As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're three times as fast in the 3rd [Gunpla] & Plastic models thread

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Bandai also announced an MG Gundam F-90, as an all new kit.
    It's Premium Bandai only

EDIT: I am late and this was mentioned last page

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    It being p-bandai when it's one of their special 40th anniversary thing is bad enough.

But then it's also designed to have a bunch of optional weapon packs that are also all p-bandai.

IDK how many people there could be out there chomping at the bit for F90s, but uh RIP them I guess.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    in other P-Bandai news, they're doing all of the custom Maganac variants, as expected

but you can also get them all in one package along with option parts to customize the grunt Maganacs you've already bought so you can have a full complement of forty Maganacs, you absolute freak

36%2Bmaganac%2Bcorps.jpg

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Someone needs to do a giant diorama of all the GM variants vs all the Maganacs

I want a mega size maganac

Meganac

X22wmuF.jpg
    Real talk, if they wide released the add on parts for the commander variants on their own I'd probably get 4 maganacs to use them on.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yay! No weapons, funnels, or the stand done, but Moon Gundam is standing!

ZWfjH4Ih.jpg

His legs look SO thick compared to his upper body.

But that's okay. He has decided to take a pet, and is giving said pet ear scritches. No need for weapons and funnels for that!

gQtwqJ8h.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it sort of feels like half the kits they release now are p-bandai releases

BahamutZERO.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It does make me wonder, especially given Bandai Namco pulling out of the US market with Power Rangers and such...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I kind of wish they would do a new kit of the Vigna Zirah {I think that is how to spell it?} from F91 I liked that kit

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    It's definitely possible, given the RE/100 Vigna Ghina variants they've been putting out since last year

the Vigna Ghina II is like, 80% of the way toward being the Zirah, judging from the artwork

uc3ufTB.png
    Psycho plates, backpack, and weapons are assembled... but holy shit do I not want to panel line them right now. Even using a pour-type, it's gonna take quite a while on repetitious work... Though I do think I'll be doing both sides, drawing out the detail on the glowy bits.

YWR6bV3l.jpg

5ILr84nl.jpg

That said? He's technically done, ready to leap into action!

LHNcqU8h.jpg

I'm using the reinforced psycho plate holder arm thingy. The normal ones work fine, but I'm worried about drooping over time even with the weight distributed across two arms.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    It does make me wonder, especially given Bandai Namco pulling out of the US market with Power Rangers and such...

That's just Bandai America, I think.

I'm not actually sure what Bandai America even makes anymore. Also their output for the past several years amounted to "really cheap versions of what Bandai Japan is making for sentai, and still charging absurd prices for said cheap plastic" when it came to Power Ranger stuff

NA Domestic releases of Gundam stuff these days are Bandai Japan developed, released via Bluefin which I am still not really sure whether or not they're a Bandai subsidiary or not.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
    bluefin *is* just part if bandai US now, according to this handy overview crunchyroll just posted

https://youtu.be/wJg1gfsA2kY

(the only thing they got wrong is 3d printing isn't allowed in the GBWC)

uc3ufTB.png
    I really wouldn't mind P-Bandai stuff if you could just get the damn things without a middle man.

Like, making a kit pre-orders only is fine if I could actually just give them my money and get one. Lots of toy lines do something like this. Maybe do two waves so folks dont get screwed if they're broke the first time around or whatever.

I understand that some stuff is to niche to make en masse, just let me buy the damn things from you!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Also, they could set aside a time each year to do a production run by community vote, and basically set up a site for people to petition for any kit they want another run of. Then at some designated cut-off date you announce the most popular option, and let people place preorders for it.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

rg-nu-gundam-promo.jpg

And here's the obligatory P-Bandai bit - double fin funnel add-on

rg-nu-gundam-double-fin-funnel.jpg

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Man this RG Unicorn is just too goddamn fiddly

huhmmm i think i might prefer that sculpt over the ver ka

still a couple things that i might try to change, but it bugs me far less than the RG sazabi

uc3ufTB.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Man this RG Unicorn is just too goddamn fiddly

Yeah, the RG Psycho Frame looks really nice, but it's the sort of model where you pose it how you want and then never, ever even breath on it 'cuz something's gonna pop off. The lower leg is a nightmare to deal with.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That Nu is purdy. Any word on if it kept the psychoframe gimmick from the Ver Ka?

