As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Let me guess.
    A quickshade equivalent.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    So what's the verdict on all the phobos Shadowspear marines in an all-Primaris army?
    Is anything essential?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Dayspring wrote: »
    So what's the verdict on all the phobos Shadowspear marines in an all-Primaris army?
    Is anything essential?

From my local crimson fist competitive player, he plays drukhari as well, he uses the infiltrators for board control and the no-deep strike bubble. And the libby with the Tome if Malcador so he can have nullzone and the new powers so he can ninja nullzone people in the face.

But they are expensive and overall not amazing. Oh I think he uses the LT in there as well. Again, can infiltrate for buffs where needed.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this...but...has everyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY

'cause...damn.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    3lwap0 wrote: »

'cause...damn.

I feel like it's been posted in this or the other warhammer thread on these forums before, but it's worth a repost in case someone's missed it. Be sure to catch the follow-up parts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfGPMJ8A0QY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMGRa4_UjE4

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Sanguinius has arrived.
    YeVDSRWl.jpg

I'm scared to open it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    free spaceghost

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    From coast to coast.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    3lwap0 wrote: »

'cause...damn.

I feel like it's been posted in this or the other warhammer thread on these forums before, but it's worth a repost in case someone's missed it. Be sure to catch the follow-up parts.

Yeah, I don't think anyone's gonna be too upset to see it posted again. It's pretty great. Really shows how nigh-invulnerable space marines are when up against human-level enemies. And it's got one of the best renditions of bolt gun impact/explosions.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I really like the plasma gun animation in that, as well.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    GW sure are taking their time with the FAQ, aren't they.

Burnage wrote: »
    GW sure are taking their time with the FAQ, aren't they.

They are dragging it out to an excessive amount.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    They aren’t sure what to do with the Castellan that won’t piss off the tons of people who have bought and painted a 150 dollar model :D

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Didn't they just have a huge community survey?

Maybe they're taking that into account.

I think you can nerf it to be still a great model just not meta defining.

Though it is interesting watching the meta drift away from it as people have learned to fight it. Instead you are seeing a lot of riptide Tau, chaos daemon undivided with lots of nurgle toys, and orks.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I think you can nerf it to be still a great model just not meta defining.

Though it is interesting watching the meta drift away from it as people have learned to fight it. Instead you are seeing a lot of riptide Tau, chaos daemon undivided with lots of nurgle toys, and orks.

Which is actually why I don't think it's going to get nerfed as hard as some people think it will. It was meta defining for a while, and then the meta learned to fight it. Which is why I am never a fan of knee jerk balance reactions.

I think it will be nerfed, probably in a way that hamstrings it's use of CP in soup lists, but I don't think it will be made useless. It's still going to be a popular model because it's a one stop shop as a tank/monstrous killer for certain kinds of lists.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited April 2019
    Some of the new Ynnari rules have been subtly revealed. The old Strength From Death is out, replaced by an army-wide +1 to hit in melee when charging and always strike first for the remainder of the turn after a unit dies. If you take the Ynnari characters it doesn't have to turn the detachment into Ynnari now, you can run them alongside standard Eldar factions.

It's a nerf on the face of it but I think there's some potential room for spiciness. Being able to slot a psyker into a Dark Eldar army easily might be a real boost.

Burnage on
    And there we go, here are the new Ynnari. Less double attacking bullshit, more melee heavy and what looks like a hell of a lot of potential tankiness.

I'm intrigued.

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    I kinda like the changes (I admittedly hate what the meta forced Ynnari into before).

People were saying before that becoming Ynnari now doesn't lose you PfP, Rising Crescendo, etc., but I'm not seeing it (doesn't losing detachment abilities lose PfP and Obsessions for example?)

Also if you wanted to take full advantage of the one strat that buffs all the eldar you have to use all three Ynnari characters.

novaspike wrote: »
    People were saying before that becoming Ynnari now doesn't lose you PfP, Rising Crescendo, etc., but I'm not seeing it (doesn't losing detachment abilities lose PfP and Obsessions for example?)

Battle Focus, Ancient Doom, PfP and Rising Crescendo aren't detachment abilities, they're unit abilities.

• novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Ahhh, thats it.

I think I'm actually genuinely salty that Doom and Jinx don't affect Dark Eldar and Harlequins units any more, even though it's a fair change.

4++ cap to Knights is good too.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So between ynari nerfs, flyers no longer blocking movement and the changes to powers they really took a hammer to eldar soup huh.

Meanwhile the only change to my Tau is that Kayoun is now optional, it no longer forces a unit to stay in place if you don't want it to. It now works in combat as well. Drones untouched.

4++ is good, and the correct change I think.

