As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Void Bastards, Outer Wilds, Draugen & Atmocity out today!

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Well I haven't seen that take either then.

this is a slap in the face to everyone who already had to endure the bad take

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'm sorry for my bad take bad takes. I take it back.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    you can't take a take back, you took the take and it was bad

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    My bad.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    New Battletech: Urban Warfare DLC out June 4th:

https://youtu.be/SOl1CvdcOew

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    god i need to get some time to try out battletech

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    If the Shadow of War developers were going to do Lord of the Rings fanfic, they should have made one about a mostly willing orc rebellion.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey this is not really exactly what this thread is about, but does anyone have any good phone games for Android?

I just beat Twinfold, which was my current one (and was extremely good), and I don't really have anything else lined up. I've previously been very into the Reigns games and Hoplite - I like turn based stuff, that sort of thing that's very simple but also takes a long time to figure out properly that I can quickly play five to ten minutes of while I'm on my commute or whatever.

Check out Polytopia, it's basically a super simplified Civilization, and it's free. (And good!)

Thank you, this is quite possibly too good a suggestion.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    As a person who had a fascination for the series since it's inception, but was bad at fine motor control to actually get good at it, it feels good to have this series continue.

Especially watching the grumblebumbles cries of outrage at the fact that many of the ladies have less revealing (but still good looking) clothes. And for the fact that apparently one of the endings
    Has a character go back in time, stop the African Slave Trade, ultimately making the Continent a better place. Wooohwweee, outrage youtubers are not happy about that... for reasons.

Ironic, isn't it? A game that originally courted controversy with the Moral Guardians, now causes controversy with Gamers themselves, and they didn't even dial down the Gruesomeness,

to be fair to the goobergarglers, jax has been depriving white people of their right to bear arms for decades

• Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    If the Shadow of War developers were going to do Lord of the Rings fanfic, they should have made one about a mostly willing orc rebellion.

they should have done the one that I wrote

where Talion makes out with Brolorc*, a sexy half-orc half-dragon, and they fall in love and get married

*Brolorc is my original concept and creation © 2019 Brolo Publications, do not steal, borrow or re-post without my express permission, thanks in advance

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    What does that look like anyway, a huge man with robot arms obliterating some Portugeuse dudes in puffy pants, I'd watch that I gues

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    What does that look like anyway, a huge man with robot arms obliterating some Portugeuse dudes in puffy pants, I'd watch that I gues

hell yeah

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    so since I don't have the money for Anno 1800 right now I decided to check out Oxygen Not Included, which I picked up years ago on a lark

it's kinda like... Dwarf Fortress light? only with that ol' Klei aesthetic and obviously much more simplified and much more accessible

digging it so far but I definitely see myself restarting 25 times before getting a "good" run

so, after using my day off yesterday to basically get lost inside Oxygen Not Included

it's not like Dwarf Fortress

it's like Stardew Valley meets Factorio

WHAT

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Apparently filling the empty space left by Sony's E3 conference will be Square Enix

I can't wait for them to not show that Avengers game still.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well I hope they have stuff to show

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    is sony not doing anything at E3 this year?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    is sony not doing anything at E3 this year?

correct, they’re gonezo

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I guess they already announced the PS5

what were they even doing last year with that bizarre moving between theaters thing

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I guess they already announced the PS5

what were they even doing last year with that bizarre moving between theaters thing

Looking for the exit, apparently

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    Well there's a take I haven't seen before.

he's referencing an actual dumb take re: Elizabeth Warren's debt forgiveness plan

My favorite riff in that vein was "Curing cancer is a slap in the face to everybody who died from cancer"

I was a fan of "emancipation is a slap in the face of everyone who died in bondage"

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    There's a possibility they do a Sony Direct but they ain't going to the show.

I still think the theory that Wired got the deets and made a phone call asking for comment is correct, I doubt that a single interview was the original announce plan.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    I liked all the people going on about how this was a brilliant move by Sony and totally cut the legs out from under Microsoft and it's like, chill. These consoles aren't going to be out for a year to a year and a half.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »
    so since I don't have the money for Anno 1800 right now I decided to check out Oxygen Not Included, which I picked up years ago on a lark

it's kinda like... Dwarf Fortress light? only with that ol' Klei aesthetic and obviously much more simplified and much more accessible

digging it so far but I definitely see myself restarting 25 times before getting a "good" run

so, after using my day off yesterday to basically get lost inside Oxygen Not Included

it's not like Dwarf Fortress

it's like Stardew Valley meets Factorio

WHAT

ehhhhhhhhhhh

I would still say it's a lot more like Dwarf Fortress than Stardew Valley/Factorio

You don't have direct control of anyone
    You basically give orders like "dig here" or "build this here" and then at some point, depending on their other jobs someone will head on over and complete the task.

