As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Slay the Spire] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Had a Silent heart kill that would probably have worked out on A20 but sadly was only A7. It was a Shiv/Backstab/Finisher deck that made mincemeat of enemies on turn 1 with a bottled Finisher and a Gambler’s Chip to get as many Shivs as possible out of the gate. What made it completely broken was that my first relic was Shovel, so I simply dug at every rest site and had so many relics at the end of the game that I had to scroll them to see them all. Once I got Dead Branch it was just silly. Shivs dissolving into things like Wraith Form when I had Panacea and the like. I also had 3 attacks -> strength up relic so I was constantly scaling strength, sometimes by 3 or 4 points per turn. I also got the special jaxx event and took the relic, which thanks to Panacea sometimes lasted past the first turn.

Why can’t all runs be that good?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    You know what feels incredibly unlikely?
    I'm on a 6-game loss streak where I haven't been offered a single energy relic across all Act 1 and 2 bosses. :|

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I lost about a dozen Silent A20 runs yesterday. Couldn't get anything to line up. I had a close run that got smoked against Act 4 elites (heavily poison/weak/Corpse Explosion dependent, artifact charges got in my way). Seemed like I couldn't reliably get 4 energy (I saw Velvet Choker on what felt like every run and that's a run killer for Silent) and only saw a handful of Wraith Forms.

I even got a floor 3 Dead Branch in one run and proceeded to get 0 shiv cards until my untimely demise against Champ.

It was a pretty tilting day.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I lost about a dozen Silent A20 runs yesterday. Couldn't get anything to line up. I had a close run that got smoked against Act 4 elites (heavily poison/weak/Corpse Explosion dependent, artifact charges got in my way). Seemed like I couldn't reliably get 4 energy (I saw Velvet Choker on what felt like every run and that's a run killer for Silent) and only saw a handful of Wraith Forms.

I even got a floor 3 Dead Branch in one run and proceeded to get 0 shiv cards until my untimely demise against Champ.

It was a pretty tilting day.

Getting to Act 4 is a win in my book

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah double boss without healing between them is a bit much for me.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    My Ironclad runs always seem to either fizzle out in Act 2, or be some super powerhouse. This one was the latter:
    The starting choice for the run was to take damage for a rare card and I was offered Feed. Yup, ok that's more than fair. Then a few floors later I was offered a SECOND feed. I had a dual wield that I trashed at the last shop too, so I was effectively eating my way through every floor. There was just so much stupid synergy.
    For much of floor two I was regretting taking the Fusion Hammer for energy, and then I managed to pick up Apotheosis in a shop, and almost immediately after was offered the bottled lightning. So, nevermind. I picked up Corruption because why not, and then got offered the spoon in a shop. Ironically the only worthless thing was my first relic, because I was never offered or received a single curse in the entire run.

z673mxvb8jhr.png
    I AM THE HEART. I actually got really unlucky with the timing of my draws and intangibles, which is why I took so much damage. But I still was able to effectively face tank everything it threw at me and finish in style.

jhwax7x2gb8g.png

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yeah double boss without healing between them is a bit much for me.

You'll get there! It is totally doable!

On that note, i'mma going live. Come slay some spires with me folks!

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Hey all, we're doing the co-op live stream now! Stop by if you can, if not, we'll post the VOD.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Co-Op run success! A20 w/Ironclad complete!

ymv8d2vb0c66.png

Lots of synergy in this deck. Run went really well and we ate quite a few things. Thanks for the assist @The Zombie Penguin!

They'll post the VoD later.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    So we did it! We got Dover 'is very own A20 win!

Here's the vod

Run was werid - we never really found scaling, at least to any real degree. Paper Phrog miiiight have made this deck into a heart killer? Maybe?

It was a pretty good run all the same! Crushed the bosses handily. (Funny what disarm x3 will do to time eater and awoken one)

Also i managed to gt a score of 2019 pre-heart kill, but i cant make this deck actually kill the heart, i dont think? (Noxious fumes + bronze scales is too slow, Choke+ is a bad damage engine when you never found appairtions or Wraith forms. But hey, i piloted a choke deck through the a4 elites, so that's cool!)

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    This fucking game.

"Hmm, guess i failed in act 1. I'll take 1hp enemies"

...By floor 5, i had Feed, Immolate and Preserved Insect. Without having fought any elites.

