As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] 3.7 "Legion" league launches June 7th

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Anyone happen to have a Ruined Chamber delve room I can tap for the recipe?

akirasig.jpg
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I've got an unopened depth 143 Ruined Chamber and an unopened depth 304 Primeval Ruins.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    I think the recipe is still there even if you've done it, at least some earlier ones were when I gave my brother a teleport to them after. But I might hit you up later this weekend if I remember.

akirasig.jpg
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Why is it so hard to find a 6l Sadist Garb with a good ilevel? I don't even need it to have any mods. But everything starts at 1 ex, even for ilvl 75 ones.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Because this is the League of the Trickster, ofc

Im currently using a 5l, grabbing a 5l i83 that I can craft for much better defensive stats for like 10 is probably still going to be fairly useful, right?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    6th link is only for dps really

if you can clear the content comfortably with your current dps setup, a 5link with good defensive stats is 100% more useful

if youre struggling with boss killing or clearing, 6th link is usually the single biggest dps boost

J3qcnBP.png
    edited April 2019
    I don't know how to screenshot just the items, but I got a almost max roll T1 +evasion, T1 +ES, I think a T1+T4 %Ev/Es, with an open slot for craft %ES/EV. For A little over 58c

30% Quality
    1953 EV
    422 ES

Brody on

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    So I just finished up Act V and now back to the Twilight Strand with the -30% to my resists and the strand is kicking my ass. Any suggestions? I went and did some memory maps to try and get some upgrades but nothing was an actual upgrade for me. my resists are 35/7/28/-10 at this point. Also, when do I find a use for these gems that go in passive tree? Also Also, I fucked myself by accidentaly putting my ascendent points in the wrong spots as they were different on the tree than the PS4 tree. So not knowing it cost 5 per refund I could only refund 1. Anyway to get more refunds easily so I can put my points where their supposed to be?

50433.png?1708759015
    edited April 2019
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    So I just finished up Act V and now back to the Twilight Strand with the -30% to my resists and the strand is kicking my ass. Any suggestions? I went and did some memory maps to try and get some upgrades but nothing was an actual upgrade for me. my resists are 35/7/28/-10 at this point. Also, when do I find a use for these gems that go in passive tree? Also Also, I fucked myself by accidentaly putting my ascendent points in the wrong spots as they were different on the tree than the PS4 tree. So not knowing it cost 5 per refund I could only refund 1. Anyway to get more refunds easily so I can put my points where their supposed to be?

What's your character name?

Edit: With refunding points, there is a currency called orb of regret, if we end up on at the same time, I have a dozen you can use.

Resists, you gotta work on building those up quick. Every item you have equiped should be rare, and aim to have at least a little bit of resists on everything. The max is 75%, and your going to have another -30% by the time you finish the game. Aim to always have the max, because the way scaling on resists works makes a huge difference.

Brody on

edited April 2019
    Shminion

Was trying to figure out how to Link his stuff

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    edited April 2019
    Thank you so much for your help and the gear, especially the Orbs of Regret!

My build uses the Radiant Crusade and I feel not having that buffs was hurting me.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    woooo!

i wasnt expecting to hit 36/40 but i got to around 33 by myself and decided that the wings looked cool enough

some screenshots since the last update!
    more big $ high ilvl shaped items. i think the elder ping pong on my t16s has been by far my biggest money marker!

SKzbDwY.png

big t15/16 sustain and ex drops!

b3RebcP.png
    WPZkrl5.png
    JObw00d.png
    rPFHsdx.png
    oyx3s6a.png

did the yolo vaal on the empowers ive been leveling and hit it!
    dQu7erH.png

17% quality enlighten! never seen one drop so high, it made the exalt sound!

L6FWblg.png

i played ssf serker in preparation for the may league... and dropped 2 ex doing it...

71ZIfsM.png

and then i got the wings!!! (had to buy the cadiro offers....

PVZA68f.png

theyre pretty cool tbh

now to prepare for the may event... cuz i really really really want a demi

probably will do SSF serker!

J3qcnBP.png
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2496427
    We're happy to announce that we will be running a competitive Flashback Event from 9am Saturday May 11th (NZT) until 10am Tuesday June 4th (NZT). It will run in parallel with the Synthesis Challenge League which will also be enabled on the event so that you can continue your challenge progression. The event will include rotating mods from 11 popular past Path of Exile leagues. There are microtransactions, Mystery Boxes, Demigod's Immortalities and bragging rights up for grabs!

