Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dungeon World] Glamjin’s Tower of Glory

11719212223

Posts

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Alas, as you realise this the object rots at an exponential rate along with the scabbed mess. It leaves behind only a faint stain.

    It was real, and then gone. Like a memory given form.

    Finnegan pushes a dining cart along the train. He stops and gives you a nod, “I’ll have someone clean that up.”

    Taking off his hat and putting on a hair net Finnegan gets on his knees and scrubs the carpet clean furiously.

    “It’s always me.”, he grumbles in an accent as thick as mud.

    Afterwards Finnegan pats his clothing down and puts on his hat.

    “Fancy a cup of tea, anyone?”, he says.

    BahamutZERO
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Gisard, from the floor of the cabin where he was writhing in agony a moment ago, manages a faint "Yesss please, that would be lovely."

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Finnegan takes a white china cup and saucer from the cart and gently places it in your hands. Next he takes out a matching kettle and carefully aims it over the cup at an angle to pour it. He looks on amiably as absolutely nothing is poured from it.

    “And not a drop spilled!”, he congratulates himself, “I hope you are enjoying your trip on the Revelation so far! The view of the countryside is best by train I’ve always said.”

    He stands up straight and smiles at the corner of the cabin, then steps back out to push the dining cart back down the train. Soon enough he’s asking an empty cabin ‘fancy a cup of tea?’.

    Meanwhile further forward Hiroki Kaeruken is holding an empty cup upside down over her small froggy head with a look of exasperation.



    Time to talk I’d say, and to ask questions.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 16
    "This tea isss not very strong. Another crime for which Glamjin must pay." Gisard is still lying on the floor.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    NipsGrogEndless_Serpents
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Holly reattaches her head and looks around at her comrades. "Psh, you lot've clearly never been to a Hearthfest in Stortesia, THAT's a wild time."

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 17
    The train rumbles on.

    In the distance a crystal spire pierces fluffy clouds on a floating island of emerald green. The train rises steeply, allowing you a good look at it. Shadows of large dungeon parts briefly send you into darkness over and over as you pass beneath them.

    Visible from Hao-Gou’s cabin is a curve of train tracks, sideways from your perspective. You must have corkscrewed at some point without feeling the change in gravity.

    Far below you is a jagged belt of icy rock and a few brick cubes that fell long ago. Old iterations perhaps, now defunct puzzles and tombs for forgotten monsters. The largest rock has an active volcano which causes an hazardous looking orange glow against the grey backdrop.

    By the looks of things you’ll be arriving soon enough at this crystal spire. Hard to judge time and distance with sections of moving dungeon in place of celestial bodies.

    Things to consider, and think about who may know an answer:
    - What is a ‘mortal blade’?
    - What is the plane of Informe?
    - Can you tap into this plane’s power?
    - What is it Glamjin wants from you?
    - What is it that you should do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 17
    Bran, clearly in a form of reverie, mouth agape with a slight trail of drool forming, suddenly jerks back to reality with a start.
    "Impossibleserpentthatsurroundsallreality!" the rogue shouts, suddenly back in his own small existence. He slows his rapid breathing, as he realizes everyone is now staring at him.

    "I, um....ahurm. That...huh. Huh. Huh? Huh."

    A beat passes, then Bran turns and puts a wild, crazed stare straight into Gisard's eyes.

    "Why is this never not weird?!?!"

    After a small moment of shared confusion, and then explanatory chat, Bran relays everything the serpent god told him.

    "Also: what does 'liminal' mean?"

    [OOC: Wanted to close the loop there.]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Pythagon? You sssay you met Pythagon? Ridiculous. A fairy tale, you were probably hallucinating something... something that this weird space pulled out of my memoriesss. If you had met Pythagon, you'd probably be able to do sssomething space-bending now to prove it; that wasss a favorite Hisstian fable after all, those who perceived Pythagon gained ssstrange powers to alter space and distance. As for liminal: adjective. Relating to a transitional or initial stage of a process, or sitting upon a boundary or threshold."

