As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mortal Kombat 11] We Got Bugs and Fast Bois!

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Still midway through the story. It’s funny how rapidly it goes from “I wish I was playing more often” to “I wish I could get past these fights and get to the next plot point.”

Finally glanced over the customization options (klassic towers were unavailable at the time, come on guys). It’s weird to be able to see all the stuff I don’t have. Like, I do get it. But again. It’s like all the toys are in the window. It all looks like busywork to get any of it.

I would prefer some compromise, some means of offline play gear access. I get the towers are supposed to allow getting the specific stuff, but...when the towers are unavailable...

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I thought the last boss fight in this story was miles easier than previous last boss fights. I died twice here, whereas Shao Kahn in MK9 wrecked my shit for hours.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I thought the last boss fight in this story was miles easier than previous last boss fights. I died twice here, whereas Shao Kahn in MK9 wrecked my shit for hours.

Absolutely. I was prepared for total bullshit and was greeted with only mild bullshit.
    getting attacked by a t-rex was actually cool.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, I managed Kronika pretty easy compared to the incredible shit garbage fight that was MK9 Shao Kahn.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Finished story mode. Hot damn, that was good! Probably the best story mode NRS has done so far. I wish it was about 5 times longer, though, with a greater gameplay to cutscene ratio. I honestly think these guys just want to make movies sometimes. The ending really leaves everything wide open for sequels. The only annoying bit, I thought, was the Kronika fight. I mean, yeah, MK final bosses are always cheap but come the fuck on. She is impervious to Fatal Blows and even some special attacks, but her attacks of course are super hard to dodge and hit like a fucking dump truck.

As for the story...
    I really liked how they redeemed both Raiden and Liu Kang, both of them have been through hell and back over the past couple games trying to do the right thing and getting totally dicked over for their efforts. Fire God Liu Kang is pretty fun and I assume he won't be available in any other game mode, though I think you can use his skin. At first I thought it was a little odd they ended the story with Kronika basically winning, she does ultimately reset the timeline of the universe and kills everyone (or I guess, rewinds time so that noone has been born yet, anyways)... but then Liu Kang destroys her and takes her place as the architect of time, which would indicate all our favorite characters will be born again except this time dickhead Kronika won't be around to constantly reset the timeline and make everyone's lives hell for her own amusement. It really does leave everything wide open, they could concievably bring back anyone they want now for MK12 (if they make MK12 anyways). It also feels like the ending to this story mode could also close out the story of MK all together if they wanted to call it quits.

Anyways, very satisfying story mode. Only real weaknesses are 1) Rhonda Rousey's terrible voice acting 2) It's too darn short.

So with story mode done, I think it's time to hit those towers!

What I thought as funny about the ending (besides getting DC'ed from the server and not actually getting to see it) was that
    time starts over, so they lose, And ultimately are left with just another mook in charge of time. Except this time it is the merger of two people who've both shown before that power absolutely corrupts them so I guess everyone is just fucked!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I haven't started Story Mode yet but I beat Kronika in the Towers, it was a neat gimmick but nothing all that difficult. And I'm pretty much ass at fighting games.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Finished story mode. Hot damn, that was good! Probably the best story mode NRS has done so far. I wish it was about 5 times longer, though, with a greater gameplay to cutscene ratio. I honestly think these guys just want to make movies sometimes. The ending really leaves everything wide open for sequels. The only annoying bit, I thought, was the Kronika fight. I mean, yeah, MK final bosses are always cheap but come the fuck on. She is impervious to Fatal Blows and even some special attacks, but her attacks of course are super hard to dodge and hit like a fucking dump truck.

