As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Doomguy would be amazing, especially since he’s got that new predator style should flamethrower/grenade launcher and wrist sword.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Doomguy would be amazing, especially since he’s got that new predator style should flamethrower/grenade launcher and wrist sword.

Plus, you know, he’s already completely fine with hand-to-hand ultraviolence. The only weird thing would be like making him do a leg sweep. Everything else would already be in character for him.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    His fatal blow should be a string of his glory kills and one of his fatalities should be him throwing a device that teleports them to Hell to be ripped apart by several demons.

steam_sig.png
    JMan711 wrote: »
    His fatal blow should be a string of his glory kills and one of his fatalities should be him throwing a device that teleports them to Hell to be ripped apart by several demons.

I want a telefrag fatality, and...somehow one involving an explosive green barrel.

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Me: Guest fighters are lame and dilute the game's character. I come for MK for MK.

Also Me: But if you wanted to try and sell me a pack with Jack Burton and Lo Pan... oh wait my wallet is already open.

No lie, I’d really dig it if Shang Tsung is more than just the kryptkeeper, and we could have creepy old-guy Shang Tsung in full-on Lo Pan mode.

Cage is almost Burton already, so a costume pack wouldn’t be too hard to drop.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Ash Williams, Pennywise, and Doomguy are my trio of dream guest characters.

With Tekken already getting Negan, I'd be cool with Daryl from TWD, too.
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Me: Guest fighters are lame and dilute the game's character. I come for MK for MK.

Also Me: But if you wanted to try and sell me a pack with Jack Burton and Lo Pan... oh wait my wallet is already open.

This, too. All my money. Or hell, Snake Plissken.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I’d love to hear the MK announcer growl “Doomguy”

Kombat Kast in just under an hour

Kitana, D’Vorah, Cetrion

Ceno on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It'd be Doom Slayer, wouldn't it?

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    It'd be Doom Slayer, wouldn't it?

Either or. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomguy

But yeah, NRS would probably refer to him as Doom Slayer in the game.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    edited April 2019
    Kast is up (will update as I can while I listen)

Time crystals are the premium currency, used to purchase cosmetic items, zero pay to win
    All content is unlockable without using time crystals (and they drop in the game as well), they are a shortcut to unlocks
    No loot boxes

Kitana and D'Vorah look awesome
    D'Vorah has a move wherein after she's KO'd a giant bug emerges from her body and you continue the fight with the bug as a last chance (so that leaked "Bug'Vorah" trophy now makes sense)

Kitana has a skill that brings out Mileena's sais along with teleport - so RIP Mileena

No Kombat Kast next week, final one is Monday 4/22

OH FUCK D'VORAH'S FATALITY JEEZUS

Ceno on
    edited April 2019
    I’m starting to develop an in-game opinion that all the hyper-excessive fatal blows and extra-thorough fatalities are because the fighters in MK are really, really, really hard to kill.

Like you know Shinnok’s grimacing head? That’s basically anyone in MK, until they get their body back. It’s just a matter of time.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Some of Kitanas fighting reminds me of Taki from Soul Calibur.

current roster screen

7osxvhrmtfdh.jpg

Surprised there’s two slots remaining. Like I know Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung go somewhere but I doubt that’s what they’re for.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Based on the leaked roster, which has thus far been accurate, the two missing slots are for
    Frost
    and Shao Kahn.

DLC characters will have new slots when they start rolling out.

reVerse on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The leaked roster is legit, Ed Boon more or less confirmed it in that 100 questions thing he did not too long ago.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I’m excited and slightly anxious to figure out just where to start with all the content in this game. I should probably leap into the story, but I also want to do arcade ladder with a bunch of favorites ASAP.

the beta did have some fun glimpses. Like some kind of standalone ‘Fatality Trainer’ system.

I have a lot of hope for the Krypt.

