As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Forsaken (and the Furious): Tokyo Drifter

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Sure; I'm not trying to skip the story exactly, I'm just trying to skip the leveling to 50 part. I want to complete the campaign for the third time massively overleveled and able to use all of the guns that I like. Hilariously stupid Crucible seems like as good an option as any.

Peen on
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Tess is continuing her odd behavior of selling Exotic ships from past seasons. This week she's selling Kabr's Glass Aegis, from the CoO expansion/Season 2. 2k Bright Dust and she can be yours.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Tess is continuing her odd behavior of selling Exotic ships from past seasons. This week she's selling Kabr's Glass Aegis, from the CoO expansion/Season 2. 2k Bright Dust and she can be yours.

WHAT HOLY S**T I'VE WANTED THAT SHIP FOR AGES

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Maybe ikora’s ship will come back up for sale.

I missed it by one day back during CoO, and I would love it to complete my collection of the arcadia jump ship retrofits.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Y'ALL. I discovered a super secret hidden Triumph! It awards an ultra-rare Exotic emblem, and a quest item that I think might lead to a D2 Gjallarhorn (!!!).

Here's what you need to do: While playing Gambit, whenever you invade or get invaded, find a big open area in the middle of the map. Then, activate a roaming Super, and (here's the important part) hold absolutely still. You gotta just stay in one place until your Super runs out, even if someone starts shooting you.

Ordinarily, you need to do this 100 times. Now I don't know if this is a bug or what, but when you let me shoot you while in your Super, it counts for 4x progress. So if you get matched against me, pop dem Supes and make like a statue.

this is absolutely a real thing that I did not make up and is definitely real, you should tell all your friends and enemies and even random people on the street

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Sounds legit.

awsimo wrote: »
    Y'ALL. I discovered a super secret hidden Triumph! It awards an ultra-rare Exotic emblem, and a quest item that I think might lead to a D2 Gjallarhorn (!!!).

Here's what you need to do: While playing Gambit, whenever you invade or get invaded, find a big open area in the middle of the map. Then, activate a roaming Super, and (here's the important part) hold absolutely still. You gotta just stay in one place until your Super runs out, even if someone starts shooting you.

Ordinarily, you need to do this 100 times. Now I don't know if this is a bug or what, but when you let me shoot you while in your Super, it counts for 4x progress. So if you get matched against me, pop dem Supes and make like a statue.

this is absolutely a real thing that I did not make up and is definitely real, you should tell all your friends and enemies and even random people on the street

I've actually managed to get 8/10 Light Versus Light since Prime went live, and I haven't really played that much. Invaders are way more likely to use their roaming super in Prime for some reason. My real hang up is Self-Defense Technique. I'm 3/10. Invaders are so deadly and have so many long-range options that getting a melee kill on them is next to impossible :mad:

vq2TEKC.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

I've actually managed to get 8/10 Light Versus Light since Prime went live, and I haven't really played that much. Invaders are way more likely to use their roaming super in Prime for some reason. My real hang up is Self-Defense Technique. I'm 3/10. Invaders are so deadly and have so many long-range options that getting a melee kill on them is next to impossible :mad:

They added a triumph specifically for getting kills with roaming supers.
    When in Roam

As an invader, defeat Guardians with Fists of Havoc, Hammer of Sol, Burning Maul, Sentinel Shield, Spectral Blades, Golden Gun, Arc Staff, Whirlwind Guard, Stormtrance, Nova Warp, or Daybreak.

Guardians defeated 0/25

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Elki wrote: »

They added a triumph specifically for getting kills with roaming supers.
    When in Roam

As an invader, defeat Guardians with Fists of Havoc, Hammer of Sol, Burning Maul, Sentinel Shield, Spectral Blades, Golden Gun, Arc Staff, Whirlwind Guard, Stormtrance, Nova Warp, or Daybreak.

Guardians defeated 0/25

That seems doable in only a couple Gambit matches. I feel like the bigger difference is that a skilled Invader can basically win a Prime match for his team because the Primeval phase is so much longer. More invades, more supers usage.

vq2TEKC.png
    I haven't played Gambit since the Arbalest went live but I expect that's a thing now.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    RNG blessed me with the ghost last week and the ship this week, so I finally managed to get Cursebreaker. The absurd length of time it took puts a damper on the excitement, but at least I'm finally done with it.

At this point I don't even remember what else was even required for the title.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm getting really annoyed that this Iron Burden triumph for 2500 final blows is only going to be around for two more Banners. The Triumph would maybe be palatable if it was just 2500 kills, but final blows become frustratingly difficult when at lower light sometimes even a super doesn't kill in one hit.