Da Faq.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Second A20 Heart Kill

Still on Ironclad. First A20 Heart or not Heat Kill that doesn't have a snecko eye

I used the boots to fight three elites in three turns in act 2. The Sozu was wither that or philosophers stone or something bad I don't remember.

Slim deck for me at 22 cards. I learned that max hp is really good, @The Zombie Penguin

A few retrys on the heart but I got the kill with 15/168 hp remaining with the heart hit me for what would have been lethal without my flame barrier and bronze scales

Also, this was probably my best Act 4 elite fight ever. First turn KO on the spear guy and enough block?

Battle Trance (played before screenshot) + Impervious + Double Tap
    5 damage from letter opened
    Upper Cut x2
    Body slam x2 (plus 1 strength on the second from the shuriken)
    = 1 damage more than enough for the kill

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Nice work @Burtletoy

Also you'll be pleased to know i lost that ironclad run, because i'm an idiot who got cocky and didn't heal before Guardian. I hang my head in shame.

On the flipside, just downed the heart once more. So that's win 67 i think? Or 68. Thereabouts.

Pretty standard Silent deck. LVP of the relics were Bag of Prep and Omamori, both doing absolutely crap all in the run. Wrist Blade got taken over Velvet Choker just on grounds of my Turn 1 was going to crash into Choker all the time, it made my T1 burst real sweet, which helped with the whole survive act 2 thing. By late act 1 the poison strat was locked in - Act 2 i sprung for the Paper Krane, and that + the Wraith Forms (i took a second one over a Malaise, in point of fact) made most of act 3 pretty cruisy. Act 2 nearly killed the deck, but mainly on hall way fights - though a bad Gremlin Leader turn (2x 10 Attack Gremlins and Leader swinging for 8x3 with no where near enoughblock).

Heart was tricky because i drew all my good cards turn 1... except for Well Laid Plans. Really wish i'd seen another one of those, rather than the 4 or 5 Noxious Fumes i saw in this run. Take Well Laid Plans, kids. It's good.

Some random thoughts & stuff:

Question Card is so good when you see it early. Floor 6 for this one, and it got me so much value.
    Double Catalyst was a great choice, even if i only upgraded one
    Wraith Form upgrades were key
    Skipping shuriken to take blue key was a good choice in act 2!
    Paper Krane is really strong when you have all this weak.
    Pantograph was MVP and got me a key and an upgrade, as well as a lot of (needed) healing.
    4 energy was a big deal - Choker might have been the right choice after all. (If nothing else, taking choker would have opened up taking Ring of the Serpent over Philospher's stone, whcih is a very powerful relic... if you dont need your extra draws on t1).
    F5C69836F527D62539FB17F80A0B2FA51C14DDE6

Hopefully be streaming more tomorrow!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Somehow this piece of crap made it to the 2nd boss on A20 with all 3 keys. Time Eater was just the wrong pull, and Firebreathing for my free power was SUPREMELY underwhelming in that instance. Demon Form or Brutality or even another Metalicize would have gone over better (though I think only the first one might have enabled me to win). Infernal Blade also gave me a Body Slam, so I mean ... When the game says, "No." the game means no. :P
    nzipoxda6t80.png

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    That’s a uh... truly incredible amount of sustain! :O

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    Yeah, well, I got something even more stupid. <_<

pg480qi1v1d1.png
    Unfortunately, I crapped out again to the Time Eater. It ultimately just came down to incredibly rotten draw luck. I tried the fight 4 times, messing with RNG, and no matter what I come up 1 turn shy of killing him. Alas, no A20 wins for me these days.
    Oh, bonus points that Zombie is going to roll their eyes at: The 1x Clumsy was the curse I got with my starting bonus of 250 gold. I held onto it across the entire run because I figured, "Eh, it's pretty harmless, and maybe I'll get Juju Doll."

Hue-hue-hue-hue-hue ... ;D

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    @MNC Dover How do I have a higher Silent and Defect score than you this week?!

• Options
    @MNC Dover How do I have a higher Silent and Defect score than you this week?!

