As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So if I was interested in getting into the Daemons of Slaanesh, would it make more sense to pick up the Start Collecting box, or wait until the new stuff comes out and hopefully has its own box set along with the Slaanesh book? Or would it make more sense to just get both, assuming I had the money?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    So if I was interested in getting into the Daemons of Slaanesh, would it make more sense to pick up the Start Collecting box, or wait until the new stuff comes out and hopefully has its own box set along with the Slaanesh book? Or would it make more sense to just get both, assuming I had the money?

Try and get the half of wrath and rapture or wait for the new stuff

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I bought wrath and rapture for the Khorne demons slaanesh was a bonus but i plan on getting the new ones just to fill out what i have.
    To play with a Khorne demon army i need the blades book for aos?

Brainleech wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I bought wrath and rapture for the Khorne demons slaanesh was a bonus but i plan on getting the new ones just to fill out what i have.
    To play with a Khorne demon army i need the blades book for aos?

yeah, it got updated with wrath and they are quite good

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular

There will probably not be a new SC box with the Slaanesh book, Wrath and Rapture kinda filled that spot per-emptively, so if you can get your mitts on the Slaanesh half and flip the Khorne stuff somewhere it's a good deal. There's probably no harm in picking up the Slaanesh deamons SC box if you like, I can't imagine that a nice block of Deamonettes won't be a core part of most Slaanesh armies even with the new rules. I'd only be hesitant in building the chariot up before the book drops in case they change which of the build-options does what, or how it can be assembled.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    My ideal Age of Sigmar force, I think, would be a mixture of Daemons of Slaanesh, Slaaneshi Beastmen, and Cultists/warriors of Slaanesh

All faintly Lovecraft/Black Goat and Great Mother or Magna Mater themed

I remember writing up a Chaos/beastman force for a Warhammer RP thing that I really liked with that theme, and I'd love to try and recreate it. Would be tough and possibly expensive though.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    I have two of these I got at the end of when I was playing 40k
    7ktnrma6w5br.png
    They just sat for years with nothing done to them this is why I felt filling out what I had for Khorne but the preview for Slaanesh I feel I will fill that out as well

edited April 2019
    For my ideal force, I'd definitely want to kitbash or modify some stuff to create the leader I had for that RP thing. Might be tough though, been looking all over and it's tough to find stuff that's quite how I'd prefer it

The ideal would be something like this

https://i.imgur.com/3Fl5fmG.png

Maybe a deer or elk mini for the head?

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I'd try to stick with goats. Chaos Beastmen models should be just fine, you would just have to paint them to match.

edited April 2019
    I mean I'd put goat horns on there, I just the think the way deer/elk heads are shaped on most minis is closer to like, the actual face/head I'd want than the Beastman ones.

Edit: Honestly the Wild Riders' stag heads look sort like what I'd want, and you can get those bits fairly cheap. Not sure on sizing though.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    You could probably sculpt enough fur over the shoulders to cover up a slightly too-large head, from memory the heads from the Wild Rider/Sisters of the Thorn mounts are not too big I don't think.
    They haven't shown any new Slaanesh mortals for the upcoming release so far, which suggests to me that there aren't any coming, but I'd love to be proven wrong, the other chaos gods do all have at least some mortal kits in AoS, so time will tell, I suppose.

On the subject of chaos the FAQ for the new Blades of Khorne just dropped, I hope y'all weren't stocking up on Skullcannons.

You could probably sculpt enough fur over the shoulders to cover up a slightly too-large head, from memory the heads from the Wild Rider/Sisters of the Thorn mounts are not too big I don't think.
    They haven't shown any new Slaanesh mortals for the upcoming release so far, which suggests to me that there aren't any coming, but I'd love to be proven wrong, the other chaos gods do all have at least some mortal kits in AoS, so time will tell, I suppose.

On the subject of chaos the FAQ for the new Blades of Khorne just dropped, I hope y'all weren't stocking up on Skullcannons.

they were ludicrously busted for their costs

They weren't even as good as the SCE Ballista! Though you could reasonably argue that those things could probably stand for a bump in points too...

