As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We're all just doing our best for our [Kids]

• Options
    MusicDragonMusicDragon Registered User regular
    My school didn't even notify parents when a teacher was fired for backhanding a student.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Look at this big 4 year old and very-almost 7 year old!

2019-04-19%2009.04.44.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Burpette is behind the couch at my parents' house. Every few seconds she shouts "MORE SCOTCH*". I have no idea what she is taping up and I'm just not going to look.

*Scotch is French for tape. It's a word she refuses to acknowledge the English word for. I would like scotch.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    We went to an Easter egg hunt in our neighborhood, but Sapling was afraid to pick up anything off the ground, so she didn't get much. Also, I don't really want to give her much candy.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Tomorrow is Easter. My son is 14. He obviously is past tales of magical bunnies, and we don't really go to church so he's not believing the other side of Easter either (in fact, he's probably more included to believe in the bunny part). However, he is completely into scavenger hunts and riddles and so every year I have to create a progressively harder hunt around the house for his candy. I totally enjoy it as well, but I feel completely braindead this year in clues and a theme and whatnot. I think he's outgrown my cleverness.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Tomorrow is Easter. My son is 14. He obviously is past tales of magical bunnies, and we don't really go to church so he's not believing the other side of Easter either (in fact, he's probably more included to believe in the bunny part). However, he is completely into scavenger hunts and riddles and so every year I have to create a progressively harder hunt around the house for his candy. I totally enjoy it as well, but I feel completely braindead this year in clues and a theme and whatnot. I think he's outgrown my cleverness.

No! No he hasn't. You just haven't spent enough time coming up with an elaborate scavenger hunt for him to partake in. It's ok, we all get tired at some point. Being as how he's getting pretty old for egg hunts and such, I recommend you send off this Easter with a bang.

Start by giving him a card with a simple description on it. Have it indicate that he has reached the final "level" and will be challenged harder than ever before. Then have it say that this "Legacy" event will start not today, but on the first of each month. That's right, a multi-month event with each month featuring a new brain teaser to solve, with each part unlocking a larger answer. Reward each month not with candy, but something he enjoys (video game, gift card, special lunch w/you, movie tickets, etc). Because let's be honest, at 14, he's probably not going to want to do candy stuff anymore and all these types of rewards would probably go over better.

And more importantly, having a month to month event not only brings a new surprise bit of fun, but gives you time to actually make something substantial. With more time to plan, and an entire forum of PA folks to bounce ideas off of, you can make this the best Easter yet!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also, I meant to post this Friday, but happy Passover to all of you that will celebrating it with your families!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Beano has a cold. No fever but snotty nose and generally uncomfortable.

He was just eating some dinner and did a big burp, giggled a little, then puked.

Pretty much his first puke ever.

It was very confusing and distressing.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

No! No he hasn't. You just haven't spent enough time coming up with an elaborate scavenger hunt for him to partake in. It's ok, we all get tired at some point. Being as how he's getting pretty old for egg hunts and such, I recommend you send off this Easter with a bang.

Start by giving him a card with a simple description on it. Have it indicate that he has reached the final "level" and will be challenged harder than ever before. Then have it say that this "Legacy" event will start not today, but on the first of each month. That's right, a multi-month event with each month featuring a new brain teaser to solve, with each part unlocking a larger answer. Reward each month not with candy, but something he enjoys (video game, gift card, special lunch w/you, movie tickets, etc). Because let's be honest, at 14, he's probably not going to want to do candy stuff anymore and all these types of rewards would probably go over better.

And more importantly, having a month to month event not only brings a new surprise bit of fun, but gives you time to actually make something substantial. With more time to plan, and an entire forum of PA folks to bounce ideas off of, you can make this the best Easter yet!

I think I've got it this year. I'm making the theme "Cringy Things" and referencing things like bottle flips, dabbing, and vaping. I think it should work out, but I'm sure it's not challenging enough.

• Options
    Gotta start including math problems, maybe an essay section.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Any suggestions on getting a stubborn and stupid smart kid to practice her letters?

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Gotta start including math problems, maybe an essay section.

All for solutions to major geopolitical problems that leave all parties satisfied

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Any suggestions on getting a stubborn and stupid smart kid to practice her letters?

Is it a requirement for her preschool?

I found with Anya that reading was really the best; she practiced letters at preschool, but I couldn’t push her to study them until she had the desire to learn to read, then all of a sudden she was reading everything.

Likewise, with Niko, he’s perfectly capable, but beyond knowing the letters in his name and Anya’s name I’m just continuing to read to him because any time I try and get him to practice in any way he’ll play along for a couple of minutes, but very quickly loses interest. I’m sure he’ll end up being an early reader, too, though; just not a super early reader.