    "Gods, my head isss killing me. I don't suppose anyone has any actual tea, or ssstrong alcohol on hand? No, not you, thank you though Finnigan. "

    OOC: today I looked up a word in the dictionary

    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Holly fixes her mind on her favourite blend of Tullian Whiskey, just to see if she can will it into existence in this plane of imagination.

    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    New Basic Movies

    Shape Thought
    When you will an object into existence, roll +Int:
    - Roll +1 if the object is about the size of a dagger or smaller.
    - Roll -1 if the object is larger than a dagger, but can be held in one hand.
    - Roll -2 if the object can be held in two hands.
    - Roll -1 if the object has moving parts.
    On a 10+, you create the object and choose one.
    On a 7-9, choose two.
    - The object is crude, volatile, or not quite as you imagined.
    - There is a psychic blowback—take -1 ongoing to construct objects until you leave the area.
    - The object will last no longer than a few moments.
    On a 6-, you make nothing, or it is twisted against you.

    To create a large object the whole party will have to decide in advance on what you’re making together, and the chosen psychic conduit will then roll +Int without any additional modifiers. Such an act can’t be done quickly or under great stress.

    Traversing the Informe
    When you traverse the raw open stuff of the Informe, roll +Wis.
    On a 10+, you pick a point and fly to it. Your momentum grants you +1 forward on a physical action.
    On a 7-9, you’ll get there, but first you must surpass an obstacle.
    On a 6-, you fail to comprehend, and fall away slowly.

    You can only move in such a way through the chaotic space of Informe. Planartoids, floating islands, precursor discs, the internal areas of ships, and anywhere else solid and permanent provide their own contained physics much like a material plane.

    Until Bran successfully (7+) displays one of these moves only he has access to them. Then you all have them. They are basic moves, like hack and slash, as long as you’re in the Informe.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 18
    You focus Bran. You hold your hands around a cup that doesn’t yet exist. Then you face-plant into the adjacent seat.

    The frog samurai flies through the air, but deftly unsheathes her katana and lodges it in the doorway of your cabin. Her use of expletives is as artful as the rest of her actions.

    KAR-KOOOOM!!!

    Your eyes dart to the sky as a blue-blackness rips into the grey expanse! It slows as it descends, reminding you of ink billowing into a glass of water. Then a great flash of hot red, liquid gold, shocking bright blue! Like lightning without the thunder! Something whirls, zig-zags, banks and rises again in a shower of flames!



    The train screeches to a halt! Parts of the track up ahead are blasted into pieces! Finnegan lands heavily on his knees in front of your cabin, and for a moment he is still.

    “Who—! No! We c-c-cannot b-be late! Oh me oh my! I s-shouldn’t be out!”

    “Silence worm! You snivelling cretin! You preposterous—“

    He gets onto one knee and wags a finger at you.

    “Sorry about not having any food for the dining cart, but not to worry, no no no, Glamjin’s dining cart is full, and that’s what matters dearies.”, he licks his lips dreamily, “And— I said and— O’ aye an’ why no jus’ sing ‘em a song aboot it too Molly.”

    Finnegan says something quiet and serious to himself. The skin on his face contorts into a silent snarl. Then Finnegan pats down his uniform and stands up. He smiles a very strained smile.

    “Sorry about the delay.”, a blast of silver radiance barely misses the train, “Leaves on the track. All sorted in a bit. How are you all enjoying the trip so far? I’ve always said the view of the countryside is best by train.”

    Outside worker creatures fling themselves at a fast moving object. It’s painfully bright to look at, wheel-shaped. Besides the workers strange vessels now approach it. You hear the deafening boom of cannon fire before you see it. The wheel is struck, and barrel rolls down and underneath the ships, firing off brilliant rays of light! It manoeuvres again and again as more workers fling themselves at it and it’s struck once more by a barrage of cannonballs.

    You’re shocked out of your spectatorship as a worker crawls along the outside of your carriage and off to the front of the train. You hear more skittering across the roof. They’re going to fix the track. Damn fast too.

    What do you do?

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited April 18
    Holly stares out at the chaos, then looks down at her open palms "I was only trying to summon whiskey."

