As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Slay the Spire] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Yeah, just about 60 more wins until I catch up!

At last count I had 63. So good luck!

Also velvet choker with dead branch makes me cry. You didn't even upgrade the apparitions either! *Gibber*

Seriously though. Congrats! That's a serious achievement! Now do it with the other 2!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Also velvet choker with dead branch makes me cry. You didn't even upgrade the apparitions either! *Gibber*

Seriously though. Congrats! That's a serious achievement! Now do it with the other 2!

Yeah, I was definitely a bit sad to pick up Velvet Choker. But I already had Pocketwatch, so figured I'd just get minimal Dead Branch value.

I haven't even reached A20 with Ironclad yet though :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Yeah, I was definitely a bit sad to pick up Velvet Choker. But I already had Pocketwatch, so figured I'd just get minimal Dead Branch value.

Try harder! Eat your way to victory! Try hungrier!

Do you remember what other boss relics you were offered? Dead branch that early is the sort of thing I'd shape my entire run around exploiting, so I'm always interested in alternate takes!

• Options

Try harder! Eat your way to victory! Try hungrier!

Do you remember what other boss relics you were offered? Dead branch that early is the sort of thing I'd shape my entire run around exploiting, so I'm always interested in alternate takes!

No idea. But I'm pretty sure that was the only energy Relic.

Steam profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    A19 w/Silent complete!

agdb3tgblhyz.png

Standard AoE poison build. Question Mark make Broken Crown Op. scored an Apotheosis mid Act 2, but still upgraded some powers in case they came out early. Oh yeah, Meat on the Bone carries hard.

Fight against the Awakened One was very close. Came down to the last turn after I held onto Wraith Form every turn. The 3 turns off no damage eked out the win.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Had a Defect run the other day where the 1st boss relics offered were broken crown (with a shitty deck that needed a lot of card input), coffee dripper (with a shitty deck that would definitely need lots of healing), and inserter (with exactly 1 zap, 1 doom and gloom, and 1 electrodynamics as the only orb generation). We took inserter when we probably should have taken crown and prayed for RNGesus, but wow was that a terrible screen. I think we made it to the 2nd fight in Act 2...

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    Managed to get another Asc 20 win with Silent the other day, which was nice. No heart kill - I had to heal on the last campfire, but there was no way the deck would have beaten the heart anyway.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    A14 w/ Silent down. I'm gaining on you guys.

This one was hard to mess up from moment one, but extra-hard once the bandages turned up. It didn't seem to want to give me any of the Shiv synergy one might like until Act 2.
    72BDB17EEDE902549E30B5BFC7DAC6C806D90CA6

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    A19 down with Ironclad!
    9yztx63cykmd.png

Corruption is a good card :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    A19 down with Ironclad!
    9yztx63cykmd.png

Yes. Yes it is.
    414242B745FFFFD962F768AD707A8C0608E64DA3

Whale bonus got me Dead branch. Floor 1 of act 2 got me corruption. Champ got me Your are Nothing (finally). Missed a 4tk on the heart by 20 damage - this is what happens when you never find Feel No Pain to complete Exodia.

So that's 63 wins on the wall.

• Options
    A19 down with Ironclad!
    9yztx63cykmd.png

Yes. Yes it is.

Whale bonus got me Dead branch. Floor 1 of act 2 got me corruption. Champ got me Your are Nothing (finally). Missed a 4tk on the heart by 20 damage - this is what happens when you never find Feel No Pain to complete Exodia.

What is Your are Nothing?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    A19 down with Ironclad!
    9yztx63cykmd.png

Yes. Yes it is.

What is Your are Nothing?

Kill a boss on turn 1. It (and a few other achievements) have eluded me for a long time since i get bored playing at Acension 0/1 where getting them would be practical. (I'm still missing Minimalist, Speedster, Who Needs Relics and Common Sense)

Edit: I'm also live currently - playing a nifty Sadistic Nature/Noxious Fumes deck that's just made it to act 3. Edit edit: Well, that run died to Double ORb walkers (nuts!) but now we're on a really cool Rupture/Dual Wield/Pyramid deck

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Finally finished A12 on Silent. Woo!
    I swear I can't play silent if I don't get an energy relic from the first boss fight.
    nkyj3b0o139b.png

Started the game with a transform of a strike into Tools of trade. Quickly picked up two sneaky strikes and had an easy A1.

Ethea on
  • Options
    Energy relics are often super valuable yeah

Steam profile
  • Options
    And A12 completed on Defect! I am learning to see the power of coolheaded and machine learning.
    got3ryz8cfpl.png

• Options
    Ethea wrote: »
    And A12 completed on Defect! I am learning to see the power of coolheaded and machine learning.
    got3ryz8cfpl.png

See one of those is real good and the other is not =p

(Machine learning is the bad one - it takes a couple of turns to break even rather than just not having it in your deck, and provides no other value - which is bad when you draw it on a turn when you need value right now. Coolheaded is really good though!)

The games funny like that - card draw and energy are major resources, but all of the card draw powers are various shades of awful. Brutality is probably the least awful? (If only because you can make it innate, and both rupture and self forming clay exist)

Congrats though!

Re: your energy issues on silent: Rember that the thing energy does is increase your output.

Silent has lots of ways to efficiently oversee her output with needing a fourth energy - I'd almost recommend trying to go without a few times and seeing what other ways you can discover to break things open.

(Also a fourth energy is not bad! Is a very good way to do that and it's worth figuring out what four energy enables. Consider say thousand cuts + footwork vs noxious fumes + footwork as a scaling engine. One of these is vgood at 3, the other needs 4/snecko to go off)

Hope that helps, keep up the good work!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Corpse Explosion and Noxious Fumes seem to be literally the only Silent things I can make work, but they sure do work!

Silent, A15:
    7A1CEEA4FFED104569457684CE941503B1103886

Almost passed on the Ninja Scroll at the end there. Deck didn't really come together until the Act 1 boss coughed up a Cursed Key I already had an Omamori for; got a lot easier from there.

Silent, A16:
    4F15143FE044EA905DEF35F8E45FFD236E1F45D9
    This one, on the other hand, almost played itself after the Winged Boots + Black Star let me turbo-loot in Act 2. Great timing on the Incense Burner acquisition meant it ate a Hyper Beam for me, too, which made that boss a lot easier.

On to the hard ascensions!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Ethea wrote: »
    got3ryz8cfpl.png

See one of those is real good and the other is not =p

(Machine learning is the bad one - it takes a couple of turns to break even rather than just not having it in your deck, and provides no other value - which is bad when you draw it on a turn when you need value right now. Coolheaded is really good though!)

The games funny like that - card draw and energy are major resources, but all of the card draw powers are various shades of awful. Brutality is probably the least awful? (If only because you can make it innate, and both rupture and self forming clay exist)

Congrats though!

Re: your energy issues on silent: Rember that the thing energy does is increase your output.

Silent has lots of ways to efficiently oversee her output with needing a fourth energy - I'd almost recommend trying to go without a few times and seeing what other ways you can discover to break things open.

(Also a fourth energy is not bad! Is a very good way to do that and it's worth figuring out what four energy enables. Consider say thousand cuts + footwork vs noxious fumes + footwork as a scaling engine. One of these is vgood at 3, the other needs 4/snecko to go off)

Hope that helps, keep up the good work!

Hmm that is some good food for thought. I hadn’t really used machine learning before and this deck it seemed okay, but you are correct it is way to slow and 2 more coolheaded would have made this deck even smoother to play.

I have been playing when I don’t pull an energy relic but I think my A1 drafting have leaned towards the presumption that I will get a fourth energy.

• Options
    The main problem with all the card draw powers is you have to draw them (-1 card), then wait 2 turns before they were better than just not having them in the deck.