Basically, there’s a limit to how much you can encourage a kid to practice at this age, and unless her school is pushing it I’d probably just focus on reading. I have found that occasionally asking the kids to try and point out letters or words can also help.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Is it a requirement for her preschool?

I found with Anya that reading was really the best; she practiced letters at preschool, but I couldn’t push her to study them until she had the desire to learn to read, then all of a sudden she was reading everything.

Likewise, with Niko, he’s perfectly capable, but beyond knowing the letters in his name and Anya’s name I’m just continuing to read to him because any time I try and get him to practice in any way he’ll play along for a couple of minutes, but very quickly loses interest. I’m sure he’ll end up being an early reader, too, though; just not a super early reader.

Basically, there’s a limit to how much you can encourage a kid to practice at this age, and unless her school is pushing it I’d probably just focus on reading. I have found that occasionally asking the kids to try and point out letters or words can also help.

No it's more for my own brain. well, more her daddy's. She's got her numbers and her counting down pretty well, but while i think she can ID her letters, she's not going to actually tell me that she knows them.

Unless I trick her.

She's only 3 and I know i'm probably getting way ahead of her.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Ya don't stress too much, that's still fairly early. Our Noah is just a tad older and doesn't have much desire to identify letters yet either.

He knows them, because he'll do it when it suits him (i.e. part of a game) but if you just sit him down and ask him about letters, he'll rush through and just tell anything out.

It was the same with counting for a while. He just wanted to get it over with, so he'd count out loud too fast as he's counting things and always end up one or two numbers too high. Counting spaces on a board game? Too fast and oops, my guy is way over here now. But if it mattered to him, like counting out candy pieces or something, he would take his time.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    MusicDragonMusicDragon Registered User regular
    Belated happy Passover and happy Easter!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Any suggestions on how to convince my daughter to strip dropping f bombs constantly? We stopped doing watching anything that might have been using the word, but it's a little late for that now.

Edit: She's a little under 2

Brody on

• Options
    Any suggestions on how to convince my daughter to strip dropping f bombs constantly? We stopped doing watching anything that might have been using the word, but it's a little late for that now.

Edit: She's a little under 2

Immediate punishment after her final warning. Find whatever it is that she would hate (for us, it's putting Abigail in her room) and use that as the punishment for breaking the f-bomb warning.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Passover has been exhausting so far. It's a truly exhausting time of year for me, and that's only partly to do with cleaning. I opened up about it to someone today, and it felt really good to do. And I don't think my son saw much if any of the tearfulness, so that's good too. My son likes matzah so we're okay there, and my daughter... doesn't. This is going to be a light week for her as far as stuff we can get her to eat. I'll probably just end up making her a bunch of eggs, and we have a ton of cheese.

The highlights though:

- Seeing my shy nearly-6-year-old son stand on a chair at a seder and do the Four Questions
    - Smacking around a couple dumb-ass teenagers with a spring onion for having a sword fight with spring onions dangerously close to my two-year-old who was sleeping on the floor
    - My son asking me the morning after each seder why we we only did two cups of wine (he had juice, he doesn't like wine); the answer: we did all four cups both nights but he fell asleep after two
    - The hospitality and generosity of people willing to invite relative strangers into their homes to make sure that people who need a seder have one to go to
    - Seeing an increase in the availability of gluten-free oat matzah even over last year. Making a motzi (the blessing over bread) with matzah is one of the major things you need to do unless it makes you very sick to do. A few years back some company in Israel (I forget which) started making oat matzah that is gluten-free and also kosher for passover. It is obscenely expensive to do and make because passover is pretty much the holiday of gluten, so doing GF matzah requires separately grown and specially handled oats in an entirely separate space from other matzah. I'm told it tastes terrible. I don't want to ask to try it because it is so expensive and I wouldn't want to take it from people who need it to make the motzi, but I think it's pretty great that someone out there got started doing it so that the people who can't have gluten can still have something with which they can properly do the blessing. A few other places have started making it since (and as demand has risen the original company is making larger batches), and that means the prices have come down a bit.

I'm very grateful for all of it, even though every year I end up bursting into tears because my family traditions come from a town so small that even so many in the community are Eastern European that some of the melodies for the songs that I remember so fondly feel all but lost. Each year not hearing them devastates me, a little more each time. After a very special talk with the person I know best, who said she wanted to learn and sing them with me long after both seders were done for the year, I realized that if I want to hear them so much I need to be willing to teach them. Hopefully that way instead of crying about it I can pass on that little tiny piece of my family that means so much to me.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    Oh Ceres.

