As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If it's blue, it must be MEGA MAN(-esque)!

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Pachislot Rockman Ability In-Depth Look

For anyone else curious. I'm a bit surprised how much effort was put into this game.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Pachislot Rockman Ability In-Depth Look

For anyone else curious. I'm a bit surprised how much effort was put into this game.

...I gotta say, that's one impressive slot machine.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Music from the new Smash Bros. has leaked out, and there's what can only be described as a metric fuckton of awesome new remixes. Here's a playlist of everything in Smash Ultimate, with a tracklist on the YouTube page. It includes all the stuff from Smash 4, with the new stuff starting at 43:15.

https://youtu.be/TPhE-8HLmNU

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh lord, I forgot for a second I was in the MM thread so when I saw "all the music in ultimate" I thought there was no way they had all those tracks in a 2 hour vid. Then I realized... it is 2 hours for JUST the megaman music in ultimate. Holy shit.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I was really hoping for more picks from 9 through 11 but I'll for sure take this smooth and easy-drinking mix of Mega Man 9's Wily Castle 2.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I was really hoping for more picks from 9 through 11 but I'll for sure take this smooth and easy-drinking mix of Mega Man 9's Wily Castle 2.

11 has some real shitty music so I'm kinda glad they didn't go there.

• Options
    ...aaaaand it's gone. Ah well, someone will surely reupload it all when Smash actually hits.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

11 has some real shitty music so I'm kinda glad they didn't go there.

One of my apparently less popular opinions re: Mega Man is that, with the volume up and sound balance adjusted to slightly favour bass, 11 has one of the better soundtracks overall. I wasn't especially into it until I heard it through my headphones, but I changed the sound options to max out the music volume (and mute voices, but that's beside the point) immediately after. Acid and Torch in particular are in my top ten Master themes.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    11s grew on me after a while, but I still think it's the weakest in the series. It's Wily stage theme's actually good though.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    ...aaaaand it's gone. Ah well, someone will surely reupload it all when Smash actually hits.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/27/nintendo-gets-super-smash-bros-ultimate-pirates-banned-from-youtube
    Uploading music from a stolen game was... maybe a super bad idea!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Since someone was talking about Mighty No. 9 in another thread, it got me thinking:

Did anything ever happen with that Red Ash thing Inafune was working on? Or did it become a China-only thing?

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    The anime OVA came out, that's about it.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Been listening to the Protomen again lately (never heard their cover album before, it's pretty good, their lead singer does a very good Freddy Mercury on Princes of the Universe). Will of One remains my favorite of their original works, though.

Anyway, on a lark I was thinking about who my favorite Robot Masters are, and what a hypothetical all stars game might be like. Here's the list I came up with (in recommended order, but pick any start point):
    • Skull Man - MM4, favorite shield RM, though definitely not the best shield mechanics-wise (Jewel Satellite takes that prize). I'd switch his level from its pseudo-skull castle look to a robot scrapyard theme.
      1n8rjwamt3e0.png
    • Pharaoh Man - MM4, favorite fire-weapon RM, though not as into his stage design. I'd like to switch to one of the classic fire-robot foundry stage themes (especially due to the lack of other industrial stages in this set), but would be open to other ideas.
      bwurbrjy3t7k.png
    • Freeze Man - MM7, just the coolest ice-themed RM (pun unintended), although he totally looks like a reploid from the MMX series
      qgatkyg0680v.jpg
    • Gyro Man - MM5, favorite flying/wind themed RM, though I'd probably make his gyro attack generate vertical wind funnels like Tengu Man's tornado hold instead of behaving like a cutting weapon
      b2cuo32n5ilv.png
    • Shade Man - MM7, another really cool design (though again, kinda maverick-looking), with a really cool idea for a sound-based weapon (the projectile bounces off walls and can be absorbed by mega man to fire a charged shot). I'd probably break with the horror theming of his ghouls and ghosts inspired level (since you already have Skull and Pharaoh) and instead give him a jungle/rainforest stage (y'know, where bats live?)
      3iy77n0vzv06.jpg
    • Splash Woman - MM9, I like the design, I like having more female robots, water levels are a staple of the series (and hers was really fun), plus she's got one of the better cutter projectiles (really useful without being ridiculous like Metal Man's)
      47zewpn96uag.jpg
    • Elec Man - MM1, the best electricity Robot Master, with a bad ass weapon. I'd slightly tweak the stage theme to play up the 'communications tower' idea.
      gdvaqomt8kkf.png
    • Crash Man - MM2, just a really cool design for an RM with an explosives/barrier-cracking weapon. And his level was pretty fun, though it might be neat to invert it from a tower into space and instead make it a mine shaft to better fit the weapon theme.
      14z1ojuvdvk7.png

So who would you pick?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Gemini Man, from my blurry childhood memory, had a good stage, boss fight and power. I could be wrong though.

I’ll make a full list when I’m home.

Edit: Huh! I actually thought he had a more effeminate design.