Oh brilliant
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    We only got the 1 picture so far but zooming in it does look like outer armor could open up like the Unicorn. Hopefully it stays on better then the Unicorn though.

steam_sig.png
    some photos of the actual model:

doesn't look like it has full psychoframe parts, tho i wouldn't expect it to, probably has plenty of openable hatches

origin test type guncannon done, just in time for them to announce they're reissuing the all white pbandai one ughhhhh

at least it won't be too expensive since the base kit is pretty simple and it's just a palette swap

uc3ufTB.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I fully expect the RG Nu Gundam to have the psychoframe parts.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    ant5pv1erbol.jpg

New project that I ordered like the day before they teased the RG Nu Gundam. It might be hard to spot in a comparison picture but I airbrushed the armor metallic red.

steam_sig.png
    gihren's greed gustav karl!! i'm probably gonna pass on this one cos i'm already staring at three other pbandai kits in my shopping cart and i haven't even started on the pbandai kits i already have, but look at the colors

20190425_hg_gustav_karl_02.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
    edited April 2019
    Man when Hathaway's Flash comes out we better get an HG of the Penelope (and not P-Bandai!) or I'm going to be very cross.

rx-104ff.jpg

Look at it! It's so dumb! I love it!

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    There's no way they won't have HG kits of that with Hathaway, don't worry

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    it's so dumb, i hate it

uc3ufTB.png
    There is apparently a robot damashi figure of it from back in 2015, but that sucker was $300+ when it was new, lord knows what it goes for now.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Folliebarder%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F09%2Fpenelope_rd_main.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
    it's so dumb, i hate it

but that's why it's good

same with xi gundam, dumb but good

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    c5yppm98qpva.jpg
    Now see, the actual Gundam is kinda neat looking, if I could get just that I might.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited April 2019
    That feeling when you see a panel line that you KNOW isn't going to be visible except in very specific circumstances... but panel lines on white stand out so much that you just can't ignore filling them in...

ceKz3Tlh.jpg

(those shoulders spread exposing the panel lines JUST slightly around the neckline.)

Edit:

Hmmm... following some breadcrumbs about Gundam Narrative, Nu Gundam, and deciding to look into Char again with Psychoframes..

... The fuck?! Clones? Spirits? I... I wasn't expecting that to be the end destination of things...

Edit 2: Did the original Nu Gundam in Char's CounterAttack have the psychoframe glow stuff from Unicorn and such? It doesn't appear that the Perfect grade has opening armor panels, but the Ver. Ka version does. The gundam wiki mentions something about an invoke mode, but doesn't talk about whether or not that mechanic was always present.

Athenor on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    There isn't a PG Nu Gundam. The Nu was a test bed for the Psycommu system specifically designed for Amaro Ray.

edited April 2019
    we got more RG nu images and damnnn it looks nice

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/04/rg-32-1144-rx-93-nu-gundam-release-info.html

original/canonical nu only had a psycoframe cockpit, the full psycoframe is specific to the ver. ka kit, which came out after unicorn started airing

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    c5yppm98qpva.jpg
    Now see, the actual Gundam is kinda neat looking, if I could get just that I might.

if you remove the armor from Xi, they're nearly the same unit. Penelope is kind of the prototype for Xi AFAIK

we got more RG nu images and damnnn it looks nice

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2019/04/rg-32-1144-rx-93-nu-gundam-release-info.html

original/canonical nu only had a psycoframe cockpit, the full psycoframe is specific to the ver. ka kit, which came out after unicorn started airing

Thanks! It makes sense - the Unicorn psychoframe seems way too flashy for my mental image of "early" gundam.

Man, reading the article about Char is like whiplash, reading about Z and ZZ, then going into Char's Counterattack. I recognize that Char is a super recognizable bad guy, but... man it seems like there isn't much logical tissue between A and B. I say this not seeing anything about these films and series, of course.
    Heffling wrote: »
    There isn't a PG Nu Gundam. The Nu was a test bed for the Psycommu system specifically designed for Amaro Ray.

My bad. One of the gundam wiki images on the Nu said "PG" so I assumed.

The only bad thing Char ever did was think the asteroid plan in CC was a good idea.

Well and fuck up Kamile but that's less Bad Guy and more unable to relate to people in a healthy way.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited April 2019
    turtleant wrote: »
    The only bad thing Char ever did was think the asteroid plan in CC was a good idea.

Well and fuck up Kamile but that's less Bad Guy and more unable to relate to people in a healthy way.

I mean, he was trying to hook up with underage girls. He was 20 and Lalah was 17, which isn't that bad, but then he was 34 and Quess was 13. Think about how he took advantage of her and manipulated her emotions, with no qualms about turning her into a child soldier.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    take it to the anime thread, nerds

uc3ufTB.png