I’ve been playing like crap with them lately?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Yeah, well, I got something even more stupid. <_<

pg480qi1v1d1.png
    Unfortunately, I crapped out again to the Time Eater. It ultimately just came down to incredibly rotten draw luck. I tried the fight 4 times, messing with RNG, and no matter what I come up 1 turn shy of killing him. Alas, no A20 wins for me these days.
    Oh, bonus points that Zombie is going to roll their eyes at: The 1x Clumsy was the curse I got with my starting bonus of 250 gold. I held onto it across the entire run because I figured, "Eh, it's pretty harmless, and maybe I'll get Juju Doll."

Hue-hue-hue-hue-hue ... ;D

Nah, I can see the logic - clumsy is 1 bad draw with potential upside. As long as you have sufficient card draw and other options, removing strikes or whatever over clumsy makes a lot of sense.

The big thing that jumps out to me with your silent deck is the unupraded apparatioms, they might have been worth it. No nightmare sucks as well, but whatcha gonna do. I do think you could have had two less poisoned stab, and at least one of those noxious fumes should have been upgraded.

Probably would have benefiited from a well laid plans upgrade...

Honestly, I look at that, I probably would have slammed the I am awake option from mind bloom if I'd seen it. You have a TON of good upgrades. (Like your bad upgrade is endless agony)

Enough so I think you'd have stomped with them.

Chin up though! It looks like a great effort

• Options
    edited May 2019
    All of that makes sense. The upgrades were a problem - act 1 sucked and there just weren't many campfires, and I think I had to rest at two to not die. So between one fire and an early prayer I got Neutralize and After Image+, I think? Slim chance one of those poison stabs was Act 1, but I don't think so. Then I took the hammer and that was kind of it for that. I had hoped I might find/see more stuff, but I just didn't, and the sparing two I got went into Wraith Forms (the 3rd copy was mirror'd for lulz). I actually did get mind bloom, and I seriously considered the full upgrade. But it was early in Act 3 (like, that first ? early) and I was going for the heart and was at like 20HP. If I had done it, I probably could have cleared Act 3 easy, but I didn't know that then as I hadn't picked up Wraith Forms 2 and 3 yet. :(

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, your act 3 routing looks... questionable! (No offense). 4 fights in a row with no sustain, and with a deck that doesnt ramp up that fast (it absolutely rolls things when it gets going) - You're implicitly going to ave a rough time. Also you didn't have fusion hammer on the Silent run! Confusing it with ironclad, geez. How could you. Why pick a route with no elites? You definitely could have taken Nemisis and Giant Head, and i'm reasonably confident you crunched Reptomancer. Would have depended on your draw for that one. Admtiedly, i'm not sure what relics would have helped (Snecko Skull, bag of Prep would have been at least semi-sweet) but the chance for more wraith forms, more after images (and a catalyst or two) would have been great.

I just wiped out on a sweet Defect run that needed just... a bit more to spice it up. An extra Glacier or two and am mummified hand and it would have crushed - it was unstoppable when it got rolling, but jut too slow so the a4 elites ate it alive. Pretty sure it went splat to the heart as well (Like if it made it past turn 3, i think it won, but it's chances of getting past turn 3? Ha.) It did get to live the Giryia/Barrage/inserter dream, which was freaking sweet.

Re: Your ironclad deck, the main issue that jumps out to me is that it's a bit confused on it's identity - It's got hte perfected strike thing going on, but it never upgraded those, it's got a Shuriken/Drokick plan
    , but only 1 ungraded source of Vulnerable... Though it looks like you were building your defences around using Rage+? You probably needed more copies than that, and you really wanted an Uppercut but i like the concept of it. Pyrmaid woulda been freaking sweet for that deck, i think.

Still! You're def getting better dood =D (Seriously, wiping out against the A3 bosses is nothing to be ashamed of - The vast majority of my runs never even get that far, and they are HARD)

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    Oh man, that Ironclad run ... I honestly want to check my history now to look at card choices (stores are obviously omitted, but eh ...) to see how many blocks I passed up, because I can only remember a True Grit and two Iron Waves, but I did it on my lunch break and can't see it on this computer. :(

