As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Somebody cracked 3rd person play, it's all over the place now in the browser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee0FPzeRXwk&t=330s

Works pretty good, some implementations are better than others when it comes to hitscan crosshair accuracy which isn't 100%. Great for the rest of the cast.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    The other game mode I've played that actually seems like a good idea Blizzard should use is Infection, where you convert your enemy to your character by killing them and the game ends when everyone is playing the same character. It's really fun, I recommend giving it a try.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    this felt pretty dirty

https://youtu.be/q6hDPNA1gIM

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I did something similar against a pretty solid Tracer the other night but I was playing Zarya. Point blank, 180 flick right click for the kill. I felt bad for them.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

So when does this go live?
    I would assume with the Anniversary patch

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah the workshop is a lot of moving parts, so ~a month of PTR sounds about right.

• Options
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    That is an insult to Tracer and Junkrat.

And maybe the Shimada brothers, because Japan knows how to beer.

EDIT - I forgot Rein.

Who drinks that shit...

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Also Bud Light’s history of terrible bro-tastic advertising

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Eh for every bad beer company from country X there's plenty of good ones.

Personally i'd prefer it not be partnered with any alcohol company but I'd rather it be bud than sam adams, that guy seems like a real twit from his commercials.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    sometimes it feels rl gued

https://youtu.be/kbqJ2mkWQ1U

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    As a guy who really likes his beer, I'm creeped out more by the fact that a beer is sponsoring a video game that kids play more than I am upset that its a beer I don't like. But I guess this is pretty typical for football baseball etc., and Overwatch League certainly isn't Mario, so I am probably just overreacting.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    As a guy who really likes his beer, I'm creeped out more by the fact that a beer is sponsoring a video game that kids play more than I am upset that its a beer I don't like. But I guess this is pretty typical for football baseball etc., and Overwatch League certainly isn't Mario, so I am probably just overreacting.

I would say you probably are not, actually. This right here was one of the reasons why I am concerned about e-sports.

• Options
    Junkrat will definitely drink literally anything you put in front of him.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yeah like, a significant portion of the viewers and players aren't old enough to drink. I realize they gotta get that money, but this is a weird one for sure.

• Options
    There is no beverage I'm comfortable sponsoring e-sports. Beer, sugary sports drinks, energy drinks... Gamers don't need (more) of that garbage.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    There is no beverage I'm comfortable sponsoring e-sports. Beer, sugary sports drinks, energy drinks... Gamers don't need (more) of that garbage.

Tap Water: It's The Choice Of A Disenfranchised Generation!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »

Still water is for chumps and plebes. Sparkling water is the water of champions!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    It all seems stupid and try hard, but then again I find those Toyota commercials they do where people tailgate before an Overwatch league game as cringey as sucking 20 lemons or listening to Uber commentating.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It all seems stupid and try hard, but then again I find those Toyota commercials they do where people tailgate before an Overwatch league game as cringey as sucking 20 lemons or listening to Uber commentating.

Good opinion, good opinion, weird comparison, bad opinion

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    as cringey as being a Soldier 76 main and listening to Uber AND Gus Johnson commentating, there we go, fixed even betterer.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Also Bud Light’s history of terrible bro-tastic advertising

No, it'll be great. Have Tracer and Widowmaker do the ol' 'Great taste! Less filling!' bit but instead of a slap-fight, they shoot at each other.

• Options
    Someone talking shit about Uber?

Fight me!

• Options

Don't become addicted to it, or it will take hold of you and you will resent it's absence.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Not everyone likes the rise of ride sharing companies. What with their effect on traffic and increase in people driving unpredictably.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Uber and Mr X are great, but I don't even listen to the casting these days. I always have Avast's stream on in the background, instead.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular

Don't become addicted to it, or it will take hold of you and you will resent it's absence.

5bv163ut30fq.gif

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Uber and Mr X are great, but I don't even listen to the casting these days. I always have Avast's stream on in the background, instead.

