As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is Larry the Cable Guy saying watch [Game Grumps] and CoNSumE PriLOsEc

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I mean a gimmicky 'wild' thing that's different is fun once in a while but when it drags on like it has, people are gonna be put off and they're not wrong to feel that way.

In some ways it might better for the Grumps to say "some things came up, we have a couple of episodes but there's gonna be a few days without anything." It keeps them from having to force out ideas / episodes but also keeps things honest.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Idk expecting them to churn out exactly the same kind of content in the same format, every week, from now until the tidal waves inevitably take us all out... is pretty bogus

There's not much to be gained from bending over backwards to please the internet hate mob, all it does is embolden them to act shitty all the time to get their way. People go on R/Gamegrumps and cry "wow this makes me wanna unsub" then just do it then. No one is forcing you to watch it.

Arin's been pretty up front about how he does really care what people think and wants to make everyone happy, but at a certain point he can't please everyone, and he really should have the freedom to make the kind of stuff he wants to. Everyone on these sites criticizing him for not adhering to their every whimsy and demand, despite being pretty toxic (or at the least extremely melodramatic) and displaying behaviors that should really just be ignored.

Keep in mind all the changes in programming allow them to do other projects and, also a lot of them are in reaction to YouTube's ever fucked algorithm, which I'm sure tears away valuable viewers to a million other creators that make similar content.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I mean, I would assume like other episodes that they recorded all these Arin characters all at once before uploading them. So they are kind of committed to showing however many they had planned, before they had a chance to react to opinions.

Though I absolutely do not agree with the idea of just not putting up anything. If you in particular do not like it, you can just not watch. Not putting up anything at all because some people do not like it is just screwing over those that do. Nothing stops someone from just not watching. You can pretend there is nothing until they go back to normal, but people who like it can’t pretend there is something if they stopped uploading because of some opinions.

I find franklin entertaining btw.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I mean are the videos even grump related? If not Arin does have his own channel that I follow. He could have put them up there... But it's likely that they needed a break (which is fine) and so they uploaded it to GG. I dunno... I'm just going to skip the videos. There are very few Arin voices that I enjoy.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I would have preferred they use the break to clean up their episode playlists and maybe re-upload some favorites.

People would have bitched about that too, but fuck those people, I don't care about them, they're not me.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Idk expecting them to churn out exactly the same kind of content in the same format, every week, from now until the tidal waves inevitably take us all out... is pretty bogus

There's not much to be gained from bending over backwards to please the internet hate mob, all it does is embolden them to act shitty all the time to get their way. People go on R/Gamegrumps and cry "wow this makes me wanna unsub" then just do it then. No one is forcing you to watch it.

https://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Just give the fans what they want

Recordings of Arin's bare feet on studio carpet, and maybe you can hear a game being played in the distance.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Channels pretty much need to keep to a regular schedule or they'll lose their audience quickly. Even one as big as the grumps. They've committed to a daily thing so dropping from that will hurt them. It sucks but that's youtube- a miserable pile of sadness garbage.

I just kinda wish they had had something else in the hopper for this too, instead of two silly voice episodes a day.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    It's not bogus. Every TV show has a particular kind of writing style / format to it, and maybe sometimes that style will be broken for an episode or so but it is done so for 1) just the one episode and 2) in a way the audience will fully understand and get the joke of. If this had happened on a single day and then things went back to normal, then whatever. But it's gone on for almost a week and it's just annoying. The joke has worn thin.

Though having to write all that just now makes it sound like a zomghugedeal. It isn't, I'm just keeping an eye on when regular episodes come back and my life isn't affected one bit. But this is the Game Grumps thread where we talk about Game Grumps so :P

Edit - Oh and Sonic Adventure is back.

Henroid on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I figured it was obvious these Arin only vids were because dan had something to do and they either weren’t able to / forgot to record ahead of time to cover.

I don’t think recording like 1.5 hours of Arin doing voices would be enough to prevent them from organizing the channel. It likely is just that no one wants to.

