As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I really hope that's not the case, not everything needs a Primaris line. I would just really like to see new models to replace the janky early 90's they currently have.

Just pull a Chaos not a Primaris.

The new Chaos models are gorgeous. Fit in with your old army, though they look way better. And aren't some new overhaul of the entire army.

Though I am expecting Fabius Bile made primaris down the line.

Pull a Dark Eldar instead: that model line is still the best in my opinion. They've got more customization options than Primaris (and a larger ability to kit-bash) and their models are still very dynamic looking. About the only complaint I have is the lack of options for HQs, but nothing beats your 10+ different Primaris HQ sculpts.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Email from GW directing me to Warhammer Community,

New named character Iron Father which is a named character and Chaos knights are coming.

Check it out, yo!

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Also new transport for mechanicus. I'm guessing it'll be anti-grav, judging by the several rumour engine pics we got.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    honovere wrote: »
    Also new transport for mechanicus. I'm guessing it'll be anti-grav, judging by the several rumour engine pics we got.

It'd kind of be weird for the Imperium's technology experts to not use vehicle tech that the space marines have access to.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Chaos knights are coming.

Ha.

We've had almost a year of Knights completely dominating the game, and GW finally gets around to nerfing the worst offender.

What's the obvious next step? Tease a new type of Knight.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Was there ever a conclusion from that weird Matrix "contrast" video they released, or are we still waiting on what that product will be?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Burnage wrote: »

Ha.

We've had almost a year of Knights completely dominating the game, and GW finally gets around to nerfing the worst offender.

Spikey knight.

Actually this saved me. I was considering getting a knight to chaosify.

I am thinking of running just a giant monster vehicle list. A knight, 2xlord discordants, 2xvenom crawlers, 2xmaulerfiends. Fill in the rest with the red 17, some great possessed, and cultist. If I can maybe fit in some T-Sons in a supreme command detachment?

Edit:

Also one of the club members who is from England's mom is coming to the states for a bit. And they are willing to bring a forgeworld order for us.

Leviathan with dual butcher cannon arrays? Or Contemptor with dual c-beams? Hmmmmmmm.....

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Ha.

Spikey knight.

Actually this saved me. I was considering getting a knight to chaosify.

I am thinking of running just a giant monster vehicle list. A knight, 2xlord discordants, 2xvenom crawlers, 2xmaulerfiends. Fill in the rest with the red 17, some great possessed, and cultist. If I can maybe fit in some T-Sons in a supreme command detachment?

Edit:

Also one of the club members who is from England's mom is coming to the states for a bit. And they are willing to bring a forgeworld order for us.

Leviathan with dual butcher cannon arrays? Or Contemptor with dual c-beams? Hmmmmmmm.....

Who's England's mom? Normandy?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Was there ever a conclusion from that weird Matrix "contrast" video they released, or are we still waiting on what that product will be?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiKPCLVQ6n4

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Iron Hands character!

vvwkvi7ex5w21.jpg

Was in the preview with the spikey knights.

Congrats Iron Hands! You have a character.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    That Iron Hands guy is siiiiiick

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    He has primaris armor...

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2019

About time! I was starting to think everyone at GW who doesn't write for the Black Library had forgotten they existed. That model looks pretty rad though, should be a lot of fun to kitbash with all of the arms and tools.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up just being a generic Primaris Techmarine that any chapter can take, but could also be an Iron Hands specific character with an aura ability and a higher point cost or something. Although... that's a very chapter-specific shoulderpad, so maybe not.

SmokeStacks on

About time! I was starting to think everyone at GW who doesn't write for the Black Library had forgotten they existed. That model looks pretty rad though, should be a lot of fun to kitbash with all of the arms and tools.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up just being a generic Primaris Techmarine that any chapter can take, but could also be an Iron Hands specific character with an aura ability and a higher point cost or something. Although... that's a very chapter-specific shoulderpad, so maybe not.

It's an Iron Father.
    Iron Hands players. Let’s take a moment, just for you. (If you don’t collect Iron Hands, keep reading anyway – we promise you won’t be disappointed). Nearly every time we’ve held a Warhammer Preview, one of you guys has been brave enough to stand before the raging tides of hype and say: “Sure, this is cool, but what about an Iron Hands named character?”

This is the kind of dogged persistence that’d make Ferrus Manus himself proud – and we’re happy to announce that your valiant pleas have finally been met with an answer.

