As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    PMAvers wrote: »
    On a side note, I kinda dig that they did a special promotion for FLGS’ that were going to visit them at GAMA. If you signed up in time, they had special legal decks that worked your store’s name into the Archon name for them, and a GAMA stamp by the archon as well.

Apparently some stores got up to a dozen of them to do whatever they want with.

I was wondering what these were. My FLGS has a few GAMA decks up as prizes for a tournament next weekend. Some are generic ones that just have the GAMA stamp, but a store name deck is the first place prize.

Frem on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    If power level is meant to be an indication of deck strength/success, giving out level 3 for just turning up and losing repeatedly seems odd.

... unless level 3 is supposed to be, like, "Baseline Power," allowing them to have even worse ratings below that.

Sorta like how you start at rating 1000 in chess / Star Craft / whatever and can, eventually, lose points.

I think it's also a consideration that anyone who's played a good deck a bunch at events probably has some chains on it. It discourages someone from saving some strong deck so they can come in with no chains for an advantage over people who've been playing stuff. Conversely, it encourages people to bring the decks they've played a bunch because it'll start on a level playing field.

Chains are only for local play to smooth the meta. The stated plan is big events are all unchained.

Also currently all the vault tours are sealed format I believe.

So you open a complete donkey of a deck, lose every game and end up with three power.

But power doesn’t currently actually do anything other than give bragging rights I suppose so no big deal.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    If power level is meant to be an indication of deck strength/success, giving out level 3 for just turning up and losing repeatedly seems odd.

... unless level 3 is supposed to be, like, "Baseline Power," allowing them to have even worse ratings below that.

Sorta like how you start at rating 1000 in chess / Star Craft / whatever and can, eventually, lose points.

I think it's also a consideration that anyone who's played a good deck a bunch at events probably has some chains on it. It discourages someone from saving some strong deck so they can come in with no chains for an advantage over people who've been playing stuff. Conversely, it encourages people to bring the decks they've played a bunch because it'll start on a level playing field.

Chains are only for local play to smooth the meta. The stated plan is big events are all unchained.

Also currently all the vault tours are sealed format I believe.

So you open a complete donkey of a deck, lose every game and end up with three power.

But power doesn’t currently actually do anything other than give bragging rights I suppose so no big deal.

I thought the plan was for chains to cause decks to ascend from competitive, never to be used again if they win too much?

• Options
    I suspect something like that will be on a deck by deck basis? That or by power level? It won't be by chains as they go up and down based on performance to try and find a level.

Like I said, currently the vault tour events are all sealed so all decks going in are untouched.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    On a side note, I do appreciate the person who won the Seattle Vault Tour (which was Sealed) did it without Shadows in their deck.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/783ce835-6c17-48b8-9759-1ebc167cf96d

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Day booked off work, ticket purchased, I'm going to the UK stop of the Vault Tour! It's sealed with a choice from three decks given to you on the day so I don't even need to prep anything.

It's qualifiers on Fri or Sat and final on Sunday and as yet I'm only planning to go on the Friday on the pretty safe assumption that I won't make the Sunday cut. I guess last minute Sunday plans will have to be made if lightning strikes.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Can you switch decks or is it just choose one and that it?

Being able to pick at least is cool.

• Options
    One choice and stick with it throughout I believe.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Oh wow, it’ll apparently be with the new set!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    V6HZ35V.jpg

...okay, yeah, that's pretty awesome. Gives a way for Brobnar to actually generate some burst amber, even if they can't fight anything.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Also love the card theme

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Do you even lift, bro(bnar)!?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    *MENACING*

I have determined I no longer care about having a Sanctum deck because I hate their guts and their double-Bulkwark'd taunts.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_uUyJAzTQ8

I love that The Prof is doing Keyforge coverage.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, that’s cool, so apparently Vault Tour Chicago’s main event will be on a Survival format. You bring three decks, and designate each as deck 1, 2, and 3. You play deck 1 in Swiss until it loses, then you switch to deck 2. And when 2 loses, you switch to 3. When 3’s out, you’re knocked out. If you’re still alive after 6 rounds you make it into day 2. Rounds basically keep going then until there’s only one person alive.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I need this to go digital. Eternal is pissing me off. Every traditional deck arechtype makes me angry. I want to name every deck I have to Fuck You.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I need this to go digital. Eternal is pissing me off. Every traditional deck arechtype makes me angry. I want to name every deck I have to Fuck You.

https://www.thecrucible.online/

Unofficial but amazingly well done. Even let's you play sealed with a random deck.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I won an 8 player sealed adaptive!

