As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Oh snap Jade plays like Nightwing?? Hell yeah new main

Some of Shao Kahn's moves in his intro video remind a bit of Atrocitus and, to a lesser extent, Solomon Grundy. He is definitely who I'll be starting with.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    EventHubs posted a few new costumes for some characters. These are the two that stood out for me:
    ptcp9z7qew57.jpg
    vdz9iyxqcdhh.jpg
    Pretty damn slick.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Hey look at that. He's wearing pants!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    You know speaking as someone who thought most of the outfit design in MK9 was terrible watching the horny bois get upset it is gone is really something.

No accounting for taste I guess.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I’m hoping for good costume variation in this game. I can understand that there might be a bigger demand to have lots of costumes for, you know, Batman, than your average MK character, but it would be pleasing to see multiple options, equally distributed for each character, prior to color choices and so on.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    So the new rumor is another unlockable character will be added with a day 1 patch. Take that with a dump truck of salt, of course.
    Mileena

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    The character select screen really does play with possibilities, since it’s kind of circular, it’s not super obvious how many they can add in. Like, we ‘know’ there’s DLC that will no doubt dribble out between now and the fall, of probably more than seven characters. But it’s not blindingly obvious how the ‘completed’ roster will look from the menu.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The (first) Kombat Pack has 6 characters.

You do get to see Shao Kahn without his mask in MK11 and he is cartoonishly ugly. Dude looks like a Halloween decoration. So uh... look forward to that.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    You do get to see Shao Kahn without his mask in MK11 and he is cartoonishly ugly. Dude looks like a Halloween decoration. So uh... look forward to that.

I mean...so does his wife?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that lad has probably been punched in the face a lot, due to his choice of profession. makes sense
    So the new rumor is another unlockable character will be added with a day 1 patch. Take that with a dump truck of salt, of course.
    Mileena

i distrust basically every day 1 character rumour if it isn't accompanied by people able to point to data strings in the leaked game that corroborate it, especially with this character having a big fanbase desperate for hope

liEt3nH.png
    The only reason I give it any credibility is that it lines up with the roster leak that has so far been 100% correct.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg

I went from caring about what was under the mask, then seeing his starfish-face in the comics, and now I’ve decided the mask is his real face. Kahn without his helmet is like a sports mascot without the head piece on.

Mileena

I'd be more than okay with that.
    She was me regular go to in X.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I went from caring about what was under the mask, then seeing his starfish-face in the comics, and now I’ve decided the mask is his real face. Kahn without his helmet is like a sports mascot without the head piece on.

Gritty as guest fighter confirmed

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

I would unironically want this

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

I would unironically want this

I can only imagine how the ice skates come into play for a Fatality.

Mileena

@Variable

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »

I mean...so does his wife?

I always dug her design. She had a creepy Lilly Munster vibe that was rather alluring.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    As far as that rumor goes well the guy who did the character leak was more or less right about everything else so I could see it also being a possibility.
    Also remember we're dealing with like multiverses and time travel here so anything is possible.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Saddest part is after all the rumours of Konquest mode being more like an action game, the games broken street date and is being played right now and no one has mentioned it.

I guess it didn’t come back or isn’t as interesting as was hoped.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    They actually shot down that rumour with the game informer preview, it sounds just basically like the old krypt but with a third person perspective and some more like puzzles and games and such

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Sad.

Hopefully some day they finally do Fire and Ice.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Apparently the Switch version has already been datamined and has reference to DLC characters;
    ShangTsung
    Joker
    Nightwolf
    Terminator
    Sindel
    Spawn
    Ash
    Fujin
    Sheeva

Apparently the Switch version has already been datamined and has reference to DLC characters;
    ShangTsung
    Joker
    Nightwolf
    Terminator
    Sindel
    Spawn
    Ash
    Fujin
    Sheeva
    For some reason I thought you meant Ash Ketchum which would have been quite the Switch exclusive.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    ShangTsung
    Joker
    Nightwolf
    Terminator
    Sindel
    Spawn
    Ash
    Fujin
    Sheeva

Well, if this list is true, I got one of my dream characters and one that should've been on my radar of guesses, and I'm very glad to see it:
    ShangTsung
    Joker
    Nightwolf
    Terminator
    Sindel
    Spawn
    Ash
    Fujin
    Sheeva

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Wait wait wait
    Joker as in DC? And Spawn AND Terminator AND Ash from Evil Dead?

This feels a little too good to be true but hey, if it is real I'm happy

Local H Jay on
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Is Jade black?

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Is Jade black?

Jade is green.

edited April 2019
    Even after all I said about new characters, I was hoping for a brand new DLC character for some reason. Something they thought might be too out there for the main game but a subset might still want.

Still,
    Fujin never really got his due, so I’m happy he’s returning.

DLC
    Very curious how a Joker fighter will play in the gore-friendly MK universe.

Linespider5 on
    Hmm...character speculation.
    I have to say the complete lack of Takeda or Kung Jin anywhere is starting to make me suspicious as to their fates.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Interesting that there are 9 on that list but the kombat pack is only 6 fighters.

Either that confirms a 2nd pack or debunks it. Or maybe it’s only partially right.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    There will no doubt be a second kombat pack. Might even be a third, they've said they want this game to have longer lifespan than previously.

reVerse on
    edited April 2019
    Even after all I said about new characters, I was hoping for a brand new DLC character for some reason. Something they thought might be too out there for the main game but a subset might still want.

Still,
    Fujin never really got his due, so I’m happy he’s returning.

DLC
    Very curious how a Joker fighter will play in the gore-friendly MK universe.
    I can't wait to see his fatalities. But I also wanna know - with the Joker movie coming out, will he look like the Joaquin Phoenix version? They could time his release as a tie-in with the movie.

Undead Monkey on
    I am so sick and fucking tired of
    the Joker
    at this point. Why couldn't it be
    Scarecrow

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    ShangTsung
    Joker
    Nightwolf
    Terminator
    Sindel
    Spawn
    Ash
    Fujin
    Sheeva

Well, if this list is true, I got one of my dream characters and one that should've been on my radar of guesses, and I'm very glad to see it:
    ShangTsung
    Joker
    Nightwolf
    Terminator
    Sindel
    Spawn
    Ash
    Fujin
    Sheeva
    Groovy.

Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm...character speculation.
    I have to say the complete lack of Takeda or Kung Jin anywhere is starting to make me suspicious as to their fates.
    It’s kinda strange. If it was just time shenanigans you’d think Cassie and Jacqui would also be time-wiped. I want to imagine Netherrealm has a plan for these three characters on their own.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    DLC speculation
    I kind of don't see the terminator fitting here. The t-1000 would be cooler if it wasn't for loading as it could take the forms of different characters. But I'm guessing it'll be the Arnold version. And that just seems boring to me.

Ash though? Groovy

No lie, I would legitimately be into a full adventure game Konquest mode, even if they could only do it by using 2-D sprites like the original Gameboy Link’s Awakening.

In many ways that would actually be better than trying to make a third-person fully modeled world fully of polygon people and invisible walls.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I mean you already have Kano