    The bright wheel catches her eye and, without retina to burn, she tries to suss it out.

    Geth, roll 2d6 for Discern Pseudo-Realities
    I'll ask: What here is valuable or useful to me? because I reckon this flying thing isn't a friend of Glamjin.

    Discern Pseudo-Realities:
    2d6 7 [2d6=4, 3]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    1bjmd0eaos0w.jpeg

    It is an angel.

    It’s getting absolutely blasted. But it’s holding out, for now. A couple of the vessels firing on it are torn apart and drifting in different directions. A least a hundred dead worker creatures are clinging to it, ash and embers.

    You’re right, Glamjin has plenty of enemies. But why now? Why has it been able to break into his realm, why not before?

    Is Glamjin so powerful he doesn’t need to show up in person? Or...

    What here is valuable or useful to me?

    Tough one. The angel is (a very unclear, imprecise) miles away and getting bombarded.

    Right beside you Finnegan has just had a freaky outburst, and has very much lost their cool. Friend or foe? Friends and foes?

    You might be a better swordswoman, but you’ve an inkling the samurai knows more than you about weapons themselves. Sweet Eleanor is looking even better than you thought it could. Something about needing a mortal blade?

    Hao-Gou is always useful! He’s stood behind Finnegan in the opposite cabin. Bet he could hold him down with a paw if you need him to...

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 18
    Weird. Weird weird weird. Okay, conjure something. Something easy. Something I know.

    Bran holds onto the chair he's in with one hand, and extends his other, palm up.

    A rough-hewn coin pops into existence. Barely more than a metal disc, Bran squints at it puzzlingly, trying to discern which pocket he originally stole it from. Before he can identify it though, it disappears from existence.

    The rogue lets out an excited and sudden 'Whoop!'.

    [OOC: Choose two: Crude and Momentary]

    Geth, roll 2d6+1 for Shape Thought (Small +1, INT)

    Shape Thought (Small +1, INT):
    2d6+1 9 [2d6=2, 6]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 19
    "What? What are you whooping about? Why are you practicing slight of hand? What in the hells isss going on outside? Godsdamn, thisss migrane is killing me. I really need a drink with some ice..."

    Geth, roll 2d6+3 for Shape Thought (+1, +int)

    Gisard jerks to a stop mid-complaint, lifts his hand up, and stares agape at the fine crystal tumbler filled with cubes of ice and an amber liquid that has appeared in it. "Um... thank... you?" He smells the liquid. "... vinegar?"

    Well, at least it's cold. He puts the glass on top of his head to soothe his splitting headache.

    "Hao-Gou, please firmly restrain Mr. Finnegan, he seemsss to be having some sort of episode. Perhaps an episode involving too many soulsss in crammed into one body, hmm?"

    Shape Thought (+1, +int):
    2d6+3 12 [2d6=5, 4]

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_SerpentsNips
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Without a word the shishi pins Finnegan to the carpet.

    “Wizard.”, spits Finnegan, “We’re all happy on this train!”

    He tries to struggle but it’s simply no use. His eyes flicker and he pulls a dozen expressions. The lights go out, leaving a dim grey ambience. Frost now adorns the ceiling and windows.

    “Not even one spare for me. A waste! Perhaps he won’t miss one...”, he murmurs, “Please don’t hurt me! I’m nobody! Spare me, please!”

    He begins to sob.

  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    "Yes, it'sss a very nice train. I assume. I've never seen one before now but it left a positive first impression, aside from the psychic torment of looking out the window, and being haunted. But you, all of you shouldn't be here. You all reached the last stop long ago, didn't you? Why are you still riding the train?"

    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Something writhes beneath Finnegan’s skin, his neck bulges grotesquely. He grimaces up at Gisard with his eyes closed.

    “To exist.”

    You flinch, preparing yourself for spell or might, but he remains pinned.

    “We are immortal. Continuous. Preserved.”, his hands claw into the carpet, his head shaking side to side, “This is good.”

    The room is covered in an frosty veneer. Your breath is visible, billowing a ghostly white.