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/e20462a4-4272-488b-87d0-2752a358775b

Nice deck but won two rounds 2-0 so can rightly feel a tad smug.

The prize is a full set of the metal keys but I’ve already got 2 from runner up prizes in other events so took my missing yellow and passed the others down the line.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Oh hey, new preview article talking about Sanctum and Dis in Set 2.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/4/12/angels-and-demons/

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    That's just rude. Two edged sword though so you won't want to keep it out long.

dbfovsko59md.png

Also confusingly closely named to the (similarly rude in an entirely different way) Ember Imp from the first set.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Well this sucks. Usual place I go to for events, tried a weekday Chainbound on Thursday for the first time, and today was meant to be the usual monthly sealed. Nobody but me turned up for either. Easter weekend probably doesn’t help but makes me unlikely to try again.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Hoo boy, this is going to be a thing. Playing in a sealed Adaptive event today.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Hoo boy, this is going to be a thing. Playing in a sealed Adaptive event today.

And the follow up?!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    My deck was a traitor. It’s pretty good, but only in the hands of my opponent.

Adams, the Miner of Maximization

Ended up going 0-4, and then a bye on the last round. Although all of the games were really close.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Looks a fairly solid deck indeed. Key Hammer with no Dis steal/capture follow up is always sad though.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Being able to do something like Hysteria into double Ember Imp feels like such a gross move.

Better hope you have something to deal with them, since your opponent is basically going to get a couple of free turns to do whatever.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    WitchsightWitchsight Registered User regular
    Roping some friends into this tonight... A quick question I haven't seen addressed;
    Clear mind action says: Unstun each friendly creature.
    Im not sure I've seen the Unstun keyword before. Does that mean just remove the stun card and you've got a board full of ready to activate creatures? Or would it exhaust the creatures like how using a stunned creature would?

Witchsight.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I think it just removes the stun. Otherwise it would tell you to exhaust them.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Haven't been able to go to my Saturday afternoon casuals for a couple months

Finally found myself with an open afternoon and went to find...literally nobody there

Guess I'll check back in in another couple months?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Oh, looks like the Vault Tour event for GenCon is finally in the database. Day 1 is on Thursday and will be Sealed.

EDIT: Oh, looks like there's *two* main events. Thursday/Friday is Sealed, Saturday/Sunday is Archon.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i never found much local traction for this game, and the couple people interested in it havent really panned out... so thats sad. i love the game but not much point buying more if theres no one to play with. im torn on buying stuff from set 2.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    We are having a small sealed tournament at our work next Thursday (5 players, I bought 5 decks for us yesterday). Slight miscalculation on part of the person organizing it; he thought by then the new set would have been released due to the shipping date he was given for his preorder of it. (They later corrected the shipping date).

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i never found much local traction for this game, and the couple people interested in it havent really panned out... so thats sad. i love the game but not much point buying more if theres no one to play with. im torn on buying stuff from set 2.

This is your monthly reminder that this game is playable online!

• Options
    Oh, hey, I missed it but they slipped in a AOA preview article today.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/5/23/trust-your-instincts/

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20y44JzFIw

New Crucible Cast.
    Also mentions that a new RRG will be dropping on the 29'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    whats an RRG?

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I guess the second set launches tomorrow? I haven’t played this nearly as much as I’d like, but I do love LGS launch parties...

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Ooh. Big nerf errata. Bait and Switch now steals at most twice, and Library Access banishes itself so no more silly recursion letting you draw your whole deck.

Both definitely needed attention as they were very meta warping power cards. I'm happy with the change, but then I hadn't dropped $TEXAS$ on Ebay decks as some fools will have done. Some serious buyers remorse going on in places I'm sure.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif