As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    I like they are going all out for Sisters. Army deserves it even if I have no interest in them.

Now just do the Eldar range with similar upgrades.

An Eldar update honestly can't be that far away, they're the very obvious next candidates after Sisters and Chaos. I'd guess we'll see stuff for them in either 2020 or 2021, maybe earlier depending on what happens with the Ynnari.

Just... do something with Howling Banshees, for the love of God. They used to be one of the iconic Eldar units and I haven't seen them on the tabletop for years.

Striking Scorpions still look like they are out of the Rogue Trader era.

they're out of second edition essentially

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Honestly the last thing the Sisters needed redone was the Rhino chassis, at least that's a plastic kit already, but yea sure I'll take anything.

I'm just hoping they're saving the big reveal of new units to generate hype closer to launch, the army could desperately use some new options and I'm crossing my fingers for a non-character Living Saint heavy support or Lord of War.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I bet there'll ne a bunch of new low/mid level characters. That seems do be one of the defining things about 8th edition

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Big survey to participate in:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/apr-15-big-community-survey-2019gw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

You get a chance to win a Sister of Battle army as well.

Took about 10 minutes or so.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Im hoping there will be an updated chaos transport because I hate putting together the rhino kit so much

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Honestly the last thing the Sisters needed redone was the Rhino chassis, at least that's a plastic kit already, but yea sure I'll take anything.

I'm just hoping they're saving the big reveal of new units to generate hype closer to launch, the army could desperately use some new options and I'm crossing my fingers for a non-character Living Saint heavy support or Lord of War.

Jinkies, that's being a negatory necron!

We're getting a rhino reveal right now because doing an update on the rhino is easy and so finished early Everything they did with it was cosmetic and it lets them show off an essentially completed kit that also shows some of the design flavor they're going to be putting into the updated line. All new stuff might still be undergoing revision or modification, and doesn't have a shelf-ready presentation yet.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Sisters getting a new mk1 Rhino chassis is pretty cool. My Space Marine army has a handful of mk1 based vehicles for reasons so I am hoping that the kit will be able to be de-sistered and used as a standard Rhino.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    From the preview it looks like it's plastered with iconography but maybe there'll be a more minimalist base variant rhino and and more churchy add-ons for the variants.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I'd say the non-optional parts that will be the hardest to change would be the brazier exhausts and door iconography. Does FW still sell the mk1 upgrade doors for SM chapters?

• Options
    I'd say the non-optional parts that will be the hardest to change would be the brazier exhausts and door iconography. Does FW still sell the mk1 upgrade doors for SM chapters?

I'm not sure, but it might be an angle.

On a related note, the terms and conditions list the prizes for the drawing at being valued at £250 for the Grand Prize and £35 for the ten other winners, so I guess we have an idea of how much the new Battle Sisters squad is going to cost.

• Options
    That's £10 more than a standard tac squad, and more than any standard troop box, so I wonder at the composition is going to be more than just 'ten models plus sarge.'

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    That's £10 more than a standard tac squad, and more than any standard troop box, so I wonder at the composition is going to be more than just 'ten models plus sarge.'

Same price as a box of Primaris or standard Chaos Space Marines. Their prices have been going up for new releases pretty dramatically.

• Options
    Oof, didn't think to check those for comparison. I imagine with Chaos for comparison, there's going to be a lot of options in the box, but you're going to need quite a few multiples to kit out Dominion squads and the like.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    £250 seems pretty steep for a box of Marines. Maybe I'll skip this Sisters release.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Exploding vehicles question... some of my fancy new ork buggies explode as easily as a 4+ and deal D3 mortal wounds anywhere from 3 to d6 inches.

Do you roll mortal wounds for each affected unit separately, or collectively roll one D3 and deal that many wounds to everything in range?

Snazzwagon text for reference: Explodes: If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6. On a 4+ it explodes, and each unit within D6" suffers D3 mortal wounds

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Exploding vehicles question... some of my fancy new ork buggies explode as easily as a 4+ and deal D3 mortal wounds anywhere from 3 to d6 inches.

Do you roll mortal wounds for each affected unit separately, or collectively roll one D3 and deal that many wounds to everything in range?

Snazzwagon text for reference: Explodes: If this model is reduced to 0 wounds, roll a D6. On a 4+ it explodes, and each unit within D6" suffers D3 mortal wounds

You roll for each affected unit separately.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Roll separately for each unit. Theres a couple other "explosion" type effects that are worded differently if you roll 1dice and apply the results to all units in range.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Of all the armies who need a strategem to make their vehicles auto-explode, I truly feel like Orks need one the most.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Of all the armies who need a strategem to make their vehicles auto-explode, I truly feel like Orks need one the most.

I love doing it as my Ad Mech.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    That survey was no joke. I feel a 10-man squad as compensation would be the very least they could do.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    I gave them an earful. Not all bad things. And I can see some stuff they did form last years.

