As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Shadowkeep Launching October 1!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Alright alright alright. New thread, bring a sword.

If anyone else is looking to solo Throne, hunter makes it much much easier right now thanks to revelry.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Catalase wrote: »
    Alright alright alright. New thread, bring a sword.

If anyone else is looking to solo Throne, hunter makes it much much easier right now thanks to revelry.

That does sound like a fun way to run the throne. With IB going on I kinda forgot about the revelry's PvE possibilities. I bet grenade spam with a commander Titan would be pretty good, too.

I still want to do flawless, but I'd rather wait until I'm short on other stuff to do.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    I tried the commander method but it’s quite hard to keep it going just due to the way the mobs are spaced out during the ogre encounter.

Went Arcstrider in the end and used combination blow and wormhusk to literally punch all the wizard groups to death. And then tether for Dul Incaru

Catalase wrote: »
    I tried the commander method but it’s quite hard to keep it going just due to the way the mobs are spaced out during the ogre encounter.

Went Arcstrider in the end and used combination blow and wormhusk to literally punch all the wizard groups to death. And then tether for Dul Incaru

Nice! Arcstrider is also how I did it on Vorgeth, although I did hide behind the sigil platform for a second and put raiden flux when it was time to damage the boss.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    New Thread, new post from a guy who quit destiny and swore he'd never play again

I played a bunch of destiny this weekend and the game is still really good!

The allegiance quest was great, and the drifter tapes were some *LORE LEVEL* storytelling actually in game
    starving to death, only to be rezzed to starve to death again is a particularly horrifying concept.

Iron banner was fun! I know grenade spam is ruining competitive pvp but it makes scrub pvp feel fresh for a weekend so that was fun. Spamming the titan pulse arc grenade gave me flashbacks to destiny 1 when lightning grenades were a thing to be feared. I got 60% of the pvp portion of my hawkmoon quest done in one very grenadey match. It sucks when you hit someone with 90% of the burst of telesto and they don't die because they're 700 though. I was like 660 and I was pretty low level in most matches.

I did tier 2 reckoning and it was fun, though stupid easy with grenadier and tonic on.

I don't know if it's just because of the better matchmaking or what but Gambit Prime is always fun.

I also did Scourge of the Past with a pick up group, and though they got into a big argument about whether it's better to stand at the feet of the final boss or in the building i think it's a really good raid. The sparrow section is excellent, and I love the overall art direction. The first area is super pretty and I love the skybox and the big ole crater.
    watching three giant tanks do donuts around a buried mech while missiles fall from the sky was hilarious and i loved it

Verdant Forest is ok, big improvement over spooky forest if you axe me.

To beat a skeletal horse, I still hate the grind of the new system. I've played about 20 hours of season of the drifter now and I still am not high enough level for Tier 3 reckoning. I guess that's not as big a deal though now that I know that it's just like hard mode tier 2. It's also crazy to log in after you haven't played for a long time and have iron banner, exotic quests, revelry and milestones all as simultaneous ways to gain levels. Feels like your guardian is a part time project manager trying to manage bottlenecks and efficiencies for OPTIMAL level up. I know some people like that stuff but i think it sucks.

oh also i got the curated raid shotgun, the curated reckoning pulse rifle, cerberus+1 and queenbreaker.

I'm sure cerberus+1 is not optimal but it's a fun gun for shooting trash mobs

TL:DR dead game is fun

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    This season was actually pretty easy with the grind. Both because they made it easier and because there was no real reason to bother.

The only thing you need high levels for is Reckoning and, like, IB I guess? But Reckoning gets boring real quick imo and the reward is just more desperate attempts at inventory management because they added fucking 180 new armour pieces to the game.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    But I want snake holograms!

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    I like the armor. I wish I had room for it. But I don't so I don't even bother grinding.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I can't believe they keep introducing more armor sets while not bothering to up inventory and/or fix collections.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    I can't believe they keep introducing more armor sets while not bothering to up inventory and/or fix collections.

I really feel like they meant to deal with collections some time after Forsaken launched and then just threw it on the backburner and forgot about it.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait wait.

So Luna's and NF are no longer gonna have the same rate of fire as Trust, ie my current favorite handcannon?

Well, guess slapping that Crucible masterwork on Trust isn't gonna be a waste after all.

