As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh crap, Felicia? With an important skill? I might toss an orb or two at her but otherwise I'm safe.

Felicia and Flora seem weird to me. Like, I don't dislike them getting alts (finally) but their art looks not like them IMO. Also Felicia's voice sounded different but I'm not sure.

Btw, Leo is the free TT hero.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    boy, i wish more seasonals had art like that and not just 'x holiday theme gear'

nicely done

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Caineghis is one of my series favs, so I keep pulling for a second to erase the -atk. Up to freaking 4.25 pity rate now... Ugh.

This morning I finally made it back to 20 orbs and was blessed with 4 colorless. The results? 3 star Lucius, 4 star Lucius, 3 star Lissa, 4 star Lissa. What a kick in the balls.

Haven't seen any sothes or legaults yet, I think they might have lied about them becoming 3-4 star :P

edited April 2019

I wonder if I should try to play this just to get him :P

Edit: Jesus, a 700 mb download and then another 1.4gb after I do the tutorial? Yikes...

Warlock82 on
    0418tt.jpg

Those are some nice seals!

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    The seals are hype, but it's all 5-stars AGAIN. I don't have any of those! It's just luck of the draw to see if I pull someone!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bah I got Flora.... But it was the normal one

steam_sig.png
    HAIL SATAN!

My first non-free pull! So do I finish this circle for people I don't care about, or see if my luck transfers over to Caineghis? Or just save some up for Roy?

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Caineghis is one of my series favs, so I keep pulling for a second to erase the -atk. Up to freaking 4.25 pity rate now... Ugh.

This morning I finally made it back to 20 orbs and was blessed with 4 colorless. The results? 3 star Lucius, 4 star Lucius, 3 star Lissa, 4 star Lissa. What a kick in the balls.

Haven't seen any sothes or legaults yet, I think they might have lied about them becoming 3-4 star :P

Just keep praying to the cat gods. I got up to 4.75 to erase mine's -def. Finally got him again last night. Leanne pity broke me at 4.0 but I kept at it.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Oh my god

In the new Paralogue Lukas talks about having to eat raw flour

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Oh my god

In the new Paralogue Lukas talks about having to eat raw flour

Certainly fed it to him a lot during my shadows of valentia play through.

Ugg, took way too many orbs to even get one focus hero. Stupid bad luck this banner... I kept pulling fucking pity breaker Kadens of all things. I think I ended up with like three of them -_-

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Isn't Leo a TT hero? he looks like he will have nice skills. Distant Defense and QR

camo_sig.png
    edited April 2019
    mts wrote: »
    Isn't Leo a TT hero? he looks like he will have nice skills. Distant Defense and QR

Yeah he is. He's at least a free option on the TT lineup.

Warlock82 on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Turns out the leveling crystals have a cap of 999999 and you can't use the yellow ones unless you dont have any of the mstching color, so i had to go on a red leveling spree to clear out some of my maxed yellow crystals. It was fun going through 6 level 40 skits afterwards.

Is it just me or has there been a news item "Issue with ______" every day this week? Seems like everything is breaking :P

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Good news: In ~40 orbs I've gotten two 5*
    WTF: Axe Ephraim and Swordhart

Apparently I'm a magnet for alternate weapons today.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Too bad they don't give compensation orbs anymore for all their things breaking.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Alright, I think I'm finally free of the gacha-life. Gachas and daily quests are joining MMOs on my "do not play, for your own good" list.

It's back to playing boxed games for me. I'll keep FEH around just so I can blow all the remaining orbs on CYL, just for closure sake and then retire completely.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I wonder if I should try to play this just to get him :P

Edit: Jesus, a 700 mb download and then another 1.4gb after I do the tutorial? Yikes...

I gave up on that game because it was a memory hog. For some reason it refused to go the SD card

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Alright, I think I'm finally free of the gacha-life. Gachas and daily quests are joining MMOs on my "do not play, for your own good" list.

It's back to playing boxed games for me. I'll keep FEH around just so I can blow all the remaining orbs on CYL, just for closure sake and then retire completely.

I should also do this. It’s just that FEH specifically scratches my itch for cute tactics games. AC Pocket Camp made me mad by going full loot box, and PAD’s power creep (and loss of third party database/resources) has gotten stupid.

Maybe I should stick to non-FTP games entirely also.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    I just realized they are still selling GameCube memory cards on eBay for a few bucks, and the lack of one of those was all that was holding me back from another replay of path of radiance + radiant Dawn with transfer data. The old Wii with the GameCube ports on top still fired up just fine! Now it's time for some Ike and Laguz nostalgia.

Acheron wrote: »
    I just realized they are still selling GameCube memory cards on eBay for a few bucks, and the lack of one of those was all that was holding me back from another replay of path of radiance + radiant Dawn with transfer data. The old Wii with the GameCube ports on top still fired up just fine! Now it's time for some Ike and Laguz nostalgia.

I should really play those at some point, but I don't own them and they are dumb expensive on ebay :( (also my Wii isn't hooked up so I'd have to do that too) Ah well, I still got like 3 GBA and 1 DS title to work through :P Been slacking on those...

Yeah I am old so I bought them at launch. Never sold em despite the high prices because they're still my favs.

Caineghis as an AR bonus unit is as hilarious as I thought. I buff his defenses with Reyson and chuck him up into the enemy team. He just ate them all, including an armor boots Surtr who tried to get frisky.

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Putting Armoured Boots on AI Surtr is probably a bad idea in general, because it allows him to be baited without triggering Sinmara and Menace.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Putting Armoured Boots on AI Surtr is probably a bad idea in general, because it allows him to be baited without triggering Sinmara and Menace.

