As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So I decided to up the difficulty up to hard and do a random stronghold. First chest dropped a 58 power Wyvern Blitz. +6% max armor, +50% weapon ammo, - 35% aim recoil, and +13%sniper damage. And some thing about doing more damage while hovering that I'll never use, lol. But now I'm 407 😁

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the damage while hovering thing is pretty nuts on the stronghold boss fights, cause you can usually hover for the damage burst bits

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    And then in my second run, the last boss dropped a masterwork Avenging Herald. Up to 431. Do purps only go up to 35? I'm not too keen on running a sniper / pistol setup, so it'll be interesting to see how it works until I can get some kind of AR or LMG.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Wow, a Legendary Artinia’s Gambit LMG dropped for me, with +250% physical damage, +125% weapon damage and +12% Mag Size :eek:

Now all my classes can have their own autocannon with 112 bullets and 3000-4000 damage per bullet :biggrin:

Time to go through all my other MW to see if they give +LMG damage and/or +weapon mag size (not with a cog).

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    When I saw the job posting over at reddit I thought it was a joke cooked up by someone bored and frustrated. I think overall it's very good news, even if it takes time to see results.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I mean its good news they are hiring more people for the game to fix the part people have an issue with? Oh noes they actually care about things being sub optimal.

I wish division 2 hired some people for those positions.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I got a sticky nade with a total of +300% gear charges, which is fun. I wish my ranger could throw them faster though, it seems like there’s always a 3-4 second delay

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    The unfortunate part is if they have to hire someone to fix their loot, then you're looking at quite a long time before you'll actually get this fix.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I still prefer to see a company realising their is an issue and working in a reasonable way to correct that than to bury their head in the sand and try to pretend there is not an issue.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    If anything, it's proof that they're planning on supporting the game for awhile. Even if it may not be fixed tomorrow, if they're hiring some people to come in and fix it it's doubtful that they're contemplating shutting the whole thing down at this point.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    True, it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I hope they can get started quickly.

• Options
    No Man's Sky turned it around, but I don't know if this crew has that kind of dedication.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    While I'm sure that some of these people will have been keeping tabs on things and have ideas on how to tweak/implement them already, agreed, this won't be a quick fix. Getting them integrated into the team, pitching ideas, having them go through iterative processes, finding what works and what doesn't, it's not going to happen overnight. I think it's safe to say we're talking on a time scale of months (weeks seems unlikely) to take applications, hire, integrate, and get the ball rolling.

In the meantime, I'm sure they'll do things to help get it into a better place. It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be better.

I'm no designer, but it seems that they could take at least a little inspiration from other games and get things improving. Have a way to 'reroll' a single inscription, similar to Diablo 3's system for doing so. You'd be locked into only ever re-rolling that one, but would get to pick from a handful of results, or stick with what you have. And/or look to Fortnite's Save the World campaign and allow us to spend crafting materials to enhance the rolls on an item, or change the inscription entirely. Make either of these costly enough in resources to be done with care, but not so egregious that the system can't even really be used (Fortnite hit this problem initially). Basically, it doesn't need to be a path to 'omg overnight perfect godroll everything!', but a way to let players turn 'meh' drops into 'okay, pretty good, not perfect, but this I can use'.

Maybe allow for non-reusable blueprints for Legendaries. Basically, open up access to them to a degree, but make it costly enough that again, people aren't just immediately rocking full legendaries after the patch drops. Perhaps bought with final boss tokens (further incentivize people finishing the stupid strongholds), and costly enough to make that you're really trading resources for that choice.

How does one extend the loot grind treadmill? Level cap increase (yearly?) to give people new things to strive for.

