As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Ice units can be kinda busted in that game depending on how readily they can freeze things solid with their skills.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Uh, is this also the thread for Fates? I couldn't find another...

I'm wondering if I should have picked 'Hard', because boy is this difficult so far. It said it was for veterans, but still.
    (I got the Conquest version.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I'm wondering if I should have picked 'Hard', because boy is this difficult so far. It said it was for veterans, but still.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/214912/fire-emblem-strategy-rpgs-at-its-finest#latest

(but honestly I don't care :P)

Yeah, Conquest is supposed to be super hard. I really need to play through it sometime because I've heard it's very fun (despite having the worst story ever).

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/214912/fire-emblem-strategy-rpgs-at-its-finest#latest

(but honestly I don't care :P)

Yeah, Conquest is supposed to be super hard. I really need to play through it sometime because I've heard it's very fun (despite having the worst story ever).

I searched and everything! Carry on.
    (And yeah, the plot is... not so hot so far.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019

For anyone interested in this thing, some more details. You need up to chapter 2-1 or something in the story done to do the event. I suppose I should play some more so I can get there (though TBH, I kinda do not like this game... touch-analog controls always suck and everything is so god damn busy. I'm super overwhelmed by the bazillion different options and currencies... and I thought fucking Heroes currency was bad...)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IIRC, beating that early chapter unlocks the multi-player functionally which is a prerequisite for competing in these events.

If the event is anything like the ones that were available near the launch of dragalia, then unlocking permanent access to Alfonse should be pretty easy. It's attempting to wring 100% of the rewards out of the event that will wear your thumb to the bone.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    https://youtu.be/kOzMY9hWz-w

Also played more Dragalia, unlocked events so I am ready for all the Fire Emblem stuff :3 I do like that autobattle plays the game for me so I don't have to bother :3

Edit: https://youtu.be/1Zg5OMoaf7M

Ah good, largely crap. I can stick to colorless and not feel bad. Thank you orb fairy!

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Uh, is his bow practically perpetual player phase moonbow? And then when his special goes off, he gets an additional mini-moonbow and a mini-Regnal Astra?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Uh, is his bow practically perpetual player phase moonbow? And then when his special goes off, he gets an additional mini-moonbow and a mini-Regnal Astra?

Pretty much. I mean, his bow is literally the Luna bow from Echoes, so makes sense :P

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Definitely gonna drop some orbs on that banner. I want Alm and I wouldn't mind a few more copies of Ike.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Welp, time to give up on Caineghis for now.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I've been doing absolutely god-awful at Aether Raids this week. Like several pure offense losses in a row awful. Switched out Duma for Caineghis this morning and god damn, I should have done this sooner... While he kinda sucks in arena, every fucking enemy in AR are ranged nukes so his insane Distant Defense stats actually do a lot of work (though I may need to swap someone in to deal with all the Dumas and Surtrs.. maybe F!Michaiah). I stuck a DD seal on him for the extra BM and he totally tanked an Ophelia turn 1 special attack like a champ. Hopefully this weekend will be enough time to turn my score around a little. Not that it matters TOO much (honestly, I mostly am just happy to stay in tier 21 and everything above that is gravy) but you know, more dragonflowers and such...

P.S. - God damn does Dragalia have a shit ass pull rate. I got literally no Fire Emblem heroes except for the guaranteed summon thing that I had to spend money to do (I got Marth). I refuse to spend any more on that game though. I always thought FEH had expensive orb prices but holy shit is Dragalia expensive...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I've always felt like pulling a desired 5* in dragalia was more akin to to pulling a desired 5* with perfect IVs in FEH.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I've always felt like pulling a desired 5* in dragalia was more akin to to pulling a desired 5* with perfect IVs in FEH.

Yeah it kinda feels that way. I spent all the wyrmwhatevers I had and got like two 5*s. The 3* rate is insanely high too. I now feel spoiled by FEH...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

Yeah it kinda feels that way. I spent all the wyrmwhatevers I had and got like two 5*s. The 3* rate is insanely high too. I now feel spoiled by FEH...

I'm feeling that way after looking at the pull rates in Another Eden.

awxluh51dxaj.png

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    I played Dragalia for all of about 3 days when it came out before deciding it was a level of complexity and grind that I didn't want in my life.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    I played Dragalia for all of about 3 days when it came out before deciding it was a level of complexity and grind that I didn't want in my life.

It was a data hog and it refused to go to the SD card. This was one of the main reasons I gave up on it. It felt like too much for a phone game and to little for a console release

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Killer legendary banner, but I already spent all my orbs on beasts. Ended up with one copy of each beast, but fucking 3 of them are -atk. Gives me a goal for the future, I guess.

Speaking of which, Nailah and Leanne on this banner. Red is full of legendaries, so no Tibarn, but does that mean he'll be on next months? I need to save all my orbs in preparation! He is by far my most wanted unit, though this new Alm is likely second.