Armored Boots on player-controlled Surtr, on the other hand, is great, because you can bait enemy units into Sinmara repeatedly while staying outside their attack range.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Ugh. The bonus units for Arena/AR this season really suck. I haven't been able to pull a single one of the beast units and I don't want to throw any more orbs at it. I've got Lyn, but using her has reminded me just how bad she is without a team built around supporting her. I've got a kitted-out Alphonse for AR, but I can't think of a compelling build to promote Sharena for arena.

Delzhand wrote: »
    Ugh. The bonus units for Arena/AR this season really suck. I haven't been able to pull a single one of the beast units and I don't want to throw any more orbs at it. I've got Lyn, but using her has reminded me just how bad she is without a team built around supporting her. I've got a kitted-out Alphonse for AR, but I can't think of a compelling build to promote Sharena for arena.

Don't worry, the beast units suck ass too. I'll be super glad when this damn season ends

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I really want them to cool it with the beasts for a while. It's a bit much, you don't need 3/4 of every new banner to be beasts, now.

edited April 2019
    Kasyn wrote: »
    I really want them to cool it with the beasts for a while. It's a bit much, you don't need 3/4 of every new banner to be beasts, now.

I think they will probably. The only one I really could see them doing is the Tellius dragon tribe as a banner (Dheginsea, Kuthnaga, Nasir, Ena - calling it), though that's, I assume, going to be dragons and not technically beasts. After that they have *most* beasts covered other than some one-offs like Yarne, Jannaf, Ulki, Vika, Nealuchi, etc, etc that no one cares about (maybe Raphiel but I mean, they already did two Herons pretty recently - edit: side note, he might slot in well to a Dawn Brigade/Daein themed banner alongside Jill and whoever else... Illyana, Edward, Nolan, etc... also Ashnard GHB plox).

I still think we have a Blazing Blade banner on the way real soon with Pent/Louise and probably Nils and one other (Rath/Erk/etc). Be curious to see if that drops in May or if they keep pushing it back for other stuff. My gut says they'll wanna cool it on Tellius for awhile but who the fuck knows... IS can be unpredictable :P

Side note, I just counted my barracks. Not counting Grail heroes (i.e. neutral F2P stuff) or 5* exclusives, I'm down to 15 heroes left to merge up and then I'll have everyone (in the 3*/4* pool at least) at at least +1 to remove their banes :3 I may throw some grail heroes in there though before finishing just because I am always in need of friggin' axes so maybe I could give a little bulk to Legion, Narcian, etc. (I basically need all the fucking L!Tiki counters for Arena Assault...). TBH most of the ones I have left are kinda bottom of the barrel, so it's getting hard to pick :P I also wouldn't mind seeing what some of their preferred weapons end up being first, but then, who knows how long it will take for all of them to get one. I kinda wanna do Jaegan next but I have a feeling his weapon is gonna suck ass. They seem to be going with a "shit" theme for the weapons of the Jaegens :P (that is, their refine is just a random tactic.. also people dislike the gem weapons... I can see that too :P Jaegan at least has a crappy Silver Lance+ so they have room to work there :P)

Warlock82 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I have finally gotten around to tossing some more merges onto my Soleil, and man, it's just crazy how well a unit can age just by having a really nice statline. Even without a PrF, she's one of the most potent and versatile infantry swords out there.

Cherche is another old school unit that has done very well for herself simply by having the right stats in the right places, even before she got her (relatively strong) refine.

Kasyn on
    Well I finally accomplished my goal of giving Wings of Mercy 3 to all of my 17 dancers.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I have finally gotten around to tossing some more merges onto my Soleil, and man, it's just crazy how well a unit can age just by having a really nice statline. Even without a PrF, she's one of the most potent and versatile infantry swords out there.

Cherche is another old school unit that has done very well for herself simply by having the right stats in the right places, even before she got her (relatively strong) refine.

Cherche has been my SS for years now. I've had her paired with Cordelia for most of that, but recently I've been transitioning from straight flier emblem to a mixed type type featuring Cherche, Effie, Lilina, and L!Azura. It was just this past weekend that I converted by 4*+10 Lilina to a 5*+2 and gave her Special Spiral and Heavy Blade 3 Seal, and holy shit, I wish I'd done this long ago. She's busted this game wide open. This team is carrying me through Chain Challenges, a mode I haven't really explored because I didn't have a team capable of sustained ORKOs

edited April 2019
    There, all tempest trials rewards get! Also fuck that Flora on the last map. She just murders everyone. I upgraded the Chill Atk seal though and put it on one of my auto battle members and that seems to have super helped though.

Warlock82 on
    Delzhand wrote: »

Cherche has been my SS for years now. I've had her paired with Cordelia for most of that, but recently I've been transitioning from straight flier emblem to a mixed type type featuring Cherche, Effie, Lilina, and L!Azura. It was just this past weekend that I converted by 4*+10 Lilina to a 5*+2 and gave her Special Spiral and Heavy Blade 3 Seal, and holy shit, I wish I'd done this long ago. She's busted this game wide open. This team is carrying me through Chain Challenges, a mode I haven't really explored because I didn't have a team capable of sustained ORKOs

I have one with Cordelia, too, both are bonkers, but Cordy has been powercrept a little bit by the whitewing refines.

I *also* have a Lilina, but not merged up or anything. She's really good, but I keep her on a magic user team just to get the most out of the native Chill Res. Spiral is fucking ridiculous and it's frankly kind of silly how easily it is the optimal choice for a ton of units. I run it on my M Morgan and Ishtar and they are both just absolute monsters.

You know how Surtr was removed from the pool of units that can appear in Tempest Trial maps?

I'm starting to think the same should be done for Idunn.

edited April 2019
    Warlock82 on
    Fjorm?

Ehhhh