Event Details
    The Flashback Event will have three random mods from popular past leagues activated at once. The collection of mods will persist in that area for one hour and the collection of mods will vary from area to area. After an hour has passed the mods will randomise for each area again. Each area will also always have the Synthesis League enabled which means that you can continue to finish your challenges while you compete in the Flashback Event.

The possible league mods that you could see in an instance alongside Synthesis are Anarchy, Invasion, Breach, Ambush, Torment, Perandus, Beyond, Nemesis, Bloodlines, Abyss and Harbinger. Delve, Incursion and Betrayal will still be present in their normal amounts.

As an example, the Dried Lake could have Synthesis, Breach, Beyond and Harbinger active for one hour and will then randomise to another assortment like Synthesis, Ambush, Perandus, Invasion and then again to Synthesis, Ambush, Beyond, Torment and so on.

You will be able to get the following quantities of these mods in any area where they are present.

2 x additional Rogue Exiles
    2 x additional Invasion Bosses
    1 x additional Breach
    2 x additional Strongboxes
    3 x Tormented Spirits
    2 x additional Perandus Chests and a 33% chance to spawn Cadiro
    Beyond
    3 x additional Rare Monster Packs with Nemesis Mods
    3 x additional Magic Monster Packs with Bloodlines
    1 additional Abyss
    2 x additional Harbingers

Please note that Perandus and Abyss will not be able to spawn in Memory Void areas. The Azurite Mine will also not generate any Flashback modifiers.

This event is not voided which means your items and characters will be migrated to their parent leagues at the end of the event.

edited April 2019
    Found another Cortex tonight:

KI58t3W.jpg?1

Sold all my portals to a 40 challenge RF Guardian kill service dude for 2 ex. He got it down but it took him 3 deaths, inc aoe slams just too stronk.

E: Found another with just added fire and -max, figured I should do it for practice since it looked easy. Died twice.

Yilias on
    i like how i spent around 15 ex getting the cadiro challenge done

and now its going to literally be free to do

cest la vie

J3qcnBP.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Finally got my PS4 Juggernaut to level 80! I can finally equip my Witchfire ring, and now have my milllion DPS ignites handy.

edit: why the fuck are low-roll belly of the beasts like 2ex on ps4

Carnarvon on
    console PoE is SSF with the chance to spend EX on a decent unique instead of multimodding

J3qcnBP.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    So how much faster will the flashback league be in terms of challenges? I'm at 27, about to kill Shaper, haven't seen a cortex, and using a solid life based Vortex/Cold snap build. If my only goal is to hit 36 challenges, should I go 100% into flashback? or just dip in to get the free lootbox and Cardio?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Ahh the we know we messed up so here is a flashback to help you with some of the more expensive of challenges.

edited April 2019
    You've got to roll up new characters and farm new gear in Flashback so it's not so much "faster" as it is "eventually easier" to get shit like Cadiro 5k

Theoretically you'll make money faster in Flashback because you'll consistently be killing more mobs
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Ahh the we know we messed up so here is a flashback to help you with some of the more expensive of challenges.

More like the "ahh shit our player numbers dropped twice as fast this league relative to last league, better run a temporary event to recapture them"

Rius on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Flashback not stronk enough to bring me back yet. Might join for the melee rework or just hold off until 4.0 which seems like the better option.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    PoE fo lyfe

J3qcnBP.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Heh, I'm busy trying to play a game that I'm not allowed to talk about on the forums and it's been a blast.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    i want a demi!

J3qcnBP.png
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Heh, I'm busy trying to play a game that I'm not allowed to talk about on the forums and it's been a blast.

whatface

Maybe I'll try a Bane/Soulrend trickster for the flashback, but leveling is my least favorite part of this game, and I don't know that I really want to go back through it all over again so soon.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Maybe I'll try a Bane/Soulrend trickster for the flashback, but leveling is my least favorite part of this game, and I don't know that I really want to go back through it all over again so soon.