I'm looking at my Silent choices now and I had a bunch of things mixed up (Tee-hee, like, not actually having Fusion Hammer like you said. Ugh, brain ...).
    Act 1 I took 12 from Jaw Worm in fight 1, and 11 damage getting the Mummified Hand from the event, so rested at the first campfire with the two ?s and Elite coming up. This turned out to be a good plan because I took 39 damage from the Nob (empowered elite), so I rested again and got to upgrade Neutralize - hard to say if this was worthwhile in the long run over upgrading Well-Laid Plans (I had bought it at the first shop).
    Act 2 I took more damage from thieves and an event (Forgotten Altar is all bad, right? I took max HP for damage because I figured I could at least leverage that, but maybe just losing max would have been better), so rested before elite, which was Gremlin Leader who did 20 and forced me to rest again. It gets sad after that, where I purchase a Regal Pillow to try and stop having to rest so much, immediately take 66 from a Book of Stabbing, then find the Apparition event in those last three ?s. Upgraded After Image because I really wanted that consistency, and I wasn't sure hitting a single Apparition would do as much in the long run. Collector gave first Wraith Form.
    Act 3 I barely took damage from those first 4 hallways fights (8 total), and the ? was Mind Bloom, which I used to fight the Act 1 boss who gave me Wraith Form #2. The following two campfires I used to upgrade them, and got Dolly's Mirror at the shop to duplicate one. Oddly, it's not shown in the decklist, but I got a Write from the very last ? event when I healed for 8, and then I had to recall at the final campfire for the red key.

It's kinda hard to say. You might be right and I could have wrecked some dudes in Act 3, but looking at it I feel like a lot of how the deck came together was only through that first half of Act 3 netting me some big power bumps. I do feel like I was probably screwed either way at the bosses, because Awoken One would also probably have fucked me up. The deck didn't have the staying power to get poison ramped up twice, and that's where most of the damage came from, hence my timer running out against Time Eater ... Was still a fun run at least~

• Options
    Okay, looking at this Ironclad run at work:
    • Floor 4 I picked Perfect Strike over Rage // True Grit
    • Floor 10 passed up a Ghostly Armor for Battle Trance
    • Floor 13 I took Metallicize over True Grit // Iron Wave
    • Floor 18 Whirlwind+ was much better than Second Wind
    • Floor 19 passed up another Ghostly Armor
    • = Floor 21 picked up the Question Card! = +1 card viewed for the remainder of Act 2 (5 fights)
    • Floor 29 picked up Rage+
    • = Floor 34 I picked up Busted Crown = -2 cards viewed for the rest of the run
    • Floor 31 passed up Iron Wave
    • Floor 35 picked up Metallicize+
    • Floor 42 passed up Armaments
    ... That's actually it. Even I thought there were more.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Guys, this Defect deck is being stupid and I love it.
    0x0lz70mro08.png

Alas, I wiped on Awoken One because I took a shitload of damage from the Giant Head and couldn't quite stabilize to get into that fight with enough HP. Ah well, that was hilarious anyway.

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Hey, I made a Barricade deck work! With Feel No Pain, Corruption, and Dark Embrace, as well as copious amounts of Shrug It Off and Blockade, but still!

Even got a Heart kill.

Ascension 9, here we go. Hello again, Defect...

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    @ArcticLancer If it's any consolation, i've died to the heart, act 4, or the a3 bosses several times in the last few runs, all with good decks that didnt quite make it.

On that note, it's going live time!

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Ugh. This rates as possibly my most frustrating loss in a long, long time.
    1335BBBFD5E76AC860134980CC00AAEDC9609C37

54 hp lost on the first floor of A2. Die in a blender, Avacado D:

I should have removed strikes, not removed the pain i had, i think? Aaaugh. So frustrating.

I've also had 2 Silent runs ended by Reptomancer, 1 by the heart, 1 defect run to the Awoken One, 1 by Shied and Spear since my last win.

And that's just the runs that made it into act 3. Gurgh.

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    That score is perfect though. ;)

I actually missed that. 404, energy not found.

That deck was just so setup for greatness, and then act 2 ripped it apart. So frustrating. I've no idea other than not removing pain what i could have done - it got a solid act 1, and that act 2 routing looked the most solid. This game is bullshit! (in the best way, i love it so, even if right now i want to supplex an avacdo through all 50 something floors).

Random silly side note: At some point i want the card Muda Muda Muda to exist in this game: 1 energy, deal 0 damage 10 times. Consider the shennagins. (And the terrible, terrible joke)
    For those missing it: Muda Muda Muda is Useless Useless Useless! from Jojo. The card is useless.... till you get strength, or any other hypothetical methods of multi-hit scaling. At that point yelling Muda at your oppents is appropriate

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    I dunno, Boot making a card automatically deal 50 damage is definitely a thing. :P

• Options
    I dunno, Boot making a card automatically deal 50 damage is definitely a thing. :P

Would it actually work like that though? Boot requires you do damage in the first place.

