As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'd like to run something, but I'm away for part of next week having a house guest possibly the week after. The week after that I'll probably have something up, or just say something to the effect of in time you will know the tragic extent of my failings.

Actually that probably applies either way.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• ThingymanThingyman Registered User regular
    Hey guys. I'm going on vacation next week, so won't be able to check in here. If you guys happen to decide on a representative for the Mafia Championship in that time, they can reach me on Mafia Universe or Discord (Thingyman#6075). I'll then make sure they get the information they need to get prepared :)

@Sir Fabulous - I don't suppose you'd be interested? :D

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yes, let us throw him into the meat grinder!

OrokosPA.png
    Sir Fab is unresponsive :P

@Infidel I don't suppose you'd dare take on the challenge one more time? ;)

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I think it's fine to skip if no one is feeling up for it.

I don't wanna speak for other people- was there anyone has been thinking about the tournament, who wants to jump in?

VayBJ4e.png
    Sir Fab is unresponsive :P

@Infidel I don't suppose you'd dare take on the challenge one more time? ;)

Got not much time to sit around these days, and I got killed off last time for not being around all the time soooo. :rotate:

Thread, who's a more recent player that should step up?

OrokosPA.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hmm. We haven't had a game this year. I've been slacking off.

38thDoE on steam

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Roster from my last game all of whom would be good candidates by my reckoning:
    @JPants
    @Wildcat
    @Auralynx
    @AustinP0027
    @Egos
    @Mamawolf
    @locus
    @kime
    @ObiFett
    @jdarksun
    @38thDoe
    @premium
    @JaysonFour
    Sir Fabulous already mentioned
    @Lucedes
    @Virgil_Leads_You
    @Gizzy
    @Phoenix-D

I guess you could add my name on that list.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Bluecyan I think you'd be a fine representative.
    I'm swamped atm

VayBJ4e.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't really want to join a game in another community right now. :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Going to have to pass. Not only did the games not look that fun personally (gimme dem wacky mechanics!) I just straight up do not have the time right now with too much RL stuff going on.

Personally my nom goes to @ObiFett

Seems like he'd be able to do well at their game.

JPants on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I think I might actually like their style from what I've seen, but I'm in a new job since the end of last year that's eating up a lot of my energy and brainpower. Wouldn't be able to keep up.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Hoo, I don't think timezones and tiny Wildkitty would be a good combo to allow me to play that properly, but thanks for thinking of me.

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I appreciate the offer, but I must decline myself. My work schedule is hectic and I barely got our "system" down and don't know if I could learn a different one that fast.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    Damn.

Did we get too old?

OrokosPA.png
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: Β»
    Damn.

Did we get too old?

*Clint Eastwood voice*

A lot of us are married now, have families. We can’t take the risk in this game of murder roulette. Too much to lose...

You are...

Elderly

These kids with their games. Who has time for social deduction games anymore? That's why you signed up for this, the great game of sleep deduction. Who is taking a well earned nap, and who is taking a sinister nap? And who cares as long as they keep it down?

Abilities choose one per night:

Exhaustion - Be woken up by one of your children repeatedly and don't get enough sleep.

*#$@'n Birds! - Run out of your house early in the morning to try and chase away a woodpecker. The house isn't even made out of wood you idiot! Come on!

Win Condition: Take a Nap.

38thDoE on steam

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: Β»
    Going to have to pass. Not only did the games not look that fun personally (gimme dem wacky mechanics!) I just straight up do not have the time right now with too much RL stuff going on.

Personally my nom goes to ObiFett

Seems like he'd be able to do well at their game.

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I've got so little time to actually play anymore. I'd rather save that energy and time for when a game comes around here with people I know and enjoy playing with.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Exhaustion - Be woken up by one of your children repeatedly and don't get enough sleep.

In typical PA phalla hidden mechanic nonsense, Exhaustion seems like your smart bet for a safe play, but if you're solely relying on that as a strategy, you've got until day three before you can totally count on being able to correctly feed yourself, much less properly read a vote count written in bright pink

mrpaku on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: Β»
    Damn.

Did we get too old?

It’s eye opening, now that I think about it. I first started playing these games here in 2006 (Phalliad). The last game I ran was 2016 (Phalla Royale), so 11 years. When I first started, I recently graduated college, was working full time and was living with my parents. Since then, I’ve gotten married, completed a Masters program, moved to two different states, had two daughters and am now pursuing a PhD while working full time.

If I could ever find the time, I would still find enjoyment in running games, probably not playing in them.

Perhaps when we're all retired or our kids have gone off to college and free time enters into our vocabulary again, we can all meet up and start the games over again! Except they'd probably be in VR or whatever is the next best thing and you probably don't want to see me in RL anyways.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    :/
    What good are our kids if they're not playing Phalla for us?

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I've taught my niece to play Coup. Kids should be an excuse to play more murder roulette!

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Not that anyone asked me but,

I'll do it if no one else wants to.

I have not sired a child. Nor do I intend to in the near future.

Our champion!

Steam profile
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ...will crash the forum's ship in a fit of self-destructive pique. But hey he'll kill the SA representative!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    jdarksun wrote: Β»
    @Thingyman I think Bedlam's stepping up to the plate!

Excellent! Thanks.

And Bluecyan has agreed to be a back-up, so you're all squared away :D

PM'ing you now, Bedlam.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Oh no I missed my chance by not responding for two weeks.

This is Bedlam's fault somehow.

I can feel it.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Fool!

Your disappointment has only just begun!

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, presumably we'll have nothing but time when we're retired and we'll all have cybernetic enhancements and/or dragons running the government.

wVEsyIc.png
    Do dragons not already run the government?

38thDoE on steam

My vote is for ladies lying in ponds, distributing swords.

Sure... where do you think said ladies get magic swords? Surely they don’t forge them underwater. I think the obvious explanation is that they are front. A friendly face for the true power, dragons. Everyone knows dragons have tons of magic swords that they can’t use.

38thDoE on steam

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Do dragons not already run the government?

Don't look at me, I voted for Dunkelzahn.

wVEsyIc.png
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I could try to whip up some games, but like everyone else said, a lot of us have just... grown up. I've been a part of the forums for eleven and a half years, surprisingly. I might still have time to run games, but how many people are going to be around to play? Lots of us aren't in school and have huge amounts of time to spare on Phalla any more.

Not to mention I totally didn't put my name in for the tournament because I wanted to make sure better players got the chance to join up first. I love playing with you guys, I love playing phalla, but let's face it: I'm not as good as others are (compared to a lot of you guys, I kind of suck at it, heh).

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yeah wow, almost exactly 9 years since I started

Phyphor wrote: Β»
    Yeah wow, almost exactly 9 years since I started

I started playing Phalla games in fall of 2008. And I've only gotten worse since then :D

Steam profile
  • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    I would be willing to play a game again. I may even want to run something, just gotta think of some themes.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"