As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The randomness of getting the orbs in Crucible is frustrating.

Five matches on my titan, I get 10 orbs total. One match on my hunter, mostly throwing grenades? 16 orbs.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    So the "man with no name" lore. I got two for gambit prime bounty's last week but nothing since, not sure how to get more.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    One of the community managers replied to a reddit thread about the 200 motes of light for crucible/gambit now that they've turned them off in gambit.

A) They are super worried about causing more and more guitar errors, and B) they are trying to find out if they can do something like lower the requirements.

Honestly, part of this is good ol' bungie goal setting. Even with gambit working, 200 is a lot, but they have a daily (not weekly) bounty for 50 generated.

Also, the forest needs to aggressively ramp up its difficulty or something after you've banked 5 minutes, or just straight up cut to the boss room. I, with 2 randoms, managed to get to 102, at which point we got to watch our boss clock go from 8:30 -> 4:59 instantly. The forest run took over an hour. I still need 11 more boss kills, and I don't want that to take 3-4 hours to work through if it can be done in a hour or so.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Just stop after 20 to 30, when you have enough boss clock to beat the bosses.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Grenade recharge directly affects Sentinel Shield refresh rate, can throw as many as you want with tonic, Doomfang gives you super energy back every time you hit something with your shield.

Combine this and your super will easily last through all 5 bosses at the end.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Grenade recharge directly affects Sentinel Shield refresh rate, can throw as many as you want with tonic, Doomfang gives you super energy back every time you hit something with your shield.

Combine this and your super will easily last through all 5 bosses at the end.

Yeah I was doing this in Crucible as well, but with Melee boost to Doomfangs. You can get pretty fast Shoulder Charges and thus Supers, as long as you can actually land the hits with all the grenade spam going on.

Doomfangs/Aggressor remains the underrated hero.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    So the "man with no name" lore. I got two for gambit prime bounty's last week but nothing since, not sure how to get more.

I think you can get 2 each week, per character — the first from completing "I'm a Closer, sir" and the second from completing one of the Daily Prime bounties.

But it might just be random. I think I have 5 entries.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

The problem is getting the rest of your group to stop. I was literally running around yesterday doing nothing, trying to actively sabotage my teammates just to make the run stop.

At one point they both died and I just stood there and stared at their ghosts and let their timers run out, just to try and get the thing to finish.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

The problem is getting the rest of your group to stop. I was literally running around yesterday doing nothing, trying to actively sabotage my teammates just to make the run stop.

At one point they both died and I just stood there and stared at their ghosts and let their timers run out, just to try and get the thing to finish.

If they both died, all you had to do was throw yourself off to end it

• Options

If they both died, all you had to do was throw yourself off to end it

Is that what happens? Good to know. I was terrified I'd get kicked to orbit or something instead so I played it safe.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Gambit Prime is a shit-ass game mode compared to regular gambit.

"We made it one round, but it somehow last longer than 3 regular gambit rounds! Also, once you summon your primevil, the only thing that matters is how good their invader is! Also we gave the invader an overshield so good luck OHKO'ing them before they hit you with a hammerhead"

Titan also sucks as a gambit map. Too big to get around quickly (even with the floor strips), but huge sightline for the invader to blow you the fuck up with.

ronzo on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »

I think you can get 2 each week, per character — the first from completing "I'm a Closer, sir" and the second from completing one of the Daily Prime bounties.

But it might just be random. I think I have 5 entries.
    I've not got any on any character since the very first one, even after reset and switching characters. But I haven't done the closer bounty.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    With Massive not being able to balance or patch there way out of a paper bag on Div 2, I find myself coming back to Guardian land after a 5 month hiatus

Went from 510 to 625LL on my Warlock in 6 hours and have a full set of event armor all patched up to 600 plus to run Verdant Forest with, finally got a Thunderlord and debating whether to try and find someone to run me through getting a Whisper and/or start doing Black Armory shit.

Anything else major I should start looking for?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    This isn't useful now after the fact, but you should have done the quests on Drifter that give you a full set of 640 gear.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    This isn't useful now after the fact, but you should have done the quests on Drifter that give you a full set of 640 gear.

I did 2 of those bounties and wore what I got from them to boost my powerful and prime engrams drops as I was futzing around in PvE content. I'm not the biggest fan of crucible or gambit, unless absolutely necessary.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My roommates and I finally jumped back into this after a six month break.

I am level 39 and they are level 50, with far better equipment/light-levels.

We went on a strike and we only realized it at the end that I actually did zero damage to every enemy as they were all immune to all of my attacks.