Which when your average fight dissent really go beyond 5 turns is a bit of a problem.

Making them innate just makes your most important turn (t1) worse. (Excepting stuff like bag of prep, snecko eye shenanigans - 9 card have can be good!). Obvs if you can deal with that turn on time, they have room to be very good.

Though this is generalities. I've had brutality be an all star, I've had told of the trade be okay and can imagine it being v. Good, I'm sure there's space for Machine learning to do something.

I find for act 1 my only real considerations with boss relic are: snecko eye (in which case, draft few to no 0 costs), pyramid (o costs increase in value), and box (removes drop in value. Only a considerations with an early egg)

Beyond that I tend to be going what's the deck doing, what does it need - if I think the decks under developed, no way am I taking broken crown. If I think I lose without 4e, then I'll take ectoplasm even though hold is vital. Can I deal with curses, or just born chests? Cursed key. Etcers.

Generally I'll skip 4e in favor of eye or pyramid almost always and sometimes in favor of Astrolabe, Black Star, Inserter, Eternal feather if I think the penalty will kill the deck. The rest of the choices tend to be way more specific

Also random thought: if tiny house upgraded 2 cards and let you choose, it'd be real good.

• Options
    A19 down w/Defect!

hvpfzol0umpi.png

x2 Capacitor w/Consume did a lot of the heavy lifting. Creative AI helped, but I think getting Pyramid sealed the deal.

Lots of restarts, but to be honest, I don't mind if I know I can win. Just Ironclad left to get to A20 now.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I got A19 with the Silent on a deck that I didn't think would cut it at all. I had way too much block and very anemic damage. The first boss, hexaghost went around the board 3 full times. I was really saved by the paper crane weakness buff.

I picked runic dome and expected to die. I have a really good sense of the attack patterns on A19 and thought I could maybe make it work, but it's a tough life. The only reason I took it was because my deck was block heavy anyway.

I ended up with 2 footworks and a nightmare. And oddly smooth stone.

So my blocks went totally nuts, but every fight was the longest fight ever.

Desperate for scaling, I picked up one deadly poison+ and lucked into noxious fumes. Still, the fights went on forever. This was the only time I was happy to see The Awakened One. Because of a nightmare on Footwork, by blocks were putting up insane numbers. Dodge and Roll was putting up 22 block for 2 turns. Blur was doing big time work.

Basically ended up just waiting out the Awakened one and prayed for no bad card draw.

I only had 1 bad turn where I drew all attacks and lost 3/4ths of my HP. It was nerve wracking.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Going live folks, come and join in the fun.

and you know, aks questions.

Also grats to @MNC Dover and @JebusUD

• Options
    Well, after a plethora of failures to launch the last few days, I at least just got to the heart on A20. Deck wasn't great - it had holes for sure - but Jesus H. Christ did I get RNG-screwed in Act 4. My opening hand against the sword and shield wasn't good for that turn or setting up the next, and the 2nd turn was always going to draw me 0 blocks and both the burns that just got put into my (35 card ...) deck, so I got to eat 44 damage with no recourse at all on turn 2. That sucks. The heart would have been doable if things had come about in a slightly different order. I had 0 blocks in my opening hand along with a lone Pain I couldn't cull, so fossilized helix got to do absolutely nothing and the fight was just crap from there. I only had 20HP to work with after the S&S (perspective - I had over 80 max HP and was at full going into that fight, AND had Meat On The Bone ...), so there was no wiggle room before playing out Wraith Forms, which dropped my dex too quickly to deal with beat of death. I lost with it around 600 health with 200+ poison on it. Womp. :(

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Ouch, that super sucks @ArcticLancer

A quick note with the A4 elites - they ALWAYS stick the burns ontop of your deck. Allllways. Turn 2 you will only ever get to draw 3 real cards unless you can shennagize somehow. (In fact i believe the fight is set up so you always get burns put on top of your deck and draw them right before the 4x attack. Which is V. Rude)

Just finished my 64th! heart kill here with a super sweet/interesting deck. Dont have Apothesis? That's cool, just build your own! Pocketwatch + Armaments says hi. I actually drafted 4 freaking Armaments, and it was so worth it. Otherwise the deck was a very shenanigan filled Str/reaper/dual wield combod with Corruption/Feel No Pain/Charons ashes.

