As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When is early registration and where will PAX 2008 be?

MomoshouseMomoshouse Registered User regular
edited January 2008 in PAX Archive
Does anyone know where PAX 2008 will be held - I thought it was going to be at the Convention Centre again in Seattle?
And when does the early registration start??

Want to get on this early as I missed it last year!

Thanks to all who answer.........................;-)

""[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it.
Momoshouse on

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Momoshouse wrote: »
    Does anyone know where PAX 2008 will be held - I thought it was going to be at the Convention Centre again in Seattle?

No Idea.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Every year registration goes live around late Jan/early Feb

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    WarlockWarlock Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I hope it doesnt fill to quickly this year, would like to get a table if I could!

Warlock on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Warlock wrote: »
    I hope it doesnt fill to quickly this year, would like to get a table if I could!

:?:

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Wow. Didn't think my statement was that confusing. I mean really, if I can get a table (booth or whatever) that would be great as, oh I don't know, I would like too. Duh... If you think i am an idiot for saying I want a table at PAX, then just straight out say so. If I am wrong, its not the end of the world for me (about getting a table or booth or cardboard box). Really.

Warlock on
  • Options
    Foxy_RoxyFoxy_Roxy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Wow. Didn't think my statement was that confusing. I mean really, if I can get a table (booth or whatever) that would be great as, oh I don't know, I would like too. Duh... If you think i am an idiot for saying I want a table at PAX, then just straight out say so. If I am wrong, its not the end of the world for me (about getting a table or booth or cardboard box). Really.

Um.. I think asimperson was honestly confused by what you wanted. Are you with a company? do you want a table in the exhibitor hall, and for what? or are you talking about something else? Your statement isn't very clear.
    Don't be a douche.

Foxy_Roxy on
    linkdb4.png
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    well the thing is there aren't really tables at pax. I mean there are but they tend to have computers or consoles or tvs on them and they are a stand in line and wait your turn kinda deal.

then there are all the chairs at the panels but those are first come first serve as well as the sumo bags all along the walls.

there isnt really a reserve a place to sit deal unless you sign up for BYOC.

I think his question mark was more of a "I think you might have the worng thread..." thinking you meant to post in the pre pax dinner thread.

Clearly now we no longer think your lost, or stupid, just ignorant... >.>

thanks for clearing that up?

I wasnt aware we were "Sold Out" last year so im not sure why you had that impression... I know they ran outa cards but i didnt hear about them turning anyone away...

Edit: or after reading Foxys post and if you indeed want a "exhibition hall booth" i agree that you were really vague on that... in wich case i dont think that you would be wanting to wait for general admission tickets to start selling you wanna get in contact with a pax representative...

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    A question mark is worth a thousand words...

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I still don't think it was that confusing. But yes, I am completely ignorant. I would like to get and exhibitor table, or artist table if there are any. I haven't gone to PAX before, so I don't know whether or not it would be filled up.

I am sorry if anyone was offended at my previous post in reply to the question mark.

Whether or not there are any exhibitor or artist tables is something I assumed, based on other shows I've gone too. But again, I can be completely wrong. Am I?

After all... I am a noob.

Sometimes I assume people are on the same page as me, but I will certainly be more clear in the future.

Thank you Soularis.

Warlock on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for clearing yourself up Warlock. If you go to pennyarcadeexpo.com, Mike Fehlauer's email is listed for questions re: exhibitor info.

Liger on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing yourself up Warlock. If you go to pennyarcadeexpo.com, Mike Fehlauer's email is listed for questions re: exhibitor info.

I will reiterate what Liger said. And yes last year the exhibition hall was sold out within a couple of months. The quicker you get your stuff in the better chance you have.

Also, PAX will again be in the WSCTC from August 29-31.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I still don't think it was that confusing. But yes, I am completely ignorant. I would like to get and exhibitor table, or artist table if there are any. I haven't gone to PAX before, so I don't know whether or not it would be filled up.

I am sorry if anyone was offended at my previous post in reply to the question mark.

Whether or not there are any exhibitor or artist tables is something I assumed, based on other shows I've gone too. But again, I can be completely wrong. Am I?

Sometimes I assume people are on the same page as me, but I will certainly be more clear in the future.

Thank you Soularis.

There are no tables at PAX. If you look at pictures on people's flickr accounts and what not you can see what to expect. :)

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    Zlatnik1Zlatnik1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Thank you Soularis.
    It is not wrong to be a noob, it is only wrong to be treated as one. I am the FNG and I have never been as well, very interested though, as long as not all people are as closed minded to noobs as some of the earlier people were.

Zlatnik1 on
  • Options
    Real Plump BoxReal Plump Box Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    Cant wait for Pax this year it will be my third one. The first two i went to were crazy and i know this years will bebigger and better .

Real Plump Box on
  • Options
    Real Plump BoxReal Plump Box Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    Also i thought i read that it was gonning to be at the Wash. Convention Center again but who knows that could always be internet romers

Real Plump Box on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Also i thought i read that it was gonning to be at the Wash. Convention Center again but who knows that could always be internet romers

Uhh it will be

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

According to the official press release (click the official link at the official PAX website), PAX08 will officially be held in the WSCTC again. :P

Liger on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Hmm... it must've changed from the first year.

I remember the first year there was a (just one) room that companies had set up booths/tables at. I remember we got to play the Matrix Online at one before it came out, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory at another... and there was one for T-Shirts (though I think PA set that one up themselves... I don't think there were any others selling anything aside from the official PA booth), and one for some tabletop game that I can't remember now... and Microsoft had set up a big circle of tables with computers for people to play all sorts of X-Box games. And I think NVidia was there, because I walked out of there with a T-Shirt... but I don't remember the booth.

Granted, that was at the '04 and it may have changed since then... and it was only one (relatively small) room amidst the three floors of other activities... but there was tables in a sense of the word. I imagine you didn't just "sign up" to get one of those tables though. I'm betting there had to be some kind of special arrangement... and I don't even know for sure if that happens anymore at all.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited January 2008

I remember the first year there was a (just one) room that companies had set up booths/tables at. I remember we got to play the Matrix Online at one before it came out, and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory at another... and there was one for T-Shirts (though I think PA set that one up themselves... I don't think there were any others selling anything aside from the official PA booth), and one for some tabletop game that I can't remember now... and Microsoft had set up a big circle of tables with computers for people to play all sorts of X-Box games. And I think NVidia was there, because I walked out of there with a T-Shirt... but I don't remember the booth.

Granted, that was at the '04 and it may have changed since then... and it was only one (relatively small) room amidst the three floors of other activities... but there was tables in a sense of the word. I imagine you didn't just "sign up" to get one of those tables though. I'm betting there had to be some kind of special arrangement... and I don't even know for sure if that happens anymore at all.

Um pax is about 20x larger now :P

Have you not looked at pictures of Pax 2007?

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

Um pax is about 20x larger now :P

Have you not looked at pictures of Pax 2007?

Aye, I've seen the pictures, but with everyone talking about how there were no tables, I figured I'd bring up what I knew about the existence of "tables". I've seen pictures of the gigantic crowd at PAX 2007, but no clue as to if they continued doing the whole "tables for companies to show off games" thing.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    It's called the Exhibition hall. They're not so much tables as large booths. One of them had a Hummer in it. Most of them just had games and tee shirts.

You could call them tables, but the tables are usually covered with stuff, or very artfully designed and reused at other trade shows. Tables = exhibits. Exhibits = big spaces that may or may not contain actual tables.

Liger on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Liger wrote: »
    It's called the Exhibition hall. They're not so much tables as large booths. One of them had a Hummer in it. Most of them just had games and tee shirts.

You could call them tables, but the tables are usually covered with stuff, or very artfully designed and reused at other trade shows. Tables = exhibits. Exhibits = big spaces that may or may not contain actual tables.

Hmm, a good point. =) Aye, in my mind there seemed to be a delineation between a convention-type "table" and the "tables" (or booths, as you put it) that PAX had... because it wasn't jam-packed with people hawking God knows what, unlike the conventional "table". but I thought I'd bring up that something similar exists there... though indeed, not quite the same thing. =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I really don't mean to sound condescending, but it sounds like you're getting all your information from what you saw at PAX 2004. I know most of your questions have been answered already but it might be a good idea to get some more up to date info next time.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    True, I was using old info, and I'll be sure to look up more relevant info in the future... but it looks like the concept (the "table" concept) still exists today in the same form it did before. I just didn't know what the term was for sure, nor how they were acquired exactly... just that they existed, and it sounds like they still do.

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.