So, I really like the Gryph-Chagers of the Lord-Aquilor and Vanguard Palladors, though I'm not super enthused by the actual Stormcast Eternals. I'm considering picking up a box of one or the other and then divorcing the cool gryphon from the bulky armored man and using it for something else later on. Don't know if it'd fit the Slaaneshi stuff I just picked up at all, or any Slaaneshi stuff I pick up in the future,

just greenstuff on some tentacles and boobs and it'll be plenty slaaneshi

edited April 2019
    Maybe I'll try and turn its tails into snakes

Actually speaking of, I feel like the serpent theme is a bit underutilized in a lot of Slaanesh stuff, but I wonder if these guys could double as Slaaneshi Marauders

https://us-store.warlordgames.com/products/ghost-archipelago-snake-men

Edit: Apparently the Lord-Aquilor's Gryph-Charger comes with the Aquilor's legs attached. The two solutions to this I can see are A. trying to remove the legs or B. Making the rider into some sort of Chaos Warrior or otherwise armored figure.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm playing in a sigmar escalation league starting next week. I'm entering as Tzeentch because I have a heralds, a lord of change, and a bunch of horrors from playing 40k.

The summoning rules are bothering me a little bit. I don't really know what kind of collection I need to take advantage of it.

Actually speaking of, I feel like the serpent theme is a bit underutilized in a lot of Slaanesh stuff, but I wonder if these guys could double as Slaaneshi Marauders

Edit: Apparently the Lord-Aquilor's Gryph-Charger comes with the Aquilor's legs attached. The two solutions to this I can see are A. trying to remove the legs or B. Making the rider into some sort of Chaos Warrior or otherwise armored figure.

You could probably make them a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount, but that is a pretty old model (though I think it's still a pretty cool one) so there's no guarantee it will make it into new book.
    The Daughter's of Khaine kinda took the serpent theme with Morathi and her Melusai, but that is as a direct result of Slaanesh's influence on Morathi's soul, so it could be interesting to see some Slaaneshi counterparts, who knows?
    I don't know if we'll see many more new Slaanesh releases beyond what they've shown so far (Though GW have said there is at least some stuff yet to be revealed) but some of the new art does show mortal cultists and the like, and they rarely have art focusing on things which aren't physical models, so time will tell, I suppose.
    I'm playing in a sigmar escalation league starting next week. I'm entering as Tzeentch because I have a heralds, a lord of change, and a bunch of horrors from playing 40k.

The summoning rules are bothering me a little bit. I don't really know what kind of collection I need to take advantage of it.

I'm not really up on how current Tzeentch stuff plays really, probably a bunch of Tzaangors and Enlightened if I had to guess. As I recall Tzeentchian summoning is quite good for board control, you can use fast, disc-mounted heroes to summon units all over the place and limit your opponents movement options or threaten distant objectives, though obviously the amount of summoning you can pull off is limited by your opponents spell-casting potential. You will probably at least want some extra blue/brimstone horrors as their summoning works a little differently I think?

You could probably make them a Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount, but that is a pretty old model (though I think it's still a pretty cool one) so there's no guarantee it will make it into new book.
    The Daughter's of Khaine kinda took the serpent theme with Morathi and her Melusai, but that is as a direct result of Slaanesh's influence on Morathi's soul, so it could be interesting to see some Slaaneshi counterparts, who knows?
    I don't know if we'll see many more new Slaanesh releases beyond what they've shown so far (Though GW have said there is at least some stuff yet to be revealed) but some of the new art does show mortal cultists and the like, and they rarely have art focusing on things which aren't physical models, so time will tell, I suppose.

I'm not really up on how current Tzeentch stuff plays really, probably a bunch of Tzaangors and Enlightened if I had to guess. As I recall Tzeentchian summoning is quite good for board control, you can use fast, disc-mounted heroes to summon units all over the place and limit your opponents movement options or threaten distant objectives, though obviously the amount of summoning you can pull off is limited by your opponents spell-casting potential. You will probably at least want some extra blue/brimstone horrors as their summoning works a little differently I think?

horrors split when they die, it goes pink-blue-brimstone

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I've read a few blogs and battle reports and it seems like realistically I won't be getting much more than a few units of blue horrors, flamers, and maybe a herald.