I need to tell myself not to grind for this because in two matches I've only gotten 4 final blows despite like 25 kills, and I'd rather have fun in my video game life.

Way to take something I was excited to grind for over several runs of IB and just completely undercut my fun.

In case you were wondering, going into iron banner at 402 power level means:

-high impact scouts do 20 to the head
    -high impact fusions do 15 per bolt
    -an Arbalest does 125 to the head
    -you are a huge drag on your team

But I'm getting 2/3 of a level for each game so this dumb plan will work. I'm going to buy the 100 power boost tomorrow, try to salvage a little dignity.

From a Nightfall postgame summary:
    Tfy92ll.jpg

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    But

How?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Each single bullet killed 12 enemies with a precision shot, obvi

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    ObiFett wrote: »
    But

How?

You gotta give a 110% * 10.9

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Rough night in comp. 11 games and all I have to show for it is -200 points. Not even the weekly bonus is making up for that.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Tfy92ll.jpg

What weapon were you using?

• YerMumYerMum Registered User regular

Opty wrote: »
    Tfy92ll.jpg

What weapon were you using?

Chuck Norris?

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
    ZSobE69.png

My powers are beyond what a feeble human mind can even comprehend!

Or the game got confused when I left to pick up a bounty, rejoined, and got locked out of the boss room. One of those.

edited April 2019
    I had six months of fun with my sweet gun, but all good things come to an end.
    Magnificent Howl (the unique perk on these weapons) is too effective. It works in a neutral setting and rewards players for getting precision shots—something they would have done naturally. As a result, the time to kill of the game shifts to meet this new benchmark, and players feel that the majority of primary weapons in Destiny 2 cannot compete with these pinnacle weapons.

Our current plan is to make Luna’s Howl and Not Forgotten the only 150 RPM precision Hand Cannons. They will maintain some aspects of their current behavior while taking on the firing speed and damage of the 150 RPM Hand Cannons. Magnificent Howl will also be adjusted so that it increases only body-shot damage, resulting in a two headshot/one body-shot kill. Magnificent Howl will still give an advantage due to requiring less precision hits for optimal time to kill.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47793

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    And the audacity of assuming that I hit headshots, instead of 8 consecutive body shots. You don’t know me at all, Bungie.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Also "we made an invitation of the Nine that can't be completed whoops lol"

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out what they mean by "the only 150 RPM Precision HC" — is it that 150 RPMs are traditionally not "Precision"? Are they going to change the RPM of every other 150 and then slow down Luna/NF?

But uh, sounds goodish.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

With stuff like this, or the guitar errors from the the revelry happening, I thinking the live testing team must be pretty small. Or just a tiny live team in general. Would certainly explain some of the weirder bugs we've seen lately

edited April 2019
    metaghost wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out what they mean by "the only 150 RPM Precision HC" — is it that 150 RPMs are traditionally not "Precision"? Are they going to change the RPM of every other 150 and then slow down Luna/NF?

But uh, sounds goodish.

The former. All 150s are in the lightweight archetype. And the two hand cannons will have their RPM but not archetype changed, and will be both precision and 150, a unique combination.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    I always forget the archetypes have descriptors, not simply RPM values to differentiate.

But you know, it seems like "precision" would be the category for the slowest-firing HCs.

It's weird - I worked my ass off for Luna's Howl in Season 4, and was really excited to try it out and murder people. And then I only used it for like 3 nights and went back to non-Hand Cannons since I mostly dislike them, and wanted to use my Mindbenders' again in my Energy slot. I think if Luna's was a Kinetic weapon, I probably would have used it more. It just never got as much play by me personally compared to the effort put in to get it.

But I'm happy with any reduction/nerf because that gun is just way too prominent/powerful, and it's getting boring fighting DRB/Luna/Wardcliff all the damn time.

PS Bungo - please buff Redrix's

Also what the shit Bungie how did you not test the entirety of the Invitation questline? Or are the enemy pairings randomly assigned, what the shit dudes?

It's weird - I worked my ass off for Luna's Howl in Season 4, and was really excited to try it out and murder people. And then I only used it for like 3 nights and went back to non-Hand Cannons since I mostly dislike them, and wanted to use my Mindbenders' again in my Energy slot. I think if Luna's was a Kinetic weapon, I probably would have used it more. It just never got as much play by me personally compared to the effort put in to get it.

But I'm happy with any reduction/nerf because that gun is just way too prominent/powerful, and it's getting boring fighting DRB/Luna/Wardcliff all the damn time.

PS Bungo - please buff Redrix's

Also what the shit Bungie how did you not test the entirety of the Invitation questline? Or are the enemy pairings randomly assigned, what the shit dudes?

