As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 5: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Any other card plays or Sabotage reactions? Let's see some declarations and then move on to voting.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Abstain from both

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    No to both.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Nothing

@Phyphor, any card plays, Sabotages, or other comments before moving on to voting?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Nope, go ahead

Excellent. As a reminder, here's what we're voting on:

Executive Sanctions (Law)
    For: Each player can have a maximum of 3 action cards in hand.
    Against: Each player discards 1 random action card from his hand.

Voting Order
    Sardakk N'orr (@38thDoe): Up to 4 votes
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor): Up to 6 votes
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo): Up to 6 votes
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): Up to 13 votes
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid): Up to 7 votes
    The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh): Technology Rider - AGAINST; Leadership Rider - FOR; Speaker

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Abstain

38thDoE on steam

38thDoE on steam

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    E-nvm

El Skid on
    All Against

@Ketar

All votes For.

@El Skid

Hey @Lykouragh do you have a preference here? We seem to have the balance of power...Just because you can’t vote doesn’t mean you can’t bribe influence things...

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Well I mean we would like those 3 CCs and not to have to discard one of our precious cards at random.... would be willing to pay 2-3 TGs.

We would be... displeased at having to dump our hand

edited April 2019
    It seems the L1Z1X can be 2 TGs max displeased about dumping their hand... unless anyone else is displeased as well we’ll be offering the Yssaril 3 TGs for our vote...

We would also accept the L1Z1X support for the throne to immediately vote with the L1Z1X of course...

El Skid on
    @Phyphor We're open to bribes here too, something along the lines of your ceasefire or your support in exchange for not bribing the Muaat?

Phyphor We're open to bribes here too, something along the lines of your ceasefire or your support in exchange for not bribing the Muaat?

We could give your our ceasefire, but why give you a game mechanics way to stop our only method of influence - a big fleet, the ability to attack and nothing to lose

tell you what, I'll increase my offer to my support for the throne+not bribing Muaat in exchange for your ceasefire?

Nah, there is no realistic path to victory for me and in any case I could simply demand your throne support in exchange for not torpedoing your chance, no need to give up my ceasefire

k then

Agree to pay Muaat 3 TG for their For vote

Agreed.

Collect 3 TGs to Vote For

edited April 2019
    Vote Results
    20 votes - FOR (Letnev, Muaat)
    12 votes - AGAINST (L1z1x, Creuss)

The Action Card hand limit is reduced to three cards; all players excepting Yssaril (due to Crafty) must discard Action Cards to fit this new limit.
    In addition, Yssaril's Leadership Rider activates, allowing for three command counters to be allocated.

Discards Required
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe): 4 cards
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor): 4 cards
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo): 4 cards
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): 2 cards
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid): 2 cards

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Discard morale boost, spy, shields holding, skilled retreat

Letnev, we will not interfere with your victory. Do you want to take MR?

my hard earned cards!
    Discards:
    1.Distinguished Councilor
    2. Courageous to the End
    3. Morale Boost
    4. Direct Hit

Phyphor wrote: Β»
    Letnev, we will not interfere with your victory. Do you want to take MR?

If we wanted it, we would never have left it.

Discard Maneuvering Jets x2

we'll go +2/+1 for the CCs, I think that puts us at 3/6/1

Discard Maneuvering Jets snd Flank Speed

Looks like we just need action card discards from @38thDoe, and then we can start Round 6.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Discard direct hit direct hit morale boost Veto

38thDoE on steam

edited April 2019
    Round 6: Start of Strategy Phase

First Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Minister of Policy".
    Vote results: All players abstain.
    Yssaril breaks the tie in favor of Yssaril.
    Yssaril is elected, claiming the card.
    Second Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Executive Sanctions".
    Yssaril plays Action Card "Technology Rider" (AC 12 --> 11), predicting an outcome of AGAINST.
    Yssaril plays Action Card "Leadership Rider" (AC 11 --> 10), predicting an outcome of FOR.
    Yssaril performs a transaction, giving 3 Trade Goods to Muaat. (Yssaril TG 6 --> 3; Muaat TG 4 --> 7)
    Vote results: 20 - FOR (Letnev, Muaat), 12 - AGAINST (L1z1x, Creuss)
    The Action Card hand limit is reduced to three cards; all players excepting Yssaril (due to Crafty) must discard Action Cards to fit this new limit.
    N'orr discards "Direct Hit", "Direct Hit", "Morale Boost", and "Veto". (AC 7 --> 3)
    L1z1x discards "Morale Boost", "Shields Holding", "Skilled Retreat", and "Spy". (AC 7 --> 3)
    Creuss discards "Courageous to the End", "Direct Hit", "Distinguished Councilor", and "Morale Boost". (AC 7 --> 3)
    Letnev discards "Maneuvering Jets" and "Maneuvering Jets". (AC 5 --> 3)
    Muaat discards "Flank Speed" and "Maneuvering Jets". (AC 5 --> 3)
    Yssaril's Leadership Rider activates; Yssaril allocates 2 counters to Tactic Pool and 1 counter to Fleet Pool. (TP 1 --> 3, FP 5 --> 6)