So besides some extra blues and brimstones I don't think I need to worry about bringing a trunk of daemons

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    While I love the new Keeper of Secrets, full deamon armies leave me cold for some reason so I’m a bit sad it seems like there won’t be any Mortal units released.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    It is slightly disappointing, though I will probably be starting up a Slaanesh collection regardless. And I suppose it's fairly likely that the warbands for Warcry will be able to roll into AoS chaos factions, so there may be something appropriate in there, I guess.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    While I love the new Keeper of Secrets, full deamon armies leave me cold for some reason so I’m a bit sad it seems like there won’t be any Mortal units released.

Mortals summoning Desmond in an ill-advised way to fight for them is just a note interesting image than a zerg rush from the warp.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    honovere wrote: »

Mortals summoning Desmond in an ill-advised way to fight for them is just a note interesting image than a zerg rush from the warp.

I love this post.

Well, I wouldn't wish Desmond Fishman on anyone.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Which chaos god would Desmond Fishman follow?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Which chaos god would Desmond Fishman follow?

Follow?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I just won a little 1k tournament, and got best painted to boot! (Though I was using Hagg Nar DoK, so I can hardly claim to be a tactical genius or anything) I was pretty fortunate not to have to fight against the list with 60 Plague Monks and Thanquol, which would've been a tough one, but still, I'll take a win where I can get them!

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Not particularly meaning to be flippant, but probably not without somewhat fancier outfits. Other than that, I can't think why not.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The gryph-charger, when painted blue, makes me think of Tzaangors.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    I feel like I'm going crazy because I could have sworn there was like a 180$ Troggoth army box but I can't find a picture of it or anything.

wasnt that the VERY old dankhold army box thing?

If such a thing existed, my google fu is too weak to find evidence of it.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

On the gryph-charger: One of my friends turned his nazgul mounted on fell beast model into a wild fell best. The model comes with the saddle molded as part of the neck. He cut it off, and green-stuffed scales on top. My suggestion, if that hadn't turned out well, would be to cover that area in scars/claw marks to make it look like it had been in a fight.

Maybe something like that could work for you?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I really wish they'd properly redo the Bretonnians.

Not to play, but to paint. Fully updated horseman sculpts would be so awesome.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
    Sometimes it's the small things that make me feel all smug and clever. I wanted a Slaaneshi icon for my adhoc Chaosigmarine Aquilar, so I got a couple of the sigils from a couple of my 40k Chaos vehicles I had sitting around, but they only had the one side since you were supposed to stick them onto the sides of vehicles, but aha you see I had two! But a problem appeared, since they were the same design, putting them back to back meant a small issue, the bottom and top parts matched up well enough, but the arms were asymmetrical and so did not map cleanly. But a solution occurred! So I snipped off the arms, glued the symbols back to back, and then reattached the arms on matching sides, essentially upside down!

It's not as cleanly done as I'd like, I might have to use a little bit of green stuff to clean up the gaps, but on the whole I'm unreasonably proud of this minor accomplishment
    jh4pRuy.png
    YAYt9EM.png

No wonder that new slannesh prince looks so unwarhammerly well proportioned. The design used Olympic swimmers as reference.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/26/slaanesh-designer-insightsgw-homepage-post-3/

It's not particularly likely, but personally, I'd love it if they decided to bring back the Skytitans in Age of Sigmar as their own faction.

It's not particularly likely, but personally, I'd love it if they decided to bring back the Skytitans in Age of Sigmar as their own faction.

429pw0fg4qfj.jpg

Still I am kind of well dismayed and curious why they have not put out army books for the various flavors of Elf in AoS

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, that’ll be fun. They’ll either be a totally ineffective niche army or they’ll warp the meta into a pretzel around themselves like Imperial Knights did for 40k; GW seems to have trouble hitting the sweet spot in between with most armies and the target zone is even narrower for big guy armies.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
This discussion has been closed.