I don't know if you folks have ever unleashed a full Sentinel Shield on a standard enemy and had it do literally nothing, but its hilarious.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I got the Rat King catalyst and convinced my raid group to run Last Wish all with Rat Kings. That gun is ridiculous at Rat Pack x5.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    I got the Rat King catalyst and convinced my raid group to run Last Wish all with Rat Kings. That gun is ridiculous at Rat Pack x5.

Last summer when it was relevant I ran with a few EP groups where someone was like "Let's relieve this boredom by all going Rat King". It was ludicrous how fast the bosses would melt.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I hate the grenade spam, but I’m getting through it by having fun sitting back and sniping or Arbalesting. It’s a piece of work. I’ve been hoping to get a fusion in the kinetic forever, I didn’t even imagine to wish for a linear fusion in there.

And the revelry makes it more fun, with those orbs popping up where their helmets were.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Our spring fashion collection includes accessories for every sublcass.
    Protect the City. Look better than Warlocks. But don't look like you're trying.
    s97m33y3f49a.jpg
    Neoteric Kiyot w/Calus's Treasured
    Warlocks must not cede the ongoing sartorial struggle to the Hunters.
    lp3lq3ui811g.jpg
    Cormorant Blade w/Midnight Smith
    Titan also do a fashion.
    i2plwoyyq8c5.jpg
    Sunbreak w/Häkke Camo

#fashiondestiny

awsimo on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Came back for the event, largely to get the exotic and not miss it. Infinite forest is great in how it's infinite, unless you have a good group then it's largely annoying. I've done the fireteam chat thing asking if people want to call it after 15 - 20, but no one ever replies and by 40+ I'm just tossing a grenade or two per encounter waiting for them both to die so I can jump off. The forest remains an incredible missed opportunity. Add more tilesets to the simulation. Add secret rooms that require work to make the simulation spawn. Stick an enigmatic vendor who is sort of like Xur. For the love of something or other, make it harder as you go! I'd pay good money if we landed on Mercury and suddenly non-goofy Vance appeared in the middle of an event and advised us that the entirety of Curse of Osiris was one big simulation and so was every trip back to Mercury.

Wasn't thinking, bought the isochronal on my warlock and got a dupe. Oops.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it would be cool if they had something like power-up stations outside the Vex plate at the end of each "wave" of branches. You could earn some currency, then spend it at the stations for bonuses or maybe save it for better stuff after the next wave. Of course the branch difficulty would need to ramp up.

I'm sure there's a bunch of horde modes that have this kinda stuff, but I enjoyed Transformer FoC's Escalation mode and layout

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's a little insane that you can play 500+ levels in the Verdant forest and absolutely nothing changes. You'd think they would put some incentive in to do that, even just a triumph, or conversely artificially cut a run short in the matchmade version so a few try-hards don't drag a random teammate along for an hour when they'd rather just nuke the bosses and stop.

It's like the Reckoning always restarting automatically instead of waiting for players to start it. It's one of the reasons I avoid it, I've had too many runs where you win and then one or two people leave and it starts up again with just you holding the bag, and also where I've matched in and there's less than a minute left in a run with one guy by himself so there's no chance you'll beat it and you've got to hope that guy doesn't rage quit when it's done so that you can actually get a proper session going. It's pretty stupid.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Yeah, it would be cool if they had something like power-up stations outside the Vex plate at the end of each "wave" of branches. You could earn some currency, then spend it at the stations for bonuses or maybe save it for better stuff after the next wave. Of course the branch difficulty would need to ramp up.

I'm sure there's a bunch of horde modes that have this kinda stuff, but I enjoyed Transformer FoC's Escalation mode and layout

RIP the High Moon of yesteryear. I adored the Cybertron games.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    It's hilariously bad design when after like 20 levels your main goal becomes sabotaging your own team.

I think in general they don't do more with the infinite forest because doing more requires more resources (time, manpower, money, etc) then the live team has available and because generally with these type of games your best bang-in-terms-of-player-happiness per developer-buck is in making new content rather then fixing old content.

shryke on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I'm still stuck on the idea that the Infinite Forest should learn and adapt to your playstyle as you progress.

Each segment should keep track of a few things and then next segment is generated based on all of the previous data its collected. For instance:

Segment 1 ends with the following data collected: Most kills by primary, death caused by Ogre, highest elemental damage done by void, most damage taken from hive

Segment 2 generates with: Primary damage reduced by 10% (all other types increased by 4%), Void damage reduced by 10% (all other types increased by 4%), all hive deal 5% more damage, Ogres have a greater chance of being Daemons
    Segment 2 ends with the following data collected: Most kills by Heavy, no deaths, highest elemental damage done by Solar, most damage taken from Taken

Segment 3 generates with: Heavy damage reduced by 10% (all other types increased by 4%), Solar damage reduced by 10% (all other types increased by 4%), all taken deal 5% more damage, Ogres have a greater chance of being Daemons

Basically each segment should collect information on what you are being effective with and what is being the most effective against you. Then future segments should have modifiers in place to progressively make it harder to use the things you are being effective with and progressively make you have to deal with things that are being the most effective against you. This would fit the theme and also force teams to be more well rounded. And as it gets progressively harder, it would eventually hit a wall where it will kill you.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Had 3 things in the mail, 2 were exotics I needed to grab and look at. Did the event forest. See where this is going? Get to the tower.

YOUR POST OFFICE IS FULL GUARDIAN! I'M WARNING YOU NOW THAT ITS TOO LATE! GO CHECK ON THE BLUES THAT DELETED YOUR TWO EXOTICS!

Jesus Fuck Bungie, are you for real? How can you be so bad at things that other studios fixed for you in the previous game? Let me auto dismantle blues already.

edit:Lucked out, my team just now both died and I was able to jump into the abyss for a speedy 22 turn run!

Nosf on
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    My rando groups can't seem to push past the mid-30s even though we all try. So weird that everyone else has this different experience.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »

RIP the High Moon of yesteryear. I adored the Cybertron games.

The Cybertron games had some of the most fun multiplayer I've ever played and it physically hurts my heart when I think about how it's basically not possible to play anymore

Someone steal the gameplay style and make something like it please

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »
    My rando groups can't seem to push past the mid-30s even though we all try. So weird that everyone else has this different experience.

Mine are pretty binary. Either I have a group that struggles to get to double digits (and can only maybe kill the 1st boss), or I have a group that can go forever if we didn't all get bored.

• Options
    I've been getting matchmade groups that naturally peter out around branch 20, so we end up with around 1.5 minutes to kill the 5 bosses which in most cases is plenty.

• Options
    Went back into competitive, and I’m leaning into the bullshit. There’s no way to really grind glory and just not play for 3 straight weeks.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Only thing more fun than losing to a coordinated 3-stack burn team who lucked into a crack-invader?

Getting disconnected for an instant in the last 5 seconds, so you get to see the "You Lost" screen without getting a reward. And the stupid "Oops, you left a gambit match early, naughty naughty!"

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Went back into competitive, and I’m leaning into the bullshit. There’s no way to really grind glory and just not play for 3 straight weeks.

Yeah, I was doing this too. Spamming skip grenades like it was going out of style.

But lost a ton of games anyway because the matchmaker just fucked me like 4 times in a row. I just need like 2 wins in a row and I will make the most minute of progress this week instead of backsliding. But Bungie just don't wanna give it to me.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »

Yeah, I was doing this too. Spamming skip grenades like it was going out of style.

But lost a ton of games anyway because the matchmaker just fucked me like 4 times in a row. I just need like 2 wins in a row and I will make the most minute of progress this week instead of backsliding. But Bungie just don't wanna give it to me.

I 4-stacked, to avoid unfortunate teammates in matchmaking. Went 9-3 for the night, which is not bad. Should be done getting to mythic tomorrow if we keep it up, and after that the real real grind begins.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    I seriously just figured I would bang out my 3 games for the week to get the bonus. As long as I won at least one of them, I'd be ahead. But nope, 3 losses in a row.

First I get matched 4 randos vs me and a 3 stack. They sucked.
    Then me and me and 3 randos vs 1 rando and a 3 stack. They didn't suck.
    Then 4v4 rando-city. And we lost because despite me getting like 35 kills in one clash and the other guy getting like 28, our other two teammates just fed and fed and fed.

And then it's been back and forth so I'm only making very slow progress out of this hole.

• Options
    It is kinda interesting how the ability spam changes. At first it was all hunters with skips; but the higher we push in glory, the more new things we see. One of our losses was an absolute crushing, mostly by a couple of invis hunters with gemini jesters. My radar was useless for most of the match. And then there was a 4-stack of Titans with armamentarium that was a lot of trouble, and maybe could've won if their gunplay was better, but they couldn't finish the job when they had us suppressed.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Every Reckoning I tried tonight ended with Guitar errors, so I guess I won't be finishing up any more helmets during this holiday

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I'm going to take my level 32, power 392 hunter into Iron Banner to see if it's any good for leveling/shits and giggles. I really, really don't want to slog through the campaign again but if I can grenade/dodge spam my way to 50 at least I'll be able to use my good toys.

Edit: also I got the Prometheus lens catalyst, stupid, but it reminded me that trace rifles are actually fun and I'm going to run Smuggler's Word/Prometheus lens in Crucible soon.

Peen on
  • Options
    Don't you need to do the story to unlock other specs and shit?