My heart is so full for you. And he asked the questions?!? How brilliant is he!

I am so glad that you are having a fulfilling Pesach.

Tears and all.

Chag Sameach, my friend.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Lily had a playdate with a friend last Friday and her friend was showing off how she had been practicing the four questions for her big moment on Saturday. It was really adorable (though she was still forgetting #4, so I hope she figured it out on time!)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ugh summer camps. Trying to sign my daughter up, and she's going to three different camps. Trying to sign up for the last one, and running into an age issue. I want to enroll her in the camp for kids entering 1st grade in the fall. Since she will be. But she's still 5, so the person at the desk wouldn't let me enroll her in that camp.( Computer system issue, not stubbornness issue) NY has late cut- off date for schools.. December 31. So anyone born in a particular calendar year is in the same grade ( barring skipping or being held back). Most camps acknowledge this, and have the the correct age range. But this one says grades 1-5, and also says ages 6-11. I don't want to make too big a deal, since she's 5 and will be fine whatever. Have to email the director, who wasn't in, to see if there's anything I can do.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Sprocket gives us the "my stomach hurts" line a lot. I know it's a go-to for kids when they have to do something they don't want to do, but we get it out of the blue occasionally too, often enough that it's a concern. At first we thought it was just the excuse, but it's been a consistent enough thing from her for long enough that we decided to have her checked out. She had blood taken today and they scheduled her for an ultrasound.

I mean, like 99% chance it's just a kid thing, but.. I get whitecoat syndrome at the doctor every time, where even if I'm just there for a med check and refills or whatever totally routine stuff, I still freak the fuck out. When they take my bloodpressure at the beginning of the appointment it's like 150/110 because I don't know. They could tell me anything. If they take it again at the end when it's all over, it's like 110/80 and I'm fine.

So now I'm having proxy whitecoat syndrome because I don't know.

So hey, update on this. Sprocket has wheat and dairy allergies.

She's not lactose intolerant, and she does not have celiac disease, she's actually allergic to specifically wheat, and milk. The list of symptoms, especially of wheat allergy absolutely tracks with everything she experiences.

She's always had respiratory issues, nasal congestion, etc. She has a rescue inhaler, and has needed sessions on an albuterol nebulizer on infrequent but not uncommon occasions, for a few years now. It explains the stomach aches, it explains her asthma, it explains her occasional headaches. It even explains why she's had sensitive skin to some lotions and soaps and easily breaks out in rashes. So, huge relief.

That said, it makes meals a pain in the ass. While she doesn't have to be on a gluten free diet, shopping gluten free is easier because so many people out there think they have celiac, gluten free is everywhere. The big problem is no wheat AND no milk means almost no bread or breaded anything, and what there is that can be bought is holy shit expensive. Like, $10 loaf of bread expensive.

So, some great news, some frustrating news.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    ceres wrote: »
    Passover has been exhausting so far. It's a truly exhausting time of year for me, and that's only partly to do with cleaning. I opened up about it to someone today, and it felt really good to do. And I don't think my son saw much if any of the tearfulness, so that's good too. My son likes matzah so we're okay there, and my daughter... doesn't. This is going to be a light week for her as far as stuff we can get her to eat. I'll probably just end up making her a bunch of eggs, and we have a ton of cheese.

The highlights though:

- Seeing my shy nearly-6-year-old son stand on a chair at a seder and do the Four Questions
    - Smacking around a couple dumb-ass teenagers with a spring onion for having a sword fight with spring onions dangerously close to my two-year-old who was sleeping on the floor
    - My son asking me the morning after each seder why we we only did two cups of wine (he had juice, he doesn't like wine); the answer: we did all four cups both nights but he fell asleep after two
    - The hospitality and generosity of people willing to invite relative strangers into their homes to make sure that people who need a seder have one to go to
    - Seeing an increase in the availability of gluten-free oat matzah even over last year. Making a motzi (the blessing over bread) with matzah is one of the major things you need to do unless it makes you very sick to do. A few years back some company in Israel (I forget which) started making oat matzah that is gluten-free and also kosher for passover. It is obscenely expensive to do and make because passover is pretty much the holiday of gluten, so doing GF matzah requires separately grown and specially handled oats in an entirely separate space from other matzah. I'm told it tastes terrible. I don't want to ask to try it because it is so expensive and I wouldn't want to take it from people who need it to make the motzi, but I think it's pretty great that someone out there got started doing it so that the people who can't have gluten can still have something with which they can properly do the blessing. A few other places have started making it since (and as demand has risen the original company is making larger batches), and that means the prices have come down a bit.