(There's something about the slower firing HCs that I just don't enjoy as much.)

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    FeelsGoodMan

AMOW3uZh.png

@patrkslayzy23 got his today too, AND the ship! It's a banner night for NATBurn

EDIT: Video of the final 30 seconds:
    https://youtu.be/F5xKS6Z8lPM

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Solo’d the Throne tonight as well

Thank you Revelry for making it bearable

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Solo’d the Throne tonight as well

Thank you Revelry for making it bearable

As a Warlock, it didn't make a whole lot of difference. Only thing I really used it for was to quickly refill Heavy ammo on a failed attempt via Taken Armaments

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    AT&T is on week 2 of screwing me out of an internet connection, so I only got to play one day of Iron Banner this time. So that sucked. I really hope they get their shit together long enough for me to play week 3 of the revelry... Thankfully, I got the Truth to Power card and Arbalest before the kiddy town frolics of tech support rolled in.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I gave up on solo throne

fuck you taken ogre push beams, you're the single worst addition to an enemy in destiny 2. Nothing else is so singular fucking unfun as being launched into the goddamn ceiling for 5 seconds after you've discharged the burden, when you're not supposed to be able to do that stupid piece of shit attack anymore

ronzo on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    i tried to solo throne and maybe i could have done it if i had more time but i basically forgot this entire weekend. but it seems way harder as a warlock.

on the plus side i got Jotunn and i fully expect a nerf now that i have it (someone i know said one is already planned?). it's a bit too good, especially in pvp.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Did Bungie ever mention wanting to fix their shit HDR? Having to toggle it off on the xbox itself only for this game everytime gets old real fast. (all dark places get kinda pitch black with their HDR, I have tried everything with their brightness scaler too)

Graphicswise I cant see much of an improvement either, where its instantly recognizable in Division 2 for example.

Sirialis on
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Did Bungie ever mention wanting to fix their shit HDR? Having to toggle it off on the xbox itself only for this game everytime gets old real fast. (all dark places get kinda pitch black with their HDR, I have tried everything with their brightness scaler too)

Graphicswise I cant see much of an improvement either, where its instantly recognizable in Division 2 for example.

I have the same problem. It's a massive pain when doing lost sectors, as I can often get lost in cave tunnels leading down.

I'll turn hdr off when I get home, see what difference it makes.

I'm sure if toggling HDR gave you a masterwork core they'd fix it immediately.

• YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    i tried to solo throne and maybe i could have done it if i had more time but i basically forgot this entire weekend. but it seems way harder as a warlock.

on the plus side i got Jotunn and i fully expect a nerf now that i have it (someone i know said one is already planned?). it's a bit too good, especially in pvp.

Nerf for Jotunn? It's not that bad in pvp, I can barely use it properly, and generally you can avoid it if you sidestep. It's a beast in pve though, so I hope they don't mess with it.

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
    Avoiding it would require me to see it coming early enough to not get one shot. This is rarely the case.

Maybe it's just confirmation bias but it's definitely one of the most annoying weapons I've faced in pvp, even if it's not actually more effective than some other weapons. I think my choice of energy weapons just seems not great. I'm awful with shotguns and the energy grenade launchers.

I think I am just bad in general. What energy weapons do other people like to use?

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Jotunn is best as an ambush weapon: its really easy to dodge if you're looking at who's shooting it and if you catch them offguard while it's out basically any other weapon can kill them (especially shotguns and normal fusions that charge in half the time) before they can manage to pull off a shot.

I also finished my throne solo up to the ogre last night, where I finished the steps for the exotic bow and also got the ship from the ogre. For the record that was my second kill of that boss ever.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Jotunn is great in PvP against people who are standing still. Solution: don't be standing still.

I mean, I don't. And I feel like that's being pretty reductive of my personal experiences, but nevermind.

edited April 2019
    It was an extremely reductive point, intended as a joke!

But since we're not laughing, apologies, didn't mean to minimize anyone's personal experience, but in my personal experience Jotunn isn't good for me.

Peen on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Jotunn is definitely frustrating to die to due to its tracking and range, which result in the occasional spontaneous combustion, but it's not really strong enough in PvP to warrant adjustments based on its performance in that environment.

