As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Because Kraft is fighting the release.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Is it really necessary to publicly release them? Seems like something that should be shown in a jury trial

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to publicly release them? Seems like something that should be shown in a jury trial

The dude literally turned down the cushiest plea deal in existence, that included not releasing that tape, to maintain innocence, which is blatantly false, because he is rich and white.

They are going scorched earth

Transporter on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

It's absolutely necessary, the rich who exploit people the way that fucker does every moment of his life deserve it

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    but why

TL;DR he made a public apology for this thing he keeps saying he didn't do despite it being on video, refused to take a plea admitting to guilt that would have let him off fairly easy and mayyyyyyy have resulted in the video never seeing daylight, then filed motions to suppress* the video under the grounds that his privacy was invaded by the corrupt lying police search and they should have had to prosecute him via something other than video evidence (none of which cited anything about Florida caselaws, which was why they all were dismissed very easily). So now the video evidence is going to be released

*btw, opposition to the motions to suppress (aka media requesting it be released) included in addition to the aforementioned Boston Globe: ABC, Inc; The Associated Press; ESPN, Inc.; Gannett Co., Inc., GateHouse Media LLC, and The McClatchy Company (local papers across Florida); The New York Times Company; Orlando Sentinel Communications Company, LLC; Sun-Sentinal Company, LLC; and TEGNA (local TV station)

Dude's been stunningly arrogant, ignorant, and incompetent throughout this endeavor, and that goes for his lawyers too who have straight up cited California caselaw reasoning for why his Florida case should be thrown out

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    those should probably be released but also I personally really don't want to watch a video of crusty old rich guys buying HJs

I automatically assumed the "but why" was asking why it's getting released. It's fairly obvious sane people like us posters aren't going to watch the tape when it's available

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    those should probably be released but also I personally really don't want to watch a video of crusty old rich guys buying HJs

I'm beginning to question your commitment to JUSTICE.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    but why

Public humiliation.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

I'm beginning to question your commitment to JUSTICE.

zero. it's zero.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

You don't have to watch it

It needs to be publicly available, so he can't deny it

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular

You don't have to watch it

It needs to be publicly available, so he can't deny it

When has a publicly available video ever stopped a rich white man from denying its existence?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The Florida Sunshine Laws are basically the reason Florida Man is a meme. That means a rich dude gets to be embarrassed just as much as all the poor white trash over the years who got put on blast for chasing crocodiles on their lawn tractors while drunk.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I won't be able to get a good night sleep unless I know for sure that my hog is bigger than Robert Kraft's.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    The Florida Sunshine Laws are basically the reason Florida Man is a meme. That means a rich dude gets to be embarrassed just as much as all the poor white trash over the years who got put on blast for chasing crocodiles on their lawn tractors while drunk.

You know I read this and all I keep trying to figure out if it involved a drunk person on a tractor chasing crocodiles, or a person chasing a drunk crocodile who has unfortunately stolen their tractor. Either way is believable as a Florida Man story.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    As knitdan said, it's being released because that is the law in Florida, and Kraft shouldn't be treated differently just because he has money and gave his promise ring to the President.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Schedules are up!

Yep

Those sure are some game schedules.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dolphins are barely leaving FL in the Pre-Season, so that's nice, I guess.

sig.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gronk is probably the only player who can get away with this without people making a stink

umayev6z9iyn.jpg

That is...that is so very on brand.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    It is singlehandedly the most Boston thing to ever exist

I'm trying to think of a counter-argument and coming up empty here.

edited April 2019
    NFL Sunday Ticket is being shopped. Likely Disney or Amazon
    NBC News wrote:
    What's Next: Goodell has the option to end the League's exclusivity deal with AT&T at the end of the 2019 season, and said last month that he's "looking to see how we can change the delivery."

• Disney and Amazon are top prospective buyers, while Google has wavered and Netflix has taken a hard pass, sources with knowledge of the NFL's discussions say.

• "What could Disney add to their arsenal to be distinct in the market?" one source asked. "Every out-of-market NFL game."

• "Google has been on and off," the source said.

• "The NFL always wanted [Netflix chief] Reed [Hastings] to be interested and he never was."

Sweeney Tom on
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    probably because the NFL will be gone in 10 years

no wants to fuck with CTE

Xehalus on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The league isn't going anywhere that fast but it's not the sure fire investment it used to be

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist

Wants to set a record for losing games in two different leagues. Bold.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    NBC News wrote:
    What's Next: Goodell has the option to end the League's exclusivity deal with AT&T at the end of the 2019 season, and said last month that he's "looking to see how we can change the delivery."

• Disney and Amazon are top prospective buyers, while Google has wavered and Netflix has taken a hard pass, sources with knowledge of the NFL's discussions say.

• "What could Disney add to their arsenal to be distinct in the market?" one source asked. "Every out-of-market NFL game."

• "The NFL always wanted [Netflix chief] Reed [Hastings] to be interested and he never was."

@Sweeney Tom Do you have a link to the full article? My attempts at googling it have failed so far.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Wants to set a record for losing games in two different leagues. Bold.

He still technically has a winning record as a head coach. This is his opportunity to undue that and he only needs the league to last 8 games to succeed.

Though 8 may prove difficult for him to nail down as it's right in between 7 and 9

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    shalmelo wrote: »
    NBC News wrote:

Sweeney Tom Do you have a link to the full article? My attempts at googling it have failed so far.

https://link.nbcnews.com/view/5bdb51a22c885e5d2e12e6e49w40o.18d/e14ce7de

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So it sounds like Tyreek Hill's kids has been removed from his and his fiancee's custody.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    never trust scouts

Xehalus on
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Charge of the Light Brigade, Raiders edition

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    One of the scouts is actually a Skrull.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    As knitdan said, it's being released because that is the law in Florida, and Kraft shouldn't be treated differently just because he has money and gave his promise ring to the President.

days late, but this actually does explain it thank you

I thought it was just weird that evidence was being put out publicly, but if that's the law in Florida then okay whatevs

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, it's called the Sunshine Law, and is actually a big reason why the "Florida Man" mythos exists, because newspapers know if they need to pad out their paper, they can just call up and get info on criminals from Florida.

Goose! on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »

You know I read this and all I keep trying to figure out if it involved a drunk person on a tractor chasing crocodiles, or a person chasing a drunk crocodile who has unfortunately stolen their tractor. Either way is believable as a Florida Man story.

It’s just believable enough to be a real story even though I made it up as an example of weird stuff Florida Man gets up to.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    that feels like an extremely russell wilson thing to do

This discussion has been closed.