• Options
    edited April 2019

This is what I'm discovering. There is way too much shit in that game. I'm sorta kinda getting the hang of it, but it's like information overload. And it's not fun to play either - I hate touch games that use your finger to move (stuff like FEH is the exception because it's all grid based and you just kinda tap where you want to go... that totally works fine.. it's the drag to move that sucks - my fat ass fingers cover the screen and I can't even see what I'm doing). I have a feeling as soon as autobattle stops working (i.e. starts sucking and getting me killed) that'll be it for me...

Edit: Back to FEH tho, debating what colors I wanna pull on the legendary banner. I am 100% skipping blue and green, those are trash for me (green especially, I already whaled for a +10 Hector because whale... I *kinda* want Nailahs but I'm not gonna swim in a sea of worthless Fjorms and meh Ephraims...). Red is a question mark tho.... Roy I don't really need but he's got some nice fodders. Same with Ike. Marth I kinda want more merges for. But it's like, two heroes I don't really really need to get one I kinda want? I dunno. It might be better to wait for Marth to just get paired with better reds...

At least colorless is pretty solid. Leanne is great and while I'm not amazingly excited for Christmas Eirika, as far as I'm concerned healers are always good (also I forget what she comes with but I wanna say she fodders for something ok)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Some Ophelia's have still been one shotting my Caineghis in AR :( That special with 1.5x attack is just too OP. I saw an Ophelia with 68 attack! The she gets danced of course, so she ends up hitting with 110 power or so. Too much to handle

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Acheron wrote: »
    Some Ophelia's have still been one shotting my Caineghis in AR :( That special with 1.5x attack is just too OP. I saw an Ophelia with 68 attack! The she gets danced of course, so she ends up hitting with 110 power or so. Too much to handle

Yeah I've been dealing with that for awhile. I don't have a good sample size on Caineghis since I was only able to do the one battle but he did take her hit like a champ that one time (as I recall he still took a chunk of damage but it was like, 13 or something reasonably survivable). This was of course with the DD3 seal on him as well stacking all that friggin res. I believe I also slapped Chill Atk 3 on someone that time so that may have helped as well (I assume she's gonna have one of the higher attack stats other than perhaps Duma or something..)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular

This is what I'm discovering. There is way too much shit in that game. I'm sorta kinda getting the hang of it, but it's like information overload. And it's not fun to play either - I hate touch games that use your finger to move (stuff like FEH is the exception because it's all grid based and you just kinda tap where you want to go... that totally works fine.. it's the drag to move that sucks - my fat ass fingers cover the screen and I can't even see what I'm doing). I have a feeling as soon as autobattle stops working (i.e. starts sucking and getting me killed) that'll be it for me...

Edit: Back to FEH tho, debating what colors I wanna pull on the legendary banner. I am 100% skipping blue and green, those are trash for me (green especially, I already whaled for a +10 Hector because whale... I *kinda* want Nailahs but I'm not gonna swim in a sea of worthless Fjorms and meh Ephraims...). Red is a question mark tho.... Roy I don't really need but he's got some nice fodders. Same with Ike. Marth I kinda want more merges for. But it's like, two heroes I don't really really need to get one I kinda want? I dunno. It might be better to wait for Marth to just get paired with better reds...

At least colorless is pretty solid. Leanne is great and while I'm not amazingly excited for Christmas Eirika, as far as I'm concerned healers are always good (also I forget what she comes with but I wanna say she fodders for something ok)

Yeah, I really wanted to get into Dragalia but touch-based movement in action games, I just absolutely can't get with it.

I like this legendary banner. Going to prioritize Colorless and then Blue, I think. If I didn't already have an Xmas Eirika colorless would be even better - an armored healer is incredible in autobattle.

Ophelia is just uniquely powerful. Sothe is the enemy phase anchor of my AR squad, and she's literally the only ranged unit in the entire game he can't handle. It's fucked up. I've run into a team with 4 of them before. It did not end well.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Yea I've seen a bunch of special spiral ophelias blow up everything

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Also, this legendary banner is going to arrive about the same time as Golden Week starts, yeah?

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    So I should level up this Ophelia that I got when failing to get LAzura, then?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that the Dragalia/FEH collab event is a MASSIVELY missed opportunity to put dragon form Fae into dragalia. It would be SO CUTE.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    A lot of stuff is happening. And I got yet another Brave Ike! Also, Mordecai is demoted. Was hoping it'd be Lethe. HEAVEN FORBID WE GET HONE BEASTS ON A 4-STAR!

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Yeah this golden week is pretty nuts. Two Hero Fest banners with tons of free summon tickets is pretty great!