It maybe trivializes the various blockers in Gambit, but I'm not sure that's a datapoint Bungie cares about.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    New Thread, new post from a guy who quit destiny and swore he'd never play again

I played a bunch of destiny this weekend and the game is still really good!

The allegiance quest was great, and the drifter tapes were some *LORE LEVEL* storytelling actually in game
    starving to death, only to be rezzed to starve to death again is a particularly horrifying concept.

Iron banner was fun! I know grenade spam is ruining competitive pvp but it makes scrub pvp feel fresh for a weekend so that was fun. Spamming the titan pulse arc grenade gave me flashbacks to destiny 1 when lightning grenades were a thing to be feared. I got 60% of the pvp portion of my hawkmoon quest done in one very grenadey match. It sucks when you hit someone with 90% of the burst of telesto and they don't die because they're 700 though. I was like 660 and I was pretty low level in most matches.

I did tier 2 reckoning and it was fun, though stupid easy with grenadier and tonic on.

I don't know if it's just because of the better matchmaking or what but Gambit Prime is always fun.

I also did Scourge of the Past with a pick up group, and though they got into a big argument about whether it's better to stand at the feet of the final boss or in the building i think it's a really good raid. The sparrow section is excellent, and I love the overall art direction. The first area is super pretty and I love the skybox and the big ole crater.
    watching three giant tanks do donuts around a buried mech while missiles fall from the sky was hilarious and i loved it

Verdant Forest is ok, big improvement over spooky forest if you axe me.

To beat a skeletal horse, I still hate the grind of the new system. I've played about 20 hours of season of the drifter now and I still am not high enough level for Tier 3 reckoning. I guess that's not as big a deal though now that I know that it's just like hard mode tier 2. It's also crazy to log in after you haven't played for a long time and have iron banner, exotic quests, revelry and milestones all as simultaneous ways to gain levels. Feels like your guardian is a part time project manager trying to manage bottlenecks and efficiencies for OPTIMAL level up. I know some people like that stuff but i think it sucks.

oh also i got the curated raid shotgun, the curated reckoning pulse rifle, cerberus+1 and queenbreaker.

I'm sure cerberus+1 is not optimal but it's a fun gun for shooting trash mobs

TL:DR dead game is fun

Dammit, dodgeblan, you're making me want to come back... I still don't have a Cerberus +1.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I got Cerberus +1 this weekend. Dang it's a wild ride.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    I don't even know you, Mostlyjoe13, and you're helping Dodge in his wicked Australian crusade! It's not fair! I got a divorce! I got another cat! I have a girlfriend! I finally finished the Destiny 2 puzzle I got for Christmas! You can't pull me back in!

*reinstalls Destiny 2*

I’m trying to decide on a number between 20 and 100 to put on an emblem, excluding 69 and 42. Any suggestions?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m trying to decide on a number between 20 and 100 to put on an emblem, excluding 69 and 42. Any suggestions?

77?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

edited May 2019
    I’m trying to decide on a number between3 20 and 100 to put on an emblem, excluding 69 and 42. Any suggestions?

27. 31. 35.

CptHamilton on
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Destiny 2 question on Jeopardy last night.

This 2 letter planet can be explored in Destiny 2. (With a picture)

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    edited May 2019
    If you were told the moon had a two letter name, it would already be pretty obvious without mentioning Destiny 2.

Sirialis on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Destiny 2 question on Jeopardy last night.

This 2 letter planet can be explored in Destiny 2. (With a picture)

Moon, not planet, to be accurate.

Young Ahamkara Spine tripmines and the revelry tonic is an awful lot of fun, lemme tell you what.

edited May 2019
    Voidwalker with Axion Bolts (+tonic) and SoDA just wrecks Verdant Forest.

dojpk8thwdcv.jpeg

We kept gaining time and just continued for the hell of it, messaged the random that we were stopping at 100 and he was like “Yeah, I was thinking the same thing”.

Too bad there isnt any real rewards for getting high up... We did have like 9 minutes to kill the bosses in though.

Sirialis on
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    For PvE, I'm really thinking of swapping to Axion Bolts full time on my warlock.

Ever since they upped the damage way back, it seems like I'm getting as much damage from them as from Vortex grenades. Mainly considering how likely it is that things dodge out of them.