(Honestly, if I was going to make the card, it'd be for a class with its own debuff that acts like a strength/poison hybrid - increases damage on every attack by stack size, stack decreases by 1 every turn. Then probably have muda (X3) explicitly note is unaffected by strength and the boot, just to stop things getting too insane.

It's probably too insane anyway)

• Options
    That's a good question, but you're probably right (I'm just considering the interaction with block as-is where meeting the value exactly doesn't do anything, but I wonder if that's simply because there's no carry-over. You don't get to do 0 damage that often to test this, unfortunately. :P ).

I'd definitely love to see some actual brainstorming on a custom class. I know lots of stuff that's already on the workshop is interesting, but lots of it is also jumbled, unrefined and uninspired. I trust y'all more than nerds from the ether. ;)

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    A16 defect down with a heartbreaker on the back of 33 relics. Got the black star from the whale. Bottom row is Cold Snap, Hello World, Ascender's bane:

s9Rh6e6.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Praise unto the one true lord of the Spire, the mighty Snecko!

E7946F39D1CC716155FD0E150443D2439647EE4A

E: Featuring the totally counter-intuitive strategy of having to hold that Bullet Time (after it Snecko'd to 0) until I could get multiple too-expensive Footworks in a hand on Duo and Deca. Took 4 tries to execute right.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    That's a good question, but you're probably right (I'm just considering the interaction with block as-is where meeting the value exactly doesn't do anything, but I wonder if that's simply because there's no carry-over. You don't get to do 0 damage that often to test this, unfortunately. :P ).

I'd definitely love to see some actual brainstorming on a custom class. I know lots of stuff that's already on the workshop is interesting, but lots of it is also jumbled, unrefined and uninspired. I trust y'all more than nerds from the ether. ;)

Well because I'm crazy, I do actually have an idea. I also have no idea how to program, and signing worries about being able to emulate the beautiful balance this game has.

The idea though - The Priestess. (Worth nothing I haven't spent the time to design cards here too much, just thought about there's)

Conceptually, she's drawing inspiration from both martial art monks and dnd clerics.

She has a unique debuff, Essence. Essence acts like a strength + poison hybrid, increasing damage per hit on the afflicted target, but falls off at a rate of 1 per turn.

Some her attacks or skills can cleanse essence from an oppent to do powerful things, or act like a finisher. She gets several multiattacks to, including muda muda muda.

She's also good at inflicting weak and vuln on targets, and probably has powers that mimic paper phrog and crane

(Thinking about that, if you made muda cost 3, and it's upgrade just adds 1 damage to it, it's not unreasonable to have boot work on it - a 3 cost rare doing 50 damage that requires at least 1-2 relics to start doing anything is pretty in line with other 3 cost nukes, like bludgeon or thunderstrike.)

One of her starter cards allows her to inflict essence

She has a necromancy theme - card draw is weak for her, but she has an exceptional ability to grab cards from the discard pile and use them. Lots of ways to dump cards into the discard pile, sometimes straight from the deck - then pull them into her hand.

Her other starter card is a better hologram (doesn't exhaust, doesn't block, upgrades to cost 0)

She has a set of cards called prayers - these either offer a powerful effect this turn, and then cripple you next turn (eg: gain 1 intagible. Gain 2 stacks of vuln and frail), or they provide a powerful but time delayed effect - something she can in theory abuse with her exceptional graveyard manipulation.

Possibly to go with prayers, a sub theme of cards that inflict slime, as well as some ways to weaponize that (slime thematically standing in for gross corpse gribblies and shit/spiritual pollution for messing with corpses)

Also I think I'm wrong re: the boot - you can test it via lavagulin, and I believe it just sets your damage floor to 5, as long as damage is unlocked

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    A blizzard cast while having a boot but having zero Frost orbs in a fight does zero damage

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    A blizzard cast while having a boot but having zero Frost orbs in a fight does zero damage

Now that's interesting! because i'm pretty sure boot kicks in if you have 0 damage from strenght - is it possible that it interpts boot as doing "no" damage, therefore cannot be fixed, while with negative strength means it sees it as doing dmaage that's been reduced to zero, therefore corrected?

I'm not sure.