I would do that but he usually (always?) tends to have ZP on with him, and ZP's a solid dude but I just can't seem to handle more than a few minutes of him.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    lucio/hammond obstacle courses here we coooome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwWNDUFehcY

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Zek wrote: »
    Somebody cracked 3rd person play, it's all over the place now in the browser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee0FPzeRXwk&t=330s

Works pretty good, some implementations are better than others when it comes to hitscan crosshair accuracy which isn't 100%. Great for the rest of the cast.

I am weirdly excited about this

soylenth on
  • Options
    For some reason I wrote this about the Bud Light sponsorship

OFFENDED

Ana: fortifies her tea with rum
    Ashe: really into microbreweries
    Reinhardt, Brigitte, and Torbjorn: drink heavily and definitely hate American beer
    Doomfist: drinks expensive scotch and whiskey
    Hanzo and Genji: drink sake
    McCree: drinks cheap whiskey
    Mercy: alcohol is a public health risk and the healing staff doesn't work on liver damage
    Moira: drinks Irish coffee and wine
    Reaper: mad you're reminding him that he can't drink or eat or have bones anymore
    Sombra: doesn't drink Bud Light but more importantly hates all corporate sponsorships
    Symmetra: what's the point of recreational drugs when you can read quietly?
    Tracer: only drinks gin for some reason
    Widowmaker: drinks expensive wine
    Winston and Wrecking Ball: allergic to alcohol
    Zarya: don't even suggest she might drink anything but Russian vodka

NEUTRAL

DVa: only drinks soda so she doesn't care
    Mei: doesn't regularly drink but when she does drink she always gets blackout drunk
    Junkrat and Roadhog: will drink literally anything you put in front of them
    Pharah: as a soldier will never say no to alcohol

SUPPORTIVE

Lucio: drinks a lot of beer and would never touch Bud Light but loves selling out for sponsorships
    Soldier 76: Only drinks Bud Light so he is super hyped

OMNICS

don't get to have an opinion, sorry

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Consider that Tracer was a test pilot before gaining super powers. I'm not sure how that might inform her drinking habits, but it seems like it might be pertinent?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Pilots drink, just not when they need to be in the air

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Tracer does shots and then goes back in time to do the same shot again

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    For some reason I wrote this about the Bud Light sponsorship

OFFENDED

Ana: fortifies her tea with rum
    Ashe: really into microbreweries
    Reinhardt, Brigitte, and Torbjorn: drink heavily and definitely hate American beer
    Doomfist: drinks expensive scotch and whiskey
    Hanzo and Genji: drink sake
    McCree: drinks cheap whiskey
    Mercy: alcohol is a public health risk and the healing staff doesn't work on liver damage
    Moira: drinks Irish coffee and wine
    Reaper: mad you're reminding him that he can't drink or eat or have bones anymore
    Sombra: doesn't drink Bud Light but more importantly hates all corporate sponsorships
    Symmetra: what's the point of recreational drugs when you can read quietly?
    Tracer: only drinks gin for some reason
    Widowmaker: drinks expensive wine
    Winston and Wrecking Ball: allergic to alcohol
    Zarya: don't even suggest she might drink anything but Russian vodka

NEUTRAL

DVa: only drinks soda so she doesn't care
    Mei: doesn't regularly drink but when she does drink she always gets blackout drunk
    Junkrat and Roadhog: will drink literally anything you put in front of them
    Pharah: as a soldier will never say no to alcohol

SUPPORTIVE

Lucio: drinks a lot of beer and would never touch Bud Light but loves selling out for sponsorships
    Soldier 76: Only drinks Bud Light so he is super hyped

OMNICS

don't get to have an opinion, sorry

Mostly agree, but

Tracer would be neutral, because while she would never order it she'll drink a pint of whatever you put in front of her
    Swap Ashe and McCree, because Ashe is actually a cowboy while McCree is a cosplayer who hates the taste of any hard alcohol

• Options
    edited April 2019
    in fairness to roadhog he will vape anything but as far as we know the only thing he drinks is tea, with great delicacy

8ee30aetbmhr.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular

Milk.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    McCree may be a fake cowboy but he's also poor, he wants to get drunk as quickly and cheaply as possible. While you should take Tracer's military service into account she seems like someone who would have a deliberate affectation

This discussion has been closed.