We think it’s safe to say the wait was worth it! This named Iron Father will be hitting shelves (and your opponents) later this year…

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I know what Iron Fathers are (my chapter is an Iron Hands successor), but with GW's push toward taking all of the older Space Marine HQs and making a Primaris version (Captain, Ancient, Librarian, Apothecary, Chaplain) it wouldn't surprise me if they gave him a generic Primaris Techmarine datasheet as well.

Sorta like how in AOS if you're playing a Blades of Khorne army as part of the Goretide you can use Khorgus Khul, but if you're using any other Blades of Khorne army you can use the same model as a generic Mighty Lord of Khorne.

SmokeStacks on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I like it, but I don't like this habit GW has gotten into of attaching thin things to the exhaust ports of the backpacks.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    He brings his own claw machine. Now I'm imagining him using that with the same success rate as actual claw machines.

Also his iron hand icon is sculpted, so unless he comes with an alternate shoulder pad, he not going to get rules outside of iron hands

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Make a pretty good base for a Warpsmith though

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    That shoulder pad is replaceable, right?

Children's rights are human rights.
    Watching WinterSEO it was odd, I felt they were off on the timing of the fleshmetal guns on the oblits.

But I read the rules again.

"When you choose the unit to shoot or overwatch roll..." blah blah blah.

Order goes:

Choose the unit->which sets off fleshmetal guns->choose the target.

So you should know your stats before you choose your target? This is how the rules read. But seems a bit nastier than I thought.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What are the two bits sellers on ebay that are really good?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Watching WinterSEO it was odd, I felt they were off on the timing of the fleshmetal guns on the oblits.

Order goes:

So you should know your stats before you choose your target? This is how the rules read. But seems a bit nastier than I thought.

That is how they work now; previously they selected targets before generating stats which was, on top of only being T4, a lot of why they were panned as useless.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Stragint wrote: »
    What are the two bits sellers on ebay that are really good?

Not a bits seller but one that does a lot of 40k and AoS stuff is AA Wargames I think he is a series of resellers though as I get stuff rom England and the Netherlands

The two I can think of are Hoard of Bits
    Window Box and a bunch of others it really depends on what you are looking for

Mr_Rose wrote: »

Order goes:

That is how they work now; previously they selected targets before generating stats which was, on top of only being T4, a lot of why they were panned as useless.

Ehh, they were never panned as useless since they got a set number of shots. They worked so well with buffs and endless cacophony they were good. The buffs also included basically a 77% point increase (50 points a model). And I am not sure they are worth that much. The toughness, a +1 strength ccw, and changing to 6 shots a model doesn't seem worth it.

But still overall they are a good unit. I can take 2, have the same shots, fewer wounds but a smaller profile.

Still I like this change. It makes them feel more intelligent. Not just shooting a bad roll (heavy bolters or something forming) at a knight.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    He has primaris armor...

But he's also tooled up with all the right gear.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    edited May 2019
    Kill Team Elites content preview from WarCom:
    KTElitesUnitList-May6-Contents5ujce-719x1024.jpg

Could be fun or utter madness with some of the new units.
    Slightly dissapointed about the lack of Kataphrons.
    I wonder what the point limit will be. How much are 4 custodes, 5 Wraithguard, or 5 Nurgle Termiantors at the moment in 40k? 200-250 points?

honovere on
    No noise marines. Come on bros!

But I will make a possessed heavy team because I love possessed.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I hope the chapter tactics equivalents are more in line with each other in kill team than in 40k. They should be since it's all coming out at once

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Finally! I can add Wracks to my Dark Eldar Kill Team!

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting on GW to release the multi-part kits for the Space Marine stuff in Shadowspear. Specifically the Eliminators. Anyyyyyy day now.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    The battlesuits for the tau seem unfair

Brainleech wrote: »
    The battlesuits for the tau seem unfair

I bet they cost almost as much as an entire kill team. Like a watchmaster which is 125 points in KT.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Do we know if this new KT expansion allows loyalist terminators? All the promo bits seem to just mention chaos.

Edit: That’ll teach me to post when not on the final page of the thread!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Custodes get a full Shield Captain? :bigfrown:

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

And allarus. That’s gonna be something

PiptheFair wrote: »

And allarus. That’s gonna be something

Might as well finish the squad i started last year for kill team since my homebrew hit a snag for now

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Add SoB to Kill Team.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Add SoB to Kill Team.

Probably this xmas with new terrain or something

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    KT is a "no metal models allowed" club, I'm sure we'll get SoB rules when they can put a plastic sprue of Sisters in a box with some terrain.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    KT is a "no metal models allowed" club,
    *looks at his 100% metal IG & Tau killteams, and with the tyranid Elite rules coming up, that'll do for them too.*

This discussion has been closed.