As for the story...
    I really liked how they redeemed both Raiden and Liu Kang, both of them have been through hell and back over the past couple games trying to do the right thing and getting totally dicked over for their efforts. Fire God Liu Kang is pretty fun and I assume he won't be available in any other game mode, though I think you can use his skin. At first I thought it was a little odd they ended the story with Kronika basically winning, she does ultimately reset the timeline of the universe and kills everyone (or I guess, rewinds time so that noone has been born yet, anyways)... but then Liu Kang destroys her and takes her place as the architect of time, which would indicate all our favorite characters will be born again except this time dickhead Kronika won't be around to constantly reset the timeline and make everyone's lives hell for her own amusement. It really does leave everything wide open, they could concievably bring back anyone they want now for MK12 (if they make MK12 anyways). It also feels like the ending to this story mode could also close out the story of MK all together if they wanted to call it quits.

Anyways, very satisfying story mode. Only real weaknesses are 1) Rhonda Rousey's terrible voice acting 2) It's too darn short.

So with story mode done, I think it's time to hit those towers!

What I thought as funny about the ending (besides getting DC'ed from the server and not actually getting to see it) was that
    time starts over, so they lose, And ultimately are left with just another mook in charge of time. Except this time it is the merger of two people who've both shown before that power absolutely corrupts them so I guess everyone is just fucked!
    I don't recall Liu Kang ever being corrupted by "power", as such, corruption has mostly been a side effect of zombification for him.

And Kitana seems like an alright person to have in charge of reshaping history.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Didn't Liu Kang get all uppity about being the one to kill Shao Kahn?

Honestly, I can't remember for the life of me.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    My favourite moments in the story is any section with Kung Lao. They capture a very bromance kind of relationship with his character towards Liu.
    And of course, his insistence that Kitana's too far out of Liu's league at every point before becoming Fire God, then he's suddenly too good for her.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

In 9? I don't think so, he got pretty annoyed with Rayden when he was all like "we must let him win" without explaining further.

• Options
    It’s funny, I always thought Kung Lao was more legit than Liu Kang. He wears a crazy hat. That doesn’t happen on its own, so it surprises me when he’s depicted as the reckless one of the two. I always thought he’d be more reserved, more arch, than Liu Kang.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Lui Kang was the dude from the first game, so that's basically why he's the hero. Kung Lao was introduced in the second game and that's probably why they had his thing be "Lives in Lui Kang's shadow".
    reVerse wrote: »

In 9? I don't think so, he got pretty annoyed with Rayden when he was all like "we must let him win" without explaining further.

Lui Kang got pissed because he A. Basically got Kung Lao killed (due to the message from the future), B. Got most of their allies killed by visiting the Elder Gods and failing to gain their help while Sindel murdered the good guys and the final straw was C. His plan became "Let Shao Kahn win and the Elder Gods will stop him." which sounds completely ludicrious given all that had happened at that point.

There does seem to be some resentment over Raiden going "Maybe you're NOT supposed to win, Lui Kang" during the MK2 stuff, but they don't really go anywhere with it.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Did the Towers of Time tutorials. Noob Saibots match with blood missiles pissed me off hard. When I finally beat him I got him with a Klassic uppercut Brutality. That was so satisfying when I saw his head go flying in slow motion.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    For some reason finishing Story Mode didn't unlock Frost, so I went back and re-did Chapter 4
    the first time I did every fight as Sub-Zero, so I did them as Scorpion. I'd thought it was cool when Sektor flamethrowered Sub-Zero and he did an ice-blast to block it, but it was even more badass for Sektor to try flamethrowering Scorpion and Scorpion just no-sells him without a blink.
    anyway, finishing that successfully unlocked Frost.

• Options
    Reading up on the MK loot situation, I can’t help but feel it might’ve been somewhat smoothed over had they rolled out, like, a small number of things per character a week or something.

Showing ALL the stuff at once that you can’t get only highlights the work to acquire it.

• Options
    I keep exploring the krypt and keep opening up gigantic new areas

It’s pretty cool

• Options
    edited April 2019

It’s pretty cool

Have you figured out how to
    lower that underground bridge? I have a terrible feeling that it might be something that lowers from the other side, after you’ve come the ofher way from somewhere else.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

It’s pretty cool

lower that underground bridge? I have a terrible feeling that it might be something that lowers from the other side, after you’ve come the ofher way from somewhere else.

