As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEONRegistered User regular
edited April 2023 in Games and Technology
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj3ty-Wt48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HLDaBGdnLc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIl2z5wwjdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfcAHfDuNzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8939aURV9Dc

ecg63R5.png
Star Wars: Jedi I've Fallen Order And I Can't Get Up is a third person action game by Respawn Studios, the people who made Titanfall, Titanfall 2, and Titanfornitefall. Chris Avellone worked on it, it is single player only with no microtransactions, and it's set right after Order 66. You play as Generic Man and your goal is to fight evil. The game has been described as having Sekiro/Dark Soulsish combat, Uncharted-esque platforming, and a Metroidvania-style exploration structure. And lightsabers.

The game will has been released for Windows, Microsoft Game Box, and Sony Play Box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXpxWy8DJSE

#2 is coming out April 28th.

Links
Official Website
IGN Review
Eurogamer Review

TychoCelchuuu on

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    A single player only game? From EA? What is this nonsense?

I had hoped it would have multiplayer and be a modern successor to the Jedi Knight games. Single player only actually diminishes my anticipation for the game somewhat.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Goddamn that is a fast turn around time.

I really don’t know what to make of this announcement. Not as much excitement as I feel I should have. Really just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hopefully it doesn’t.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Titanfall 2 had some of the most badass campaign FPS moments ever. So yeah. Give me some of that

616610-1.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLbwkfhYZk

There's the trailer.

I guess it looks okay.

• Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    Please be good....

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    That trailer doesn't do much for me. And I really wish we would move beyond the Era of the Bwammmmmmmp trailer soundtrack.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I am so in for this game. That brief glimpse of wall running in the trailer put a smile on my face (If you haven't played Titanfall 2 yet, you should remedy that). As I said early in the ApeLegs thread I will play anything Respawn makes at this point, and I'm looking forward to their first single player, story driven game.

Did anyone else notice that this is in Unreal Engine? I guess Respawn has some ability to change policy at EA at the moment.

nusu on
  • canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I'm hoping it has some blaster play and saber. Can they just hurry up and give me a UBI open world starwars game.

AC style where you're just a bad ass force user out for some sword waving. With better sword play though.

Trailer looked ok, the protagonist seems a bit humdrum. Almost like a child face stuck on a teenager's body. He looked more jedi ish near the end which I thought looked better.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    That trailer doesn't do much for me. And I really wish we would move beyond the Era of the Bwammmmmmmp trailer soundtrack.
    Really? That trailer did everything for me. It's exactly what I would hope for when it comes to Jedi just trying to hide and not be noticed throughout the galaxy.

canuckont wrote: »
    I'm hoping it has some blaster play and saber. Can they just hurry up and give me a UBI open world starwars game.

AC style where you're just a bad ass force user out for some sword waving. With better sword play though.

Trailer looked ok, the protagonist seems a bit humdrum. Almost like a child face stuck on a teenager's body. He looked more jedi ish near the end which I thought looked better.

The protagonist is basically just Starkiller Lite. A low "Cal" version if you will, hur hur hur.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I’m really hoping that’s just this game’s version of “default male Shepard” and there will be a character creator and male/female voice lines, like in Jedi Academy

I’m not optimistic, but boooooy is that guy bland

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I don't think we saw any gameplay. We don't know anything about it at this point.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It's just cinematics and boring ones at that. So far the advertising for this has been boring and underwhelming.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I’m really hoping that’s just this game’s version of “default male Shepard” and there will be a character creator and male/female voice lines, like in Jedi Academy

They've said set character, and there's an actor playing him and everything. So it's probably just this dude.

Maybe I'll like the next next Star Wars game.

Aistan wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

They've said set character, and there's an actor playing him and everything. So it's probably just this dude.

Maybe I'll like the next next Star Wars game.

The gameplay could be good.

But we have no way of knowing.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It might be!

But I don't care at this point. It's just a personal dealbreaker. I've got plenty else to play.

Odd they didn't let you make it your own person like the old games and just have male/female voice leads.

Odder still it's straight up single player, coming from EA and using Unreal engine!

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I'm interested because it's respawn and 3rd person action games are my shit. Apparently the gameplay lead was the lead on God of war ascension, so I'm expecting it'll at least be mechanically solid.

But holy shit, white boy lead character couldn't be any blander at first glance. We couldn't get another race or gender, or even better, a cool alien?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I'm interested because it's respawn and 3rd person action games are my shit. Apparently the gameplay lead was the lead on God of war ascension, so I'm expecting it'll at least be mechanically solid.