    Pulling with her spring-like arms and legs the frogfolk samurai manages to rip her katana from the doorway and somersault away. She lands in a perfect defensive stance.

    “Yōkai. A spirit. A ghost it may be, but it has grown further, else it was spawned in the underworld itself. A hungry ghost.”, she says.

    Behind her the rest of the train is growing cold too. Sir Krig is walking towards you, everyone else is having a psychic trip or awestruck by the battle between angel and fae fleet outside.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The track will be fixed very soon.

    Miles away the angel is falling like a shooting star. The remaining ships follow it down.

    The point it pierced Glamjin’s realm is sealed. Glittering blue-black stuff is fading into the grey of the vast backdrop.

    Question Time

    Bran, which member of the other parties do you trust the least?

    Holly, what is the true form of the Devil Prince of Blades, the infernal master no duelist should seek?

    Gisard, what would you be willing to sacrifice for the power to defeat Glamjin?

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran trusts Sir Krig the least, by several orders of magnitude.

    Can you trust a person less than not at all? Bran's feelings say yes, yes you can.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Endless_Serpents
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    Hmm, shit. Maybe Gisard would be willing to sacrifice his magic? Definitely not his life. And defeating Glamjin currently means to him "escaping the game, getting everyone else out too, Glamjin gets nothing that he's after." He's not even really thinking in terms of killing Glamjin, that seems far outside what he currently understands is possible.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Endless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    “Kill it. Or I will.”, Sir Krig demands. The knight is now stood in the doorway to your carriage.

    He unsheathes his sword and raises it above his head. The samurai gives him a razor sharp look from his ankle.

    “You’re nothing.”, says Finnegan, “What a joke.”

    You all jerk backwards a step. The train is very slowly building towards carrying on down the track. You hear a shrill whistle. The workers are almost done fixing it.

    Sir Krig slams his sword into the floor to steady himself, slashing open Finnegan’s cheek. The conductor smiles into the carpet.



    Edit: Just to keep you in the know:

    He hasn’t revealed much, but you now know there are many souls in that body, and whatever is in charge has been collecting them from lone adventurers lost on the train.

    He can’t get out from under the pooch’s paw. It’s not a trick.

    Endless_Serpents on
    Nips
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    "Hmm. Exorcisssm isn't really my field, beyond lighting mummies on fire, and getting possessssed that one time. It sort of seemsss like Finnegan doesn't care about being stabbed, though. Are any of you clericsss? Hao-gou, do you have any ability to cleanse evil spirits? We could also try sssimply destroying the train, see what happens."

    Also he makes eye contact with Bran, and does a little motion of miming shooting a bow.

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran pulls his Ivory Bow, and starts a half-draw.

    "So, like, the eye socket? Through the heart? Can't imagine this fella has giblets in the traditional sense." The rogue motions to his nethers, indicating the very-obvious and likely useless crotch-shot.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited April 20
    The Devil Prince of Blades? Eddard Sworderhands? The Author of Cutting? Why, he'll appear as your mother, your favourite goat, your dearest most beloved friend. But his true form (so they say, Holly has never had any truck with that sort of thing, no sir) is a rust-blackened wheel of iron, it's spokes shards of glass and it's studs glaring goat-eyes.

    ~~

    Holly kneels over the pinned conductor, waving Sir Krig's sword away. "As you can see, my compatriots have tired of this game. I myself can see how being trapped here, alone but many, trapped by a mad fae, would lead you to playing them. What say you share with us exactly what game it is, and we'll see if we'd like to play along." She runs a witchglass finger along her own blade, regarding the other drawn weapons around her. "Otherwise we may have to find a rougher game to play..."

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Parley (show us your cards or we'll mess you up)

    edit: welp

    Parley (show us your cards or we'll mess you up):
    2d6+2 5 [2d6=1, 2]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    NipsEndless_Serpents
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Hao-Gou sniffs the conductor.

    “I have never tried... but this being is on home turf, and quite strong.”, he ends in a growl, to maintain dominance. He hopes.

    The grey elf blearily pokes their head out of their cabin. He puts his hands in his pockets and slumps his way to the doorway. He goes to speak, but the conductor talks over him.

    “Game?! To consume! To live forever! Because Death—”, Finnegan’s head snaps around 180 degrees, “Looks like times up.”, the train jostles you all as it speeds up, “Sorry! Move!”

    Holly! Defy Danger!

    An ichor coated millipede as thick as an arm rips out of Finnegan’s mouth! Its back is covered in tiny glowing orbs. It’s easily seven foot long but it is still attached internally to the body.

    dxb4bim41y32.jpeg

    OOC: The ivory bow will work here, it’s an underworld spirit like a wraith, a spectre, a bogeyman.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Holly has the genius idea to fall apart into millipede-edible-sized bones.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger Int

    Defy Danger Int:
    2d6+2 4 [2d6=1, 1]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Holly

    You feel a sudden surge of pain as your legs are swept out from under you! The millipede spirit (for lack of a better word) whips around the room, then turns to bear down on you!

    One of the tiny orbs on its back glows and smokes.

    You’re struck again, invisibility, somehow, this time in the ribs. But the millipede remains aloft. You take 9 damage.
    Only Holly can look at this:
    ptdb6s8dbi1x.jpeg

    A ghost of an adventurer is attacking you against their will! You have been turned, as per the cleric move.
    Choose one:
    - Flee, for a short while.
    - Stay where you are, but you can’t attack. You can use items.

    Geth roll 1d8+2 for damage.
    Geth roll 1d4 for effect.

    damage:
    1d8+2 9 [1d8=7]
    effect:
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    "Nope, nope, NOPE, we're not dealing with ghost bullshit again."

    Bran leans out of the door to the party's compartment, and looses an arrow from his Ivory Bow.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Volley (DEX)

    Volley (DEX):
    2d6+2 10 [2d6=3, 5]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    (OOC: I'd make an argument for SHOOT FIRST, since Bran was right there with his bow half-drawn, but w/e b/c I'm not sure if it changes the outcome here. Also, probably can't save Holly from herself on the biffed roll.)

    Geth, roll 1d8 for Volley Damage

    Volley Damage:
    1d8 2 [1d8=2]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Bran

    When loosed from your bow the arrow takes on a silver glow! It lodges into the spirits maw and out through its head. It bites down on the arrow, snapping it in half. You’d think a shot through the brain would kill it!

    Its lunging towards you Bran!

    Roll to Defy Danger!

    Many of the orbs along its back dislodge and ping away through the train, leaving it unscathed. The orbs are immaterial—they must be the ghosts of adventurers it has devoured.

    The spirit doesn’t seem to realise any have fled.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Bran, seeing the onrushing horror, does a half-roundoff back into their compartment.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Defy Danger (DEX)

    Defy Danger (DEX):
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=3, 2]

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Bran

    Make a choice:
    - You dodge away, but take -1 forward against it. You’re afraid.
    - You fail to dodge, and suffer harm, but are able to Volley again, right now.

  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Bran cowers a bit just inside the compartment door.

    [Choosing -1 forward]

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    The spirit smashes its clacking jaws against the doorframe and rebounds off. It circles around so fast you hear the wind crack like a whip. It crashes into Sir Krig and tears off his arm!

    His bloody arm! Ripped off!

    He stumbles back. He looks from his arm to the spirit.

    “TO HELL WITH YOU!”, he screams.

    He rams his sword through it, and the spirit recoils. The knight roars as the spirit wails! Then suddenly Sir Krig is knocked upwards by... nothing, hard enough to dent the ceiling. It looks like something is trying to stove his helmet in!

    The train is once again at full speed! You’re getting closer to a floating island green with lush forest. A tower surrounded by cloud awaits you.

    Endless_Serpents on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited April 21
    Holly isn't about to go cowering, not after a cocky line like that. She tries her best to stand her ground with dignity, glaring at the bizarre creature.