Don't forget the myriad ways to kill your people, starvation, lack of food, lack of clean water, being too hot or cold. All kinds of deaths.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    could condense the thread title by saying "Kitana Zero out today"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Apparently filling the empty space left by Sony's E3 conference will be Square Enix

The Quieter Man

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »

The Quieter Man

Actually it'll be a spiritual successor that takes place in a large, rich estate and plays like Gone Home

It's called
    The Quiet Manor

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Put The Quiet Man In Smash

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Hey this is not really exactly what this thread is about, but does anyone have any good phone games for Android?

I just beat Twinfold, which was my current one (and was extremely good), and I don't really have anything else lined up. I've previously been very into the Reigns games and Hoplite - I like turn based stuff, that sort of thing that's very simple but also takes a long time to figure out properly that I can quickly play five to ten minutes of while I'm on my commute or whatever.

Check out Polytopia, it's basically a super simplified Civilization, and it's free. (And good!)

Oh mobile gaming is just so awesome these days. There's no reason you need to play a "phone" game. These might not fall into what exactly Atheraal wants but they're good, and nigh endless.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.drtc&hl=en_US

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdigious.cultist&hl=en_US

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.watabou.pixeldungeon&hl=en_US

I can't find it but I KNOW IT EXISTS, there's a really good hoplite like game where instead of you dealing with the level and creeps, you change the level DRASTICALLY to affect creeps and inventory and it was spanish maybe? Christ, I can't find it anywhere, and I know the creator made more than a few games similar to this. It also looks like it's hieroglyphics n' such? Ah well. I'll post it if I can find it cause it's more like hoplite than what I've linked.

AHA, I FOUND IT! Imbroglio! Cept it's only for iOS dangit! Ah well.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Put The Quiet Man In Smash

No, please don't

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Dee Kae wrote: »

Oh mobile gaming is just so awesome these days. There's no reason you need to play a "phone" game. These might not fall into what exactly Atheraal wants but they're good, and nigh endless.

I can't find it but I KNOW IT EXISTS, there's a really good hoplite like game where instead of you dealing with the level and creeps, you change the level DRASTICALLY to affect creeps and inventory and it was spanish maybe? Christ, I can't find it anywhere, and I know the creator made more than a few games similar to this. It also looks like it's hieroglyphics n' such? Ah well. I'll post it if I can find it cause it's more like hoplite than what I've linked.

A game like Hoplite, my favorite phone game you say?!?!?

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular

*Furiously scribbles notes*

I currently play a lot of Pathfinder Adventures, which didn't click for me as a card game but I quite like when the phone does all the fiddly management (see also Star Realms).

Otherwise 80 Days gets played a couple times a year (mostly on longer plane flights) and Ridiculous Fishing for occasional idle play.

But my collection could definitely use some freshing up.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    god i need to get some time to try out battletech

It's pretty good.
    Iolo wrote: »
    kcpJfdf.png
    Happy Easter!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Too bad you can never play it again.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Taking bets on whether SE will even mention Final Fantasy 7

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Battletech is very good and you should play it, @Brolo

Right now

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

A game like Hoplite, my favorite phone game you say?!?!?

You might want to check out Twinfold. It's sort of one of those games based around pushing numbers together to make them bigger, but in actuality it's more of a weird rogue-like.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    I just finished Subnautica and it was delightful and I want more, but don't want to play below zero until it's done. Should I pick up Astroneer or are there any better options For exploration and building better and better stuff?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Taking bets on whether SE will even mention Final Fantasy 7

Really curious how the asthetics of 16 is going to look like

You know they gonna announce it

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    I just finished Subnautica and it was delightful and I want more, but don't want to play below zero until it's done. Should I pick up Astroneer or are there any better options For exploration and building better and better stuff?

Astroneer is a delight, but it is obtuse. Definitely a wiki page open on another screen type game, at least at first. It's so relaxing though.

If you want something more structured I can't recommend Satisfactory enough. Build giant production lines in a beautiful 3d landscape.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    +1 for Astroneer here. I had a ton of fun with it, and it legitimately had some great "Whoa! Look at this!" moments that were nothing more than me finding a new area.

Undead Scottsman on
This discussion has been closed.