Current Map: Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 8 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 7 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes - 6 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 6 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 3 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 1 VP

Public Objectives
    Expand Borders (1 VP): Control 6 planets in non-home systems. - Yssaril, Letnev, Muaat, L1z1x, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources. - N'orr, Muaat
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait. - Letnev, Yssaril, Creuss
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence. - Letnev, Yssaril, Muaat
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. - Muaat, Creuss, Letnev, Yssaril
    Manipulate Galactic Law (2 VP): Spend 16 influence.
    Found a Golden Age (2 VP): Spend 16 resources.
    3 Stage II Objectives remain in the line.

Secret Objectives
    The Barony of Letnev - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 2 completed:
    - Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and one or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    - Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.
    The Embers of Muaat - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 2 completed:
    - Make an Example of their World (Action Phase, 1 VP): Use Bombardment to destroy the last of a player's ground forces on a planet.
    - Cut Supply Lines (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in the same system as another player's Space Dock.
    The Yssaril Tribes - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 2 completed:
    - Spark a Rebellion (Action Phase, 1 VP): Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points
    - Control the Region (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 6 systems.
    Sardakk N'orr - 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 3 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand, 2 completed:
    - Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.
    - Mine Rare Metals (Status Phase, 1 VP): Control 4 hazardous planets.

Special Objectives
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by L1z1x.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP) - Held by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary (1 VP) - Claimed by Letnev, Round 3.
    The Crown of Emphidia (1 VP) - Held by Muaat.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 3

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 6
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Muaat's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Cruiser II, Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 7

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 5

Promissory Notes: Yssaril's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Transit Diodes, Integrated Economy, Prototype War Sun II, Destroyer II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.

The Yssaril Tribes (Lykouragh) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 10

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 6

Promissory Notes: (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Spy Net)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Transparasteel Plating, Hyper Metabolism, Mageon Implants, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    R - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Y'sia Y'ssrila: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 2, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship can move through systems that contain other players' ships.
    - Racial Technology: Transparasteel Plating (Green, requires 1 Green): During your turn of the Action Phase, players that have passed cannot play Action Cards.
    - Racial Technology: Mageon Implants (Green, requires 3 Green): Action: Exhaust this card to look at another player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand.
    - Stall Tactics: Action: Discard 1 card from your hand.
    - Scheming: When you draw 1 or more action cards, draw 1 additional action card. Then, choose and discard 1 action card from your hand.
    - Crafty: You an have any number of action cards in your hand. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Spy Net: At the start of your turn: Look at the Yssaril player's hand of Action Cards. Choose 1 of those cards and add it to your hand. Then, return this card to the Yssaril player.

Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 16

Strategy Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Tekklar Legion)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, Exotrireme II

Worlds:
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 2

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Support for the Throne (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Plasma Scoring, Duranium Armor, Assault Cannon, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Super-Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hits produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    Commodities: 2 / 4

Fleet Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Wormhole Generator, Light/Wave Deflector, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Infantry II, Carrier II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

Neutral Worlds and Overarching Game Effects
    Regulated Conscription: When a player produces units, they produce only 1 fighter or infantry for its cost instead of 2.
    Minister of Sciences: Held by Muaat. When Muaat resolves the primary or secondary ability of the "Technology" strategy card, they do not need to spend resources to research technology.
    The Crown of Emphidia: Held by Muaat. Grants 1 victory point. If a player gains control of a planet in Muaat's home system, this card and its victory point is transferred to that player.
    Minister of Peace: Held by Yssaril. After a player activates a system containing 1 or more units of a different player, Yssaril may discard this card to immediately end the active player's turn.
    Minister of Policy: Held by Yssaril. At the end of the status phase, Yssaril draws 1 action card.
    Executive Sanctions: Each player can have a maximum of 3 Action Cards in hand.

Order of Play
    The Yssaril Tribes (@Lykouragh)
    Sardakk N'orr (38thDoe)
    The L1z1x Mindnet (Phyphor)
    The Ghosts of Creuss (A Half Eaten Oreo)
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar)
    The Embers of Muaat (El Skid)

There are 3 Trade Goods on the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card and 2 Trade Goods on the (4) Construction Strategy Card; the player that selects one of these cards immediately claims the attached Trade Goods.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Imperial @38thDoe

@Phyphor did you want anything in particular?

38thDoE on steam

Warfare would be ideal but presumably you want that one

That would be ideal for me too but that’s largely moot so I’ll take leadership. @Phyphor

38thDoE on steam

Warfare