As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I mean you already have Kano

So you're saying we're getting a metroid type game where kano can drop bombs in his spinny move.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I think we all missed the big deal with that DLC:
    what, no tekunin?

• Options
    The more I think about it the more I hope and could see
    It being the t-1000. It's still a terminator and you have more possibilities with it. Being able to morph your body into weapons, he could have long range probjectiles or even moves like venom had in marvel vs capcom. Plus he could have some pretty cool fatalities.

Arnold, would just have guns and a lot of strength

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    It being the t-1000. It's still a terminator and you have more possibilities with it. Being able to morph your body into weapons, he could have long range probjectiles or even moves like venom had in marvel vs capcom. Plus he could have some pretty cool fatalities.

disagree.
    I want the T-800, just the endoskeleton, a nasty, hateful silver machine man that’s all swiveling arms and heavy metal. No Arnold or guns, just a strong robot man with red eyes who doesn’t bleed.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

Yes, I think that would be easier to make work than
    The T-800, but I have a feeling the fans would be upset if isn't Arnold's model. But I grew up in that 80's and 90's - watched Terminator 2 more times than I can count. If they can get Robert Patrick to VA the T-1000, I'll be very happy.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options

disagree.
    I want the T-800, just the endoskeleton, a nasty, hateful silver machine man that’s all swiveling arms and heavy metal. No Arnold or guns, just a strong robot man with red eyes who doesn’t bleed.

This could also be cool, but
    How do you make that work with some of the fatalities we've seen, especially the "skinning" ones?

• Options

disagree.

How do you make that work with some of the fatalities we've seen, especially the "skinning" ones?

I never even thought of that problem as I thought that might be the route as
    Arnold likeness might cost money

• Options

disagree.

That’s an excellent question. No idea, really, but maybe
    the ‘skin’ is the outer layer of the surface. Like the silver wrapper of a candy bar. T-800’s gotta be full of filament wire and other busy electronics that can spill out for fatalities.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    If the leak is true
    Someone pointed out that these are all speaking characters compared to the MKX guest characters who were all non-speaking. Based on that alone and the possibilities it means for some great banter, I'm already more hyped than I was for the MKX characters.

Some of the dialog of the guest characters has also already, supposedly, been datamined (spoilering again in case folks don't want to see this yet):
    Joker: You look like a hugger, bring it in!
    Spawn: I'll turn you inside-out ass first, clown
    Joker: I love it when they talk dirty!

Undead Monkey on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    DLC leak
    The Terminator's dialogue better have a first-person view where he selects his dialogue.

And it's always "fuck you, asshole".

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    It's probably been mentioned re that DLC leak but I see the official trailer and the last second appeared to have
    Night wolf

I always enjoyed playing as them.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    It's probably been mentioned re that DLC leak but I see the official trailer and the last second appeared to have
    Night wolf

I don’t think so. I think that’s
    Fujin
    based on all the tattoos

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

Yes, I think that would be easier to make work than
    The T-800, but I have a feeling the fans would be upset if isn't Arnold's model. But I grew up in that 80's and 90's - watched Terminator 2 more times than I can count. If they can get Robert Patrick to VA the T-1000, I'll be very happy.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be
    both

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Night wolf

I don’t think so. I think that’s
    Fujin
    based on all the tattoos
    It looked like Liu Kang to me, infused with god powers or something

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Yeah...spoiler you guys are talking about.
    Guy at the end had fire and lightning swirling around him. So seemed like Liu Kang and Raiden fused somehow?

Maybe like Raiden ends up sacrificing himself and giving Liu his powers or something.

Or the Elder Gods make Liu Kang the new protector of Earthrealm.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Preload is up on PS4

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    actual legitimate for real story mode spoilers for the thing people are talking about the trailer
    for seriously, leaked story mode spoilers
    it's fire god liu kang

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    I asked about it a couple pages ago, but I went ahead and picked up a Hori Fighting Commander because I don't care for MK games on stick and I don't like my elite Xbox controller for fighting games in general.

