As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] April showers bring May Birthdays

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I just realized that every single character in your party in Heartbeat is a woman. Almost all the major NPCs too.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I just realized that every single character in your party in Heartbeat is a woman. Almost all the major NPCs too.

I'm glad someone else had that realization. There're only 3 male characters in the game of note. Grandpa,
    Blitz, and Caesar

I thought it was a typo when the game referred to brandishing "her" weapon constantly until I looked into it and realized, nope, all women.

You liking it @Aistan ? I thought it was a really nice game.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    I am enjoying it, yes. It's a cute story but there's a lot of heavy stuff too. It's well balanced.

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    In visual novel news, we're probably getting a simultaneous japanese/english release of Umineko's "sequel" Ciconia, which I assume is the first time a high profile VN got this treatment. Not taking any chances with MangaGamer links, but they got all the info about it on their site.

And before this causes ravenous thoughts: Not pink, not hentai. Sorry Pixie.

Dac Vin on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Tangledeep finished, if you're itching for a turn based roguelike it's definitely one to pick up. It's even got monster breeding and item worlds and the like

Is there anything permanently missable in Heartbeat? There's all these traversal abilities tied to specific characters but they eventually leave your party and I can't remember all the individual instances i'd potentially use them to go back to beforehand.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    kcpJfdf.png
    Happy Easter!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    How many campaigns is that?

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

All of them ever.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

All of them ever.

From what i hear i think it's only the tutorial and first mission.

steam_sig.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    What's the better "quick play" game: Into the Breach or Oxygen Not Included? I know they're both different types of strategy, but both look good to me. I loved FTL, but only kind of got into Don't Starve, so I was already leaning ItB (plus I hear the soundtrack is great). I've been playing Destiny 2 and Sekiro for so long now, I need a "breather" game before I jump into a major RPG or something.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

Character creation.

s7Imn5J.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Fawst wrote: »
    What's the better "quick play" game: Into the Breach or Oxygen Not Included? I know they're both different types of strategy, but both look good to me. I loved FTL, but only kind of got into Don't Starve, so I was already leaning ItB (plus I hear the soundtrack is great). I've been playing Destiny 2 and Sekiro for so long now, I need a "breather" game before I jump into a major RPG or something.
    ONI isnt even a little bit quick play. The dupes wont die without a fight and you can easily spend 10-20 hours on one playthrough. Its nothing like Dont Starve, its closer to something like Civilization.

I havent played it but you are probably better off with Into the Breach, if thats what youre looking for.

Bedlam on
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular

If Quick Play is the criteria then Into the Breach. Haven't played Oxygen Not Include but that doesn't seem like something to just do in little bits.

Character creation.

It wasn't me.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

3-4 campaigns, I think, and 2-3 careers. Plus maybe 20 or so skirmishes. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Yea, Oxygen Not Included is long tail for sure.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    I need more vampires, people. C'mon, show me whatcha got...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

A guy who deliberately became a vampire for the immortality, giving him enough time to play all the games in his Steam backlog.

emnmnme wrote: »

A guy who deliberately became a vampire for the immortality, giving him enough time to play all the games in his Steam backlog.

Wait

that's an option?

asking for a friend...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Wait

that's an option?

asking for a friend...

Exhibit A: the Nosferatu nerd Mitnik in VtM: Bloodlines. He doesn't miss sunlight or people since he stayed in a dark room in front of his computer all the time anyways.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular

That might work.....if Steam stopped selling games.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Is there anything permanently missable in Heartbeat? There's all these traversal abilities tied to specific characters but they eventually leave your party and I can't remember all the individual instances i'd potentially use them to go back to beforehand.

nope. Nothing 100% missable.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular

Into The Breach is a great quick-play game, not that you'll stop at just one or two or five encounters though, but you could if you wanted to (you won't want to).

steam_sig.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Into The Breach is a great quick-play game, not that you'll stop at just one or two or five encounters though, but you could if you wanted to (you won't want to).
    Plus it's surprisingly easy to hop back into a mission that you ended your last session in the middle of. Figuring out the best way to get through a fight is pretty difficult, but there's a fundamental simplicity to it that means you don't have to remember the complicated gambit you were in the middle of a week ago, you can just assess the situation from scratch and proceed from there.

• MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie wanted to talk about the pack elephant in the room...
    dh9evzj28b7h.jpg
    Thank you so much for treasures of Turan, i cannot wait to build a giant marble palace for my pink elephants! <3<3

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I'll just leave this here:

@Big Classy needs Rage 2.
    wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say-no-more.jpg

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have Sekiro, thankyouverymuch.

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    cB557 wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »

Plus it's surprisingly easy to hop back into a mission that you ended your last session in the middle of. Figuring out the best way to get through a fight is pretty difficult, but there's a fundamental simplicity to it that means you don't have to remember the complicated gambit you were in the middle of a week ago, you can just assess the situation from scratch and proceed from there.

Absolutely this. The run-up time to making meaningful, informed decisions is like, 15 seconds. Balanced against the >1 hour spent reading and cross-referencing before unpausing in the likes of CK2 or any 4X game, it's brilliant for parents

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Hey! Hey guys!

... HOW ABOUT A CONTEST?

Yeah, I haven't done one of these in a while. So why not, right?

I should start with the bait, huh? Bait is good. Like blood. Blood is good. Oh, speaking of blood... Yes, you're vying for a copy of this:

gonn0lxclyyu.png

Who wouldn't want this? I mean, you'd have to be crazier than a Malkavian not to want this, amirite?

Ok so you're gonna need to have at least a rudimentary knowledge of Vampire: The Masquerade...

See, starting in May, I'll be running a Vampire (5th Edition) campaign for my gaming group. Should be lots of fun! There'll be cosplay. There'll be goblets of blood passed around! Wait, no. Forget I said that part. That's a secret.

So this campaign will be set in Boston. Camarilla territory. With all kinds of fun places to set scenes. And not too far from werewolves, for added fun.

Yeah, I hear the Nossie over there in the shadows asking for the bottom line. Whaddaya gotta do? Fine. I need more NPC vampires to populate the city. Sooooo... Create a vampire! Tell me as much as you want/can about them. Make them interesting as possible. My favorite, chosen arbitrarily based on what tickles my fancy, will get worked into my campaign somehow and YOU will own VTMB2! We both win!

So, there ya go. Get your vampire on. I'll leave this open for an undetermined amount of time - basically until I've gotten enough entries and/or it seems like interest has flagged.

EDIT: Clarification - don't bother with stats. I don't need stats and not everyone has played Vampire V5. I just need vamps with personality and style. :)

Reposting in case anyone missed it... NEED MOAR VAMPIRES PLZ

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I just watched the rest of love death and robots

Thought I saw the curse heavy pixar version of into the breach

RoyceSraphim on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    After a long time of eyeballing it, finally bought and started Artifact Adventure.

Game is basically classic Dragon Quest but with the option to screw other people over for fun and profit. First order of business was I sold all three of my party members into slavery for a huge sum of gold, making sure money wouldn't be a problem for the foreseeable future.

This left me vulnerable without a healer so of course I went to a nearby town that relies on their healing artifact to get by and took it from them.

Good start so far. Going to be rough trying to do this solo/DQ1 style but I'm confident if I'm enough of a douchebag, I'll find a way to see it through.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    KATANA ZERO messed up my thumb last night. That game is demanding.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    The only winning move is not to play.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I am tearing through Hand of Fate.

Every moment I am playing it I am in a state of joy.

But I'm coming so close to beating it. It makes me a little sad. Also the Dealer is turning into a grouch.

But then I remember I bought Hand of Fate 2.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    I'll save you!

*pushes Evma further into the abyss*

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »
    I'll save you!

*pushes you further in*

Swim harder!

This discussion has been closed.