As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Man it feels so good carrying with Junkrat, I don't normally get to play dps but plonking people with the clown skin when I do is great.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    When I'm on Ham and out of ball form my movement thumbstick is for two things and two things only: tracking-by-strafing, and moving forward so I can hit you with my gun-hand.

Aiming is for suckers and bipeds

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    I can't believe Reign Charge is the closest match of the day, and possibly ever?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9deSpELwwIQ
    Only through health packs do we evolve

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I wonder if that means the health packs are all hidden outside the playable area in the event and they just forgot to move that one for the non-event version.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...new Doomfist actually feels a lot better to me.

Sure his Ult sucks rn but it feels there is more wiggle room between Doomfist God and Feeder.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Sure his Ult sucks rn but it feels there is more wiggle room between Doomfist God and Feeder.

He might be? I was spoiled by pre-nerf Doom because he just feels like a sloppy mess now.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Speaking of Doomfist, here's another compilation by a good one trick, Get Quaked On.

Warning for lyrics in the music selections if people are bothered by certain things

https://youtu.be/4ijFK5Kp_A8

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Lol @ the bug list joke. No extra commentary needed because it's a disgrace.

But thank god those emotes get fixed right away!

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I finally got an Ana POTG. Sure it was Mystery Heroes and I was basically just running in like an idiot at their final push to 'nade them but I'll take it for that best highlight intro.

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Speaking of Doomfist, here's another compilation by a good one trick, Get Quaked On.

Warning for lyrics in the music selections if people are bothered by certain things

https://youtu.be/4ijFK5Kp_A8

17:25 forward with dueling Doomfists with alternating perspectives is really fun. Really crazy stuff.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    As a Zen main I'm pretty tired of Doomfist in general, it's honestly one of the most (if not the most) lopsided matchups in the game

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Ideally Zen should never be in a 1v1 with Doomfist because he is with his team which aren’t dumb and focus down the obvious man with the enormous hand

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The main problem with it is that there are plenty of contexts that require a Zen to be distanced away from his team, and Doomfist's burst damage is about as instant as a Roadhog hook combo. Faster than Genji, Tracer, Winston, DVa, all those dive characters that I can survive against for long enough even if I'm sitting with the other healer. I can't do that with Doomfist because his damage potential means that if I'm following normal doctrine and I'm hugging the corners and walls and shadowing the main healer, I'm still going to get smacked against the walls and get bursted down.

Literally the only thing that can hypothetically save me from all this guaranteed damage is a Zarya bubble, and I'm not going to start asking Zarya to constantly sit at the back or turn around every single time in the middle of a fight

It just feels shit

ed:
    is with his team which aren’t dumb and focus down the obvious man with the enormous hand

Also, this requires an incredible amount of faith in the most nebulous and uncertain element in the entire game (the team)

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I need to watch some videos of some dominant doomfists. I blow my cooldowns too quickly and get burned.

I would make heavy use of a "oh...hehe, hello." voice line. For that moment when i know i'm boned, and they know i'm boned, and it's all over but the shooting.

soylenth on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    The main problem with it is that there are plenty of contexts that require a Zen to be distanced away from his team, and Doomfist's burst damage is about as instant as a Roadhog hook combo. Faster than Genji, Tracer, Winston, DVa, all those dive characters that I can survive against for long enough even if I'm sitting with the other healer. I can't do that with Doomfist because his damage potential means that if I'm following normal doctrine and I'm hugging the corners and walls and shadowing the main healer, I'm still going to get smacked against the walls and get bursted down.

Literally the only thing that can hypothetically save me from all this guaranteed damage is a Zarya bubble, and I'm not going to start asking Zarya to constantly sit at the back or turn around every single time in the middle of a fight

It just feels shit

ed:
    is with his team which aren’t dumb and focus down the obvious man with the enormous hand

Also, this requires an incredible amount of faith in the most nebulous and uncertain element in the entire game (the team)

Good peel would obviously help you survive but I think it's really important to remember that the game is not balanced so that you can play one hero into any situation. I would encourage you to add another support to your arsenal that you can fall back on if Doomfist gives you trouble on Zen. Really, any other healer is a good option, they all have options to escape or displace Doomfist that Zen lacks.

• Options
    Won a comp game this afternoon after an enemy with a diamond border said that he might have to leave this game because his girlfriend might have called the cops on him, and then 5 minutes later he did leave. I don't know what to make of that really

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I have no problems with other hard counter solutions to Zen that are absolutely capable of deleting him off the face of the earth. Hell I have no problems with Sombra, a hero made for the express purpose of deleting large-hitbox squishes, who has an ultimate capable of wiping his health to near-zero with almost no effort at all. I've easily made my peace with it.
    My main beef with Doomfist is that as a body projectile he does the same instant deletion burst damage of a sniper except his moveset utterly disrespects the traditional rules of cover/barriers. Imagine, if you will, that Winston landed 100-150 damage each time he jumped in and landed on a back line hero and had the opportunity to instantly do another 100 as a follow-up point blank.