I'm very grateful for all of it, even though every year I end up bursting into tears because my family traditions come from a town so small that even so many in the community are Eastern European that some of the melodies for the songs that I remember so fondly feel all but lost. Each year not hearing them devastates me, a little more each time. After a very special talk with the person I know best, who said she wanted to learn and sing them with me long after both seders were done for the year, I realized that if I want to hear them so much I need to be willing to teach them. Hopefully that way instead of crying about it I can pass on that little tiny piece of my family that means so much to me.

Passover was interesting for us this year. My cousin hosted for the first time in over a decade and that was a whole thing. tl:dr, it went fairly well.

What I do want to post is this:
    00208_MA_Matzo_GlutenFree.jpg
    71IBLTfAA8L._SX522_.jpg
    It's everywhere now. Walmart even carries Gluten Free Matzah Meal and Matzah Ball Mix

I'm not sure where you live but it should be plentiful and not expensive if you're in North America. you do the Ceremony with normal matzah and then pass this around to the person(s) who can't have it.

In my house this year we actually did this:
    00014_MA_Whole-Wheat-Matzo_10oz-P.jpg
    as I'm trying to cut down on pure white carbs. It tastes.... mostly like matzah

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Sprocket gives us the "my stomach hurts" line a lot. I know it's a go-to for kids when they have to do something they don't want to do, but we get it out of the blue occasionally too, often enough that it's a concern. At first we thought it was just the excuse, but it's been a consistent enough thing from her for long enough that we decided to have her checked out. She had blood taken today and they scheduled her for an ultrasound.

I mean, like 99% chance it's just a kid thing, but.. I get whitecoat syndrome at the doctor every time, where even if I'm just there for a med check and refills or whatever totally routine stuff, I still freak the fuck out. When they take my bloodpressure at the beginning of the appointment it's like 150/110 because I don't know. They could tell me anything. If they take it again at the end when it's all over, it's like 110/80 and I'm fine.

She's not lactose intolerant, and she does not have celiac disease, she's actually allergic to specifically wheat, and milk. The list of symptoms, especially of wheat allergy absolutely tracks with everything she experiences.

She's always had respiratory issues, nasal congestion, etc. She has a rescue inhaler, and has needed sessions on an albuterol nebulizer on infrequent but not uncommon occasions, for a few years now. It explains the stomach aches, it explains her asthma, it explains her occasional headaches. It even explains why she's had sensitive skin to some lotions and soaps and easily breaks out in rashes. So, huge relief.

That said, it makes meals a pain in the ass. While she doesn't have to be on a gluten free diet, shopping gluten free is easier because so many people out there think they have celiac, gluten free is everywhere. The big problem is no wheat AND no milk means almost no bread or breaded anything, and what there is that can be bought is holy shit expensive. Like, $10 loaf of bread expensive.

My wife has celiac's which caused lactose intolerance, so I definitely feel you on the difficulty of that change. I'm not sure if you guys do Costco, or even have one near you, but our has Udi's bread that comes in a two pack for ~7 dollars, which is about the cost of 1 loaf everywhere else.

• Options

My wife has celiac's which caused lactose intolerance, so I definitely feel you on the difficulty of that change. I'm not sure if you guys do Costco, or even have one near you, but our has Udi's bread that comes in a two pack for ~7 dollars, which is about the cost of 1 loaf everywhere else.

Oh yeah, we do Costco, and our cupboards are now full of Udi's stuff. We just tried a few different things before we thought to check Costco. Some of it was pricier and she liked it less. There will be some experimental time while we feel out what works and doesn't, and what we can get her to eat and what we can't.

She's also off school lunch until/unless we can get her eating salad, cause there's just no regular options that will line up for her.

Fortunately she likes Indian and we found some Chinese she likes, and rice is all clear, so we'll be having plenty of that.

• Options
    Fortunately she likes Indian and we found some Chinese she likes, and rice is all clear, so we'll be having plenty of that.
    to me this just sounds like your family got a delicious blessing in disguise!

(of course being Jewish you're basically just now eating the foods of my peoples which is all delicious)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Our daughter is showing no signs of potty training improvement. We were going pretty hard w/diaperless training at home and school, but the teacher told us she needed to go back to diapers because it wasn't sinking in. We agreed and went back to diapers about a month ago.

