As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I forgot this was a thing. Many of the teams did something funny like that last year. I'm excited to see what we get this year.

Why?

They're entertaining

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I forgot this was a thing. Many of the teams did something funny like that last year. I'm excited to see what we get this year.

Why?

They're entertaining

Man don't take this from Obi ok. Its like the mariners funny baseball commercials, its the only joy I can take from one of their seasons.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I went through all the schedule reveals and here are the standouts:

Falcons and Texans and Slurs went with GoT intros. I hate the slurs but their production quality was way better than the Texans or Falcons.

Other GoT ones. They are at least interesting
    Lions entire schedule in Office gifs:

Bills schedule reveal using funny profiles in a Tinder like app:

I appreciate the Mr Rogers tribute in the Steelers one:

Cowboys did an ASMR one. Thanks, I hate it

Lol the Chargers used only stock footage:

Jaguars went with infomercials

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Jaguars fits, I'm sure you have to be up late at night to want to buy tickets for one of their games.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    love to waste one of the best QBs in the league on someone who refuses to use him to his full potential

My dad shared the contract and I responded with, "great. $2mil/pass attempt per game" which he interpreted as a knock on Wilson taking more money but I said, no, I'm just pissed off that Brian Schottenheimer hasn't been demoted to assistant ball handler.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    FOOTBALL IS COMING

yeah, in like 5 months

settle down there, sparky :P

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I just want to get away from all these mock drafts so we can mock the draft.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I just want to get away from all these mock drafts so we can mock the draft.

It's always the right time to slam Mel Kiper Jr's space-age hair-helmet.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.
    Gruden Raiders is the gift that keeps on giving.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    FOOTBALL IS COMING

yeah, in like 5 months

settle down there, sparky :P

Well, winter took like 7 years to get here. 5 months is super fast comparatively.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    How the fuck did the Dolphins get scheduled against that many playoff teams?

They always get screwed in the scheduling somehow. They're mediocre yet play a tough schedule every year it seems. I know they're done in advance but it always seem rigged.

• Options
    They get 2 games agains the bills and jets every year come on man 4 easy wins on the schedule is more than a lot of teams that aren't the steelers can ask for.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    They get 2 games agains the bills and jets every year come on man 4 easy wins on the schedule is more than a lot of teams that aren't the steelers can ask for.

This is the exact same thing that Bills and Jets fans tell themselves about the Dolphins every year.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

I mean, how bad could it be? They're just going to be relying on Gruden's personal talent assessment, right?

What could go wrong?

*giggles*

This could be the best thing that happens all year, short of the Patriots returning to mediocrity. And I've got less faith in the latter.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    GMs and coaches reserving access to the big board to a tiny group and shutting scouts out apparently isn’t all that rare a thing

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Gyral wrote: »

I mean, how bad could it be? They're just going to be relying on Gruden's personal talent assessment, right?

What could go wrong?

*giggles*

This could be the best thing that happens all year, short of the Patriots returning to mediocrity. And I've got less faith in the latter.

Wow that is next gen dysfunctionality.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Gruden just needs a .doc file in Times New Roman printed out with a ranking of each player from most hoss to least and he’s good

• Options
    GMs and coaches reserving access to the big board to a tiny group and shutting scouts out apparently isn’t all that rare a thing

But having Gruden do it? Priceless.

• Options

But having Gruden do it? Priceless.

He rates people on the lunch pail scale!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Why have scouts when Mel kipers draft board is right there?

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    I'm sure he still has his login for ESPN Insider.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Gruden always inspires the Deadspin writers:
    The next chapter comes Thursday, when the Raiders pick fourth and 24th and 27th—or trade down because Gruden is a stockpiler, or up because he thinks he needs Murray. Gruden, twitches and all, will redefine himself in Oakland yet again, one final time perhaps. We will find out what he collected in exchange for the revered Khalil Mack and the suddenly enjoyable Amari Cooper right before he closes down the theatre, and nobody knows what play he intends to stage. Evidently Two Angry Men is a consideration, and neither of them is going to play the Henry Fonda reasonable liberal role. Gruden seems more the Lee J. Cobb type, torn by the inner demons of years gone by, while Mayock is more the studious nerd E.G. Marshall, and that, kids, is how you torture an analogy.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Marshawn Lynch has decided to retire.

Either that or Gruden has also sent Lynch home during the draft.

• Options
    I am excited to be disappointed with Miami draft pick tonight.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Three picks in with nothing dumb yet. And bonus: Nick Bosa is a Trump loving idiot and was terrified of going to the 49ers because San Francisco is scary liberal land. And they drafted him. Good times!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Three picks in with nothing dumb yet. And bonus: Nick Bosa is a Trump loving idiot and was terrified of going to the 49ers because San Francisco is scary liberal land. And they drafted him. Good times!

Well, the Raiders blew that by taking like the third best defensive lineman on Clemson.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Sad that I can't root for Jimmy G any more - fuck Bosa and the 49ers.

• Options

Well he scrubbed his twitter to specifically be palatable for liberal land. San Fran will love him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jesus this is hard to watch

Nobody going to be talking about Gruden’s boner anymore!

• Options
    LOLOLOL Giants. No college football fan thinks that pick is even vaguely sane.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Giants heard you.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

Giants heard you.

The dumb started at #4, but ramped up to ludicrous speed shortly after...

• Options
    Oh, Lions, I'm so glad I only like you ironically now.

• Options
    Also Bosa will be just fine in Santa Clara/SV with the tech bros

• Options

I’m honestly surprised you don’t like the hoss TE from Iowa. I always thought Iowa was your backup college team...

• Options
    This is all because I literally listed this as the most unacceptable thing that could possibly happen for the Giants in the draft. They even fulfilled all my qualifiers!

1.) Murray or Haskins still being on the board, no trading up necessary
    2.) Taking him with the 6th pick instead of a much saner place like the 17th pick, or the second round or not fucking at all

I forget the third, I'm so angry.

Fuck. Fuuuuck.

I hope Haskins wind back to back league MVPs.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Well he scrubbed his twitter to specifically be palatable for liberal land. San Fran will love him.

Plenty of tech bros.

• Options
    Also the Giants don't want a black or liberal quarterback on solely those grounds

• Options

I’m honestly surprised you don’t like the hoss TE from Iowa. I always thought Iowa was your backup college team...

Go Iowa Awesome is my backup CFB blog. I would never choose to root for a Kirk Ferentz team though. I don't really have a secondary college team.