I was just thinking of the Redrix. Never nerfed, because only 3 people ever used it.

I think the changes to comp this season were kind of a stealth way to address how out of line Luna is/was. Make it a bit more accessible, since it’s so dominant in the current crucible. And now this is the direct balance patch. It’s probably good for the health of the playlist, even though I’ll be losing the crispy 3-tap, for a more leisurely 3-tap.

But, forgetting that for a minute what I dislike is less the RPM change and more that Magnificent Howl no longer does extra precision damage. Not that it has much of an effect in most situations, the 3rd headshot will get the kill anyways. I just really, really like seeing a big yellow number on the third shot. I want my big yellow number!

Also, I hit a nice count on mine yesterday.

b1a12e62-9b05-46ac-95c8-95c048557ab4_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg

I'm guessing the Invitation initially used Warden of Nothing, but then someone realized "oh, this doesn't count as The Tangled Shore", and then that someone forgot to recommend updating the enemy types.

I had a change of heart, and I am going for the 2,500 burden kills. Doing things that I shouldn’t be proud of, but are too fun for me to stop doing.

https://xboxclips.com/Elkamil/722dd3dd-4c04-4f4d-83fd-66ccefd63f6e

It is their fault for refusing to die to one grenade.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm mixed on the 'rebirth' of Luna's but it def had it's time in the sun, I'm okay with something else taking the top slot

Does kill my drive for Not Forgotten a bit

Oh Reddit, never change
    m17ucgcytpie.png

vq2TEKC.png
    I would absolutely chase the 2500 kills thing if it was kills/assists, not just Final Blows. But my pace of Final Blows to daily play time is just too low to even come close to 2500 with only 12 days of IB left in the chase.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

With stuff like this, or the guitar errors from the the revelry happening, I thinking the live testing team must be pretty small. Or just a tiny live team in general. Would certainly explain some of the weirder bugs we've seen lately

At this point my assumption is that the QA team is either fictional or whoever in development was supposed to coordinate with QA forgot their password to the feedback program they use and is to afraid to mention anything and so just makes up QA reports themselves.

I appreciate that they warned us ahead of time about the Invitation of the Nine though. That takes it from annoyingly stupid to amusingly stupid.

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Having put as much effort in as I did, I’m salty as all hell about the NF/Luna’s nerfs. Unnecessary, and heavy handed.

The big problem with the prevelence of the guns is the fact that, on console, other handcannon archetypes have bloom and massive recoil. Nobody uses other hand cannons there because they’re awful.

Meanwhile on PC plenty of other guns are highly used: ace is very popular, lots of thorns, kindled orchids. Not that many Luna’s at all in fact.

So when the clear problem is actually handcannon mechanics on console, they overreact to the whiny pvp crowd and ruin my favourite pinnacle weapon. Same people that were moaning about the thorn quest being too hard when you could knock it over in one or two evenings.

It’s a 150 now. All 150’s can 3 crit kill. So what exactly makes it a “pinnacle”?

Jesus fucking Christ. Can’t wait til recluse gets nerfed next.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
    I'll preface this by saying that I don't much care about PC opinions on how a console game should be balanced.

Bungie could improve the bloom/recoil on other hand cannon types to make them more viable, but LH/NF would still be absurd, archetype-breaking weapons that never should've been released as-is. It's a three shot kill that has no initial kill requirement like rampage, kill clip or desperado. It kills strictly faster and more forgivingly than other weapons in the archetype. It's not a weapon that rewards skilled players. It just makes straight 1v1 gunfights too easy.

As for the nerf? Changing the archetype to "precision" 150's sounds fair. Nerfing both the archetype and magnificent howl is unnecessary. Bungie has an awful habit of nerfing multiple aspects of something overpowered, when any of the individual tweaks would be sufficient.

I'll preface this by saying that I don't much care about PC opinions on how a console game should be balanced.

Bungie could improve the bloom/recoil on other hand cannon types to make them more viable, but LH/NF would still be absurd, archetype-breaking weapons that never should've been released as-is. It's a three shot kill that has no initial kill requirement like rampage, kill clip or desperado. It kills strictly faster and more forgivingly than other weapons in the archetype. It's not a weapon that rewards skilled players. It just makes straight 1v1 gunfights too easy.

As for the nerf? Changing the archetype to "precision" 150's sounds fair. Nerfing both the archetype and magnificent howl is unnecessary. Bungie has an awful habit of nerfing multiple aspects of something overpowered, when any of the individual tweaks would be sufficient.

I'm betting the nerf to Magnificent Howl is to stop the ability to kill one person and then two-tap another one afterwards. I'm pretty sure it's always 3 hits to kill now with the weapon because of the nerf.