As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    This page has his full moveset

https://mortalkombat.fandom.com/wiki/Geras

His tournament variants are

Infinite Warden - Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes

New Era - Stepping it Back, Sand Pillar

I have no idea which move/s screw with the clock.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

i love this character. she's basically sub-zero with a personality. i'm in

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Damnit I think I saw some spoilers people were shouting during the live stream before I could close the chat window. God damn it.

I haven’t seen the new game of thrones episode yet, and between mk, that and avengers I should really just stay off the internet this week

Prohass on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be looking at Jacqui probably. If I don't like her maybe will try Jax and Liu Kang too.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    SUB ZERO HAS A PERSONALITY

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    SUB ZERO HAS A PERSONALITY

Yeah he just takes a while to warm up to thats all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Geth, please launch user @Kwoaru into the sun

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    9nMCpP1.jpg

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I know they got that WB money but NRS making a story mode that is halfway decent is really something.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I know they got that WB money but NRS making a story mode that is halfway decent is really something.

If Ark System Works could do it for years, anyone can.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MK possible DLC leak stuff
    If Ash is seriously in this game I am going to scream for an hour and then never pick any other character

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    If Ash is seriously in this game I am going to scream for an hour and then never pick any other character

Tt5GW0X.jpg

holy shit CONFIRMED

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I can't believe they're gonna let Pikachu get fatality'd

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular

How is that any different from when you played SFIV

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No, just Ash. Pikachu just runs over and switches sides after.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

baraka cuts off pikachu's pointy little ears and rams them throuh his cute red cheeks and then uses his adorable electric tail as a tiny widdle noose

it's fucked up

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

No, just Ash. Pikachu just runs over and switches sides after.

I don't know why you're talking about Ash when the leak we're talking about refers to "Pikachu, the pokemon mascot character"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The Sneak! wrote: »

I dropped Balrog after Super! And never found a real main again!

• Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    The Sneak! wrote: »

I dropped Balrog after Super! And never found a real main again!

I picked up Karin in SFV, and ended up not liking SFV. Outside of Tekken 7, I dropped fighting games for a while.

• Options
    Hmm...can't figure out who I wanna play. Will probably do story mode first to get a feel for everyone.

• Options
    steam version still not unlocked, oh no

I'm trying in rough order... Frost, Cassie, Raiden

Noob was on my list but watching him on stream... his design has so much visual noise I think I would end up mixing up myself

• Options
    Probably gonna settle on Jax since I like the way a lot of his moves look.

That said that D,B,F command NRS uses for some grabs is so weird to me.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular

That move is very alien to me, too. It's turned me off from a lot of characters in the past as well. I really wanted to play Hellboy and Scarecrow in IJ2 but I could never get past how janky that feels.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I actually dont mind it because it makes it very hard for me to do it by accident

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular

That move is very alien to me, too. It's turned me off from a lot of characters in the past as well. I really wanted to play Hellboy and Scarecrow in IJ2 but I could never get past how janky that feels.

It's not terribly different from snk 632146 motions, but I never liked them much either

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEcSDuQWiRA

Lasts 26 seconds so don't expect much.
    4th one will be Pan.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    netherrealm pc ports

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    that is massively disappointing. i was hoping to play this on PC, but no thanks

• Options
    why is netherrealm so bad at PC versions

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    they only program in K++

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    so far my take on mk11:

I like the gameplay

I don't like the required server connection to access the infinite towers and krypt, like that makes no sense?

and I'm pretty sure I have to swap controllers to use the krypt because this mode does not seem doable on a stick that I would be using for the rest of the game

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    NRS outsources their PC ports. The guys who did MK11 did the MKXL and IJ2 did this one, and those two turned out fine so Who Knows. Having said that, MKXL was fixing a buggy port and IJ2 pc was delayed sooooooooooooooooooo
    (funnily enough, the title of the article is "mk11's pc port should be much better than mkx's was")
    so far my take on mk11:

I like the gameplay

I don't like the required server connection to access the infinite towers and krypt, like that makes no sense?

and I'm pretty sure I have to swap controllers to use the krypt because this mode does not seem doable on a stick that I would be using for the rest of the game

It makes perfect sense, they need to make sure you can't cheat their currency because that's how they sell mtx

Having said that:

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular

I've experienced some graphical bugs and a hard crash (with a crash message window) but nothing along the lines of what's going on there. I've used two different supported controllers (Xbox 360 and PS4) without issue. It probably doesn't like the adapter he's using to play with that PS2 pad.

I haven't experienced any audio bugs either, but the Krypt seems to run at a shaky 20-24 FPS for some reason.

QLOC has some goodwill banked with me due to the quality of some of their previous ports so I'm somewhat optimistic that they'll keep working on it.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Yeah, if that was the state of the game for everyone there's no way it would have ever gotten released.
    Interesting to see how badly it's getting review-bombed on Steam over the micro-transactions. Aren't all the items cosmetic, or did I miss something?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    "Its only cosmetic" doesn't really fly with people the way it used to.

Honestly, the system is needlessly grindy and there is no way to unlock specific things you want outside of waiting for them to maybe pop up in a store and even then you still need enough funbuxs.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Which isn't unfair, and I almost certainly don't relate to the mentality these people have regardless. But I do still find it strange to be so upset when this isn't anything like, say, Battlefront, where there were direct impacts on how the game plays tied to it. You can still be an ambassador for the game and argue for improving the system to be more player/consumer friendly. Trying to scare off sales and make it flop doesn't get you anywhere if you were at all interested in actually playing the damn thing. :P

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Eh, a predatory system is a predatory system regardless of how bad it is. Like I said there used to be ways where you could just flat out unlock things, now they've been arbitary randomized for "reasons".

And while I don't review bomb myself(and I think review bombs can be iffy cause they can house anything from legit concerns to "The SJWS are ruining our gaems!!!1111") it is still the only real tool that consumers have to publicly voice displeasure with games.

And tbh, I'm not optimistic enough to believe that any of these companies will better their practices outside of their wallets getting hit.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Eh, a predatory system is a predatory system regardless of how bad it is. Like I said there used to be ways where you could just flat out unlock things, now they've been arbitary randomized for "reasons".

And while I don't review bomb myself(and I think review bombs can be iffy cause they can house anything from legit concerns to "The SJWS are ruining our gaems!!!1111") it is still the only real tool that consumers have to publicly voice displeasure with games.

And tbh, I'm not optimistic enough to believe that any of these companies will better their practices outside of their wallets getting hit.

i mean

no, that isnt true

theyre already changing the model due to social media feedback

also you can vote with your wallet and not buy the game

there are multiple avenues that arent review bombing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Also not everything is random in the krypt, each item tells you where you can get it, some are from tower challenges specific to the character. But yeah mostly it’s random, it is way too grindy, but I’m not really opposed to playing it that much, I just like more curation in rewards. Being able to find a specific thing in a specific place, or a specific reward for a specific task, is something that is genuinely thrilling and fleshes out a game and makes it feel more “authored”

This discussion has been closed.