Basically the entire deck was built around exploiting pocketwatch, and it was great. Got a vod of this run too, which i'll upload shortly =)
    F7A00C2197BB05F56337813EA99AA6C1174D5469

I think this is honestly one of my favourite runs in recent memory - it wasnt the strongest deck, but it was just so INTERESTING to play, and i really liked how it abused pocketwatch. (It also got to give Awoken One a hilariously bad day - just take 214 damage in the fight, going in at 105 hp and coming out at 98. Seems fine, right? I believe that's how you win.)

I think some important takeaways here:

Redundancy in good cards. With no Pyramid to fall back on, the deck used extra copies of Dual Wield and Armaments to make sure the strong thing it could do could happen. Corruption/Exhume opened up other options to shape good turns,
    Card Remove over 5E. Pruning strikes made the deck's strong thing easier to achieve, boosting the deck's output way beyond what a 5th energy would do. (Forgetting to remove the curse over removing strikes was a whoopsy)
    Identify that upgrades weren't needed, so Fusion Hammer was safe. Upgrades are super strong, which can make Fusion hammer hairy (Though it's one of the less bad choices). This deck had a way to break Fusion Hammer's effect, so boom.
    Feed > Limit Break (The Max HP saved the run, Limit Break's STR scaling was unnecessary to win)
    Dual Wield Abuse (4 good targets: Reaper, Feed, Rampage and Feel No Pain. Rampage is a weird one and i dont think ever happened - but if you duplicate Rampage, it copies with it's current damage. You can do some horrific burst by copying a 50+ damage ramapage)
    Tactical Suicide - After carrying a Fairy in a bottle for a long time (Floor 16!), i ended up letting the heart kill me just to set up a better turn, which i snowballed into a win

...Also i made a discovery? or something new? Apparently the heart's multi-attack puts wounds in your deck like Book of Stabbing!? I never knew this. You'd think after 64 wins i'd notice. (Maybe it only starts happening after a certain number of turns, and i'm normally blocking so i dont get the wounds in the first place?)

@Ethea I forgot to mention that Empty Cage and Orrery can be really strong/stronger than a 4th energy. (Calling Bell can be as well, but is very much a risk/reward thing). Empty Cage when you just need to prune stuff badly (Letting you create an infinite, or more easily shape killer turns), and orrery when your deck DESPERATELY needs a specific card (Eg: You have dead branch, so Corruption is an instant win)

Anyway, i'm briefly afk to get some fresh air, but then i'm still going. Come ask me questions ya'll!

Edit: Make that 65 wins. With proof that you totally dont need relics (This is a dirty, dirty lie).
    0FE83D55B2D2B11A58A422D737FEBC90725AF96F

Though seriously, look at all those relics that DONT DO ANYTHING. (Necronomicon was basically a deteriment, So was Hungry Face, MUtagens dragged Clockwork out back and shot it, Blood Vial was only still around because i misclicked, Ommamori never lost any charges...)

...And yes, i have blood vial and bites because i clicked the wrong button. I won anyway, shuttttup.

Also can you see the horrible mistake i made? If you're missing it, it was buying Clockwork Souvenir. Because i bought it forgetting i'd taken mutagens.... so it never did what i actually wanted it for (blocking -dex down, blocking Heart debuffs). So uh, that was a thing. I swear i'm good at this game.

Cool takeaways in this run: Early Nightmare was a curse, but my bet it'd pay off was neat. Bullet Time was also taken early, mainly off the back of having Preadator. This... helped a lot in act 2, including some werid Nightmare Bullet Time shenangins.

