As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm going PS4 more out of fear that the Switch version won't get all the DLC. I don't have any real reason to worry about that, but I just want to make sure I get full support.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I'm PS4 myself. I'm not really into playing online very much at all, for almost any reason, but I can easily imagine the Switch version not being as feature rich, or having less content and support than the other consoles.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily Nintendo's fault, but it has been....it's been a few releases since MK even showed up on their consoles at all. I think the last good ones came out on the Gamecube.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I can see the game looking good docked, it's undocked that may have issues. It'll be fine as long as they lock framerate. It can look like butt but if it plays like butt, that's a big problem.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I'm PS4 myself. I'm not really into playing online very much at all, for almost any reason

This is why I’m currently leaning to PC. I like the idea of online fighting but I can’t see myself ever doing it, so even if the PC has a tiny community, it won’t bother me.

Also I can get the Komplete edition for like 30% less than I can find on PS4.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm PS4 myself. I'm not really into playing online very much at all, for almost any reason, but I can easily imagine the Switch version not being as feature rich, or having less content and support than the other consoles.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily Nintendo's fault, but it has been....it's been a few releases since MK even showed up on their consoles at all. I think the last good ones came out on the Gamecube.

Armaggedon came out on Wii, and that was the last on a Nintendo console.

I have no idea whether it was good or not. Led to them rebooting the series, so I guess there's that.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I know she’s probably way down on any dlc lists but I always loved Sheeva and I would love a redesign for her and a dlc slot. Put some awesome armour on her instead of the 90s borat swinsuit. But I have a feeling meleena is way more popular since people seem to be clamouring for her to come back

Prohass on
  • Options
    Sheeva is seriously in need of a redesign, both visually and story-wise.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    They’ve pretty deliberately walked back the cheesecake factor in this one huh

Women actually wearing really clothes and shit

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Quick note vis-a-vis the Switch version and anyone who likes physical media: the Switch cart for MK11 requires you to download 16GB of the rest of the game to actually play it.

So you’re saying the Switch physical version is...incomplete? Like, minus that 16 gb download, what would the game actually be.

Yep. Switch carts are more expensive to produce than a disc, so they've gone with a cheap small one (instead of a more expensive 32 gb one that could actually hold the game). So you have to download most of it even if you are buying "physically".

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    They’ve pretty deliberately walked back the cheesecake factor in this one huh

Women actually wearing really clothes and shit

They started that a bit in MKX, so I'm happy that trend is continuing

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    So apparently copies of this are actually in the wild now
    And Frost looks great!

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yeah be on guard for spoiler stuff. I wish when stuff like this happened they’d just release it. I have to wait a whole week in fear of spoilers now.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    And Frost looks great!
    I guess she isn't cyber'd after all. Was hoping the Cyber Frost rumor would pan out. That could have been really unique.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    And Frost looks great!
    I guess she isn't cyber'd after all. Was hoping the Cyber Frost rumor would pan out. That could have been really unique.
    Cyber might be a skin variant, like revenant characters.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Good point.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    And Frost looks great!
    Maybe I'm reading too much into that picture but she does look cybered up to me there. It's not the same as the classic Sektor/Cyrax design but everything below her head looks kind of robotic.

• Options
    Don't expect this will stay up long but Shao Kahn fatality:

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Don't expect this will stay up long but Shao Kahn fatality:

That's a hell of a thumbnail.
    How much you want to bet the first version of this fatality had the head flying out of the ass

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I still think the nut kick one is the cruelest

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I'll be on PS4. I think I'll get a PS+ sub once I get my fill of single player and train up.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Pre-load is a go. I've got 38.9GB of MK11 sitting on my OneX's hard drive.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Pre-load is a go. I've got 38.9GB of MK11 sitting on my OneX's hard drive.

Pre-loading a full week early. Such a damn tease, just sitting there staring us in the face.

I'm thinking about ordering the Hori Fighting Commander for Xbone to play this (I don't like playing MK games on stick):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MSEPQ55/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Does anyone have experience with it? I specifically wanted to mention the Xbox version because I've read it's a downgrade from the PS4 version, which sounds odd if true.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    I’m ok with a preload. If that means it’s easier to have the game ready for me on day one rather than waiting a big chunk of day one watching a meter fill, sure. Let’s do it.

• Options
    On that leaked secret character...
    Upon closer inspection Frost is definitely a cyborg. Check out those eyes. Must be a newer model for the Lin Kuei / Tekunin.

https://i.imgur.com/ZrDT32I.jpg

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Upon closer inspection Frost is definitely a cyborg. Check out those eyes. Must be a newer model for the Lin Kuei / Tekunin.