Also, had a lot of luck on the Legendary banner thank God. Managed to pull three Alms, one +ATK. Pulled a tooooooooon of Leannes (Alm was very stubborn at first), a couple Eirikas and a couple of each red hero. Plus one random Fjorm while finishing off a high pity rate circle.

Compared to Dragalia where I barely pull 5*s at all :/ I did have a little more luck with some of the extra free pulls I was able to earn though (I grinded the shit out of the quests and some even gave tenfold summon tickets). Managed to get a Fjorm which was great, as well as a second Marth (grrr but at least it let me promote a 4*..). I might still be able to get Veronica yet... Also unlocked Alfonse so 3/4, much better than yesterday.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I haven't gotten a 5 star on a free summon since the last time they did those "daily banner" events. Got nearly all garbage from the tickets this time, except... A Mordecai!! He is only +HP, which isn't great, but better than +res and erased my first one's attack bane. Gave him Aether + steady breath from a Bike, and then tossed in a panic ploy from one of the spare Lukes lying around. He's a monster.

Alm is very nearly untankable in his map. I had to hit him in the face with Ike and then apply Reinhardt.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Definitely gonna drop some orbs on that banner. I want Alm and I wouldn't mind a few more copies of Ike.

Success! Spent about 80 orbs and got Alm (+HP - Def) and another copy of Ike. Not sure yet if I'm gonna do a couple more rolls on this banner or save my orbs.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Pulled -ATK Alm on the free pull. And by Alm, I mean regular Alm, on the CYL1 banner. Then pulled CYL Celica in the first ring of the CYL2 banner, also -ATK, which is fine because I won't feel bad about sacrificing her on the altar of Reinhardt.

Then threw 40 orbs at the legendary banner and got two +ATK Alms on the same circle, so there's balance in the universe and I can save the rest of my orbs.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Somehow still ranked 1200 in aether raids this week. Probably means I will choke the last couple days and fall into silver throne range, but... Here's hoping. Been lucky getting defense wins so far. Yune and bonus unit +atk Hrid have been wrecking people.

What do y'all think of the new game mode? It's nice that it's unlimited, but I am not sure how I feel about it yet. Not having any pair up heroes seems to keep you out of the competitive score ranges, that's for sure.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    What do y'all think of the new game mode? It's nice that it's unlimited, but I am not sure how I feel about it yet. Not having any pair up heroes seems to keep you out of the competitive score ranges, that's for sure.

It's ok, nothing super special. I do like that it's 100% no pressure though. Just, try to get the best score you can, you can try as much as you want. It could be explained a bit better though, I didn't fully understand it until I read a reddit post on it (TL:DR, bring another pair up unit and try to cover all four colors. Get all kills on pair-up units with triangle advantage or colorless on colorless for max score. All the other shit seems to be largely meaningless bonus points... Just have three friends who can score over 800 and play every week).

Anyways, did a couple more pulls on the Legendary banner and got another Alm, this one +SPD. I decided I think that's ultimately better than +ATK (his bonus from speed is true damage so that's pretty amazing) so merged into him and releveled. I saw Phoenixmaster1 suggest giving him special spiral so decided to try it. Oh man, so much fun. He just ALWAYS has Lunar Flare up. It's so good..

Edit: Oh, and managed to beat Alm Abyssal map all on my own. Kinda proud of myself. Celica + 3 dancers, get rekt all the enemies.

For reference, my Celica:
    ohziitggd4e0.png

Merges aside, a very easy build to pull off (maybe not the Res Smoke but that is whatever... I had so many extra Grimas lying around from her being on every damn banner...). Just let her get hit once and she becomes a murder machine (like +19 attack with all the brazens going)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Well I've pulled yet another Brave Lyn, which would make my current Lyn a +4. At this point I'm wondering if I should try and +10 her just for the heck of it.

• Options
    I got Brave Ike on one my free ticket pulls, so I am happy about that.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Got me some back to back 5*s with free tickets. Caineghis and a Brave Ephraim. Too bad both of my Ephraims are +Spd, bleh.

The spare DD4, though. I believe it is time to try out a new Sothe build.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I got a 5* Katerina off a ticket...at least that's a unit I hadn't gotten before.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    So I did this thing.

exrs1urlmjib.png

I've had him with the Fort / Mystic Boost / Distant Defense seal build for a while, and he's really good as an anchor to my Aether offense squad. In fact, he's better at that role than my fully built and supported Myrrh, which was a shock. This build should make it so danced Veronicas are no longer a problem, and hopefully will allow him to zero out all but the true damage from Ophelias.

• Options
    Just realized there is another set of ticket quests for the hero fest banners. All 5 tickets and... A bunch of trash! So far, with Boosted rate banners and enough tickets to equal 80 orbs or so, not a single 5 star. Thanks for reminding me of the super low value of orbs, game!

• Options
    Well I've +10'd my Black Knight! And now I have 4 +10s overall.