But why the fucking hell have they not released a good app yet? Seriously. List writer+codexes and such all updated. I will pay money for it. Monthly or per codex or whatever.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    £250 seems pretty steep for a box of Marines. Maybe I'll skip this Sisters release.

I mean... It's not a box. The 250 is the whole army line.

• Options
    GW charging for a list builder would require some pretty compelling features since Battlescribe is free.

• Options
    GW charging for a list builder would require some pretty compelling features since Battlescribe is free.

If it meant I didn’t need 2 codices a WD a core book and a partridge in a pear tree to show up to a game it would be worth it

• Options
    That's fair, rules consolidation should be something they really work on.

• Options
    That's fair, rules consolidation should be something they really work on.

Yeah. The living ruleset is a great idea but how they've implemented it has gotten out of hand really, really quickly.

• Options

Constantly updated. All the data sheets that are correct per each of the FAQs. All your rules and stratagems in one place.

Actually the AoS app has a lot of this and it is worth the cost.

Battlescribe is fine but it can be wrong and is unofficial. A well design app can have a lot of value add. Just always being up to date alone is nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I gave them an earful. Not all bad things. And I can see some stuff they did form last years.

But why the fucking hell have they not released a good app yet? Seriously. List writer+codexes and such all updated. I will pay money for it. Monthly or per codex or whatever.

Yeah, for 'what would I really like to see,' a digital, consolidated, easily searchable/indexed ruleset. I didn't call out Infinity rule's wiki and army builder by name, but I referenced it's capabilities pretty strongly.

• Options

Yeah, for 'what would I really like to see,' a digital, consolidated, easily searchable/indexed ruleset. I didn't call out Infinity rule's wiki and army builder by name, but I referenced it's capabilities pretty strongly.

I called out their AoS app. Which is really close already.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Ok, that's what I thought re: explosions, but it came up in a match the other day.

Playing a test match for a charity tourney this summer, my orks against my buddies grey knights. I've never rolled so poorly before, like ever for three turns straight.

The only rolls I did make were my explosion rolls, every vehicle and dread on the board exploded in two turns of shooting and melee. They dealt mortal wounds to everything he had on the board, and to my other vehicles, and it literally evened the field wound for wound to what he'd done in combat. A snazzwagon explosion even kicked off a deff dread explosion that killed one of his characters and dealt three mortal wounds to his grandmaster and stormraven.

The end result was him left with a baby-carrier grandmaster and a hovering storm raven, I had two groups of grots and a 'uge mob of boyz which proceeded to board and destroy the stormraven in one turn of melee.

I won on points due to Grots hiding near objectives.... a very Orky match I suppose.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    For vehicle explosions, does the damage carry over? If the explosion hits a squad of five 1 wound units and does 3 mortal wounds do three models die or just one? I know normally damage doesn't carry over but I wasn't sure if it was different for explosions.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    For vehicle explosions, does the damage carry over? If the explosion hits a squad of five 1 wound units and does 3 mortal wounds do three models die or just one? I know normally damage doesn't carry over but I wasn't sure if it was different for explosions.

Mortal wounds are the special case and carry over, so three models would die. If the same unit got hit by Smite for three mortal wounds, then again three models would die.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    So mortal wounds are basically over-penetrating/cleaving?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

I mean... It's not a box. The 250 is the whole army line.

I was trying to make witty social commentary about GW prices.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/apr-15-big-community-survey-2019gw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/

11) If winners who are residents of Canada are drawn, they must correctly answer a skilltesting question in order to win a prize, in accordance with Canadian law.
    ….what?! lol.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    SharpyVII wrote: »

11) If winners who are residents of Canada are drawn, they must correctly answer a skilltesting question in order to win a prize, in accordance with Canadian law.
    ….what?! lol.

it's a canadian gambling law

it goes for stuff like gameshows and the lotto too

the premise is that technically you were skill-tested and won that way, rather than random chance

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Mortal wounds are the special case and carry over, so three models would die. If the same unit got hit by Smite for three mortal wounds, then again three models would die.

Cool, thank you. I think we played that wrong when I ran a Necron list with the intent to let things explode but next time there will be no survivors.

So what happens if you fail the skill test? And what kind of skills do they test?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    So what happens if you fail the skill test? And what kind of skills do they test?

You have to write an essay on who the greatest five hockey players of all time are.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Cool, thank you. I think we played that wrong when I ran a Necron list with the intent to let things explode but next time there will be no survivors.

That's what I was wondering. I gathered it was anti-gambling, but, what if I get it wrong?!

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

That's what I was wondering. I gathered it was anti-gambling, but, what if I get it wrong?!

Then I'd suspect you'll be very sorey aboot it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
This discussion has been closed.