Double Nightmare for Wraith Forms AND Footworks made the heart a cinch (ish, i had to reload because miiisssplaaaaysss), as did taking a safe path that let me upgrade a lot of cards. Deck's only real damage was 2x Caltrops+, but hey, that worked.

VoD uploaded later when i'm not crazy tired

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    @The Zombie Penguin

(And any other interested parties):

Is the pick here After Image or Wraith Form? Note the Paper Krane; there are two Neutralizes (One upgraded), a Leg Sweep, and a Sucker Punch+ ensuring that things are forever weak here, which is making me think After Image. I don't think it's Nightmare. I'm saved at this card choice, so no idea what relics are coming up.
    C9CB14882D9C1446B0507153A2DF049154D12E56

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Definitely depends on the whole deck, but it seems like you generally have your blocks going well. I'd be biased towards After Image if you've got enough 0/1-cost stuff (obvious things like Cloak and Dagger and Blade Dance are top tier pairings), but Wraith Form can't be underestimated. It's tough to call in Act 1 because of a lack of energy generation (Wraith Form not upgraded is really swingy with only 3 energy).

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Definitely depends on the whole deck, but it seems like you generally have your blocks going well. I'd be biased towards After Image if you've got enough 0/1-cost stuff (obvious things like Cloak and Dagger and Blade Dance are top tier pairings), but Wraith Form can't be underestimated. It's tough to call in Act 1 because of a lack of energy generation (Wraith Form not upgraded is really swingy with only 3 energy).

I don't really have actually-good blocks as yet, just one Blur and an Escape Plan; I just figure leading with After Image + leveraging the Krane is a pretty safe bet to make my life a lot easier than banking on an energy relic.

I'll roll with the After Image and that advice. If there's not a victory screenshot later you guys can have told me so retroactively. :D

Relic turns out to be Ectoplasm, Wrist Blade, Tiny House, so I grabbed the Wrist Blade and I guess I'm in Shiv production if I can find it.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    @The Zombie Penguin

(And any other interested parties):

Is the pick here After Image or Wraith Form? Note the Paper Krane; there are two Neutralizes (One upgraded), a Leg Sweep, and a Sucker Punch+ ensuring that things are forever weak here, which is making me think After Image. I don't think it's Nightmare. I'm saved at this card choice, so no idea what relics are coming up.
    C9CB14882D9C1446B0507153A2DF049154D12E56

Without knowing hte rest of your deck, impossible to say. I'd lean towards After Image there, as that's likely to be more functional in Act 2 than wraith form - Wraith form wins runs, or rather, boss fights, but it's not nearly as good at hallway fights. The other consideration is you have Question card - meaning your chance to see rares is noticeably higher.

(For those unaware - Rare card generation is handled as - start at -2%. Every common card you see incraments this by 1%, rerolled per card you see. So Question card on floor 17 of act 2 will generate -2%, -1%, 0%, 1% chance to see a rare assuming that all 4 cards are common. (And then floor 18 would be 2, 3, 4, 5% - You can see question card has a pretty dramatic effect on your ability to see rares as a result. This is part of why Broken Crown can be really bad, as it cripples your aiblity to find rares. This is also part of why Nloth's Gift can be crazy - it pumps your rare chance base by something nuts like 8%, and then climbs it higher still)

I mainly mention rare chance as that means Nightmare shennagins are a real consideration, and Nightmare Afterimage, Nightmare Wraith Form and Nightmare Footwork are all run-winning.

Annnnnnyway.

After image? i think? probably? If you loose, our advice was perfect and you did it wrong @Auralynx That's just the rules. @ArcticLancer can confirm this i'm sure. If you win, of coruse our advice was also perfect and you owe us. Also the rules.

• Options
    A19 w/Ironclad down!

gk96dz90a5by.png

Dead Branch and Barricade offered by first Elite. With a Campfire right after, I took Barricade and upgraded it. Rest of the Act was pretty easy. 6th space on Act 2 was the end when I got Upgraded Corruption. The holy trinity was complete! I think it was the first time I ever assembled the combo and boy was it refreshing.