Last Friday, the wife wanted to try potty training again. I begrudgingly agreed (I didn't think she was ready) and we gave it a go. The entire weekend was reminders for her to go use the bathroom, her fighting and saying she didn't have to go, then her wetting her pants. Worse was that she isn't showing regret or unease by having wet underwear, so she's not learning or caring if she has accidents. By mid-Sunday, the wife was fed up and said let's give her another month.

At this point, she's 3.5 years old and clearly will do this when she's ready. I just wish she was fucking ready already.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Oh yeah, we do Costco, and our cupboards are now full of Udi's stuff. We just tried a few different things before we thought to check Costco. Some of it was pricier and she liked it less. There will be some experimental time while we feel out what works and doesn't, and what we can get her to eat and what we can't.

She's also off school lunch until/unless we can get her eating salad, cause there's just no regular options that will line up for her.

Yeah, a lot of it is just a not particularly great imitation. Try and avoid copycat foods for a month or so, and then start introducing it, and it will go a lot better, as then you aren't comparing it with the sandwich you had last week.

I constantly screw this up for myself by eating gluten stuff at work all the time, so when we make pasta at home its really hard to get over the flavor/texture difference.

• Options
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    to me this just sounds like your family got a delicious blessing in disguise!

(of course being Jewish you're basically just now eating the foods of my peoples which is all delicious)

Yeah like.. A medical reason to eat meat + sauce + rice? Fucking boo hoo.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    We should probably work harder on getting Niko fully off diapers. He doesn’t need ‘em during the day, just nighttime.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    We should probably work harder on getting Niko fully off diapers. He doesn’t need ‘em during the day, just nighttime.

Isaac is 4.5 now, he's fully potty trained during the day but still wears a pull-up at night and I honestly have absolutely no problem with that. We're firm believers on letting the kids do potty training when they are ready, why force it only to have heartache. He transitioned pretty much on his own from diapers at like 3.5ish and more recently has pretty much nailed it, I don't remember the last time he even had an accident at daycare.

My daughter who is 2.5 is showing much earlier interest. At nighttime she asks to go to the potty and she ALWAYS goes if she asks. The thing is she doesn't always ask, so she's not ready yet but it's a good sign for the future. Also when she does go on the toilet she's so happy and excited and it's the best.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that's true. I guess my main concern is what a preschool will ask for (sometimes they ask for kids to be fully potty trained), but if he's fine during the day it's really a non-issue.

• Options
    Yeah, that's true. I guess my main concern is what a preschool will ask for (sometimes they ask for kids to be fully potty trained), but if he's fine during the day it's really a non-issue.

Naptime at that age is either short or non-existant. As long as they have him pee before any naptime, he should be fine for that short of a sleep.

• Options

He’s potty-trained for the purposes of preschool. Preschool won’t give him naps.

• Options

He’s potty-trained for the purposes of preschool. Preschool won’t give him naps.

Well then, I have no reason for concern!

• Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    My kids are camels. My son woke up with dry diapers since he was 1, and that has made morning potty-training pretty easy. My daughter was similar. However, she is 5, and just.. doesn't go to the bathroom at school. Like, she'll go in the morning, and hold off until I get her at around 6 p.m. She starting having accidents recently, since we'd go to the playground (where they close the bathrooms at 4!?) after school and she couldn't hold it that long. We actually started her with a sticker chart again, for going at school and avoiding accidents.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Our daughter is showing no signs of potty training improvement. We were going pretty hard w/diaperless training at home and school, but the teacher told us she needed to go back to diapers because it wasn't sinking in. We agreed and went back to diapers about a month ago.

Last Friday, the wife wanted to try potty training again. I begrudgingly agreed (I didn't think she was ready) and we gave it a go. The entire weekend was reminders for her to go use the bathroom, her fighting and saying she didn't have to go, then her wetting her pants. Worse was that she isn't showing regret or unease by having wet underwear, so she's not learning or caring if she has accidents. By mid-Sunday, the wife was fed up and said let's give her another month.

At this point, she's 3.5 years old and clearly will do this when she's ready. I just wish she was fucking ready already.

Kate is doing the same thing. Can’t get her to go on the potty. She really doesn’t care even though we tell her once she’s using the potty she can move up to the big girl class at daycare. I hate to push it on her since every time we try to make progress she cries during it.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Does anyone have some good resources on the positives and or negatives of homeschooling? My wife seems pretty deadset on it, but more and more I've been reading things suggesting its not usually the best idea, but most of it lacks real sources, so I'm looking for well written, well sourced stuff to either allay my fears, or challenge the decision.

• Options

Which seems weird to me? I remember there being nap time or at least some sort of "lay down and shut up for a while" time through a large chunk of elementary when I was growing up.

This discussion has been closed.