Like yes, really the solution to the problem in a game that encourages hero switching on the fly is to switch heroes, but my point is that it the regular TTK by a solo hard counter was never this consistently lopsided in the past as it is these days, barring things like Widow vs. Pharah and it feels garbo

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Every winston has imagined doing 150 damage when landing and they leave offerings at a dark altar that it may one day come to pass

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    My main beef with Doomfist is that as a body projectile he does the same instant deletion burst damage of a sniper except his moveset utterly disrespects the traditional rules of cover/barriers. Imagine, if you will, that Winston landed 100-150 damage each time he jumped in and landed on a back line hero and had the opportunity to instantly do another 100 as a follow-up point blank.

Doomfist doesn't respect "traditional rules of cover/barriers", but he has his own. If you know them, you can position just as safely as if you were facing a Widow. Winston is a great example: you don't take cover from Winston behind a car: you stay inside a room with a low-hanging roof because the arc of his jump prevents him from jumping inside. You stay inside a doorframe. You occupy high ground and drop low ground to dodge his burst. Etcetera.

Doomfist has rules like that.

I've actually 'counterpicked' a rampant Doomfist with Zen and won simply because I knew Doomfist's rules better than that Doomfist.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

He might be? I was spoiled by pre-nerf Doom because he just feels like a sloppy mess now.

Well he is still plagued by a bunch of really terrible bugs and his ult is useless rn.

But it is a lot easier to stay in the fight instead of just hopping in and quickly hopping out.

So, hmm if not better I just like the direction he is going in even if it still needs a bit of work.

• Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    My 11yo daughter managed to complete Uprising on Expert the other night. She got up to the 3rd Orisa unit in Legendary before the group wiped. She's comfortable on Torb/Tracer/Mercy but won't touch Rien haha. Super proud dad moment.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Shower thought: I haven't heard anyone get bitched out for their hero pick in at least a fortnight. And in that time hero suggestions have tended to be constructive and based on the developing situation, not knee-jerk non-meta hate. And players have even taken the advice well!

Is this the real world? Is this just fantasy?

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Shower thought: I haven't heard anyone get bitched out for their hero pick in at least a fortnight. And in that time hero suggestions have tended to be constructive and based on the developing situation, not knee-jerk non-meta hate. And players have even taken the advice well!

You probably fell and hit your head in the shower. Bath mats are important.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPxnU2-4no

They uh

They put Gmod in Overwatch

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    lucio/hammond obstacle courses here we coooome

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naPxnU2-4no

They uh

They put Gmod in Overwatch

this looks pretty fantastic.

I can't wait to see what other, more creative people than myself come up with

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I too am very excited to mooch off of others' talents.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Can't wait for the inevitable Team Fortress port into the Overwatch engine.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    overwatch battle royale let's go

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Time to hunting for my old Department of Bad Ideas posts...

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This makes me weary and it feels more like a way to increase length before real patches and updates and also just excuse the existing flaws in things (like how he mentions Mystery Heroes, good luck having no stacks be officially implemented now). If they added this mode while also bringing out a stronger punishment system for the assholes who leave games, combat to smurfs or fixes to competitive, then I wouldn't be as skeptical.

I've never done the mod stuff on any game, I know there's an audience for it, but it always feels like something you do at the end of the lifecycle. And maybe that's the intent as they want to push Overwatch 2, I don't know.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Screw that noise...

Overwatch: Tower Defense

Oooo...Overwatch of the Ancients.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Screw that noise...

They already have OotA, its called HoTS.

A true to form Tower Defense game like the user defined maps i used to play on Brood War would be most welcomed though.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

Screw that noise...

A true to form Tower Defense game like the user defined maps i used to play on Brood War would be most welcomed though.

The OotA I was thinking of would be more like Paragon (at least third-person shooter...ideal would be maintaining first-person view) and less overhead RTS-style.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Screw that noise...

The OotA I was thinking of would be more like Paragon (at least third-person shooter...ideal would be maintaining first-person view) and less overhead RTS-style.

Monday Night Combat is pretty much exactly what I think you mean.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Screw that noise...

This...exactly this. Except with Overwatch heroes and abilities.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I'd play a MOBA styled game with a 1st-or-3rd person view and OW characters. The things that put me off the genre are the terribly zoomed-out view and all of the clicking.

• Options
    edited April 2019

Screw that noise...

Probably the game I most regret not getting into is MNC. I tried i for a week or so but in the end I bounced off. I was totally new to the moba genre at the time and so everything seemed weird, arbitrary and stupid. I had no idea at the time that in years to come I'd spend nearly 5000 hours on that beautiful beast called DotA.

So looking back now I regret that I missed the chance to try a genuine moba-shooter like MNC when it was in its brief heyday.There's a reason I love OW so much, and it's because it hybridises my two favourite genres. But MNC was there yeeeeeears ago! It was probably a little too ahead of its time.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

play junkrat

you can literally be 24 final blows one death gold everything your team is winning and people will complain beacuse they heard a rumour about a pharah in the next county over

its fuckign incredible

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.