But holy shit, white boy lead character couldn't be any blander at first glance. We couldn't get another race or gender, or even better, a cool alien?
    On the plus side he's not putting on a shit-ass British accent.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

Battlefield II had a new minority, female protagonist for its campaign alongside the movie heroes. Diversity doesn't mean you never have a white male protagonist again.

Also maybe wait for more gameplay?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Would have really liked an option to change sex, race or be an alien

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMiUgV4_Cds

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I for one approve of this Star Wars game with Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olson as the protagonist.

• canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I watched it again with sound. Haha ok it wasnt bad. As for the protagonist, I didn't realize he was the joker from Gotham and one of the brothers in shameless.

It has potential, respawn is a solid company in my view. Titanfall was way better then COD for me. You know if they dont fuq this up... it could mean even more single play starwars games.

Maybe even one where I can be a bounty hunter....

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

Battlefield II had a new minority, female protagonist for its campaign alongside the movie heroes. Diversity doesn't mean you never have a white male protagonist again.

Also maybe wait for more gameplay?

Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote, but I wasn't being negative on the game itself. I think what they've shown looks really cool and I'm really excited to see what gameplay looks like.

And I don't know what battlefield has to do with anything. I didn't play that game and I never will, so however diverse that game was won't change my initial opinion of the main character in this game being lame and boring.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I fear this will be less like Jedi Knight games and more like Force Unleashed games. But I guess that's still better than an online loot box shooter. We'll see.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Honestly, gameplay will be a big indication of whether or not I get this.

I haven't really played a SW with combat I thought was super engaging and there are a lot of high quality options in the action game department these days.

The fact that the lead character looks like a nerd makes me even more wary.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Xantomas wrote: »
    I fear this will be less like Jedi Knight games and more like Force Unleashed games. But I guess that's still better than an online loot box shooter. We'll see.

The new DOOM shows that a first-person shooter can still be a hit if well done with lots of speed and hard-hitting mechanics.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I would say that shooters are actually easier than action games cause in general they follow very similiar formulas where aim and precision is key. That said they can all have a different feel and weight to them of course, also movement plays a big part.

I feel action games are a bit harder cause there are other things to consider and honestly very few Western devs make good third-person melee systems imo.

Dragkonias on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that this is in Unreal Engine? I guess Respawn has some ability to change policy at EA at the moment.

I wonder how much of that is Disney stepping in and saying "hey, don't fuck this one up."

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I'm way more excited about this than I should be given how little we've seen.
    I WANT TO BELIEEEEEVE.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Along with the Mandalorian, it seems the grit of the new canon is continuing quite nicely.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its confirmed its a 3rd person action game rather than being a more old school star wars fps?

obF2Wuw.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I hope so, that would be rad.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    its confirmed its a 3rd person action game rather than being a more old school star wars fps?

Every game I can think of from Respawn is first person, so I wouldn't necessarily count on this.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019

Every game I can think of from Respawn is first person, so I wouldn't necessarily count on this.

yeah thats why i wanted to check - seemed like people were broadly assuming 3rd person because sabers etc but havent seen anybody posting anything from devs etc saying anything about gameplay as such?

maybe the first person titanfall + dark messiah combination game the children REALLY need is coming

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • WindburnWindburn Registered User regular
    The home page for the game states "A new third-person action-adventure Star Wars™ title from Respawn Entertainment."
    So, there we go. Third person.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

yeah thats why i wanted to check - seemed like people were broadly assuming 3rd person because sabers etc but havent seen anybody posting anything from devs etc saying anything about gameplay as such?

maybe the first person titanfall + dark messiah combination game the children REALLY need is coming

If I can force push people off cliffs and into spikes, yeah sure.

Push them through a random campfire and watch them light up like they were doused in gasoline? Yep yep.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    edited April 2019
    "this is your newest force technique... force kick. its like a kick except... it makes your opponent ragdoll and fly about 20ft sideways into a curiously placed rack of spikes"

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Oh god, what game was that where you were constantly kicking people into spikes on walls? There was one where it just seemed like every 10 feet was a wall with spikes.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Oh god, what game was that where you were constantly kicking people into spikes on walls? There was one where it just seemed like every 10 feet was a wall with spikes.

Dark Messiah.

I feel AC Odyssey’s Spartan Kick is pretty close to a Force Kick. I’m forever punting people off mountains and castle walls.