As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please help!!!!!

ZER00042ZER00042 Registered User new member
For the past several years (I am 22), whenever I take a poop, my actual butt hole becomes itchy after a while. Sometimes this is minutes later, sometimes it is later in the day.

I know your first response is going to be to tell me to wipe better, but that can't be it. You see, not only do I wipe very carefully and check the paper afterwards (someone is going to link a PA comic, I know), but I also have taken to using baby wipes for that one final wipe. I even hunted down the flushable variety, at a premium price.

So you see, my butt hole should be quite clean. Instead, it feels really itchy.

It's almost as if when I take a poo, I'm not getting "all the poo out" and there is a bit up there a few inches and it creeps down to make me itchy later. I even sit there a few extra minutes to make sure everything has come out, but it still happens.

So, H/A, it looks like I just made a thread asking how I should be wiping my butt. Or, maybe something else entirely is going on here? Could this be really bad? Is something wrong with me?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Do you have worms?

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Have you talked to a doctor?

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Not a doctor, visit a doctor.

However I can make a guess.

It sounds like the skin is damaged.
    And by wiping so much you are making it worse.

A visit to a doctor will get you 2 things probably:
    Deworming pills (these have almost 0 risk since they never actually enter your body, so they get prescribed quickly, you take 1 pull now and 1 after 2 weeks). Some of these worms are very tiny, others are visible.

And some sort of hormone cream which allows the skin to recover.
    Those creams are miracles for these kind of problems, but they are limited time use because they can thin the skin. Use them as prescribed.

My guess is that the reason you only notice it after the bathroom is because during defecating your body floods you with endorphins to block out discomfort.

Long term:
    Eating fibre really does help. It makes going to the bathroom easier. You can kickstart this by getting fibrous solutions, but really, eat enough vegetables long term should prevent this from happening.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I think you may be irritating your anus with all the wiping.

I have had a similar problem where due to irritation there was bleeding. And it may be poop but there is also sweat, and rubbing if you walk a lot.

Obviously you want to keep the area clean but don't overdo it. If youre at home you might want to buy softer paper. And while wet wipes have helped people I feel it made the area irritable for me, especially if there's a wound already.

Be gentle, try not to obsess. Cleanliness is important but overcleaning could be doing damage as well.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Also may be hemorrhoids.

For itching witch hazel works good to alleviate symptoms (use a q-tip), but go to a doctor, it’s uncomfortable but they can help you.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Go to a doctor

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    See a doctor.

Also there are no such things as flushable wipes. Oh they say they are, but still not

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    If it's worms, Dr. Google says mebendazole and albendazole (active ingredients in two worm treatments) are both available in over-the-counter forms.

Since you probably can't go see your doctor this afternoon, go take one and see if it helps.

However, Dr. G also says pinworms are more active at night (or when you're sleeping; unclear) when they emerge to lay eggs. Does not mention any activity correlation with bowel movements.

How is your poop though? Is it normal? Is it oily? Loose?

Because this is the part that concerns me:
    It's almost as if when I take a poo, I'm not getting "all the poo out" and there is a bit up there a few inches and it creeps down to make me itchy later.

The part where you're entertaining the notion that your bowels are leaking. That's a doctor conversation regardless of any topical discomfort.

Are you just throwing this out there, or have you wiped your butt again when it got itchy, and discovered that there was fecal matter or some other substance present?

There are several liver/diet related reasons that bile, for example, might be seeping out of your rectum. You're gonna want to sort through those with a doctor.

TLDR: So, using the TV show House as a substitute for medical school, I recommend you scheduling a Dr appointment, then pickup some worm pills next time you leave the house.

(I'm gonna root for ironic irritation due to over wiping because that's a solid anecdote, given the lengths you've gone to, and an easy fix!)

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    zepherin wrote: »
    Also may be hemorrhoids.

For itching witch hazel works good to alleviate symptoms (use a q-tip), but go to a doctor, it’s uncomfortable but they can help you.

Hemorrhoids can also be exacerbated by:

-Straining during bowel movements.
    -Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet.

Which it sounds like you may now be doing.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Your butt will itch if it's not cleaned well

or if you have hemorrhoids

or if you have worms

The only one who can help you with the last two is a doctor. The first one can be solved with a bidet. The fact that you're mentioning not getting it all out makes me think you're not getting enough fiber in your diet so consider eating more fiber or taking a fiber supplement like psyllium husk.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me