A 6 always wins when defending against mental onslaught, which stops the infinite wounds thing.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Awwww, Deathwatch don't get to stack special issue ammo and bolter discipline

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited April 2019
    Chaos characters now get the legion traits. So that includes those on mounts (calvary) and the new lord discordant. The Purge, Flawless Host, and so on have mark requirements. Which again is fine.

Fly keyword let's you jump units again just not terrain in the charge phase. Which is fucking huge. Jumping screens is a big deal. A huge buff for a lot of jump pack units.

Deathwatch lose bolter drill when using special ammo. I will admit it hurts but it is the right change. 36" double shooting bolters with -2 ap were kind of nuts or 30" -1 ap wound on 2+ were just so good. I abused the shit out of this.

The bigger nerf is it seems I can't teleport in bikers with vets and the telportarium? Its infantry or dreads only and bikers have the biker keyword.

Flyer nerf is good.

Eldar nerfs are good.

I haven't look guard yet though.

Edit:

Oblits are 115 1-3 not 65 3 man units.

Oh well. Cool models, way over pointed.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    Castellan also went up 100 points

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    From what I've read, changes seem reasonable so far.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Norgoth wrote: »

Where? I don't see that one.

u7stthr17eud.png

It's in this document.

So... Tau are going to be dominating now, right? This looks like The Imperial List and Aeldari soup have both been kneecapped.

Right at the bottom of the April update PDF, specifically the guns went up in points.

cool cool tau are now king shit

at least mental onslaught and loota spam have been nerfed?

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    If i'm reading things right, hellforged contemptors can now no longer take two fists? Is that correct?

I've remodelled mine to carry twin fists, so that would be just super.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Can someone break down this for me? Did the Fire Frenzy stratagem change?
    Q: If I use the Fire Frenzy Stratagem, the nearest visible enemy
    unit
    is a Character with a Wounds characteristic of less than
    10, but there is another enemy unit closer that is not visible and
    not a Character with a Wounds characteristic of less than 10,
    can I target that Character?

A: No. In such instances, you must target the nearest
    visible enemy unit that is not a Character with a
    Wounds characteristic of less than 10.

Why would you not be able to target the character in this situation if the closest visible model is a character. This answer is reading to me as, "No, you can't target the nearest visible enemy unit because you have to target the nearest visible enemy unit."

unit

Why would you not be able to target the character in this situation if the closest visible model is a character. This answer is reading to me as, "No, you can't target the nearest visible enemy unit because you have to target the nearest visible enemy unit."

So the nearest visable, and nearest unit aren’t the same thing. A character can only be targeted if it’s the nearest unit, visibility has no factor in it. In this scenario the character might be the closest model the helbrute can see for fire frenzy, but say scouts behind a wall might be the closest forcing the character to be untargetable.

unit

So the nearest visable, and nearest unit aren’t the same thing. A character can only be targeted if it’s the nearest unit, visibility has no factor in it. In this scenario the character might be the closest model the helbrute can see for fire frenzy, but say scouts behind a wall might be the closest forcing the character to be untargetable.

essentially it's reworded so you can't bypass the Character targeting rule

If i'm reading things right, hellforged contemptors can now no longer take two fists? Is that correct?

No you can have two deathclaws/fist. That is the default. You can replace one or both with the list.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

No you can have two deathclaws/fist. That is the default. You can replace one or both with the list.

Dark Gods be praised. I didn't have the index with me, and I freaked out at the magenta section in the errata :)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    So my hot takes are:

-Castellan is dead, long live Tau, Orks, GSC, and Chaos!
    -Guard is still god damn good, expect to see them and old fashioned tanks instead. In fact some things that were castellan fodder might show back up.
    -Lord Discordants are now even more amazing. They gain legion traits so they can be -1 to hit, extra attacks on 5+ with flawless host, +1 attack with WE, Strike first with EC, or reroll all hits with the Purge. This unit is gross.
    -Juggy lords are back baby! Not amazing but they get traits at least.
    -My deathwatch list got shredded. Lost bolter drill+SIA (still I am okay). Can't deep strike with a bike in a vet squad from what I can read. Its a good list but I feel chaos just jumped it in power.
    -Flyer nerfs are good.
    -Knight nerf was good.
    -Jump pack buffs are excellent. Though you can't 0" charge you can ignore intervening units which is nice.

So I am happy with it.

u7stthr17eud.png
    edited April 2019
    I'm so glad I bought and painted a 150 dollar model that I'll never play now. Thanks GW. But I guess that's the point, they can suck more money out of me now for models to fill that 600 points.

Don't build a Tau army, that will get it's throat cut in the next FAQ and you'll be out a bunch of money and painting time.

GnomeTank on
This discussion has been closed.