Johnny Cage has a second fatality shown here and it’s something

https://youtu.be/87jlc0NLOLg

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    The leaked roster is legit, Ed Boon more or less confirmed it in that 100 questions thing he did not too long ago.
    The only weird part is that the unlockable characters claim of the leak seems to have been bollocks. Shang Tsung is DLC and Mileena's probably gone completely since Kitana has several of her moves. Could be that Mileena winds up being a skin for Kitana, maybe?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    The only weird part is that the unlockable characters claim of the leak seems to have been bollocks. Shang Tsung is DLC and Mileena's probably gone completely since Kitana has several of her moves. Could be that Mileena winds up being a skin for Kitana, maybe?
    You unlock them

With money

liEt3nH.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Holy shit that Geras fatality is too much.

Burnage wrote: »
    It would be a cool idea to have a Mileena version of Kitana, especially given that allegedly there are multiple endings for characters this time.

It is interesting to wonder about the premise of what happens to your evil clone when you yourself become evil.

Shao Kahn confirmed to be in the 4/22 kast

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Shao khan better have a useless taunt as a move.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    It's weird to me that they've waited so long to show him off since he's a preorder incentive.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    It must be some kind of strategic thinking. Like, right now they’re selling the idea of Shao Kahn, whatever that means to people. They show him settling into his best skull chair, all glossed up in Unreal 3 rendering, and let people decide.

Come to think of it, wasn’t that how they handled Goro’s preorder bonus in X? Just him emerging from the shadows, cracking his knuckles, and that’s it? Or did they do a hands-on rollout for him?

What platform is everyone going for? I'm still deciding between PS4 and PC. PC has the benefit of not needing a sub to play online.

PS4

I’ll probably double dip on the pc version when the cheap complete edition hits, but I love the PS4 controller for Netherrealm games

It must be some kind of strategic thinking. Like, right now they’re selling the idea of Shao Kahn, whatever that means to people. They show him settling into his best skull chair, all glossed up in Unreal 3 rendering, and let people decide.

Come to think of it, wasn’t that how they handled Goro’s preorder bonus in X? Just him emerging from the shadows, cracking his knuckles, and that’s it? Or did they do a hands-on rollout for him?

I feel like they did a kombat kast on Goro pretty early on for MKX. But my memory is crap.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'll be repping Earthrealm on Xbone.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ash Williams, Pennywise, and Doomguy are my trio of dream guest characters.

With Tekken already getting Negan, I'd be cool with Daryl from TWD, too.
    -SPI- wrote: »

This, too. All my money. Or hell, Snake Plissken.

I'd like to toss a note for Phantasm's The Tall Man. He's my slasher flick guest character of choice.
    Between his dwarf minions and the sentinel spheres, I think he'd fit in pretty well with the cast. He's also got that whole interdimensional travel thing going on for him.

Pinhead from Hellraiser also, but I'm sure he's been mentioned already in the "Who would we like to see guest star" conversation.

I wanted to get this on Switch but since they refuse to show it I'll probably drop a preorder on PS4 to get Shao Kahn. Not gonna preorder a version they insist on hiding from the public eye.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I wanted to get this on Switch but since they refuse to show it I'll probably drop a preorder on PS4 to get Shao Kahn. Not gonna preorder a version they insist on hiding from the public eye.

Supposedly it looks pretty good but I'd have reservations having not seeing any screens or videos. It makes it seem like they're hiding something

RickRude wrote: »

Supposedly it looks pretty good but I'd have reservations having not seeing any screens or videos. It makes it seem like they're hiding something

Switch version isn’t being done by Netherrealm directly, right? It’s kind of weird all around-ideally it should look just like the other versions. It’s not like we’re wondering why we haven’t seen the Xbone version.

I assume the Switch version did not include an early access Beta (surely we’d have heard about it from somewhere if so) Considering everywhere else could play a slice of the game early, that just looks bad.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    My wife checked it out at PAX and thought it looked good on the Switch, albeit downgraded as one would expect.

That's the version I'm getting for review purposes, but if I see a sale on Xbox One like the one I got MKX for, I may well double dip.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Quick note vis-a-vis the Switch version and anyone who likes physical media: the Switch cart for MK11 requires you to download 16GB of the rest of the game to actually play it.

Quick note vis-a-vis the Switch version and anyone who likes physical media: the Switch cart for MK11 requires you to download 16GB of the rest of the game to actually play it.

So you’re saying the Switch physical version is...incomplete? Like, minus that 16 gb download, what would the game actually be.