    Planar metaphysics was never her forte, but the bestiaries always caught her fancy. There was one tome she remembered pilfering from a library in the Free Sodalities, mainly for the illustrations, that detailed the Chthonic Soullipede.

    HP: 7/16

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Spout Lore: Chthonic Soullipede

    Spout Lore: Chthonic Soullipede:
    2d6+2 11 [2d6=4, 5]

    Grog on
    rm4k6cctdpin.png

    NipsBahamutZERO
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 22
    Gisard is trying to hide behind Hao-gou, but there's not really any space behind him in these cramped quarters so he's just sort of next to the shishi peering around his front leg at the melee. "I was pretty sure the train was going to be itsss true form. I guess I'm not right every time." Sir Krig's arm goes sailing by. "Shit." This train carriage is sadly far too enclosed to safely make use of his new fireball spell, but blasting some good old fashioned Dragonfire at it shouldn't be a problem.

    Geth, roll 2d6+2 for Cast Dragonfire (int)

    Gisard draws unwelcome attention or is put in a spot.

    Cast Dragonfire (int):
    2d6+2 7 [2d6=2, 3]

    BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d4+3 for Damage

    Damage:
    1d4+3 7 [1d4=4]

    BahamutZERO.gif
    NipsGrog
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Holly

    The creature’s origins lie in the spirit realm itself. There it is a barely formed thing, quick to fade back into thoughtless, shapeless ectoplasm. Only if it is brought into a material realm does it truly exist.

    It is likewise quick to evaporate unless it gains a fuel source: souls. This gives it a primitive, uncontrolled immortality—but it can never truly last. Eventually it would be overwhelmed by the number of souls it carries. These creatures were the first mortal beings looked to in the search for overcoming death... but were found wanting.

    The pearl-like orbs adorning its back are the trapped ghosts of adventurers. Bran’s arrow dislodged many, one more shot might be enough to remove them. Then it’s just a matter of waiting, or more prudently, smashing it to bits.

    Gisard

    Being so close to the shishi as you spit a swirling rainbow of flames causes him to flinch and remove his paw from the spirit’s corpse puppet.

    It gets up on all fours and skitters around to face you. It’s millipede-like outer form swings around to face you as your flames dance across it! It lunges for you before you can react like a flaming comet!

    The spirit smashes you through the window of Hao-Gou’s carriage! You tumble out backwards, and your life flashes before your eyes! However, you just manage to grab onto the window ledge! Shattered glass litters your robes and cuts at your hands.

    Outside gravity is completely different. You don’t feel like you’ll fall down, you’re holding on not to be dragged sideways! It’s all a blur, but you think the dungeon pieces being shuffled around are all upside down. The train must going in a loop de loop!

    Holly, the effects placed upon you have ended.
    Only Holly can see this:
    The ghost attacking you loses the menace in their eye. They grip a cord attaching them to an orb on the spirit’s back, visible only now.

    Gisard, you’re winded, and can’t cast spells and hold on at the same time.

    Gisard will need help getting back on the train. Hao-Gou is far too large to properly aid him.

  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited April 23
    Meanwhile

    Margulis (grey elf, heaviest armour out of anyone, quiet to a fault) throws a potion at the spirit. He misses. It shatters in the carriage behind yours and a mass of wild grass and poppies bloom.

    “Uh. A merchant in the desert city told me that was corrosive.”, he says.

    Hiroki draws her blade, cuts off several of its lower legs in one leap and lands across the corridor. She begins to chant is a surprisingly baritone voice as she turns and takes on an offensive stance. It’s not your style Holly, but you see the techniques as your own nonetheless: The frogfolk samurai is an arcane duelist.

    Whatever was attacking the knight stops. He falls to the floor. With a few choice curses Sir Krig picks up his arm. He slams it back on his shoulder and barges a wall. It’s as if it had never been torn off. He gives it an experimental stretch, then goes to get his sword. No blood is been spilled, which is still strange even with all you’ve seen.

    The rest of the adventurers are waking up from their various trips.

    Edit: Potentially no update tomorrow, night work has cropped up.

    Endless_Serpents on
    BahamutZERO
Sign In or Register to comment.