As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Is there a kill reaction button?

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    The Capcom Arcade Classic thingy comes with octogates preinstalled, just in case you were one of the 3 guys still thinking about buying one

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/2e29qKa7jgI

Now that's a blackbeard character

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I can't even see what you linked from work, but I can imagine it.

Real question is if it's a character I'm also thinking of using.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    functional taunts?? functional taunts!?????

he looks really cool. i expect the damage is pretty high too.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The fatality is kinda dumb; they should have had him tee up, and golf swing it parallel to the collarbones. But I like the take of making the big bad have a comparatively simple, understated way of fighting. Just being a big scary expert warrior. Even the way he uses the shapechanging weapon they gave him isn't anywhere near as flashy as Azwel from Soul Calibur VI, for example. It's kind of refreshing compared to the usual trend with fighting game bosses.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    D'vorah has the best fatality they have ever done or ever will do

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

Does he just have Unlimited Blade Works but for hammers?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    templewulf wrote: »

Does he just have Unlimited Blade Works but for hammers?

It's also a spear sometimes.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Someone on Resetera got the Switch version of MK11, looks really good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNJXk1lFMWM

bloodyroarxx on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Launch trailer has... good music

https://youtu.be/lQFZC6dzauM

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuuck.

They found the perfect way to get me hyped for this game.

Also Cyrax, Sektor and Sheeva appear

edited April 2019

Also both PC editions still on sale for 30% off at Green Man Gaming with code FATALITY I just bought the premium edition for 93 CAD

bloodyroarxx on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Launch trailer has... good music

https://youtu.be/lQFZC6dzauM

This is the greatest fucking thing

Also Sheeva! And she actually has clothes!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I still don't even like Mortal Kombat, but that trailer is fucking good.
    Could they just make a new movie using the game engine and characters? Because I'd watch that to for major nostalgia. :P

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This will be the third new MK movie they've made with the engine

6F32U1X.png
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    this was a no no, and I should have known better tbh

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    You can't talk about that here.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Wait, did nobody post the Darli Dagger trailer? She has some real cool moves.

https://youtu.be/THocP-CdmSk

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    I started watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and suddenly Gill, Urien, and Necalli make a lot more sense

I thought they were weird unique original ideas but turns out they just yanked them outta this

6F32U1X.png
    edited April 2019
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I started watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and suddenly Gill, Urien, and Necalli make a lot more sense

I thought they were weird unique original ideas but turns out they just yanked them outta this

Capcom owes a pretty massive conceptual debt to the larger JJBA franchise. Like, Juri Han is my favorite new addition to SF since III, but her appearance in IV is pretty heavily based on Jolene Kujo, isn't it? I feel like they had stuff going back to the 90's based on it, too. Guile was inspired by Polnareff, Stroheim, and J. Geil, for instance. Rose is Lisa Lisa, and Dhalsim's stretchy limbs were inspired by a ripple technique (according to one of the devs in an interview). Donovan from Dark Stalkers' spirit summoning was inspired by Stands. Moriah from D&D: Shadow Over Mystara is supposedly influenced by Mariah's design.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    You can't talk about that here.
    My bad, no offense intended.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular

Yeah, Capcom are big fans. They also made the PS1 JoJo fighting game.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Juri was clearly based on Rita Repulsa.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Odin wrote: »

JoJo I think has just been fairly influential in general though. Although just being as long-running as it has makes that inevitable.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

JoJo I think has just been fairly influential in general though. Although just being as long-running as it has makes that inevitable.

Like how Miura just refuses to finish his series, so he gets a lot of credit for Dark Souls.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i am big time excited for mortal kombat

it seems like it's gonna be just a great video game and it's the first time i've watched an nrs game and thought "man that looks really good" the whole time

lfYVHTd.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    apparently MK unlocks are garbage mobile game tier of time based BS

J3qcnBP.png
    edited April 2019

are any of these games any good?

this Capcom one looks alright but I see the modern ones are CyberConnect 3D fighters which are a gamble, sometimes you get good ones though

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The old Jojo games still have a fanbase. But its an older fighter game so the meta revolves around exploits and OP bs but still fun in its own way.

Not sure about the newer ones but I never saw much talk of them so take that as you will.

Dragkonias on
  • OdinOdin Registered User regular

are any of these games any good?

this Capcom one looks alright but I see the modern ones are CyberConnect 3D fighters which are a gamble, sometimes you get good ones though

The Capcom one is still the best imo, and I think it got a hd remaster a few years ago too. Only thing is it’s focused entirely on Stardust Crusaders, while the modern ones pull characters from the whole series.

I think All-Star Battle is the best of the newer ones and if you don’t mind the action being a bit slow, it’s lots of fun.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    All-star battle is fun fanservice more than anything. I didn't play much of it but it seemed really janky and didn't feel very good. It is also the only fighting game I've played that runs at 30 frames.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Yeah the ps1/dreamcast/arcade jojo capcom game is awesome

All star battle has lots of characters and is cool looking but plays very slow and sluggish imo

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    I like all star battle cuz you can play as Old Joseph and go "OH MY GOD!!" every time you knock down your opponent

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I hate the PS1 jojo game because I want to play Pet Shop and he's actually straight up banned.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    bird 2strong, its true

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Is the old capcom game the origin of the "road roller da! WRYYYYYYY!" thing?

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.