Like, as I said, I'm not a designer, I'm sure we can throw hundreds of ideas at the wall, and similarly shoot them down, but the point I'm trying to make is that it need not be perfect to be better, and that there are plenty of games who have stumbled, struggled, even failed, but eventually improved all the same. And I think this one can too.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I got a sticky nade with a total of +300% gear charges, which is fun. I wish my ranger could throw them faster though, it seems like there’s always a 3-4 second delay

I've gotten the MW nade and I've just gotten to the point where I'll prime a dude, throw the nade at'em and move on to the next dude I want dead. If the nade misses or doesn't finish him off I'll move back to that first dude later, because it does feel like a nearly five second delay before the nade plays out. Wasn't sure if this was another bug or business as usual, but I swear half the time the second dude is dead before the first dude/nade resolves.

Edit: specifically, feels like there's a delay in throwing in addition to an expected delay in exploding. Just feels weird.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    the thing that keeps tripping me up is that like, there seems to be a delay between when you detonate one primer and when you can detonate another, even if you apply another one right after

which I guess makes sense because otherwise combos on tough enemies would be more or less continuous; I was still hoping I'd be able to just spam out sticky nades in between ralnar's bursts and detonate combos each time, but it doesn't seem to work that way really.

Still fun to be able to almost continuously toss grenades out though

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Once a status is applied you can’t detonate from the same status type until it falls off.

I usually go ralnersx5, detonate, ice grenade (wipes fire, applies ice) detonate, ralnersx5 (applies fire, wipes ice) detonate. Etc.

Depending on mob type apply melees sporadically and detonate those too.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Once a status is applied you can’t detonate from the same status type until it falls off.

I usually go ralnersx5, detonate, ice grenade (wipes fire, applies ice) detonate, ralnersx5 (applies fire, wipes ice) detonate. Etc.

Depending on mob type apply melees sporadically and detonate those too.

This is why the ice storm/fury of a thousand suns build on storms work so well. Ice primer flame detonator you can basically just alternate for victory.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I wonder how big a deal it'd be to allow the game to connect to their servers on launch.
    Instead of launching, waiting a bit, and then having to press space to connect.

If they're worried about idle sessions, they can just disconnect idle users after a while.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    I wonder how big a deal it'd be to allow the game to connect to their servers on launch.

If they're worried about idle sessions, they can just disconnect idle users after a while.

I think to some extent it is there to give you the option to go to settings before fully launching into the game. Otherwise if you were having some graphic issue were things were set wrong or too high you would actually have to fully load into game to modify anything. It would be nice if there was a checkbox to just auto log in but I think the whole hit space thing is intentionally done as a safety feature.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

And their anti-idle thing is already pretty aggressive, I think I've been booted to the login screen within like 5 minutes of idling when I went to go pick up something from the kitchen.

• Options
    Here I thought I missed their livestream but it turns out it'll happen next week. Apparently a fiber line was cut near their office and they couldn't stream today.

• Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    Here I thought I missed their livestream but it turns out it'll happen next week. Apparently a fiber line was cut near their office and they couldn't stream today.

Wow talk about bad luck. I'm sure the usual suspects are shitting on them all the same for something literally out of their control.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Wow talk about bad luck. I'm sure the usual suspects are shitting on them all the same for something literally out of their control.

O way worse, some are going full internet detective to try and prove Bioware are lying about it for some reason.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

The subreddit is real bad right now. Literally nobody understands how scheduling works or that this patch wasn't coming out today anyway. I get being bummed, I'd like to hear about the new stronghold too! But yikes.

I honestly think that subreddit is no longer useful, it's just a toxic pit at this point and I can't blame BioWare for avoiding it like the plague it is now. Seriously, if you want reddit gold you only need to come up with some conspiracy theory on how it's impossible for fiber lines to get cut and post it there right now. I wish I was joking.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Some people have a really unhealthy obsession with love-hating Anthem. They hate it so much but can't stop commenting or "staying up until 3am to get a few laughs from the live stream".

Mate, you have a serious issue if this game is running your life like that.

• Options
    Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Some people have a really unhealthy obsession with love-hating Anthem. They hate it so much but can't stop commenting or "staying up until 3am to get a few laughs from the live stream".