Anyway: This was a sweet fucking win. I bought the Strange Spoon as a purely speculative thing, a "this might be good, if i get appartions!"

I never got apparitons.

I never got mummified hand.

I met awoken one.

It just didnt matter. This deck just turned into a wrecking ball, and that was before it bottled Apothesis. Getting Bird Faced urn was a big deal, and produced a ton of sustain for the deck. I took 94 damage in the heart fight despite coming in at my max of 88... and came out at 30. WHich was sweet.

Also, consider how much damage the heart takes every time it even bumps me slightly:
    D6C8DA78317F8CC0332FFC89A3B6D55BB2AE8F54

If i'm doing the math right here, every time the heart touches me once, it takes 176 damage for it's troubles. Which is a pretty high amount.

I also got the best a4 store i've ever seen - Data disk, Symbiotic Virus AND Orange Pellets. What the hell. Could only afford pellets, but holy fuck that's a good store. Just removed the last strike instead, so hey.

I'm trying to figure out what made this deck so strong - as best as i can tell, it's a mix of a few things.

One: It might be thick, but it had pretty solid card draw. Maybe 1 more skim would have been nice.
    Two: Question Card + Prayer Wheel before the halfway point of the game is a big combo. That let me see a loooot of cards.
    Three: Lots of ways to defend itself from multiple angles. Reinforced Body, Leaps (I actually picked those up super early as a "...Dammit, i need to beat Guardian", and they did work.
    Four: Runic Pyramid, with Amplify let it do a lot of work.
    Five: Buying happy flower was really smart, and did serious work, as did keeping the deck very low cost in general.

So, that's win 68, i belive! I need to pick up my speed~
    59C5747AD5C8A68E6447DE26B99938B142E44C86[/spoilers]

Cut off cards are 2x Force field. Hella fun deck! (Also i may have stalled time eater to 22 turns just to drop a 1k damage dark orb on it's head. While keeping my perfect. It's about sending a message.)

Edit: Niiiiiiiiice. My current deck is a grand finale deck that's kicking some serious arse.

The Zombie Penguin on
  • Options
    Hahaha, fuck yes!

I just beat the heart with a Grand Finale deck! Deck was a hot mess, but it worked. Grand Finale got taken back in act 1 when i was looking at my deck, and went "wait, i've got 19 cards and a well laid plans... i can cast this!"

It did WORK throughout the run. Pandora's box was taken on the strength of having Toxic Egg, and the other options being kinda crap. I really should have removed Storm of Steel, and had a lot of regrets that i never did - it got like cast once or twice throughout the run. Ended up giving up the remove just to buy Oddly Smooth Stone - the store kept having things i thought my deck needed more than a remove.

Still, it had gross amounts of card draw so being a glorious pile of what the hell worked out pretty well overall.

The Act 2 boss relics were super rude: Either velvet Choker (Which... yeah. No. Not in this deck). Or Runic Dome. Gods but playing with Runic Dome is stressful!

Even managed to come out of the heart at 30 health. To be frank though, that was getting absurdly lucky with the Piercing wails, and managing to hit the multi attacks each time after the strength buffs. Pretty sure i just lost if i didnt manage that.
    EA3A798C3CFBF0BA0D584277A445474904BFB864

Cut off cards are 4 copies of Crippling Cloud+ because i have a problem, and a Dagger spray.

So, one thing i wanna point out here - You can see a good example of how this deck is something that does both early game and late game. Early game, this was a Grand Finale deck. The only reason there's not more act 2 elites is i was event hunting (apparitions+ with a nightmare and well laid plans? That'd have won the game there.)

Late game though? After getting Snecko Skull, the deck's path was set, and seeing Envenom clinched it - That was how the deck was going to solve the rest of the game. Nightmare also gave it an out with silly combo shenanigans (Like donu and deca got done in by a nightmare'd Crippling Cloud. Awoken One, i nightmare'd Escape Plan. It aint stupid if it works!)

Fun times. Fun times.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ugh forgot to recall at the last campfire.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    This was the daily run, which meant the modifier where you added 10 cards to your deck every turn, so obviously I just played as many cards as I could all the time and it never would have worked otherwise. :P
    7sph0ve4nhs5.png

Special thanks to RNG for putting repeat Nightmares into the deck, letting me Nightmare > Adrenaline 4 turns in a row against shapes. XD