It does not lower from the other side.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Is anyone else on PC having constant instant-crash-to-desktops with no error message or anything while modifying loadouts on Kustomize?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Is anyone else on PC having constant instant-crash-to-desktops with no error message or anything while modifying loadouts on Kustomize?

I was playing around with loadouts last night and was fine. Haven’t had a CTD yet. FPS gets a bit janky in menus but otherwise performance is fine.

• Options

It’s pretty cool

Not yet but I just got
    scorpion’s spear
    so I need to go back and see if that will let me lower it

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Yeah so I'm literally unable to be in the Kustomize menu for more than a minute or two without a hard crash to desktop. Yes I'm running the latest video card drivers, yes I've verified the game's cache.

Awesome.

edit: apparently it's not just me

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yeah so I'm literally unable to be in the Kustomize menu for more than a minute or two without a hard crash to desktop. Yes I'm running the latest video card drivers, yes I've verified the game's cache.

Awesome.

DX12 by any chance? I didn’t see a DX option but it seems to be a common crash cause in like almost everything.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    -Loki- wrote: »

Awesome.

DX12 by any chance? I didn’t see a DX option but it seems to be a common crash cause in like almost everything.

If there's no DX option how would I fix it then?

• Options

Awesome.

If there's no DX option how would I fix it then?

I wasn’t sure if there was, just thinking about common crash causes.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Ok so apparently the root of the problem has been somewhat traced.
    CzK0aB9.png

How the fuck is this even remotely acceptable.

edit: Konfirmed. I unplugged my Kontroller and disabled all AA and Kustomize doesn't Krash anymore. For whatever reason, this is the Kause.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    I’m running it with FXAA and a DualShock 4 and it doesn’t crash in Kustomize.

• Options

Same here. It's super weird how it can be traced to these particular settings, but seems to affect people at random.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    So how does one use consumbales when using an arcade stick?

I dont have an RS...

chamberlain on
  • Options

I dont have a an RS...

According to the replies I saw in the resetera thread, "You don't", but I can't confirm, I have yet to use any items and I don't use a stick.

• Options

Same here. It's super weird how it can be traced to these particular settings, but seems to affect people at random.

Could be that I haven’t installed the MK11 specific nVidia drivers yet.

• Options

I dont have a an RS...

According to the replies I saw in the resetera thread, "You don't", but I can't confirm, I have yet to use any items and I don't use a stick.

That's, hm.

I can't think of a K word for stupid.

• Options

I dont have a an RS...

That's, hm.

That’s krap?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

I dont have a an RS...

That's, hm.

That’s krap?

Poorly tested by Kuality Assurance?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

I dont have a an RS...

That's, hm.

That shit is kuckoo.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Tried the towers of time. Got to fight an opponent with a massively larger health pool than myself while occasionally getting hit by unblockable bullshit for heavy damage. Oh, I'll try a few times and, oh, apparently this tower is going away in fifteen minutes. Well, fuck me then.

Literally everything I hated about Injustice 2, back again with a vengeance.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    Tried the towers of time. Got to fight an opponent with a massively larger health pool than myself while occasionally getting hit by unblockable bullshit for heavy damage. Oh, I'll try a few times and, oh, apparently this tower is going away in fifteen minutes. Well, fuck me then.

Literally everything I hated about Injustice 2, back again with a vengeance.

When in doubt, make the AI do it

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    NRS PC ports are why I'll always have a console around.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The frustrating thing about the towers and konsumables is that it feels like consumables should give you an edge or advantage, but instead they just make you barely even in the best of times. So they feel less fun and more mandatory rebalancing the scales. It’s the opposite of feeling like you’re taking power ups, it feels like you’re just trying to get back to normal

I would prefer if you only lose a consumable when you win, and if you lose the fight you don’t lose the consumable

Prohass on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    11 coming out made me finally go back and install X onto my PC again to beat story mode, which I hadn't really played since launch.

so uh, turns out I had maybe 4 fights left until I beat it. whooooooooooooooops.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png