As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    jubal if ur using ngamahu i have done a lot of cast on crit builds with it i call it "cocballs" because u can put coc in ur chest and then a 7-link coc setup in the axe itself so the molten bursts proc spells as well as ur main attack, its double the coc, and u can do like gmp on the axe with thresholded magma orb and its balls EVERYWHERE

obF2Wuw.png
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    last scion overleech build i attempted didn't work : /

Here's my build for it:

Skill tree

Account link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rockell

Character is jrx_bde

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    The Phantasms scale off of spell dmg as well so youd have to nerf that to go melee.

Fair.

I enjoyed my Cyclone build a lot so I'm just sorting out different things that could be done well in advance of being able to test them.

Wave of conviction CnC Cyclone Avatar of Fire Ngahamu Chief/Scion.

If I did that, I'd totally go Scion for the overleech on Slayer and just go to town on fools.

Yeah I was thinking that or pathfinder or raider or elementalist.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Here's my build for it:

Skill tree

Character is jrx_bde

i was going for something more juggernauty

fuck gendered marketing
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Here's my build for it:

Skill tree

Character is jrx_bde

i was going for something more juggernauty

? Like an indestructible killing machine that just can power through anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRlHn5UCQKs

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I used the fire/ice box promo when spending points to get my mystic boots and finish this look

mujhdj9yhfr1.jpg

GGG sure does make pretty MTX I tell you what

edited April 2019
    They do. I kind of want that extinction set they just released.

Jubal77 on
  • RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Ok so I am a bit late to the party due to irl things, but I am thinking of starting this league up. I know little about it and I completely missed last league, so I dont know much of the changes or the consequences of them. I am seeking advice for a decent build that is reasonably easy to use/build due to not having even 6 hours a day to put in. I also have a limitation as far as not being able to do super rapid clicking because of my hands. Thanks for any help rendered.

PS- I have heard Winter orb is a choice from a stream I was watching. Any guide recommendations , I have or used it before. Thank you again.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
    Ok so I am a bit late to the party due to irl things, but I am thinking of starting this league up. I know little about it and I completely missed last league, so I dont know much of the changes or the consequences of them. I am seeking advice for a decent build that is reasonably easy to use/build due to not having even 6 hours a day to put in. I also have a limitation as far as not being able to do super rapid clicking because of my hands. Thanks for any help rendered.

PS- I have heard Winter orb is a choice from a stream I was watching. Any guide recommendations , I have or used it before. Thank you again.

So there are a few options for strong builds with little apm. I myself have issues with arthritis so it’s a thing I often consider. Personally I’m p much witch 4 life so my suggestions will all kind of run that way.

So winter orb is a channeled skill, you build it up by holding down button then you run around and it kills things for you. It does require a decent amount of movement to really take advantage of but it basically plays like a more forgiving blade vortex.

Summoner builds usually require very minimal click click click and are always fairly strong except for possibly end-of-end game bosses (which just kind of kill all your dudes and then you have to resummon them which does make for frantic clickfest action)

Soulrend is a new skill with mechanics that are great for people with bad hands: the projectiles have limited seeking ability and the skill does most of its damage through a dot so doesn’t benefit from spamming. There are a few options of potential builds here, usually pairing it with bane or essence drain or blight. It’s a bit necessary to do that because it is otherwise p slow against bosses

fuck gendered marketing
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Was slowed a bit by work, but now I hit level 95 and smacked down Minotaur, Phoenix and Chimera handily. My Soulrend is approaching 150K tooltip, I have 6.5K life, 2100 ES, EB and MoM. Now I need to 6L that goddamn Perfect Form so I can use both Arctic Armor and Grace, maybe switch my amulet for a Solstice Vigil so I don't have to apply Temp Chain with Bane.

Here, by the by, is the Pastebin for my Soulrend Trickster. I am not utterly certain about all the sockets but I can't get too fancy or complicated. Apart from Gloves, Amulet and the Chest, I don't really know what to focus on now. Any suggestions are welcome! I know there are things like Onslaught rings and better wands to Synthesize/craft when I go for real optimization, but that is a bit too dear at the moment.

https://pastebin.com/Fcxt7wH9
    In December 2017, we introduced the Map Stash Tab, which allows players to conveniently store up to 72 of every type of Map from a specific series. At the time it was introduced, there were four series of maps. Late last year, we started introducing a new series of maps from the Betrayal release onwards. While this doesn't affect League players, it had bad consequences for Standard players. This news post explains what we're doing about it.

