As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] how do I apply to join Team Yell

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Slim Chickens is the superior chicken tenders restaurant.

Yaknow, one of those popped up in town a few months ago in a very awkward location, and I've never actually been. I don't see much traffic there either.

How would you place it compared to Popeyes?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Slim Chickens is the superior chicken tenders restaurant.

Yaknow, one of those popped up in town a few months ago in a very awkward location, and I've never actually been. I don't see much traffic there either.

How would you place it compared to Popeyes?

Popeyes is a fried chicken restaurant not a chicken tenders restaurant.

You go in with different expectations.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    We have Slim's, Caine's and Zaxby's

Slims is the most expensive one but absolutely the best

Zaxbys is the middle tier

Caine's is good if you like their sauce and terrible if you don't because it is dry as shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Slim Chickens, in addition to having good food, has a name that makes me smile every time I see it

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I'm desperately hoping one of those Guy Fieri chicken tenders restaurants opens within driving distance of me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the best fried chicken I've ever had is from a local chain called Ezell's

it is so good that Oprah has been known to have it shipped to her in Chicago

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm so sorry for everyone who doesn't have Popeye's

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Popeyes has my favorite fast food onion rings I think

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I really liked this bit on the Shutdown Fullcast a while back about how Popeye's gives you stuff you need, even if you don't know it or ordered something else

Maybe it's a different side item; maybe an extra biscuit; maybe a quart of motor oil because they knew you were low

Just trust it

Grey Ghost on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Do people think Katana Zero is worth purchasing? I don't think I'm gonna grab it just yet but it looks interesting enough.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I'm desperately hoping one of those Guy Fieri chicken tenders restaurants opens within driving distance of me.

Thank you for informing me of this
    Chicken Guy is an incredible name

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Raisin' Cain's is maybe the best fast fried chicken around here, but I haven't yet tried Zaxby's that has moved into the area.

Can't believe you betrayed Layne's like this

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    federal donuts: https://www.federaldonuts.com

is my absolute favorite chicken chain, but ezzell's is a very close second

but the best fried chicken i had in my life was at the loveless cafe in nashville, the afternoon after one of my more regrettable benders

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I categorically refuse to believe this, he's saying So Long Gay Bowser and that's that

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    One of my local grocery stores fries a mean chicken. Used to have a store that would make a spicy fried chicken where they'd marinate the meat in spices before frying, but they're sadly gone now.

But I swear to God if anyone eats fried chicken and doesn't wash with GOOP hand cleaner before touching my controller, there will be words I tell you what.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I categorically refuse to believe this, he's saying So Long Gay Bowser and that's that

I just learned about this joke and Id like to state its homophobic and dumb

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Do people think Katana Zero is worth purchasing? I don't think I'm gonna grab it just yet but it looks interesting enough.

I've heard only good things, but I haven't played it myself yet.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I thought it was "So long, eh Bowser?"

Krathoon on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I thought it was "So long, eh Bowser?"

So long, eh bowser? :winky:

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Quite good.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    One of my local grocery stores fries a mean chicken. Used to have a store that would make a spicy fried chicken where they'd marinate the meat in spices before frying, but they're sadly gone now.

But I swear to God if anyone eats fried chicken and doesn't wash with GOOP hand cleaner before touching my controller, there will be words I tell you what.

I actually found someone who uses GOOP

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I have an extreme dislike of my hands feeling greasy.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky

It turns out I was thinking of something else called Gamer Goo, where you smear it on your hands then grab the controller

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

It turns out I was thinking of something else called Gamer Goo, where you smear it on your hands then grab the controller

I'm already adverse towards smearing anything called Goo onto my hands.

I especially would not smear something called Gamer Goo onto them.

Mx. Quill on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I eslecially would not smear something called Gamer Goo onto them.

What if we tell you it's made from real gamers?

yeah that's the worry

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yeah I prefer MRA juice to be under my heel, not in my hand.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    They found lead in that G Fuel.

I especially would not smear something called Gamer Goo onto them.

Not even peppermint flavor?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that's a cursed image

BahamutZERO.gif
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular

Clean is better than dirty
    And dirty’s meaner than clean

https://youtube.com/watch?v=0WPteMFkI2k

Mike Choi is a mad genius who is one of the co-creators of the Switch Flip Grip and he must be stopped

Stopped? He needs to be fuckin hired. By Nintendo

To make the Switch good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I really liked this bit on the Shutdown Fullcast a while back about how Popeye's gives you stuff you need, even if you don't know it or ordered something else

Maybe it's a different side item; maybe an extra biscuit; maybe a quart of motor oil because they knew you were low

Just trust it

The Popeyes Super Computer has never done me wrong yet, it’s true.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Is there a way to play Tetris 99 and turn off the ghost shape that shows you where the block is going to land? I have always found that so distracting in Tetris and I play way better without it.

Also how do I not get targeted by 2-5 people at the start of every round? It just keeps happening.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    ugh i finally had to break down and look up the solution to the baba is you level "Out at Sea". It is annoying but having looked at it while I totally understand it I would never, ever have reached that intentionally and it would have been extremely unlikely for me to guess it at random.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I’ve been playing God of War 1 on the Vita

Kratos so ANGRY

Edit: wtf this is the wrong thread, whatever

Moriveth on
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    no what are you talking about everybody knows about the nintendo vita

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Nintendo Vita means Nintendo Life

This discussion has been closed.