As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I'm dreading seeing how bad comp is right now.

Maybe I'll just run Hunter with skip grenade spam and hope for the best.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2019
    At this point, I stick with comp after Fabled because I prefer 4v4 to 6v6, unless I’m trying to get a specific weapon triumph done or something and I don’t want to drag other people down with my performance.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    Oh, Bungie commented on the Comp issue:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/be8cxq/revelry_in_cruciblecompetitive/el5ny1j/?context=1000
    With the Revelry, we wanted to rejuvenate every activity type in Destiny with a global change to the Sandbox meta that lasted for a limited time. We knew this would be disruptive, but were willing to try the experiment because the event only lasts for a few weeks.

It’s clear we overshot – instead of adding excitement and variation to the Crucible (especially in Competitive), we’ve instead made the experience random and frustrating.

We don’t have the ability to immediately remove Tonics in Competitive via our servers. We’ll continue to investigate possible changes but this experiment will have to run the duration of the Revelry before we can patch a change.

We’ve learned a lot from the last 2 days of Revelry. The next time we make changes that affect the overall Sandbox for a limited time, we will ensure a much better experience for the Crucible.

It would have been nice if they'd seen this incredibly obvious result coming but this is about the best we can expect after they already screwed the pooch.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I really don't know how they thought this was gonna play out

shryke wrote: »
    I'm dreading seeing how bad comp is right now.

Maybe I'll just run Hunter with skip grenade spam and hope for the best.

It sounds good in theory, but it can get shutdown hard if you’re up against a competent team that’s ready for it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I mean, there’s still just shy of a month left in the season after the event ends if you don’t feel like grinding comp during ludicrous grenade weeks. That’s ample time to hit 2100 even if you haven’t done any games yet.

I feel there are assumptions here about people's skill level that are not warranted. :P

I apologize if I came off like a dick there, that wasn’t my intention. 3 weeks is probably cutting it pretty close.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

I imagine they thought it would be fun and play out like this.

That said why the fuck isn't your mode rules handled server-side Bungie, get it together.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

This has been the fucking tagline for Comp mode since its introduction.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

That said why the fuck isn't your mode rules handled server-side Bungie, get it together.

I imagine it's a consequence of their philosophy for a unified sandbox, which has continuously bitten them in the ass and been a detriment to Crucible.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Apparently the damage from Chromatic Fire scales according to the kill shot damage, which makes pairing it with Arbalest interesting. More testing to follow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZbcSpKEhhE

metaghost wrote: »

I imagine it's a consequence of their philosophy for a unified sandbox, which has continuously bitten them in the ass and been a detriment to Crucible.

Probably a contribution. But Gambit Prime uses Prime armor gameplay changes, but basic Gambit doesn't. Even when kerping the basic sandbox in place, custom rule modifications better be configurable when creating new content. Learn from your mistakes, Bungo.

I don’t even mind the nade spam play in comp, if that’s what comp is then I’ll deal. But I do mind the switch up smack dab in the middle of the season. At least this one is not permanent.

I can’t be expected to start experimenting in the middle of the season and try to figure out strategies of how to play, when trying out new things that don’t work out means losing a whole bunch of points that take tons of hours to recover.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Three weeks is an awfully long time for the Crucible to be so weird, that's really what gets me. Are they going to run an Iron Banner with this nonsense happening? They'd almost have to, right?

Oh. I thought this was a week long event. Oops.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    metaghost wrote: »

Given they've done specific modifications before it seems less like they couldn't do it and more like somehow no one anticipated this issue so the way the Revelry buff was implemented does not allow for them to just shut it off in one place. Not that they couldn't make that happen if they'd wanted to, they just would have had to design it that way from the start. Which they didn't. Because somehow they didn't see this coming.

I imagine, given their apparent problems modifying individual guns from D1, there's some bad code design from way back in the day in there making some ways to implement this stuff more difficult then others. So they went with the easy way that can't be fixed on the fly. Because they somehow never anticipated that they'd need to.

I presume it may also be two different teams. One team (which knows better because they have been punched in the past) is off doing other work. The team that made this holiday content (both pitch and implementation) haven't felt that specific pain, so didn't think it would be so bad.