It's because, for some reason, people thrive on being edgelords. I get not liking something, we're all different and what one person likes another hates. What I don't get is the need to proclaim your hatred of something to everyone on the planet.

Years ago, I came up with what I call "Rule #1 of the Internet". For everything that you love, there is someone else who hates it and hates you for liking it.

• Options
    Yea wow that sub is terrible.

The game isn’t even that bad. I’ve cranked up to running everything on gm2 and it’s way more fun. Do most of the dailies about 4-5 times a week. Sure new content would be good and somethings aren’t ideal, but it’s still pretty fun and cranked up on max it looks amazing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I play anthem and division 2 daily, I definitely find my time more enjoyable in Anthem over division 2. I'd love more content, but the basic loop is fun enough right now.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Ear3nd1l wrote: »
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

It's because, for some reason, people thrive on being edgelords. I get not liking something, we're all different and what one person likes another hates. What I don't get is the need to proclaim your hatred of something to everyone on the planet.

Years ago, I came up with what I call "Rule #1 of the Internet". For everything that you love, there is someone else who hates it and hates you for liking it.

Yeah, I got no problem with hating something; and I can even kind of understand the proclaiming your hate; but where you start to lose me is when you hate me for not hating something, or try to tell me that I really do hate it and am just pretending to like it for Reasons.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    r/lowsodiumanthem is where most of the actual players have migrated to. It's a much better sub

• Options
    Honestly gaming hate online is going nuts. Like I watched some well known streamers playing the new wwz game and they were getting like super bad lag at first until they hid the ingame server that the game inexplicably showed up. People were ddos'ing their server because wwz is an epic exclusive and they wanted to make it look bad, swear to christ people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I've seen a couple of stories about a 1000 person survey a user created on the Anthem Reddit. You can imagine the results of that survey considering how toxic that subreddit is. The user could have also posted the survey to lowsodium but he didn't bother to.

I've altogether stopped going to the Reddit because of how circlejerky it is with it's hatred of the game. Lowsodiumanthem isn't particularly active but it is overwhelmingly positive. Plus, the people there actually play the game.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Reddit has some really dark corners....

Then again, maybe I'm just an old man yelling at clouds.

Ear3nd1l on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    got my first masterwork... Thunderbolt of Yvenia. All I had to do was aimlessly run around in circles trampling on scorpions.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I got 3 leggos in just 30 mins yesterday.

After 3 weeks of nothing!

Sadly they're all for the same item I already have a leggo for. -_-'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Cormac wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of stories about a 1000 person survey a user created on the Anthem Reddit. You can imagine the results of that survey considering how toxic that subreddit is. The user could have also posted the survey to lowsodium but he didn't bother to.

I've altogether stopped going to the Reddit because of how circlejerky it is with it's hatred of the game. Lowsodiumanthem isn't particularly active but it is overwhelmingly positive. Plus, the people there actually play the game.

I filled in that survey. Results weren’t as bad as you would think.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I got 3 leggos in just 30 mins yesterday.

After 3 weeks of nothing!

Sadly they're all for the same item I already have a leggo for. -_-'

My pappa pump legendary collection sympathises with you.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    It's not as bad, but this past week I've gotten 3 of the MW Acid darts for ranger, and my only legendary was also the Acid Darts (with 100% extra in the gear, so maybe it has five?! Idk, I never use it. between the MW guns and components all working together to prime so well [and ranger melee priming], sadly i NEED MW/L detonators far more. One of the only Purples I'm still using is a Pulse Beam for the detonator).

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm taking a break but still happy with the game. I jump in every now and again when I get the itch. I'd be surprised if they were still on track with their original roadmap at this point though? Not that it upsets me in any way, but I'm guessing the original round of problems and bug fixes (and ongoing bug fixes) have probably pushed back new features a bit.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I finally reached level 26, and having unlocked Storm... now have all the javelins. Catching up to you guys! :pop:

edit: first mission on the storm and I got my second MW... a Thunderbolt of Yvenia... the chase heats up! lol...

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”