softback I think?

This is correct. I have the hardcover and the dice. They're both collecting dust in my garage.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Hmm, was the Disciples of Tzeentch armybook ever released in hardcover?

Hardcover? I own it, they had a specific book similar to blades of khorne and maggotkin of nurgle. The army's gimmick is you roll 9 dice before the game starts and you can substitute those dice in for your rolls.

• Options
    Tzeentch used to be busted as shit, then got a points nerd. They are now a decent list like most sigmar armies

• Options
    I have the softcover, got it close to release. Never even saw a hardcover available.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    If I am reading this correctly, with the new Khorne battletome, if you take your dudes as the Goretide, you can use your general's command ability to give a unit an automatic 6 for its run roll, and that unit can also charge after running. If you have a unit of Bloodreavers with a banner, they will get +1 to both their run and their charge rolls. If that unit is whipped by a Bloodstoker, they will also get +3 to their run and charge rolls.

So a unit of Bloodreavers with a banner that is chosen by your general's command ability and whipped by a Bloodstoker can have a 20+2D6" charge on turn 1 (6+6+1+1+3+3+the charge roll). They will be rerolling wounds when they get there as well.

If you run them as Gore Pilgrims than you could also run your Bloodsecrator and one of your Slaughterpriests behind them and the Bloodsecrator should be wholly within 24" of the Bloodreavers, putting them at 2 attacks each, and you might be able to get them wholly within 16" with solid rolls I think (depending on how spread out the Bloodreavers are), putting them at 3 attacks each.

So basically, if you and your opponent both deploy right at your deployment lines, you are almost guaranteed a turn 1 charge with a dirt cheap unit that can lock your opponent's front line up in close combat, and by the time the Bloodreavers are all dead your second wave of Blood Warriors and various Bloodbound heroes will be arriving, ready to charge into whatever is left. My plan is to try this tomorrow, with some cavalry to run up and attack from the side and see how it goes.

• Options
    Ok going back to Dec when the Xmas deals came out. I was talking with my brother how he is not fond of the what was the high elves and wood elves how generic the lists are as he had a Wardancer glade guard army {his words for it} and was going for a Dragon house style of force with his high elves I forgot what that land was called it began with C
    He is not fond of the Sylvaneth as in his words it's not worth getting the army book to see if it's worth picking up.
    The local GW store has a Raiding Party sea elf force for sale The esthetic he likes but how it plays is a different story since he feels it's better to wait and see if the other flavors of elves appear before he cosigns his armies of old to just paint displays

• Options
    If I am reading this correctly, with the new Khorne battletome, if you take your dudes as the Goretide, you can use your general's command ability to give a unit an automatic 6 for its run roll, and that unit can also charge after running. If you have a unit of Bloodreavers with a banner, they will get +1 to both their run and their charge rolls. If that unit is whipped by a Bloodstoker, they will also get +3 to their run and charge rolls.

So a unit of Bloodreavers with a banner that is chosen by your general's command ability and whipped by a Bloodstoker can have a 20+2D6" charge on turn 1 (6+6+1+1+3+3+the charge roll). They will be rerolling wounds when they get there as well.

If you run them as Gore Pilgrims than you could also run your Bloodsecrator and one of your Slaughterpriests behind them and the Bloodsecrator should be wholly within 24" of the Bloodreavers, putting them at 2 attacks each, and you might be able to get them wholly within 16" with solid rolls I think (depending on how spread out the Bloodreavers are), putting them at 3 attacks each.

So basically, if you and your opponent both deploy right at your deployment lines, you are almost guaranteed a turn 1 charge with a dirt cheap unit that can lock your opponent's front line up in close combat, and by the time the Bloodreavers are all dead your second wave of Blood Warriors and various Bloodbound heroes will be arriving, ready to charge into whatever is left. My plan is to try this tomorrow, with some cavalry to run up and attack from the side and see how it goes.

unless the specific rule for the warscroll states otherwise, you can only declare a charge at a unit 12" away

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    unless the specific rule for the warscroll states otherwise, you can only declare a charge at a unit 12" away

It's a 6" move plus a 10" run plus a 4+2D6" charge, so if you deploy your Bloodreavers right on the line you could charge at anything up to 4" inside of your opponent's deployment zone.

• Options
  • Options
    for nagash you just roll a few dice and win instead

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Fyreslayers seem to be getting quite the rules update. For example a second wound for all the infantry units.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Fyreslayers seem to be getting quite the rules update. For example a second wound for all the infantry units.

yowza

they were already "fine" and had a decent showing at tournies for older armies

• Options
    It seems like Vulkites might be losing their 4+ after-save mind you, which is pretty much identical to the second wound. It almost looks (from the limited info available so far) that they're trying to pivot the Fyreslayers being more of an elite force than the weird horde they are presently, which would make sense given the lack of model variety and price-point of the infantry kits. Time shall tell, I suppose. Seems like something of a grounds-up reworking in any case.

• Options
    So awkward riding home with it on a bike
    qkq9u6bowz7e.jpg

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Why? Did the erection make the ride more difficult?

• Options
    Why? Did the erection make the ride more difficult?

Because the brakes suck my new bike

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    So I'm finally considering picking up a small force to play with people at my FLGS, not sure who I'd want to go for. Probably not soon as I'm not in a great money position but soonish. Maybe by the time I'm in a better place monetarily the new Slaanesh stuff will be out.

Does anyone else sort of wish they would try and make armies out of the factions mentioned but not present since geography is no longer an issue? Like a faction based on Cathay or Araby

Edit: Are the "Start collecting" boxes the only box sets available right now? Because they're all I'm seeing online.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    The Start Collecting boxes (and the various Soul Wars starter sets) are the only deal kits available right now, yeah, everything else seems to be a limited-time run (They did some large battleforce boxes round January-time, which are good value if you can find any hanging around a FLGS or something) and they're sporadically releasing 'duelling army' boxes like Carrion Empire, normally to promote a new book/faction, but again those seem to vanish after a month or so.

• Options
    Carrion empire went real fast too. You can still find wrath and rapture in some places though

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    The VS boxes are really good value if you want to dabble or split. I managed to find a copy of Blight War and now I accidentally have a nurgle army!

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/focus-teases-12-new-games-including-three-warhammer-titles/
    Focus did not reveal the titles for the Warhammer games it has in development, but there are a few hints to go on. Vancouver-based Gasket Games is working on an Age of Sigmar title, and the studio includes developers who previously worked on real-time strategy games like Dawn of War and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. It seems likely they're working on another strategy title, and the artwork features a golden-armored member of the Stormcast Eternals.

3HODzD3.jpg

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    That's good to hear. Lingering lore-based animosity aside it seems like it's been a bit long without any AoS having been made that I can recall.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    i'm not working at relic anymore if people are wondering why i posted that!

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
This discussion has been closed.