In case anyone was wondering, it's a pretty solid controller. Light (it doesn't have rumble, so none of that componentry adding to the weight), but not cheap - solid build. Responsive input on dpad and buttons. Tested it out on MvC:I and I'm digging it so far. In case anyone is looking for something as an alternative to the base system controllers for their respective consoles (there is a PS4 version), it's pretty slick.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Just looked up the Hori Fighting Commander. I really like that, I might grab one for my PC.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

"There's a long list of joke characters in fighting games: Dan, Dr (never heard of them), Shinnok'. Lol.

• Options
    It turns out Raiden’s wikipedia page presently has a surprisingly detailed rundown of the thunder god’s role in the MK timeline. I guess Reptile’s people were collateral damage in the original war against Shinnok? Oh, Raiden.

• Options
    It turns out Raiden’s wikipedia page presently has a surprisingly detailed rundown of the thunder god’s role in the MK timeline. I guess Reptile’s people were collateral damage in the original war against Shinnok? Oh, Raiden.

Were they fighting for or against raiden?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2019

They were collateral. Turns or when two gods have an all out war, it fucks some shit up.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options

Thet were collateral. Turns or when two gods have an all out war, it fucks some shit up.

Oh, gotcha. I was thinking they were just considered dispensable when I read it.

• Options
    Debating whether to watch a video of the story or wait until October for when I can afford a new xbox and this game.

• Options
    Kind of baffled there isn't a Nintendo exclusive character. Dorf wrecking some MK mooks could be super fun, and entirely in line with the character.

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Kind of baffled there isn't a Nintendo exclusive character. Dorf wrecking some MK mooks could be super fun, and entirely in line with the character.

I think exclusive characters might be a thing of the past. I feel like it’s probably more lucrative for them to go the DLC route with stunt casting from outside properties.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Direct feed of the Switch version. Finally. Some new fatalities in here if you are trying to avoid that. The Switch version looks... ok? Not sure why they have gone to such lengths to hide it.

https://youtu.be/EF-AgcihU1c

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Man, seeing something this calibre on the Switch as portable is mind-blowing to me.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Also goddamnit I don't wanna wait another 2 days.

That does it!

@Variable @nexuscrawler

BRING ME MY ARMOR OF THEFTERY!

• Options
    The lighting and coloring on the Switch version looks more...basic than what we’ve seen in the others-like the assets are the same but they lack one or two passes and come off more stripped down. Flatter colors. Maybe they’ve even got the brightness maxed out.

Weirdly, the blood effects look absolutely identical.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

They should have Kirby. That all-consuming maw that devours anything.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i feel like the video thumbnail above is a pretty clear explanation as to why there are no nintendo exclusive characters

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I wish MK had more legs on PC, at least as far as online play goes. I would love to see this game pushed to it's limits on my PC, but the communities for NRS games on Steam seem to peter out pretty quickly.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I wanted to resist watching the new fatalities but I couldn't.

• Options
    i feel like the video thumbnail above is a pretty clear explanation as to why there are no nintendo exclusive characters

@klemming is onto something here. Kirby can kill without it being gory. Just show Kirby inhale them, then show the person moving around inside Kirby until they stop moving. Its effective, horrifying, bloodless, and fucked up. This works.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

klemming is onto something here. Kirby can kill without it being gory. Just show Kirby inhale them, then show the person moving around inside Kirby until they stop moving. Its effective, horrifying, bloodless, and fucked up. This works.

And then Kirby spits out a star crafted of bones and meat that explodes when it hits the edge of the screen.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

klemming is onto something here. Kirby can kill without it being gory. Just show Kirby inhale them, then show the person moving around inside Kirby until they stop moving. Its effective, horrifying, bloodless, and fucked up. This works.

Alternatively, Yoshi. There's a cutscene in Crafted World that's practically a sanitised fatality.
    You find an object and get the choice of breaking it or not. Select break, and the eggless Yoshi looks around and spots a Shyguy just minding his own business. The two look at each other for a moment, and you can see the helpless fear on that hidden masked face. Then Yoshi's tongue extends, and instant darkness.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Put in Captain Falcon. Fighting games are all he's really doing these days, anyway.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!