One team is probably really cranky at another team but nothing to be done at this point but not make the same mistake next time.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Reeeeeeally wish I had done the orbs in gambit last night for the triumph.

Guitar errors are too many object instance related, right? So the volume of extra orbs particularly in those activities is too much to handle?
    Are any Triumphs unable to be completed now, or is it just restricting the number of activities you can use to accomplish the goal?

Wait they're leaving them on in general PvP?

Everyone: Hey these tonics are p silly and fucking up the crucible can you turn them off

Bungie:
    https://youtu.be/WtXLZUhcoDI

Wait they're leaving them on in general PvP?

Everyone: Hey these tonics are p silly and fucking up the crucible can you turn them off

Bungie:
    https://youtu.be/WtXLZUhcoDI

They're not touching the tonics at all. They're disabling the orb generation from precision kills.

vq2TEKC.png
    Damn that's even worse

edited April 2019
    In wonderful news, the other day I got DDOSed by someone stupid enough to also send a message telling me they did it. Supposedly in retaliation because I DDOSed his team (didn’t happen, one of them disconnected, and managed to reconnect after I lost half my team), but it doesn’t matter, I got an actual written confession to a DDOS attack.

My expectations for people with “General Lee” in their gamertags remain low.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Isnt that a federal offense?

Sirialis wrote: »
    Isnt that a federal offense?

The relevant law is the CFAA which limits the criminality of such attacks to "protected computers". IANAL but I don't know if an Xbox qualifies based on my reading.

vq2TEKC.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    A DDOS doesn't attack your console, it attacks your IP, which means it's attacking things that belong to your ISP which most definitely count as protected computers.

Opty wrote: »
    A DDOS doesn't attack your console, it attacks your IP, which means it's attacking things that belong to your ISP which most definitely count as protected computers.

Yeah well my uncle works at Lawtendo and he says it's very legal and very cool

vq2TEKC.png
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Oh goody. With orbs disabled in gambit, If I want the triumph I have to get over 200 headshots to generate orbs, in this grenade-spam infested pvp

If I’d had the time I’d have done it all in gambit earlier.

How hard is it to hotfix this crap? We want tonics out of crucible and get told no. Free cores though, immediate hotfix. Screw up one of your triumphs, sorry guys we won’t hotfix this either instead play twelve times more pvp

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    edited April 2019
    RIP Iron Burden, we barely knew ye.

Peen on
    edited April 2019
    Peen wrote: »
    RIP Iron Burden, we barely knew ye.

Boooooooooooooo

2500 kills seems impossible with only two more sessions and I didn't even break 500 in the first one splitting time between D2 and other games. I am surprisingly disappointed by this.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Hopefully it means they're ditching power-differential in IB altogether.

Man. I don’t think I want to do 2,000 kills in two weeks of IB.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Took me most of my week’s play and a lot of frustration to do 500

Not going to try for 2500 if it’s only this season. Pretty sure I wouldn’t make it

EDIT: Oh boy. I'm getting guitared out of strikes too. So it's not just gambit and raids. So they should just re-enable it so I don't have to play a thousand crucible matches

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    Arbalest does one shot to the body in an empowering rift or with inertia override, the person that told me it didn't was wrong. I know what I'm doing in the crucible soon!

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Arbalest does one shot to the body in an empowering rift or with inertia override, the person that told me it didn't was wrong. I know what I'm doing in the crucible soon!

Drowning in skip grenades?

That too.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    can't wait to see what kooky consumable bungie cooks up for next season to reinvigorate iron banner

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    Elki wrote: »
    Man. I don’t think I want to do 2,000 kills in two weeks of IB.

Yeah I think is exceedingly unlikely I will get it done. And so am less excited about Iron Banner than before.
    Time-exclusive content can be bad, and is even worse when combined with poor communication and and already gated period of participation. I will probably only get Wizened then stop IB entirely and enjoy other things rather than wind up hitting like 2200 and failing.

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Guitar errors?

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Guitar errors?

They kick you from an activity, and appear to be caused by too many objects being on the ground/spawned in?

Which, you know, suddenly having everyone generated 3-4 orbs per headshot kill would probably cause.

I'm only at 40/200 for gambit/crucible orbs made, and it seems to be inconsistent in counting headshot kills. This might be the first event triumph I don't complete if bungie doesn't do anything else about it.