2pvdza2r4s7w.png

Endless_Serpents on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    How in god's name have I not heard of this fangame before?

https://megamanmaker.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkV0muImpY

Downloading with a vengeance.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    X would win.

EXE can't exist outside of a virtual space, Trigger can't compete/much more limited in his abilities than the others, OG Mega Man is a less powerful version of X and I don't know much about Starforce.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    X would win.

EXE can't exist outside of a virtual space, Trigger can't compete/much more limited in his abilities than the others, OG Mega Man is a less powerful version of X and I don't know much about Starforce.

Trigger is a world killing machine god... sometimes.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I really liked the Legends games and wish we could've gotten the third, but yeah I feel like Trigger really isn't on an even footing with the others. That said...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6M4SViDE0

Edit: but EXE vs any other would basically just be them turning off their wifi and then crushing whatever device he's inside, right?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    I really liked the Legends games and wish we could've gotten the third, but yeah I feel like Trigger really isn't on an even footing with the others. That said...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In6M4SViDE0

Edit: but EXE vs any other would basically just be them turning off their wifi and then crushing whatever device he's inside, right?

Zero goes into cyberspace in his games, therefore X can go into cyberspace, therefore they can fight.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    X/Zero can both go into cyberspace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSrNSdtVL9w

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I never got why X in X4 had a little boy's voice. He's the same height as Dr. Light's hologram, for example. He should at least sound like someone in their late teens.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I never got why X in X4 had a little boy's voice. He's the same height as Dr. Light's hologram, for example. He should at least sound like someone in their late teens.

PS1 voice acting was buck wild.

• Options
    X would win.

EXE can and has existed outside of virtual space. I believe they even cite some instances.

As for Trigger, pity he wasn't in the match. All we got was MegaMan Volnutt.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Which X? An X who is still being a worrywort and going "Why must reploids fiiiight?", which is the reason he's a B class hunter, because his worrying means he never gives 100%?

Or an X giving 100%? In which case get the fuck out of the way.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Which X? An X who is still being a worrywort and going "Why must reploids fiiiight?", which is the reason he's a B class hunter, because his worrying means he never gives 100%?

Or an X giving 100%? In which case get the fuck out of the way.

How about "I'm gettin' too old for this shit" X from X7? :snap:

• Options
    Well, "no killing" codes of conduct are thrown out for these, so I think the latter.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Did they ever patch either of the mmx legacy collections on the Switch? I just played through all of MMX1 and there wasn't any slow down, either where it slowed down in the SNES version or otherwise. Was using handheld mode though.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Did they ever patch either of the mmx legacy collections on the Switch? I just played through all of MMX1 and there wasn't any slow down, either where it slowed down in the SNES version or otherwise. Was using handheld mode though.

No, neither of the X Collections have been patched.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Huh, I was just gonna ask about that. What's the recommended way to get the original or MMX collections these days? I seem to recall the latest bundled rereleases have performance issues? How about on older systems? I've got an anthology of the classic games for the... PS2 I think? But it's in storage at my parents' house, as are my copies of the originals that I own (MM1-3, MMX, MMX4, maybe MM7?).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Sort of misses the point that there's a second part to that fight. And good luck getting the fireball off on that. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm sorry, what? Mega Man X was about fighting to save the world from virus-crazed androids, not competing in a fighting tournament as a means of seeking personal enlightenment like Ryu in Street Fighter. Fuck that Goku wanna-be bullshit, if other people's lives are at stake you end things as quickly and efficiently as possible.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I'm sorry, what? Mega Man X was about fighting to save the world from virus-crazed androids, not competing in a fighting tournament as a means of seeking personal enlightenment like Ryu in Street Fighter. Fuck that Goku wanna-be bullshit, if other people's lives are at stake you end things as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Chill out, it's just a meme.

https://kotaku.com/hyperbolic-tweet-about-game-difficulty-turns-into-wonde-1833946042

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I'm not mad, I was rolling my eyes at it.

Besides, it doesn't even fit the meme; the hadoken in X is not a cheat, it's a hidden upgrade that takes a fair bit of effort to earn (case in point, I only ever bothered to get it once). The Thunder Beam select button exploit from Mega Man 1 would've been more appropriate.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    The Mega Man twitter is very bad at memes, please clap

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Could take a lesson from the Sonic Twitter.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    X would win.

EXE can and has existed outside of virtual space. I believe they even cite some instances.

As for Trigger, pity he wasn't in the match. All we got was MegaMan Volnutt.

Eh, EXE basically needs a robot for that still, and can't fight beyond fisticuffs. There's... some gray area in some of the final boss zones though.

StarForce can do a bit more direct interaction, I think? But mostly is limited to other EM entities for fighting. No requirement to be in a virtual space, he's evolved to wireless. Actually, I'm not sure how that shakes out for the physical models, he can probably just touch them to interfere with their systems.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

That's the thing, all they do is ape the Sonic twitter

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    skeldare wrote: »

That's the thing, all they do is ape the Sonic twitter

The problem is Sonic Twitter isn't a person its the pain of all Sega fans made flesh

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.