The problem for Standard players is that when the latest league migrates to Standard, their Map Stash Tab is set to hold maps from the last series, so new maps can't be inserted. It's also probably full of Maps from that last series and the series can't be changed unless the tab is empty...

Our solution to this problem is to add a button that both updates the series of the Map Stash Tab to the most recent one, but also bulk-converts all of the maps in it into equivalent ones at the right tiers from the new series.

For the few players trying to collect sets of maps from old series, they would be free to remove the old maps they want to collect for posterity before they perform the bulk conversion.

We expect this change to be implemented before the Synthesis League ends, so that players can use it immediately when the next migration occurs. We are very sorry for the time it has taken to make this solution happen.

Absalon on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, I need to get a map tab something fierce.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited April 2019

Trickster Winter Orb may be a bit less damage than Elementalist but its much more tanky.

Here is my PoB. https://pastebin.com/McCm2nsY

Room for improvement as I make more one size fits all builds so you can modify this pretty easily for whatever channelling spell you want to use. It worked great for Storm Burst (which did much more dmg) and Divine Ire. Its a middle ground build. The swap is Increased AoE for Conc Effect.

Jubal77 on
    Brody wrote: »

Map tab is right behind currency and ahead of fragment in usefulness.

Map tab is right behind currency and ahead of fragment in usefulness.

currency is like, all but absolutely necessary

fuck gendered marketing
    How hard would it be to swap a DI tree for Soulrend/Bane? Just swapping damage nodes, work on hitting some bonus curse node?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

How hard would it be to swap a DI tree for Soulrend/Bane? Just swapping damage nodes, work on hitting some bonus curse node?

Depends on the specific tree. Do you have a link?

fuck gendered marketing

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

Character named KorvDIckster (God I shouldn't name characters after staying up super late)

edited April 2019

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beards/characters

Character named KorvDIckster (God I shouldn't name characters after staying up super late)

looks like a good 30+ respec with some significant rerouting necessary.

soulrend/bane means all the channeling and crit strike nodes are worthless as well as the elemental damage nodes, and you're pathing through some of those so yeah

edit: also swift killer is not great for soulrend/bane, you really want patient reaper/prolonged pain

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    I forgot about the crit stuff, oh well, I'll do it next season maybe

yeah soulrend only crits for like 10% of its total damage and bane doesn't crit at all

fuck gendered marketing

yeah soulrend only crits for like 10% of its total damage and bane doesn't crit at all

Thats fine, if I do it next league I can do a witch

edited April 2019
    So since I had all the pieces I decided to try CoC cyclone Wave. I got Scion up to 40s before I tired of the squishiness. So instead of swapping to Chief I instead went to Jugg. So CoC Cyclone Jugg is being leveled and ill tell you how it goes when I get there. Should have about 60% or so crit and 94-95% change to hit. And 500k shaper deeps on the cyclone alone. Add in the balls and, what I hope is Onnitech style waves as I crit through packs, should mean fun times.

Jubal77 on
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    So since I had all the pieces I decided to try CoC cyclone Wave. I got Scion up to 40s before I tired of the squishiness. So instead of swapping to Chief I instead went to Jugg. So CoC Cyclone Jugg is being leveled and ill tell you how it goes when I get there. Should have about 60% or so crit and 94-95% change to hit. And 500k shaper deeps on the cyclone alone. Add in the balls and, what I hope is Onnitech style waves as I crit through packs, should mean fun times.

These are impressive numbers. Do you have a PoB?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
    Griswold wrote: »

These are impressive numbers. Do you have a PoB?

Not at work I will see if I saved it when I get home. Those numbers did include abysus because Juggy. Without it you can take off like 120k or so. Thing is the numbers arent really inflated just soo much fire pen that the dps from cyclone will translate directly.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I put a Vertex and a Perfect Form on my Trickster and did merciless lab

I face tanked a rippy T11 boss and he couldn't hit me. This shit is so broken I love it

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Flaskfinder, 15K dps, 1.6K health at 70.