I really wish there was a way to jump to level 70 with all the story shit done in like an hour, diablo style

2x39jD4.jpg
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    console PoE is SSF with the chance to spend EX on a decent unique instead of multimodding

Speaking of multimodding I've played a ton of HCSSF on Xbox (so many deaths 94, 91, 88, ...) and I've only found 4 exalts and I blew 2 on the wrong weapon. I've got a sweet Opal Scepter for my Worb Trickster just waiting for a couple of exalts. I'll probably bail and play the flashback league where I expect this won't be an issue.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    i have found like 25+ raw EX this league

rng is real dumb

J3qcnBP.png
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I am bad at this game and am probably doing a terrible job of building my character, but man am really enjoying it on PS4. Being able to sit on the couch listening to podcasts molten striking baddies over and over is soothing to the soul.

edit: I might as well ask a question while I'm here. I'm level 40 on my molten striking templar. I've basically picked up a bunch of +fire/ignite/burning/elemental damage passives around the tree, but it's pretty ad hoc. Pretty much all of my skills and supports are +fire/elemental or -fire resist. Is this sort of thing doomed for failure? I'm wondering if I'll eventually start running across mobs with lots of fire resist and suddenly I'll have zero damage.

exis on
    There's no monsters that are immune to any particular type of damage, so you're fine there. Most folks, when using a fire skill, focus on either hits/crits or ignites; there aren't many builds that are effective at scaling both as just scaling one of them.

The Big Brain strat for Molten Strike is to head to the bottom of the tree and pick up Iron Grip and Point Blank and just scale the projectiles up, then pile on attack speed and +projectiles. But this isn't really required from a DPS standpoint until you're endgame bossing.

exis wrote: »
    I am bad at this game and am probably doing a terrible job of building my character, but man am really enjoying it on PS4. Being able to sit on the couch listening to podcasts molten striking baddies over and over is soothing to the soul.

edit: I might as well ask a question while I'm here. I'm level 40 on my molten striking templar. I've basically picked up a bunch of +fire/ignite/burning/elemental damage passives around the tree, but it's pretty ad hoc. Pretty much all of my skills and supports are +fire/elemental or -fire resist. Is this sort of thing doomed for failure? I'm wondering if I'll eventually start running across mobs with lots of fire resist and suddenly I'll have zero damage.

My current build is pretty much entirely lightning damage. I've got fire and ice splashed in there for a silly thought that I may work on converting to chaos at some point, but I can kill just about anything. The only thing that slows it down at all is "Resists lightning/all elements", and even then I just give it a couple more bolts and its down.

• exisexis Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    There's no monsters that are immune to any particular type of damage, so you're fine there. Most folks, when using a fire skill, focus on either hits/crits or ignites; there aren't many builds that are effective at scaling both as just scaling one of them.

The Big Brain strat for Molten Strike is to head to the bottom of the tree and pick up Iron Grip and Point Blank and just scale the projectiles up, then pile on attack speed and +projectiles. But this isn't really required from a DPS standpoint until you're endgame bossing.

Hm, I have totally ignored projectile damage so that may hurt me. I am currently collecting +fire nodes at the top of the tree, maybe after this I will head south. I guess I could always replace molten strike with some other fire-based attack if I wanted. I'm also using flame dash which is currently surprisingly effective at killing things with all of the extra fire/ignite/burning I have going on.

I wouldn't go out of your way to get projectile damage or anything, it's just a late game concept for Molten Strike that starts to scale really, really well once you've got 7+ projectiles per swing

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    You get more dmg early from Iron Grip and Point Blank. Then scale more off of things like your weapon(s) equipped or attack speed or the like. Running Haste instead of Anger is one of my favorite leveling/early mapping things to do.

Jubal77 on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    exis wrote: »

The normal pitfall new players fall in to is getting to 70 and then finding out they didn't put any points into life. Then you can't level up because you're dying too much. Life is important!

Oof, 39 challenges done.

I started just filling my inventory with low tier nice layout maps, alching everything, and then doing only the boss, the memory, and w/e master spawned. When a memory boss spawned I speed ran to it, killed it, and went right back. So map quant is done, Einhar is done, Perandus is done (entirely via Janus safehouses not that that's a big deal soon). I need 30 more memory bosses, 400 more lab chests, and maaaaaaybe safehouses because I only need 15 more and I think I can stomach buying prophecies for that few in combination with daily Jun missions.