I'm not surprised that they'd want to modernize the robots a bit, they're a pretty boring design.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

I'm not surprised that they'd want to modernize the robots a bit, they're a pretty boring design.

Wait
    purchase frost? Is that with in game earned currency I’m guessing?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The white/blue looks more like the new time characters, Geras and Kronika to me rather than the cyber ninjas.
    There's kind of a mechanical look to her fingers, but she looks a lot less mechanical to me. Granted, it's been 20-30 years since Sektor and Cyrax, so I guess some advancement is to be expected.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular

And if she is a cyborg I hope she still bleeds red. Maybe I'm just sick, but I want the visceral thrill of the violence and I don't get that with sprays of oil. The cyborg characters really suck.... I never liked them.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Prohass wrote: »

Wait
    purchase frost? Is that with in game earned currency I’m guessing?
    You can buy her, or beat Chapter so-and-so of story mode to unlock her. She's a "secret" character.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Kind of disappointed that it looks like
    Kronika isn’t playable once you beat the game.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    The white/blue looks more like the new time characters, Geras and Kronika to me rather than the cyber ninjas.
    There's kind of a mechanical look to her fingers, but she looks a lot less mechanical to me. Granted, it's been 20-30 years since Sektor and Cyrax, so I guess some advancement is to be expected.
    It would be really interesting if the Tekunin were somehow in league with Kronika’s agenda...It’s hard for me to sort out what kind of underlings a god really ‘needs’ to accomplish goals, but since the break from the Lin Kuei and the destruction of Sektor, they haven’t been on much past ‘make more robot ninja,’ which is a respectable idea in a Mortal Kombat game, but they really gotta want something to use their roboninja for.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    It would be really interesting if the Tekunin were somehow in league with Kronika’s agenda...It’s hard for me to sort out what kind of underlings a god really ‘needs’ to accomplish goals, but since the break from the Lin Kuei and the destruction of Sektor, they haven’t been on much past ‘make more robot ninja,’ which is a respectable idea in a Mortal Kombat game, but they really gotta want something to use their roboninja for.
    One wonders if Triborg makes an appearance?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    bio.gif

I think about this bio a lot.

• Options
    I think this is a reasonable guess at how the plot's going to go. We've seen Frost next to Kronika in the trailers, we've seen Scorpion and Sub-zero fighting the Tekunin without any of their leaders appearing. It'd fit if Sub's trying to take down Frost after she's taken over the Lin Kuei and allied with Kronika.

• Options
    A mechanic we haven't seen in a very long time is back.
    https://i.imgur.com/qqNIlbG.jpg

MERCY!

Which of course makes you wonder if Animalities are back too.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    IIRC, in the Mortal Kombat setting, the gods are bound to some pretty strict "Hands off" rules that limit the amount of direct influence they can have with the mortal realms before the other gods get together to slap them down.
    It seems likely that the more powerful a god is, the tighter the restrictions on their interference. And Kronika (from what I've gathered) is a step above the Elder Gods who set the whole Mortal Kombat thing up in the first place.
    So, it seems likely that most of the game will be Kronika assembling and manipulating an army of time refugees into warping the time stream into her desired configuration with the player either working for or against her (or probably both with the heel/face turn coming when you realize what the new time line is going to look like). Then some character or other gains power sufficient to challenge her directly (or she gets slapped down when the other gods notice she's rewriting time) leading to the final combat and many controllers broken in frustration.

• Options
    I think this is a reasonable guess at how the plot's going to go. We've seen Frost next to Kronika in the trailers, we've seen Scorpion and Sub-zero fighting the Tekunin without any of their leaders appearing. It'd fit if Sub's trying to take down Frost after she's taken over the Lin Kuei and allied with Kronika.
    oh god. OF COURSE Sub-Zero is going to feel obligated to rescue Frost.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    We should be getting a DLC trailer this week if history is any indication

• Options

My hope is that
    Frost isn’t pure evil, and she’s the one who ends up betraying Kronika at a crucial moment to save everyone. It would be a great way to turn a background character into a front and center one and give her some depth. I really don’t want her to just end up being another pure villain.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »

My hope is that
    Frost isn’t pure evil, and she’s the one who ends up betraying Kronika at a crucial moment to save everyone. It would be a great way to turn a background character into a front and center one and give her some depth. I really don’t want her to just end up being another pure villain.
    Wasn't she a betrayer type kharacter in the old timeline? I vaguely recall her stabbing subzero in the back somehow.

Have any kharacters done a 180 personality wise in the new timeline? I'm not really counting Liu Kang or raiden. In both cases i think there were significant differences to influence their demeanors. Everyone else I think ended up on the same good guy/bad guy side