I am soooo undergeared.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I'm on a business trip now, so can't play for a few days. But before I left, I ran Red Elder and his guardians. Then did all four Shaper guardians and Shaper to get my Elder Orb. I got Impressence with Despair, which is worth about half an exalt atm and is my 2nd highest value drop this league. First being a +1 fractured bow. I've had no pure exalt drops despite having two level 92 characters.

edited April 2019
    The only problem is I need another bunch of levels before I can break 1k Strength, and that's with 50+ STR on both my rings and my belt, and Alberon's Warpath.

I have an empty Abyss socket and two empty tree sockets, with more on the way. I think I'll just throw some +26 STR jewels in them for now, that'll get me to 1000 faster.

On the plus side, once I get my spectres and AG set up tonight, I'll be at 650k dps from skeletons, maybe another 250k from zombies.

Edit: looks like I only need 6 more levels (to pick up two more sockets), 3 jewels with +25 STR apiece, and two more Efficient Training jewels. That'll put me at 1020 STR, and as I continue to level and pick up more +Life% nodes I'll be able to put in minion utility jewels instead of the three +25 STR jewels.

Rius on
    @Brody do you need a cheap 6S5L Geofri's Sanctuary for your Baronmancer? I bought a second suit to try and 6L it and hit the 6S5L very quickly

Rius wrote: »
    @Brody do you need a cheap 6S5L Geofri's Sanctuary for your Baronmancer? I bought a second suit to try and 6L it and hit the 6S5L very quickly

Sure, I probably won't be on until tomorrow at the earliest.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    FIRST TIME: SHAPER DOWN.

I thought this was going to be straightforward, but now I get it - very painful projectiles and AoEs to consider. I died four times on my first try.

However:

yyb442wvi0qn.png

Neat.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    congrats! shaper is always a very fun goal

hit the lotto too!

J3qcnBP.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Logged in to do a quick map. Map spawned a Zana. Zana map was triple breach and spawned an abyss and a round of Syndicate. The abyss had a lich in it. Longest quick map of my life.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    So I hit 37 challenges about a week ago and I've been slooooowly working on the last 3.

2,401/5,000 Perandus coins
    I have all my coins but Cadiro exists only in dreams. Someone pointed out that the flashback event at the end of the league may have easier access to him. I'm not 100% sure that stuff in those events will work for challenges but I think they did last time they did an event like that.

57,047/75,000 Map quant
    Like ~200 more maps. I think I do about 100 a week so I'll get there eventually. It would even be cheesable by just alching City Squares and running straight to the boss.

383/500 Einhar beasts
    20/40 Safehouses
    37/100 Void bosses
    51/500 Lab chests
    98.8/100 Level
    345/600 Delve depth

I should run into enough Einhars doing my last 200 maps that it finishes up on its own.
    450 chests is like 65ish full key runs and I've got over 100 offerings, I just need to sit down and grind it out.
    Boss count really just requires me to be less lazy about going back to the void when they spawn. It's really tedious though, so I'll probably get to 60ish and buy the last 40 in channel 820.
    Once I hit 99, it'll cost 15-20ex or so worth of Pure Chayula Breachstone rotations to get to 100. That sounds like a lot but it should be both easier and cheaper than the alternatives.
    Safehouses I could farm by running Jun prophecies, and it might help with my Cadiro issues by picking up some Janus rewards, but that would still take a ton of time and they're 40c a pop.
    Buying sulphite scarabs and then doing the delving is probably both more effort and more expensive than doing the Jun thing.

Going to 40/40 in this league is commendable as shit

I think I might hit 12, lol

The grinds one is always stupid, all of my 40/40 leagues have eventually required sitting in 820 and buying people's Liches/Elder Guardians/Memory Bosses/etc.

The Cadiro one I think they just took Perandus off the Zana mods and didn't adjust the numbers afterward.

I feel like I'm having a hard time progressing with maps, just getting anything besides T4's to drop. Is there something besides alch n go that I'm missing?

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    (buy maps)

J3qcnBP.png
    I bounced off Synthesis hard this league.

I'm currently grinding through Sekiro. I imagine I'll probably be back next league but I just can't seem to muster the desire on this one.