As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    T4CT wrote: »
    excalibur is already a mi'qote party world visit wasn't even necessary

every world is miqo'te party world

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Mateus was packed to the gills with guests asking in public channels where they could find all the ERP, only some of them ironically. Like the time my dumbass uncle went to Europe and my Aunt says he "jokingly" asked every single store, cafe, museum, gas station, and hotel that they passed through in Amsterdam if this was the Red Light District.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • MaijinamuroMaijinamuro Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Made to 50 and did the class quest that got me my chest piece.

The quest also gave me a box with significantly better equipment including a chest piece.

Huh.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur

The quest also gave me a box with significantly better equipment including a chest piece.

Huh.

The lower level stuff is the original rewards. At some point they added the higher tier set to the 50 rewards as a jump start on gearing towards HW.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited April 2019
    Larlar
    Yeah on hitting 50 both those quest rewards are also instantly obsoleted by the ironworks gear you can get by trading tomestones of poetics to a certain merchant in Revenant's Toll.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    They look way cooler though

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

Huh.

The better stuff used to be bought from tomestone vendors, I think?

They give it out now so people don't get stuck farming gear to meet ilvl requirements for the dungeons and stuff in the ARR patch content.

Related, you'll start earning tomestones of poetics now I think. Those are essentially the old gear currency. You can use them to buy Iron works gear from the two ladies in the north end of Mor Dona. Iron Works stuff is the best ARR gear and will last you until the lvl53 dungeon gear.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i finally got my red mage to 60, and started doing stormblood stuff

it was really funny to do this quest where you inspire some dude to fight back against the evil empire and he does some fucking anime ass poses to celebrate. good shit, emotes

gotta say, ala mhigo is also a much, much more boring landscape than ishgard
    i also have just never cared about, uh, Lyse, and it sucks that she seems to be the focus of the expansion, Scion-wise. i like basically every other scion, but i think that she always wore a mask made me never care about her at all. i was a big fan of heavensward focusing on y'shtola.

i'm pretty whatever on the story stuff right now, but i'm sure it's going to pick up. unfortunately i won't be home this weekend to get to it though!!!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »

Huh.

The better stuff used to be bought from tomestone vendors, I think?

They give it out now so people don't get stuck farming gear to meet ilvl requirements for the dungeons and stuff in the ARR patch content.

Related, you'll start earning tomestones of poetics now I think. Those are essentially the old gear currency. You can use them to buy Iron works gear from the two ladies in the north end of Mor Dona. Iron Works stuff is the best ARR gear and will last you until the lvl53 dungeon gear.

worth noting that poetics are also good to buy level 60 gear in a heavensward town, and presumably the level 70 gear current players are buying for stormblood tomestones will switch to poetics when shadowbringers drops

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    Zay wrote: »

it was really funny to do this quest where you inspire some dude to fight back against the evil empire and he does some fucking anime ass poses to celebrate. good shit, emotes

i also have just never cared about, uh, Lyse, and it sucks that she seems to be the focus of the expansion, Scion-wise. i like basically every other scion, but i think that she always wore a mask made me never care about her at all. i was a big fan of heavensward focusing on y'shtola.

i'm pretty whatever on the story stuff right now, but i'm sure it's going to pick up. unfortunately i won't be home this weekend to get to it though!!!

They do a great job of getting you to care about lyse over the course of stormblood. And also alisaie, who is hands diggitty down the best scion

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Whippy wrote: »

They do a great job of getting you to care about lyse over the course of stormblood. And also alisaie, who is hands diggitty down the best scion

Is she, technically? I could never tell

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    I guess that’s personal opinion but she is Highly Competent

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

Yeah, she’s my second favorite at this point, just barely below Y’shtola.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur

They need to put her in red tho, what's with the khaki

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Alisaie and Y'shtola are by far the best scions, yes.

Post SB-spoiler
    Y'shtolas' meeting with Magnai is a treasure.

alisaie's outfit looks good sorry haters

take it up with tataru

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I like both the Leveillur, I probably spelled that wrong, twins

The part in Heavensward content where
    Alisaie turns her book into an ENERGY SWORD

That’s the good shit

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    These scholasticate quests are very strange.

It’s like they took the hildibrand quests then removed everything entertaining about them

edited April 2019
    HONESTLY the worst thing about this game, BY FAR, is that it’s Cure 1, 2 and 3 instead of Cure, Cura and Curaga

I could maaaaaybe see they changed the names for clarity, but then they have shit named Tetragrammaton so fuck off

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Roegadyn
    I liked the scholasticate quests

they deal with a pretty major loose thread post-heavensward
    what happens to the well-meaning members of the clergy who weren't in on the conspiracy, and what is the future of the church?