I was so absurdly OP that I took every Elite fight for fun. On the third Act, I chose not to go down a path with 2 Elites after getting offered a Body Block. I decided to upgrade it for maximum damage. Which allowed me to do something else I've never done before:

cigdfzfd9t76.jpg

That run was certainly a palate cleanser. So now all three classes are at A20. One more win w/each then the A20 Heart run attempts will begin.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Nah, everything worked out:
    6B3B1D9D8A0900B64A6F352D853FF5BB2C9C3E63

Not visible at the bottom: a Footwork+.

This went to single digits twice, once on the Red Mask Bandits due to poor availability of Weakens when I needed them, and once on Nemesis due to a really unlucky draw on a turn where it was hitting hard. I feel fully justified in having grabbed that Bandage Up at this point; I ended up with fewer upgrades than you might've expected, but I made it.

Most of the things that made it work besides After Image were Act 2+ pickups, including the Flask, all of the Footworks and both Infinite Blades. Hard, but not impossible I guess, to ask for better relic pickups in Act 2!

Boss was Time Eater, which was really lucky as well.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Dammit, a misplay vs the Giant Head cost me the run.
    4EB8126DFCFCEA685C82B6B4B50CBD54B6417CC0

Interesting deck, not convinced it won though - It's only sustain was the bites. But Broken Crown and Mark of Pain seemed awful, and the act 3 relics seemed awful too. Though now i'm going "Wait, shit, was there an eternal feather as a reward", because that would have been way better than Philosophers Stone. I think if the deck found Corruption it would have made it? Really hard to say. It was about one bad turn from dying at all points, so ???

I guess having taken Feed+ early in the run and upgraded it, +having Regal Pillow, i was supposed to take Mark of Pain, find Evolve and bottle it somehow. Broken Crown just seems like it's game over. Figured this was worth posting just an interesting contrast to some of my wins - This wasn't exactly a weak deck by any means!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Well this is a good way to start a strength run

qxsbglqn5ia4.jpg

gaegde13e6ga.jpg

edit: and I died because I had no defense.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    @The Zombie Penguin Are you the one who told me about this trick?

NALPX3l.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @The Zombie Penguin Are you the one who told me about this trick?

NALPX3l.jpg

The necro/blue candle/fnp interaction? It might have been me! I feel like it's a fairly well known truck amongst the better players, but I always try and explain from a cool things you might not know.

Either way, teach that overgrown bird who's boss

(Edit, ooooh with bodyslam in your hand you win this turn! You just have to spend 30ish hp)

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i probably could have done it just as easy straight up, but it was fun to cheese it that turn. Every necro does 1 damage to me and adds ~6 damage to the body slam

sig.gif
  • Options
    Is Girya garbage? I was occasionally happy to see it in A0 days to turn on a strength deck, but now i just can't imagine dumping campfires into it. I saw it early in act 1 a few runs ago for $312. What!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Is Girya garbage? I was occasionally happy to see it in A0 days to turn on a strength deck, but now i just can't imagine dumping campfires into it. I saw it early in act 1 a few runs ago for $312. What!

Heavily layout / other relics-dependent, at least. It's not great.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options

I mean it's way better than searing blow ;)

Do you really really need strength? What are you doing with your campfires?

Generally the answer is that much like Shovel, it tends to shine when you have fusion hammer, sometimes when you have dripper (and don't have good upgrades).

It's usually something I like getting early because then I can lean into it, and make that str work for me. Late game upgrades, getting red key, undoing getting my face kicked in all tend to be worth more than 1 str.

But maybe you just need that 1~3 str badly (limit break reaper deck as an example)

Hope that's helpful

• Options
    searing blow doesn't cost three hundred gold!

I'm consigning this heap of junk to the trash heap where it belongs

sig.gif