I wasn't specifically talking about here, everyone is pretty chill on the forums. It's Reddit and Twitter that's a trash fire that should be abandoned.

It's fine to provide criticism, it's another entirely to essentially harass your "favorite" creators and heckle them for making some content you don't vibe with. Thats the problem with the always hyperbolic dialogue the internet pushes forward.

Idk I think the average person doesn't realize how much Arin does running his company and all the projects under the Grump banner. It's a lot of pressure and scheduling conflicts and general just.. life getting in the way I'm sure, but people lack empathy or at the very least turn a blind eye to that side of things. They don't care about production snafus or touring around the country, they just want their free daily entertainment.

https://youtu.be/dQacKjnPwro

Just gonna toss that in there for context

Oh my God they are going to get Ben Schwartz up on GameGrumps... well hopefully. He's the guy who played Jean-Ralphio from Parks and Rec. Does a ton of voicework now.

urahonky wrote: »
    Oh my God they are going to get Ben Schwartz up on GameGrumps... well hopefully. He's the guy who played Jean-Ralphio from Parks and Rec. Does a ton of voicework now.

I just watched that show for the first time this past month. That guy is amazing.

Even more relevant, he's also the voice for Sonic in the new movie

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Ben Schwartz also does some funny contest videos with Amir from college humor and has some great Jake and Amir episodes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm9vXe7m8ao

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    edited April 2019
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I love Ben Schwartz! Fuck, that's awesome.

I was trying to find a good Parks and Rec clip to show of him but found this instead. This is hardly a display of his character in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmK_zoZt2Sw
    "That Ralph Machio guy is a total douche."

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    He's a big reason to watch House of Lies.

Ugh I was all excited that this Sonic episode might not have fan fiction, but NOPE. Oh well.

Shit I forgot about the Devil's Third stream today, getting to it an hour late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4p3SY2xuqw

Jesus that was hilarious and awful at the same time. They were talking about character work in comedy briefly, especially when it comes to saying / doing terrible things, and Danny throws out, " 'Build the wall!', says character."

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Dear Diary: Today a Game Grumps animated was posted. It was really really stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCq6P1o-rHM

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Man there's an avalanche of hidden stuff in those nearly 6 minutes.

steam_sig.png
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Spoiler Owl is definitely in there at least once, holding an MCU spoiler that I at first thought was an Endgame spoiler until I realized it made no sense in that context.

But for a brief moment, I was super pissed. :lol:

Ok the part with the seals really got me

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Kirby Otaku’s animation of OoT was what introduced me to Game Grumps

She’s pretty much among the best Grumps Animators

Joolander on
    I wasn't into this week's Power Hour but someone made a couple pieces of great art from it:

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I wasn't into this week's Power Hour but someone made a couple pieces of great art from it:

Well, at least the nun survived.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    The Devil's Third stream is fantastic! I've had the Russian accent stuck in my head all day.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Glad they did this best of skyward sword thing just so I can experience this Kaiju discussion.

There's a specific bit that's stuck in my head at the moment but I can't remember what game it was from. Arin was doing an old lady voice talking about being very allergic to cheese and it sorta caps off with him saying, "Guess what; having the alfredo~"

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I know what you're talking about but I can't remember the game either. And I think it's supposed to be that it's a straight up nerd on a date.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    darunia106 wrote: »
    I know what you're talking about but I can't remember the game either. And I think it's supposed to be that it's a straight up nerd on a date.
    Is it? I just remember his voice being really silly and I loved it. "And I'm VERY allergic~"

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I've been enjoying the new Star Bomb album quite a lot. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Dan should star in the live action Cowboy Bebop movie

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Dan should star in the live action Cowboy Bebop movie

I could see it but

A) it's a show
    And
    B) they actually cast an Asian actor as the lead in an anime to live action remake so, I'll take what I can get

New Starbomb video is up. Careful on the audio on this one; the video is pretty muted, but the post-music "hey guys buy our stuff" thing is loud as shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1P1nkbuz6k

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Bulbasaur once again proving he's the best Pokemon.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.