Roegadyn
    HONESTLY the worst thing about this game, BY FAR, is that it’s Cure 1, 2 and 3 instead of Cure, Cura and Curaga

I could maaaaaybe see they changed the names for clarity, but then they have shit named Tetragrammaton so fuck off
    funnily enough, there's a lore explanation in a text book in one of the dungeons

obviously lore isn't a get out of jail free card, but it's nice that it's there

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell

Take it up with Amdapor.
    A Vote was called to settle on a Name for a potent and newly-fashioned Healing-Spell. Being that said Healing-Spell was an Augmentation of Curaga, erst the most potent Healing-Spell, the following Names were proposed by the council.

Curago, Curaza, Curaja, Curagura

Finding the afore-written Names duly lacking in Gravity and the existing Hierarchy of Spell-Names needlessly abstruse, the Council did Vote by a margin of Seventeen to Three to do away with existing Naming-Conventions entirely and adopt a new system of numerical Spell-Names, as writ below, to be used henceforth.

Cure I, Cure II, Cure III, Cure IV

It is recorded.

It’s Curaja, kiss my ass old dead wizards

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Roegadyn
    The cure, cura, curaga thing was always an English translation thing.

Numbering the spells is also convenient so they dont have to keep thinking up new suffixes when 2 xpacs from now we're using stone VI or ruin IX or whatever.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Kiss my ass

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I grew up with Fire 2 and such (ie. the games released in America before FF8) so it doesn't bother me much.

Though it is weird when the numbering goes from a single target spell to an AoE spell, and then back to a single target spell.

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Firajajaja-ja

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Lars wrote: »
    I grew up with Fire 2 and such (ie. the games released in America before FF8) so it doesn't bother me much.

Though it is weird when the numbering goes from a single target spell to an AoE spell, and then back to a single target spell.

I'm surprised they didn't go with the FFXI convention which was Stone 1, 2, etc. were single target, and Stonega 1, 2, etc. were AOE.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I'm getting way ahead of myself here but I have a couple of friends asking about this game - Can you run the raids in this through some sort of raid finder ala WoW?

Lalafell

Numbering the spells is also convenient so they dont have to keep thinking up new suffixes when 2 xpacs from now we're using stone VI or ruin IX or whatever.

Naw, the suffixes were in the Japanese of the older games before the English translations started using them. Even in games like Chrono Trigger.

MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Firajajaja-ja

Exactly, thank you

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    WheatBun01 wrote: »
    I'm getting way ahead of myself here but I have a couple of friends asking about this game - Can you run the raids in this through some sort of raid finder ala WoW?

Yes. The hard modes (Savage/Extreme/Ultimate) are typically done via the groupfinder, but you can just queue and expect to complete all other 8-24 man content via the dutyfinder (raidfinder from WoW). Mechanics matter more than LFR in WoW, but the mechanic markers are mostly consistent and the game generally trains you as to how to respond so everyone manages to get the content done by and large.

Roegadyn
    WheatBun01 wrote: »

Yes. You can do all the raids with the raid finder, even hard modes after they are outdated.

The normal mode raids also aren't the face roll that WoW raid finder raids are.

The only things you cant use it for are the "Ultimate" raids, which are designed to be super hard for people that really want a challenge/ are crazy.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Hey uh. What's some bikini style armor I can get for a catgirl through the market board? Wanna have a beach glamor

Roegadyn
    you can get a literal bikini with achievement points by talking to the master of rolls in gridania

edited April 2019
    Roegadyn
    Hey uh. What's some bikini style armor I can get for a catgirl through the market board? Wanna have a beach glamor

There's the black bikini you used to get from vet rewards. I think the achievement vendor guy in Gridania sells the vouchers now.

If you just search for chest or pants on the marketboard and go all the way to the end of the list all the level 1 cosmetic stuff is lumped together back there.

I know there's a couerl set and a moonfire set.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    There's also the gladiator set from the Darkhold as well.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited April 2019
    Larlar

was it an english translation thing? what are the spells called in the japanese versions?
    Enlong wrote: »

Naw, the suffixes were in the Japanese of the older games before the English translations started using them. Even in games like Chrono Trigger.

that's what I thought too.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited April 2019
    Lalafell
    The armor from the Stormblood dungeon Shisui of the Violet Tides is all swimsuits. Not market board, but it’s one of those dungeons that gives you an armor piece on completion, guaranteed, so it would take at most 5 runs to get a full set.

Enlong on
    edited April 2019
    Larlar
    you can get a literal bikini with achievement points by talking to the master of rolls in gridania

yeah the easiest swimsuit to get is definitely talking to the achievement rewards guy in old gridania, trading for vouchers with him, and trading those to someone in Revenant's Toll for a swimsuit top and bottom.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.